PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-17-2004, 09:31 AM #1
pkloehn

665-Almost Evil - DQ'd?

Anyone know what happened to 665-Almost Evil.

According to the scores they have been disqualified.

Anyone have the scoop?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-17-2004, 09:49 AM #2
Boredloser404

Quote from NPPL

"2 teams have been disqualified due to bouncing guns proving that players have got to stay legal. There is no doubt that we are gonna see some great ballin' tomorrow."
Old 07-17-2004, 05:24 PM #3
665AlmostEvil
Duck Fada!

has been a member for 10 years
I have a post in the Chop Shop DQd thread and NPPL too harsh thread. sorry..just didnt feel like copy/pasting a third time.
Old 07-18-2004, 10:47 PM #4
DATRUPIMPWITANIMP
www.TEAMGRAFFITI.com

DATRUPIMPWITANIMP is a Supporting Member
665 had a gun that was ramping BPS.
Old 07-18-2004, 10:51 PM #5
<("<)
One Among the Fence

<("<) is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by DATRUPIMPWITANIMP
665 had a gun that was ramping BPS.
One more person whos too ignorant to understand the difference between bouncing and ramping......
Old 07-18-2004, 11:05 PM #6
Logical

its sad really...
Old 07-19-2004, 06:33 AM #7
DATRUPIMPWITANIMP
www.TEAMGRAFFITI.com

DATRUPIMPWITANIMP is a Supporting Member
When Phil, Ron K. and Dean all say that the gun was ramping more then 2 to 3 bps. I would tend to believe them since they are on the rules board and are the ones that did the robot test. I have a Electronics degree so I do believe I know a few things about what true bounce is!

That nppl qoute was released before the robot testing took place!
Old 07-19-2004, 08:01 AM #8
Trix_are_for_Me_10

Quote:
Originally posted by DATRUPIMPWITANIMP
When Phil, Ron K. and Dean all say that the gun was ramping more then 2 to 3 bps. I would tend to believe them since they are on the rules board and are the ones that did the robot test. I have a Electronics degree so I do believe I know a few things about what true bounce is!

That nppl qoute was released before the robot testing took place!
You got served
NYX #363 --> for sale

Purdue Paintball - President
www.genenow.com
www.hammerheadpaintball.com
www.back80.com - best field in WI/MN
http://www.naptownkilla.com./
Old 07-19-2004, 08:46 AM #9
chopper

Moral of the story.

We bought Tadao 4.0 Boards.

We did not set them up to bounce, we did not set them up to cheat. They are built to ramp. This was not a bouncing issue, this was not an intentional cheating issue. Did we cheat yes, Did we know the boards were fast yes (why else would we have them in our guns), Did we know that they ramped, NO. Do we feel we were wronged, NO. We had the board in a gun we took on the field, the gun was put in a robot that had never seen our guns before and it was found to ramp, NOT BOUNCE lets not confuse the two as they are completely different. Should the ref have let us adjust an illegal gun after we just played a game, NO we just played with an illegal gun, this wasn't something that happened at the chrono station BEFORE a game this was an illegal gun that just came off the field.

Was the penalty harsh, Yes, but we knew the penalty before we ever boarded the plan to Huntington three tourneys ago.

If we thought for one moment that one of our guns was illegel, we would never have brought it on the field. Spending this amount of money to play 4 games that didn't count is not what we consider enjoyable.

As far as other teams go, are there other teams out there that have guns that ramp? Are there other teams that are like us and truely think they have a fast gun that is legal? Are there other teams that have guns that they know are illegal? We personally don't care. We are one team out of Chicago that enjoys playing the game, do we care if others get caught? NO, we did we payed the price. Are we going to sit on these boards and cry about it, NO. It happened, we got spanked, on to Vegas.

I truely hope that other teams will pay attention to what happened to us. Please know that just because you think you are the fastest trigger man out there, your gun may not be legal. It was a very expensive leason learned and hopefully, ourselves and our friends at Chop Shop were able to shine some light on what can happen to any of you.

