Old 10-10-2007, 03:58 PM #85
Bunkered89

Bunkered89 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Bunkered89 owns a Planet Eclipse - Gtek 170r
Bunkered89 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold_Eagle View Post
I have a question about 4th Amendment rights. Say a cop wants to search my truck even though I don't smoke and am not drunk and have only committed a traffic violation (ie 10 over, or didnt stop at stop sign). What do I do?
You don't consent to a search, simple as that. If he has no probable cause(i.e. the smell of marijuana in the car or smell of alcohol on your breath, no weed or opened containers of alcohol in plain view, etc), then he cannot search your car. Now if you let him anyway, despite him having probable cause, then you waive your rights and anything is fair game.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-10-2007, 04:01 PM #86
Animalm0ther3
The Stig, [])anny, df04

Would it be better to allow a search if I have nothing to hide? I don't really see me denying a cop a search and walking away without a speeding ticket, so I guess I should let him go for it.

"Originally posted by so_FLY: i've heard one beer adds .1 to your BAC, so he had 79 beers?"
Old 10-10-2007, 04:32 PM #87
small-talk-noob

small-talk-noob helped look for balloons
I would deny it just because i hate waisting time, and if i know they will not find anything because there is nothing to find, why sit there and wait for them to finish searching.

And on the question about cigarettes, i am almost certain it is 18(19 in NJ) to purchase, not smoke. where as alcohol is 21 to purchase and consume, tobacco is 18 just to purchase.

I could be wrong though. If it is also illegal to consume under 18, then it has got to be one of the most un enforced laws i have ever heard of.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:37 PM #88
Animalm0ther3
The Stig, [])anny, df04

Quote:
Originally Posted by small-talk-noob View Post
I would deny it just because i hate waisting time, and if i know they will not find anything because there is nothing to find, why sit there and wait for them to finish searching.
well if it puts him in a good mood or gives him a good vibe or whatever he could decide to let me off with a warning.

"Originally posted by so_FLY: i've heard one beer adds .1 to your BAC, so he had 79 beers?"
Old 10-10-2007, 05:01 PM #89
Fromage_redux
<3 Zooey Stalker <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animalm0ther3 View Post
correct answer is: deny search.
what if the cop is a noob, and doesnt care

Quote:
Originally Posted by apunkjunkie View Post
The only place I'm not checking is your butt hole (had to edit to due swear filter).....seriously. Because if you want to hide your weed there, then smoke it later....more power to ya.
What if I tell you its in my butthole.... will you then get it out? :shouldthatbeadodgy?:

Old 10-10-2007, 05:01 PM #90
Animalm0ther3
The Stig, [])anny, df04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromage_redux View Post
what if the cop is a noob, and doesnt care
then you can own his *** in court

attention: important vid!

i lol'd at the random suspicious for being black scenario.

Old 10-10-2007, 05:17 PM #91
Fromage_redux
<3 Zooey Stalker <3

Quote:

ive seen that lol, cracks me up
Old 10-10-2007, 05:49 PM #92
I<3Tool

I have a question this is 100% serious...

I am 18 my girlfriend is 16 she wants to have sex but I refuse b/c I am scared if we break up or something down the road she will be pissed and tell her parents and I could be charged with statutory rape or something. She says since the age of consent in Georgia is 16 it is perfectly legal.

I would really appreciate an answer on this as I don't want to go get myself in trouble. Worst case scenario I guess is ill tell her wait 2 more years or we end out relationship. Or best case scenario its legal(which I doubt it is).

Thanks.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:28 PM #93
apunkjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cone_420 View Post
I've always wondered what a cop can or will do if you insult them in public. I know each state has a different definition of what is considered a threat, but what if I just walk down the street and call an officer a hater say they suck or something like that?
Well you can, but you commit the gravest offense known to all police...POP (pissin off police). If you want to, go ahead. If you want to push the issue, there's always disorderly conduct . I just smile and wave at them, because most people who do that want to get a rise out of you.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:30 PM #94
apunkjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXMark View Post
How come Officers who know another Cop is dirty/abusive with power, do nothing about it?
It depends. A lot of the time they don't know another cop is dirty or abusive. There are several times where officers pull other officers aside and say, "Look, you shouldn't do that anymore...." I can't really answer that question very well because I've never been put in that situation.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:36 PM #95
apunkjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold_Eagle View Post
I have a question about 4th Amendment rights. Say a cop wants to search my truck even though I don't smoke and am not drunk and have only committed a traffic violation (ie 10 over, or didnt stop at stop sign). What do I do?
I can't tell you what to do. You can consent or not consent, it all depends. I'm not going to give you advice, but if you don't have anything to hide, it only takes a few minutes or risk waiting 20+ minutes for a police dog.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:38 PM #96
apunkjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3Tool View Post
I have a question this is 100% serious...

