Community Focus

Old 11-27-2011, 02:30 PM #106
ThizZ
Twisted D3-SD Pirates

ThizZ supports Shocker RSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by patch32 View Post
How much does d2 payout?
I don't know of a single team that is playing paintball for the money.
correct me if I'm wrong.
ThizZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-27-2011, 06:49 PM #107
patch32

has been a member for 10 years
patch32 plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThizZ View Post
correct me if I'm wrong.
I wasn't serious, just messing with him haha
patch32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:08 PM #108
ThizZ
Twisted D3-SD Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by patch32 View Post
I wasn't serious, just messing with him haha
ohh okay lol.
Old 11-27-2011, 11:41 PM #109
Andocommando
Honey Badger don't care

plays in the NXL
Andocommando owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Andocommando posts videos on PbNation
Lets get some info on it aready

www.facebook.com/paintballarkansas
Andocommando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 03:35 PM #110
LittleH8kid

plays in the NXL
LittleH8kid supports Pev's Paintball
LittleH8kid plays in the APPA D1 division
Please, it early i knew but getting a rough idea about how many ppl we may need on our rosters would be nice. If its going to be 7man xball thats going to change a lot
LittleH8kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 03:46 PM #111
Deimus85
Playground Legend

Deimus85 is a Supporting Member
Deimus85 is an NCPA National Champion
Deimus85 plays in the APPA D2 division
Deimus85 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:59 PM #112
raehl
NCPA President

raehl is a Moderator
raehl is a Supporting Member
raehl is a founding member
raehl plays in the PSP
raehl is an NCPA National Champion
raehl plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by ***MINIONS*** View Post
They went bankrupt due to an outside sponsorship of the nppl going bankrupt. It had nothing to do with their "business skills". Just look at how they recovered in three months time to have a successful year in 2009. Id say that is good business.
The NPPL that last went bankrupt has nothing in common with the current NPPL except name and format.

If you think the last NPPL went bankrupt because an outside sponsor went away you're woefully uninformed. Even if it were true, which it isn't, that would mean the league put itself in a position where one sponsor determined whether the league survived or not, which would be... maybe poor business skills?

The last NPPL went bankrupt because they were spending a TON of money staging the events they were staging, not bringing in nearly that much money, and somebody (guess who) was misappropriating very large amounts of cash. By the time the owners figured out what was going on, the hole was too big to get out of.

But again, that was an entirely different company.

Quote:
As far as media I dont remember the psp ever being on television for the espn
Your memory is poor. PSP was televised on ESPN in December 2004.

Your memory also appears to be inventing things. NPPL (the current one) has never been on ESPN. An entirely different NPPL was on ESPN in (I think) 2006.

Quote:
or g4 television,
Paintball is on major series like big bang theory, CSI, etc, on a fairly frequent basis. The real question is, what positive thing happened as a result of this television exposure?

I mean, if we're going to talk awesome media skills, PSP should merge with NCPA, which has been on TV every year since 2005, *AND* we've never paid for air time. And we have a contract through 2013.

Quote:
and next year there is talk about them being on the x games
Just like there was talk THIS year of being on the X games? And talk LAST year of being on the X Games? How long is there "going to be talk" about being on the X-Games?

I think PSP will be in the Olympics next year. There, now there's talk about PSP being in the Olympics. Isn't any more true, of course.

Quote:
and being able to be ordered on on-demand. So yes, their media.
Why is being On-Demand better than being on YouTube?

- Chris

Check Out Paintball on TV!

National Collegiate Paintball Association, President - http://www.ncpapaintball.com

American Paintball Players Association - www.paintball-players.org

Last edited by raehl : 11-30-2011 at 02:41 PM.
raehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:11 PM #113
raehl
NCPA President

raehl is a Moderator
raehl is a Supporting Member
raehl is a founding member
raehl plays in the PSP
raehl is an NCPA National Champion
raehl plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by ***MINIONS*** View Post
no im not talking about the smart parts tourney. im talking about the half a decade paintball was on television on the espn.
The what?

The 1995? World Cup was on ESPN at the wee hours of the morning, courtesy Jerry Braun. The 2004 World Cup was on ESPN via NXL and Dick Clark Productions. The 2005 NPPL Commanders Cup was on ESPN. Smart Parts staged a "World Paintball Championship" of mostly NXL teams that was broadcast on ESPN in 2006 and 2007.

That is the complete history of paintball on ESPN.

Milt Call's Ultimate Arena league was on WGN for I think two seasons in 2006 and 2007.