Last edited by chopper : 07-19-2004 at 10:46 AM.
Old 07-19-2004, 09:35 AM #10
ThkOwnsMadFools

Good job bro, way to come out and let everyone know that.. I went to a local event (TOTALLY DIFFERENT) but I had my dm4 wires ripped out of my gun the nite before by a certain ******* back player of mine.. so the next day I had a Lasoya to use or a Nyx.

Well I went to chrono with the lasoya but it was bouncing way to much to get on (Frenzy) so I tried turning debounce up but to no avail did it work.

So I take the NyX and shoot it over the chrono 278-280-281 so I was like nice, but I went to check if LPR was tight nope back player forgot that too lol.

So I asked a kid from the crowd I knew if I could use his Empire timmy, He let me use it and we chronod it, and checked it for bounce nothing happened.

After the game grab gun away from me it was going full auto lol, I guess what had happened is the dumb ref who took it from me shut it off, and then held the trigger when he turned it on, so in simulate..

Well the gun bounces majorly in simulate so i got a penalty for it and I also apologized for it the next day.

Official Trauma Fan Club Member #00
Old 07-19-2004, 10:05 AM #11
angelballer

Quote:
Originally posted by chopper
Any comment from FlipFlops? I knew he claims never to have produced a "cheater" board. It might be interesting considering half of the matrixes out there probably have this software in it...
Old 07-19-2004, 10:41 AM #12
chopper

No comment from Flipflops as of yet, but I can tell you that there is not a single master mind on this team that could have changed the programing in that board. The DBounce had been cranked to one of the highest settings to avoid the bouncing issue (Doug our player with the gun in question is the one player on our team that has never had finger speed issue's, so him needing a bouncing/ramping gun is a non-issue, me on the other hand, it could bounce and ramp and as slow as my fingers are, a ref still wouldn't take notice), so I would assume that if we didn't do anything to the board and the dbounce wasn't set anywere near the bottom, the boards just maybe have a little bit of a ramp to them.

Flipflops doesn't sell out of them as soon as a batch is made because they are slow. If ours had a bad program in it so be it.

The fact remains it shot 29-30, 34-30, 35-30 and no one did anything to it, but install the board in the gun.

Hopefully those of you that play the NPPL will take note of this and double think about the gun you take to the next event, because playing four games that don't mean a damn thing is not the funnest thing we have ever done.
Old 07-19-2004, 10:45 AM #13
<("<)
One Among the Fence

<("<) is a Supporting Member
Quote:
No comment from Flipflops as of yet, but I can tell you that there is not a single master mind on this team that could have changed the programing in that board. The DBounce had been cranked to one of the highest settings to avoid the bouncing issue (Doug our player with the gun in question is the one player on our team that has never had finger speed issue's, so him needing a bouncing/ramping gun is a non-issue, me on the other hand, it could bounce and ramp and as slow as my fingers are, a ref still wouldn't take notice), so I would assume that if we didn't do anything to the board and the dbounce wasn't set anywere near the bottom, the boards just maybe have a little bit of a ramp to them.

Flipflops doesn't sell out of them as soon as a batch is made because they are slow. If ours had a bad program in it so be it.

The fact remains it shot 29-30, 34-30, 35-30 and no one did anything to it, but install the board in the gun.

Hopefully those of you that play the NPPL will take note of this and double think about the gun you take to the next event, because playing four games that don't mean a damn thing is not the funnest thing we have ever done.
But thats my point. We could consider it, but until we have a robot on hand, we will never know if it will pass the test.
Old 07-19-2004, 10:50 AM #14
chopper

But thats my point. We could consider it, but until we have a robot on hand, we will never know if it will pass the test.

