JRC Amik
The Captain

JRC Amik plays in the PSP
JRC Amik plays in the APPA D5 division
JRC Amik has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
EFORCE
Quote:
Originally Posted by eforce View Post
Here's why I will never buy any of that stuff again. Keep in mind, this is coming from a guy that got his start in the woods and owned that type of gear before - I'm not just some kid that bashes this stuff for ****s and giggles. The mil-sim category in general is very cool. It's a completely different style of play and the gear looks awesome. However, it's entirely useless the moment you leave the courses designed for it.

I can buy any speedball gun on the market and have competitive firepower/functionality on a scenario course. However, the most expensive, high-end milsim guns would leave me at an enormous disadvantage on anything but a scenario field. It's big, heavy, loud, inefficient, unwieldy, and makes it difficult to snap shoot. One can argue that those clip fed designs shed weight or make it easier to aim. In reality, they severely limit your firepower, make it a pain to load, and provide your setup with one more thing to cause catastrophic failure. If you were taught how to aim, you don't need a fancy sight or offset/clip fed feed system - you can aim very accurately by looking own the side of the barrel.
as the time goes by, more and more manufacturers are getting the idea that milsim markers can be performance. the latest being Planet Eclipse and their body kit for their Etha, effectively taking an entry level speedball marker and putting on rails and a buttstock for a nice milsim feel.
i believe there is also the BT4 which basically has the internals of an Invert Mini, again perfomance for Milsim.
http://planeteclipse.com/site/products/emc_etha_rail_mounting_kit

Yes, mislim markers are bulky....my T68 weighs 12 lbs on its own. my Geo3 with a full hopper of paint weighs 7. BUUUT if you are looking for a certain feel, having a mag fed, or box mag, can be fun and is an interesting alternative. Especially the part where it eliminates a hopper. I can't count how many times i have been caught there.

My first marker was the RAP4-T68, gen6. I regret buying it as my first marker cause at the time i was a super newb.

the best advise i could give is to play with rentals for a while, then get an inexpensive marker and work your way up to something. Find what you like and don't like rather than just jumping in. Even though it was a mistake, I still have and play with it every once in a while, but compared to my Geo3...well, theres no competition.

Last edited by JRC Amik : 09-01-2012 at 11:54 AM. Reason: mispelling corrections, photo issue
JRC Amik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-01-2012, 11:34 AM #44
robot0ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggwhite6 View Post
milsig makes some pretty sweet mag fed guns but there really expensive. lowest priced one is like 600 dollars.
Wrongo. for under $300 you can get the CQB MK2 (Soon to be replaced by the spool valve blow forward MK3)

"Originally posted by Tempted: The length of the barrel."

GoPro Hero 2 for sale
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...705&highlight=
robot0ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:59 AM #45
razer215
Tiberius T8.1 Player

Any suggestion for MOLLE vest for T8.1?
razer215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:30 PM #46
dsultan

look into the condor line opf vests and plate carriers. they're great quality but a little pricey

www.uoarmory.com
dsultan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:36 PM #47
Freedy500

Freedy500 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
RAP4 tac one can perfectly fit ANY role for paintball. With the right modification of pouches on the vest of course.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:24 PM #48
eforce
Factory PB

eforce is a Moderator
 has been a member for 10 years
eforce plays in the PSP
eforce is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedy500 View Post
RAP4 tac one can perfectly fit ANY role for paintball. With the right modification of pouches on the vest of course.
If you're wearing a vest, you're already out of place on a speedball field. While fantastic for rec/scenario play, vests put you at a disadvantage in speedball.
eforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:29 PM #49
Freedy500

sounds like this guy is into woods,rec and milsim. no problem there and I wear a small vest during speedball and i have found I couldnt do with out it.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:05 PM #50
dps093
I like Flexes

dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
dps093 is Boss
dps093 supports Ninja Paintball
dps093 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRC Amik View Post
EFORCE

as the time goes by, more and more manufacturers are getting the idea that milsim markers can be performance. the latest being Planet Eclipse and their body kit for their Etha, effectively taking an entry level speedball marker and putting on rails and a buttstock for a nice milsim feel.
i believe there is also the BT4 which basically has the internals of an Invert Mini, again perfomance for Milsim.
http://planeteclipse.com/site/products/emc_etha_rail_mounting_kit