I am 18 my girlfriend is 16 she wants to have sex but I refuse b/c I am scared if we break up or something down the road she will be pissed and tell her parents and I could be charged with statutory rape or something. She says since the age of consent in Georgia is 16 it is perfectly legal.

I would really appreciate an answer on this as I don't want to go get myself in trouble. Worst case scenario I guess is ill tell her wait 2 more years or we end out relationship. Or best case scenario its legal(which I doubt it is).

Thanks.
The age of consent is 16, but read the law to make sure it applies to your situation exactly. (www.findlaw.com)
Old 10-10-2007, 06:43 PM #97
apunkjunkie

Quote:

Hmm...that video was informative, yet there are several exceptions they didn't mention. I won't mention them to you, but if you try some of that stuff in the wrong situations, don't be surprised if you still get locked up and convicted.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:58 PM #98
hsilman
Disgustipated

yeah, I know most of my rights, but the law sure is technical. I deny every search, everytime as a matter of course. I've definitely had "contriband" in my car sometimes, but every time I've been asked if they can search my vehicle and I said no, i was clean. It's just a matter of principle to me I guess. The time thing doesn't bother me either.

I know it may seem "dirty" to some people, but I never cooperate without a lawyer. You never know wtf you could say that could end up getting you in some kind of trouble. Sure, maybe that trouble is something minor, but why take the risk? If I'm ignorant of the law, might as well let someone who knows it do the talking for me.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:19 PM #99
Animalm0ther3
The Stig, [])anny, df04

Quote:
I won't mention them to you
please?

Old 10-10-2007, 07:32 PM #100
Lil_Spinney

If you are drunk you
1. refuse to blow
2. refuse to take a sobriety test, and you give the reason of not beliving that it would give an accurate determination to weither you were impared.
3.Where you sign the ticket instead of the signature write I request a blood test.
I heard that you can get out of a dui as long as your not acting like a complete jack ***. Does a judge have any proof to convict you once it goes to court? I do not plan on doing this nor do I drive drunk, I just heard this and was wondering if it is true.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:33 PM #101
PBU

Quote:
It depends. A lot of the time they don't know another cop is dirty or abusive. There are several times where officers pull other officers aside and say, "Look, you shouldn't do that anymore...." I can't really answer that question very well because I've never been put in that situation.
Now that response just looks like a "cop out" to me! lol
Old 10-10-2007, 08:01 PM #102
zimm41
A.F.F.A

Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3Tool View Post
I am 18 my girlfriend is 16 she wants to have sex but I refuse

listen for the last time u guys prolly go to school together right? look ur a senior bangin a junior there is nothing wrong with that at all. your not going to get arrested for rape trust me i know.

**** her and enjoy it, your not going to get arrested or charged period

or dump her and get a girlfriend 18 or over
Old 10-10-2007, 08:06 PM #103
hsilman
Disgustipated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil_Spinney View Post
If you are drunk you
1. refuse to blow
2. refuse to take a sobriety test, and you give the reason of not beliving that it would give an accurate determination to weither you were impared.
3.Where you sign the ticket instead of the signature write I request a blood test.
I heard that you can get out of a dui as long as your not acting like a complete jack ***. Does a judge have any proof to convict you once it goes to court? I do not plan on doing this nor do I drive drunk, I just heard this and was wondering if it is true.
the breath test they give you on the spot isn't what they convict you for anyways. If you "blow" over the limit, they take you to the station to do the more accurate test. It varies by state, but generally refusing to blow is an automatic suspension of your license for a period of time.

Again, not legal advice. Something I've thought about is are they allowed to administer a sobriety test without any proof? Like can they just pull you over out of the blue and do it?
Old 10-10-2007, 08:08 PM #104
apunkjunkie

Quote:
please?
If I named every single exception that I knew, I'd be stuck here in front of the computer all night long making sure that I quoted the right cases...something that my wife wouldn't approve of because I don't see her enough anyways. Also, with my luck, I'd get all the way through with the response and it would get deleted.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:10 PM #105
apunkjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsilman View Post
yeah, I know most of my rights, but the law sure is technical. I deny every search, everytime as a matter of course. I've definitely had "contriband" in my car sometimes, but every time I've been asked if they can search my vehicle and I said no, i was clean. It's just a matter of principle to me I guess. The time thing doesn't bother me either.

I know it may seem "dirty" to some people, but I never cooperate without a lawyer. You never know wtf you could say that could end up getting you in some kind of trouble. Sure, maybe that trouble is something minor, but why take the risk? If I'm ignorant of the law, might as well let someone who knows it do the talking for me.
Trust me on this, lawyers don't know the law that well either....

I've run into lawyers that could barely recite the 4th and 5th amendment with it right in front of them, let alone case law to get you off the hook. There are lawyers out there that believe that just because they graduated law school and passed the bar, they know everything.