Pacific Paintball's NPPL paid hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars to Fox to run Beyond the Paint at 4:30 PM on a Tuesday in 2007 and I think 2008 (don't remember if 2008 made it to TV).

NCPA did the college paintball championships on College Sports Television (now CBS College Sports) in 2005 and 2006, and on Fox College Sports and Fox Sports Net from 2007 through 2011. (That outlay was one of the reasons for the bankruptcy.)

I'm pretty sure that's the complete history of competitive paintball broadcasts on major networks.

I have no idea where you got a "half decade" from. Probably the same place you get the rest of your "stuff".

- Chris

Check Out Paintball on TV!

National Collegiate Paintball Association, President - http://www.ncpapaintball.com

American Paintball Players Association - www.paintball-players.org

Last edited by raehl : 11-28-2011 at 08:22 PM.
raehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:02 PM #114
ADOLF
SD VANDALS

ADOLF plays in the USPL
ADOLF owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ADOLF owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
From what I understood.. there will not be a merge and the 2 leagues will continue to have their differences. format locations rof and cost were all topics that i heard were issues. This was all rumored talks at Vegas. Tho a coach did say one league will be an official feeder league to PSP.. almost making NPPL a non factor when it comes to competing for teams in 7 man. If the 5 man psp format is that much successful over the NPPL, NPPL needs to adapt to a similar format with small modications such as rof, coaching/no coaching, protected colors, ramping/no ramping, etc.. Vegas was fun, but the ranking system failed and officials failed to check for sandbagging as well as some markers were found bouncy, yet let go since they couldnt get it to ramp. just some things I noticed while visiting the event. Something that Camille and co., corrected in the PSP, using their sytem and having Virtue track markers and speeds.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:16 PM #115
Deimus85
Playground Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by raehl View Post
Your memory also appears to be inventing things. NPPL (the current one) has never been on ESPN. An entirely different NPPL was on ESPN in (I think) 2006.
Correct, they aired the 2005 NPPL Miami Pro event during the Late Winter/Early Spring 2006.

Quote:
I mean, if we're going to talk awesome media skills, PSP should merge with NCPA, which has been on TV every year since 2005, *AND* we've never paid for air time. And we have a contract through 2013.

Last edited by Deimus85 : 11-28-2011 at 11:18 PM.
Deimus85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:21 PM #116
CharlieFox01
A member of the Crew

CharlieFox01 supports Bob Gurnsey
Quote:
I have no idea where you got a "half decade" from. Probably the same place you get the rest of your "stuff".
- Chris
Thank You Mr. Raehl, I was actually searching ESPN looking for some evidence of that 1/2 decade to watch. The paintball video's that pop up on espn searching for paintball is from HB which did not play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADOLF View Post
PSP, using their sytem and having Virtue track markers and speeds.
If I'm not mistaken the Virtue board tracking system is in the NPPL. Nice of the NPPL to help create a board monopoly if you want to play in the NPPL. I guess that's one way to guarantee a sponsor to stay involved in the league.

That is an interesting point there is numerous "regional feeder leagues" that are PSP based. I don't know of any 7 man series at least out here on the West coast, which doesn't even have a PSP event happen in the area
CharlieFox01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:28 PM #117
Deimus85
Playground Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieFox01 View Post

If I'm not mistaken the Virtue board tracking system is in the NPPL. Nice of the NPPL to help create a board monopoly if you want to play in the NPPL. I guess that's one way to guarantee a sponsor to stay involved in the league.
Wrong. You do not need a Virtue board to play in the NPPL. Virtue simply installed their RF chip into PRO markers so that the league could monitor ROF and amount of shots fired in a match. They are attached to the stock (or sponsored aftermarket) boards.

In fact, my Arsenal Victory has a VIRTUE RF CHIP attached to its....TADAO board!

If you are misinformed, stop helping others become so as well.

Last edited by Deimus85 : 11-28-2011 at 11:31 PM.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:48 PM #118
Eric99BL

Eric99BL is a Professional paintball player
Does the DLeague or RPL feed nppl?
Old 11-29-2011, 01:31 AM #119
CharlieFox01
A member of the Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimus85 View Post
Wrong. You do not need a Virtue board to play in the NPPL. Virtue simply installed their RF chip into PRO markers so that the league could monitor ROF and amount of shots fired in a match. They are attached to the stock (or sponsored aftermarket) boards.

In fact, my Arsenal Victory has a VIRTUE RF CHIP attached to its....TADAO board!