Yes, mislim markers are bulky....my T68 weighs 12 lbs on its own. my Geo3 with a full hopper of paint weighs 7. BUUUT if you are looking for a certain feel, having a mag fed, or box mag, can be fun and is an interesting alternative. Especially the part where it eliminates a hopper. I can't count how many times i have been caught there.

My first marker was the RAP4-T68, gen6. I regret buying it as my first marker cause at the time i was a super newb.

the best advise i could give is to play with rentals for a while, then get an inexpensive marker and work your way up to something. Find what you like and don't like rather than just jumping in. Even though it was a mistake, I still have and play with it every once in a while, but compared to my Geo3...well, theres no competition.
Yea, the TM7 is the BT gun with mini internals. I agree, start out renting, and then work your way up to a gun. When I started playing back in 2005, I started out with a cheap Jt gun, after 3 years, I bought a Bt-4 Combat. A year later, I made the transition more towards Speedball, so I bought a cheap electronic gun (Spyder Electra) which for the price, was actually pretty nice. A year after that, I bought an upped Etek Ego 1, then the following year and still my current marker, a Planet Eclipse Ego 08. I liked all the guns I purchased, and worked up to them over the years. It's the best way to go
dps093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:32 PM #51
WolfstrikePB

WolfstrikePB has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
WolfstrikePB is attending Decay of Nations VI
Mag-Fed for Life!!!
WolfstrikePB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:48 AM #52
GhostWolf S1

I love mag fed, and have never had one problem. however it fits my play style and is not for everyone. I am not a sprayer, and I hold my own very well against the people on the field throwing ropes of paint my way.
GhostWolf S1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:14 PM #53
Usmc-007

Hi, I just got all geared up. Own a rap4 LE and rap a k47 and I am looking to play mag fed games in the NY area. Any suggestions. Can't wait to play!!
Usmc-007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:05 PM #54
JRC Amik
The Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostWolf S1 View Post
I love mag fed, and have never had one problem. however it fits my play style and is not for everyone. I am not a sprayer, and I hold my own very well against the people on the field throwing ropes of paint my way.
throwing ropes of paint, "accuracy by volume", in rec play is really sad to see. skill will always out do those who play with full auto or spray with a speedball marker.

I have a speedball marker..I dont spray for hits, always double tap for an out. The only time I unload is when someone is spraying at me. They lose that battle cause I can snap spray a burst while they stand there.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:25 PM #55
domin8tr

I rarely chime in on these "debates".
In this case, I can honestly debate on both sides.
My first marker (which I still have in my bag as a "back-up" was an 09 Proto Matrix Rail, with a Dye Rotor (3rd Gen).
Great Gun, shoots ropes.
I still love to pop it off on the field !!

However, again, like the rest of this thread, it's my opinion that shooting 15-20 bps in a woodsball scenario and having 19 of those balls break on leaves, twigs, trees, branches and anything else other than the target, seems like a complete waste.
I was spending well over $100 a day in paint.

Time came to change.

My next gun was an A-5 (which I also still have) upgraded from a response trigger to the H.E. Trigger with the modded internals, squishy paddles, the works.
The A-5 was closer to the Milsim that I was looking for but still had the all-out, spray-paint capability with the 200rd hopper and feed system.
It just wasn't quite there in terms of realism.

This summer I plunged into a RAP4 T68 Splitfire.
The Splitfire option allows me to switch between Mag-Fed and Hopper-Fed.
The gun is everything I expected !!
It's as realsitic as it gets.
I run with 6 Mags and have developed my own quick-reload on-the-fly method.
4 of the mags are set-up as double-mags (with the clamps) and although that's only 40 balls, it's still plenty.
It forces me to set-up my shots and not just randomnly shoot at anything that moves!
Tactics now become more imp[ortant !

