PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 11-28-2007, 08:49 PM #1
Chicagolandpb (Banned)

has been a member for 10 years
Chicagoland Site updated for Team Practices

In the interest to be fair and being the only indoor in the Chicagoland Area we have started up first come first serve reservations for teams. Please check out our site and sign up for practices. We will be running X-ball until January 1. After that we will schedule the NPPL and Xball fields to coencide with events.

John
Chicagolandpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-28-2007, 08:58 PM #2
+ompaloompa+
A Legacy

+ompaloompa+ owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
come play against farside kids, farside,CLP.com, and all the other teams up there all the time
RIP Towlie man
PURDUE
Mar. 19 1986 a child was brought into this world, Nov. 18 2008 a legend left it
+ompaloompa+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 09:12 PM #3
ArchAngelIon
I run a field now

ArchAngelIon plays in the PSP
ArchAngelIon helped look for balloons
ArchAngelIon posts videos on PbNation
ArchAngelIon is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Teams get BYOP?
Old 11-29-2007, 11:43 AM #4
B i s c u i t s

How many teams are you guys capping it at for practices?

Do teams have to pay the $100 deposit on Sundays as well, or is that just to cover operating costs if a team wants to reserve a day during the week?
B i s c u i t s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 01:22 PM #5
JWear

im a little confused do u have to sign up to play sunday morning or can a team just come in and practice sundays
JWear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 05:31 PM #6
evil*e*

call

well after reading and re-reading this post and your questions you all posted, and also thanx to my superior phone dialing skillz, i decided to call teh evil leader Johnny R himself on his cell.
First off, realize, I got ahold of him as he was on a plane to San Diego with the rest of the Farside Killers, so i just asked him for the basic explination as to the 100$ deposit. He asked me to post up something as he wont have access to a computer for the next few hours. So again, Im sure when he gets time, he'll post up something a lil more detailed about this and maybe answer any questions you got. Hopefully, This may help and i explained what he told me on the phone well.
Anyhoo, I asked him " Am i reading this right? I pay 5 bux entry and 50 ( or 55) for a case and then I pay 100 to get my team to play? Because im bringin my guys and some guys were lookin to take for the 08 season out on sunday."
He said Yes. The reasoning for this is as he's the only indoor in Chicago, there are sure to be alot of teams goin up there. (If anyone was there last year, i can remember that there were days when i had to ask people to move theyre stuff so i could get to my stuff to repod up and get ready to play.)
The theory behind the 100 dollars deposit is the teams that sign up and pay first get first dibbs on playing time over the teams who just show up to play. As some teams showed up to play last year and, i guess, barely got any play time on the field at all
So, By paying the 100 dollars deposit, this secures your spot to play before a team who just showed up without paying if your standing in line to get on the field.
Example: Midwest Arson signed up and payed the deposit. Killa Karls Sofa Kings just showed up to play. They both are waiting in line to play. Midwest Arson would be able to play before the sofa kings when waiting in line because they signed up and payed the deposit while the sofa kings didnt and instead spent theyre money on the much loved drink of choice...BEER! hehehe kinda funny example and no disrespect ment.
He ( Johnny R) said he's NOT trying to make any extra cash, hes trying to make it fair for all teams with as much play time as possible.
You LOSE this deposit if you pay it and your team dosent show obviously.
He didnt have a whole lot of time to talk so, again, he said that he'd get on here and explaine in more detail as i told him in my opinion, the post was kinda general and not very detailed. He said he would.
So thats about all i got. Again, if i didnt explaine things well enough, or didnt get what he was saying exactily correct, my appologies hommies.
Hopefully, this will all be straightened out soon and everyone will be clear on this.
E
evil*e* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 06:54 PM #7
zerostockion

lol i hope ur misconstrude, because then technically that "deposit" or whatever word you want to use for TAX isnt really a deposit at all, because that would insinuate that the money is then going towards the price of admission or being refunded. unless im an ***.
zerostockion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 07:35 PM #8
evil*e*

me

well i just typed what i talk to him about so i may be wrong.
hopefully, he'll be on to straighten thingz out.
just tried to pass on info to help and hope i didnt hinder everything.
e
Old 11-29-2007, 08:08 PM #9
zerostockion

thank you for the kind gesture anyway, and it def goes for something that they atleast asked you to put up some info so they dont leave everyone hanging.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:08 PM #10
eforcegtid00d
factorypb

eforcegtid00d plays in the PSP
eforcegtid00d owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerostockion View Post
lol i hope ur misconstrude, because then technically that "deposit" or whatever word you want to use for TAX isnt really a deposit at all, because that would insinuate that the money is then going towards the price of admission or being refunded. unless im an ***.
Sam, let me put this in plain english for you, based off of what E said.

$100 = field priority
No $100 = back of the line
Old 11-29-2007, 08:22 PM #11
zerostockion

lol jake ull never have to pay it anyway so it doesnt apply to you ever
Old 11-29-2007, 09:15 PM #12
Evil Leader
Johnny Rathbun-Evil Fact.