If you are misinformed, stop helping others become so as well.
I was just correcting his statement that it was in the PSP.
I'm just going by what was said during the broadcast, don't remember who, but what they said was that the Virtue "board" was on all pro markers and would be trickling down to all divisions. He did not distinguish that it was a chip , just referenced a "Virtue board".
My markers don't use chip or boards so I don't claim to be an expert and was just expressing an opinion.
If you are informed and can offer a clarification than do so without being a dick.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:47 AM #120
Deimus85
Playground Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieFox01 View Post
I was just correcting his statement that it was in the PSP.
I'm just going by what was said during the broadcast, don't remember who, but what they said was that the Virtue "board" was on all pro markers and would be trickling down to all divisions. He did not distinguish that it was a chip , just referenced a "Virtue board".
My markers don't use chip or boards so I don't claim to be an expert and was just expressing an opinion.
If you are informed and can offer a clarification than do so without being a dick.
You should probably put the highlighted in your signature then, so people do not take your opinion seriously.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:35 AM #121
ThizZ
Twisted D3-SD Pirates

Quote:
You should probably put the highlighted in your signature then, so people do not take your opinion seriously.
he uses a mechanical gun...
Old 11-29-2011, 11:37 AM #122
wildcat65gt500
Hack the planet!!

wildcat65gt500 plays in the APPA D5 division
wildcat65gt500 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric99BL View Post
Does the DLeague or RPL feed nppl?
Dleague is the feeder. Is the RPL still around?
wildcat65gt500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 11:38 AM #123
Deimus85
Playground Legend

Quote:
he uses a mechanical gun...
I got that, but unfortunately not everyone on this website is a mind reader. So when you say something ignorant like "Nice of the NPPL to help create a board monopoly if you want to play in the NPPL," all you do is perpetuate rumors and untruths. Then he admitted after the fact that electronic markers are not his field of expertise...so what is one doing posting about something they know little about? Why would anyone care of your opinion when it is an uneducated one?

So, as I said, if you want people to know something about you, like the fact that you know very little about electronic markers, but are going to post about them anyway, make sure you let it be known so people that actually do care or do know something about the topic will know NOT to take you seriously.

The same can be said about most of the posts in this thread. If you aren't sitting on the board of directors at the NPPL and know about their financials, then all your information regarding the subject is simply heresay.

Also, in regards to the "Richard-ness" of my post (#117), it simply was nothing of the sort. Bluntly disproving a rumor with fact, while combining a bit of comedic relief in the form of a gopher, is not harsh. Just because your point is refuted does not mean that the person doing so is "hating on you," or "being a dick." This isn't kindergarten people, just because somebody showed you that his Charizard is actually better than your Pikachu doesn't mean he's "a big old meanie face mcgee pants."

Last edited by Deimus85 : 11-29-2011 at 12:06 PM.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:33 PM #124
ADOLF
SD VANDALS

ADOLF plays in the USPL
ADOLF owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ADOLF owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
so here is the here say.. The merger is no more. There will be 2 leagues in 2012, as I was told in Vegas, it happened..
Old 11-30-2011, 08:07 PM #125
CharlieFox01
A member of the Crew

Quote:
Then he admitted after the fact that electronic markers are not his field of expertise...so what is one doing posting about something they know little about? Why would anyone care of your opinion when it is an uneducated one?
Actually I said I didn't play with one doesn't mean I don't have any expertise with them.

The same can be said about most of the posts in this thread. If you aren't sitting on the board of directors at the NPPL and know about their financials, then all your information regarding the subject is simply heresay.
I agree with most of this. I just find it funny that people get so bent out of shape with whats posted here in PBNation. After all it is just a blog

Also, in regards to the "Richard-ness" of my post (#117), it simply was nothing of the sort. Bluntly disproving a rumor with fact, while combining a bit of comedic relief in the form of a gopher, is not harsh. Just because your point is refuted does not mean that the person doing so is "hating on you," or "being a dick." This isn't kindergarten people, just because somebody showed you that his Charizard is actually better than your Pikachu doesn't mean he's "a big old meanie face mcgee pants."
I have to believe that your sense of humor is a little one sided as in giving and not taking I meant that all in jest if I was attempting to insult you I could have done so with much harsher words and/or internet art.

Quote:
I'm guessing that you passed over post #83 where I qualified my opinions by proclaiming to one and all that I am a.......Pump Player.
Also in my signature is....OSC= Old School Challenge, a Pump league and OSOKO= One Shot One Kill Open, a Pump league.
Old 12-03-2011, 01:23 PM #126
TzeentchianGod
aka Sentinel

TzeentchianGod is a Supporting Member
TzeentchianGod supports Cereal Killerz 2
Not sure how that excuses you for posting your dumb opinions.