I now have serious Milsim realism, the marker is extremely accurate at the ranges I need it to be (can't wait for the D-Mags and what that will do), and, maybe the most important aspect of this entire discussion, I LOVE IT !!

Milsim really is for those who want the closest experience to actual battle that you can find.
Somehow, having access to unlimited firepower doesn't do it for me.
I was never in the military but I would expect that maintenance of your weapon is critical, especially when your life is on the line.
Can't "re-spawn" in war !!

Again, keeping whatever gun I own maintained and shooting it's best is part of the realism.
I throughly enjoy fiddling with the RAP4 and getting it to work in the "sweet-spot" !

I also play CQB Tactical (Toronto, Ontario).
When I do, there are some attack/defend games where I'll pop in the Dye Rotor and fire off on automatic (can't use auto inside the buildings !!).
Having the T68 Splitfire, gives me that option.
I actually carry an Empire 100 rd "mini" loader in my vest so I can switch to hopper-fed in the middle of a game if needed.
So there you go, best of both worlds!!

If you are trying to debate and argue the two, it's totally pointless because each has it's purpose.

Mine has become the Milsim and CQB scenarios.
If this is what you want, I strongly reccomend the T68 (splitfire) and any of the Milsig platforms.
Rap4 is also coming out with their new 468 marker which is even one step up in terms of realism.
I failed to mention my secondary, a Tiberius T8.1 on a drop-down leg holster with extra mags on the opposite leg.
Great First Strike accuracy especially in CQB situations.

Isn't paintball a Great Sport !!!
The more we talk about it the more I want to play !!

See you out there !!

Domin8tr !!!
domin8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:15 PM #56
JRC Amik
The Captain

I totally agree with Domin8er!

I have 4 markers, scenario: rap4-t68 + tippman TPX, Speed: geo3, dp g4.

honestly, its playstyle, and rap4 is the most fun milsim marker because its fully customizable with rails, lights, sights, hopper/mag/box mag, barrels, grips AND they keep making tweaks to get better and better markers out there.

i love scenario and speedball, i cant give up either one.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:53 AM #57
PURIFACTOR

this has turned into a milsim vs speedball debate AGAIN !

the guy only wanted to know whats up with mag fed. I have a mag fed phenom, i like it, its good, accurate (with my dye ul barrel and MRT bolt) and very reliable and tough.

yes its a bit heavy, but its to simulate training. not playing at training and using a speedball gun. two different games really. do speedballers tell pump players that they are using inferior equipment due to low rate of fire and low capacity of paintballs?
no.
low cap ammo and camo vs high ammo and bright jerseys are 2 different breeds of paintball and cant really be compared. its personal preference.

dont be afraid to play meg fed. most fields are geared toward one style of play more than the rest, so just play at a field that is more woodsball/ milsim. find a mag fed player and ask them about the kit, ask to try it.

I am new here but I dont see this kind of sport bashing on MCB. We should not push players to one or the other but just be happy the sport is building faster and better than ever....so much so WE HAVE OPTIONS NOW !!!!
like mag fed markers and speedball and pump, and blowguns and bows and grenades etc. was not long ago everyone played woodsball only, and with only pumps.
PURIFACTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:25 PM #58
Christian P
UWL and Scenario

Christian P is playing at Living Legends VI
Christian P is playing at Living Legends VII
 is playing at Living Legends XI
Christian P is attending Decay of Nations VII
I played a Tiberus pistol and liked the accuracy, hated the fact there wasn't a click or a ping to let me know I was out.

Easy to reload and it's was easy to pocket the clips. I had to only shoot shots I could make and no far shots.

Good if EVERYONE limits thir hopper.
Christian P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 03:00 PM #59
JRC Amik
The Captain

definately picking your shots is a must.

not only does it save on paint, but you get better at playing. definately a plus to mag fed.

VPL - RK Imposters
Old 08-29-2013, 03:12 PM #60
Freedy500

Can we let the thread die? It's almost a year old