Evil Leader is a Supporting Member
Evil Leader is a Professional paintball player
Evil Leader is a Forum Captain
sorry for any confusion

Ok heres the skinny

Being the only field in the Chicagoland Area we are expecting alot more teams. Ea team must now register to play. We are starting at 10 teams then if we see we can add more then we will. The idea is that teams actually get in a good practice between 7-12pm on Sat and Sunday mornings.
I could just let everyone in and take all the money and let you ea play 3 gamesb but that did not seem fair. The $100 you get back when you show up to play. Its a hold for your spot. So if we cap 10 teams and you don't show their is some penalty so that each team just does not book ea weekend then only come a portion of those times.
If you have any other questions let me know.
Evil Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 09:20 PM #13
evil*e*

wheshw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Leader View Post
Ok heres the skinny

Being the only field in the Chicagoland Area we are expecting alot more teams. Ea team must now register to play. We are starting at 10 teams then if we see we can add more then we will. The idea is that teams actually get in a good practice between 7-12pm on Sat and Sunday mornings.
I could just let everyone in and take all the money and let you ea play 3 gamesb but that did not seem fair. The $100 you get back when you show up to play. Its a hold for your spot. So if we cap 10 teams and you don't show their is some penalty so that each team just does not book ea weekend then only come a portion of those times.
If you have any other questions let me know.
thanx for posting that J masta J.
i hope i explained it ok bro.
best of luck to yous guys in San Diego bro!
e
Old 11-29-2007, 09:20 PM #14
zerostockion

Thank you very much for clearing up the confusion. Alot of people were under the impression that the deposit was more of a tax or reservation fee.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:21 PM #15
Nick_at_PBM
This.Is.Life

You should think about extending your hours if possible, and take deposits to reserve different three hour slots, ex. 10 teams for 7-10, 10 teams for 10-1.
I think it would make you guys a lot more money, and be convenient for the players.
Nick_at_PBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 10:42 PM #16
jacapbinc
BIG BLACK

jacapbinc plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
jacapbinc owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jacapbinc plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_at_PBM View Post
You should think about extending your hours if possible, and take deposits to reserve different three hour slots, ex. 10 teams for 7-10, 10 teams for 10-1.
I think it would make you guys a lot more money, and be convenient for the players.
I think you should think about extending team practice hours and everyone can wait their turn! Here is my question; What about the teams that don't make the 10? Are they stuck paying $60 and hoping they play? I don't understand how, if you have 10 teams reserve spots anyone outside of that will get a chance to play? Hell, by the time the last two teams (out of the 10) finish, the first 2 will be ready to go again!

I'm just trying to understand.

Last edited by jacapbinc : 11-29-2007 at 10:45 PM.
jacapbinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 02:29 PM #17
Chicagolandpb (Banned)

Posting

we will post the teams here on Fridays. As of this weekend we don't have 10 teams pre registered so its come by chance. As far as extended hours. Unfortunately we have alot more recreational parties and groups that come in during our normal hours. These customers rent, and pay full price for paint. So I don't think its in the company's best interest to do this sorry. We are trying to make it fair to everyone. Its not easy to do but this is what we feel gives teams the best alternative.
Chicagolandpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 05:14 PM #18
p8ntballer714
XLNC

when are you able to reserve a spot as a team? Could you reserve a spot every weekend if you had the money right now? maybe their should be a system where it opens for reservations Monday at 5pm for the following Sunday. That way you don't have teams that have a lot of money abuse it. i am just thinking of it from the poor college kids perspective, does this rule apply to pro teams because i can see Avalanche, Shock, NTK, Farside all buying up spots for the entire winter. which then only leaves 6 open spots.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:03 PM #19
stabbedu2

I think once all the bugs are worked out this will work out well John.
to CLP once again for trying to make it better for those who are organized enough to think/plan ahead a week.
stabbedu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 06:05 PM #20
jacapbinc
BIG BLACK

plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntballer714 View Post
when are you able to reserve a spot as a team? Could you reserve a spot every weekend if you had the money right now? maybe their should be a system where it opens for reservations Monday at 5pm for the following Sunday. That way you don't have teams that have a lot of money abuse it. i am just thinking of it from the poor college kids perspective, does this rule apply to pro teams because i can see Avalanche, Shock, NTK, Farside all buying up spots for the entire winter. which then only leaves 6 open spots.
Some good points made here.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:10 PM #21
jacapbinc
BIG BLACK

plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by stabbedu2 View Post
I think once all the bugs are worked out this will work out well John.
to CLP once again for trying to make it better for those who are organized enough to think/plan ahead a week.
Are you really going to go there? It's not always about being organized! Some of us have lives outside of paintball so sometimes schedules clash.
ReplyRegional Ups