Agreed totally, but as of now that is not available.
Old 07-19-2004, 10:50 AM #15
turbulenceBACK
Turbulence Captain

So was it the Tadao chip for the DM4 or the board for the matrix's?

www.poopegifts.com
Play Scrabble Online
Play Bejeweled 2 Online
Old 07-19-2004, 10:55 AM #16
RenegadeLegion4
F8 and be there!-Photomob

RenegadeLegion4 is a Paintball photographer
Quote:
Moral of the story.

We did not set them up to bounce, we did not set them up to cheat. They are built to ramp. This was not a bouncing issue, this was not an intentional cheating issue. Did we cheat yes, Did we know the boards were fast yes (why else would we have them in our guns), Did we know that they ramped, NO. Do we feel we were wronged, NO. We had the board in a gun we took on the field, the gun was put in a robot that had never seen our guns before and it was found to ramp, NOT BOUNCE lets not confuse the two as they are completely different. Should the ref have let us adjust an illegal gun after we just played a game, NO we just played with an illegal gun, this wasn't something that happened at the chrono station BEFORE a game this was an illegal gun that just came off the field.

Was the penalty harsh, Yes, but we knew the penalty before we ever boarded the plan to Huntington three tourneys ago.

If we thought for one moment that one of our guns was illegel, we would never have brought it on the field. Spending this amount of money to play 4 games that didn't count is not what we consider enjoyable.

As far as other teams go, are there other teams out there that have guns that ramp? Are there other teams that are like us and truely think they have a fast gun that is legal? Are there other teams that have guns that they know are illegal? We personally don't care. We are one team out of Chicago that enjoys playing the game, do we care if others get caught? NO, we did we payed the price. Are we going to sit on these boards and cry about it, NO. It happened, we got spanked, on to Vegas.

I truely hope that other teams will pay attention to what happened to us. Please know that just because you think you are the fastest trigger man out there, your gun may not be legal. It was a very expensive leason learned and hopefully, ourselves and our friends at Chop Shop were able to shine some light on what can happen to any of you.
It's nice to see someone who's able to take responsibility for thier actions in this sport. It's $h!tty that you had to miss out on this event but you've earned my respect for being a man about it!

ROBBO
Legion MOB : TIL I DIE Feedback
Old 07-19-2004, 11:05 AM #17
chopper

Its the complete board for a Matrix (happened to be an Ironman trix).
Old 07-19-2004, 11:23 AM #18
chopper

RenegadeLegion4, Thanks.
Old 07-19-2004, 11:28 AM #19
ShadyWBZ

Heres the scoop on Chop Shop (Canadian Team).

This is Quoted From Sean Morris(Former Shockwave Canada member) now a huge tournament organizer and big guy role player in the canadian paintball community....

QUOTE FROM SEAN MORRIS AKA OPPA:

"
This is the way it happened from someonet that was there and involved.

Chop Shop got an Angel sponsorship and received their new flies the nite before they were suppost to play. The air sponsorship did not deliver so they had guns but no air. They were able to get some tanks for their flies but not until hours before they were suppost to start playing.

Everyone knows that in the big leagues there is a fine line between what is legal and what is not, Chop Shop had to set up the guns themselves and they did not have time to test them out. The first shots through the guns was on the playing field. We understood that this was a risk but sponsors expect representation. One of the guns was set wrong and bounced, the ref noticed and the rules say that any team playing with an illegal gun is DQ'd.

That is how it happened. "
Old 07-19-2004, 11:29 AM #20
FlipFlops
what's on your feet?

FlipFlops is a Supporting Member
FlipFlops is a founding member
FlipFlops works for a Paintball manufacturer
Chopper, the 4.0 software does not ramp balls per second. The only way it can shoot more times than you or the robot pulled the trigger is if it bounced.

I would never release cheating software to the end user.
ShootSlow();

President of Tadao Technologies LLC - http://www.tadaotechnologies.com
Old 07-19-2004, 11:34 AM #21
chopper

Hey I didn't mean anything by it FlipFlop, If I am confused sorry. I was told that being locked in the vice it wouldn't bounce. Dougie runs a spring in it and had the dbounce turned up.