Old 04-18-2009, 04:43 AM #1157
unban_P0T_H3@D_now

7-10

im new to photoshop so some ideas on what i could do would be appreaited
Old 04-18-2009, 12:20 PM #1158
r_racer11
The mad santa hatter

has been a member for 10 years
Considering you are new to photoshop id say you did an amazing job with this picture, most people absolutely butcher a picture with filters. Id say you found a very nice mix between a subtle filter and color masking. The only suggestions i would make would be to add some text or something to take up the open space on the top and clean up the edges of the bunker a bit where that black line is. Masking out the filter on the players lense could also be a nice idea and add some more contrast to the picture.

Overall and considering your new id give this an 8/10 just remember that filters dont always make a good picture so for keeping it subtle.

edit: lemme find a picture to post
edit 2:
My web teacher signed me up for this doodle for google contest, the entry had to look somewhat drawn and had to depict something about the enviorment
"Originally posted by SmArT-SpOrKs: Jesus Tapdancing christ this thread is a cluster**** on both sides. Its like the civil war, but replace muskets with pool noodles and everyone has a wicked sunburn."

ST PHOTOBUCKET
_-_ST:GDT 10,000 posts and counting

c4designs.org

Last edited by r_racer11 : 04-18-2009 at 01:41 PM.
Old 04-18-2009, 05:00 PM #1159
Stencil
p4f

7/10. Does look slightly like it has been drawn by hand. However, it isn't really that striking.

random doodling
Old 04-19-2009, 01:17 PM #1160
knuckhead09
MJMfX.com Designer

knuckhead09 is a Supporting Member
5/10, kinda cool idea but like you said it's just random doodling.

Old 04-19-2009, 11:39 PM #1161
OhIoCoNtRActKilLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by knuckhead09 View Post
5/10, kinda cool idea but like you said it's just random doodling.

9/10

I had to make a sign for this coffee shop. I told them I'd do it for free, obviously, because I am terrible at things like this. But suggestions are always appreciated.

Old 04-20-2009, 02:55 AM #1162
dairoll
RoyaleW/Cheezburgr

dairoll posts videos on PbNation
6.9420/10.
I like the background.
I don't like the main black font, it's spacing, or the size ratio.
I don't like the 3.29, twice. I think it would be simpler to list it only once, or maybe include a line clarifying that everything is 3.29
The sillyer font for the listings is good.
Also, if you're going to include a seperator like that, I don't suggest the block of white, maybe something that fits into the background more. smoothly. and $59? there's no clarification on that either.

Meant to be helpful criticism. The overall composure is decent, but imho that's the stuff I would have done differently.

I vectorized some oakley frogskins, delogoed them, etc.

Caturday

...The CLC
Old Feedback 11+/0-
Old 04-20-2009, 08:54 AM #1163
Benjammin822
burp

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_racer11 View Post
Considering you are new to photoshop id say you did an amazing job with this picture, most people absolutely butcher a picture with filters. Id say you found a very nice mix between a subtle filter and color masking. The only suggestions i would make would be to add some text or something to take up the open space on the top and clean up the edges of the bunker a bit where that black line is. Masking out the filter on the players lense could also be a nice idea and add some more contrast to the picture.

Overall and considering your new id give this an 8/10 just remember that filters dont always make a good picture so for keeping it subtle.

edit 2:
My web teacher signed me up for this doodle for google contest, the entry had to look somewhat drawn and had to depict something about the enviorment
I know I'm going completely out of order here, but that's fantastic design right there. Bravo to you sir, it's some of the best work in the thread IMO.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:20 PM #1164
TTB
Computer Controlled

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_racer11 View Post

edit 2:
Mad awesome. 10/10.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:47 PM #1165
unban_P0T_H3@D_now

Quote:
Originally Posted by dairoll View Post
6.9420/10.
I like the background.
I don't like the main black font, it's spacing, or the size ratio.
I don't like the 3.29, twice. I think it would be simpler to list it only once, or maybe include a line clarifying that everything is 3.29
The sillyer font for the listings is good.
Also, if you're going to include a seperator like that, I don't suggest the block of white, maybe something that fits into the background more. smoothly. and $59? there's no clarification on that either.

Meant to be helpful criticism. The overall composure is decent, but imho that's the stuff I would have done differently.

I vectorized some oakley frogskins, delogoed them, etc.

6.5/10
very well done wtih shadows and such but very basic

im new to photoshop so keep that in mind when rateing and please, tips are appreaited
Old 04-20-2009, 03:12 PM #1166
Benjammin822
burp

Not really aesthetically appealing at all, rather plain. And tips? I guess don't shop like that...
Old 04-21-2009, 05:55 AM #1167
unban_P0T_H3@D_now

now how about we let someone who has another picture to post come here and rate it so we can then rate there work. oh and btw thanks for being an *** hole, i know i suck, thats why i want pointers
Old 04-21-2009, 09:09 AM #1168
Benjammin822
burp

Quote:
Originally Posted by unban_P0T_H3@D_now View Post
now how about we let someone who has another picture to post come here and rate it so we can then rate there work. oh and btw thanks for being an *** hole, i know i suck, thats why i want pointers
Old 04-21-2009, 09:24 AM #1169
Sully. (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjammin822 View Post

Everything is filters and some saturation/contrast, easy work.
Old 04-21-2009, 03:56 PM #1170
r_racer11
The mad santa hatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by unban_P0T_H3@D_now View Post
6.5/10
very well done wtih shadows and such but very basic

im new to photoshop so keep that in mind when rateing and please, tips are appreaited
OK first of all im going to give you some props on the cutout of the player, done very cleanly for a beginner. Now 2 things that are always over done with newcommers to photoshop is hue, saturation, contrast, ect... and filters. I honestly cant tell wether you used some kind of filter or you just cranked up the hue and contrast all the way up. Either way you kinda butchered the background, keep those things to a minimum and thats when your work starts to improve.

Sully: Ive always liked your work, that would make an amazing desktop wallpaper only two suggestions i would make would be to maybe have the text block perfectly vertical rather than slanted and remove the white shillouette of the players mask; it really takes away from the nice negative space you had going with the player. 8.5/10

Heres something i made today, its a rough draft for a logo for a record company.

"Originally posted by SmArT-SpOrKs: Jesus Tapdancing christ this thread is a cluster**** on both sides. Its like the civil war, but replace muskets with pool noodles and everyone has a wicked sunburn."

ST PHOTOBUCKET

c4designs.org
Old 04-21-2009, 04:25 PM #1171
Jonezed7
Bleed Blue & White

Jonezed7 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Jonezed7 is Legendary
Jonezed7 is Boss
Jonezed7 is Immortal
The top left one is my favorite if you matched the text maybe. I can't decide unless I saw it. The top right is nice too but maybe thin the stroke around the flames a few pixels.

My other suggestion is clean up the record. Knowing you, you probably made it yourself and they look kind of sketchy.

8/10

Some stupid banner I made for someone. I have made anything in awhile but wanted to comment on that.

Last edited by Jonezed7 : 04-21-2009 at 07:02 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 03:11 PM #1172
TheyCallMePinky
Ya I wear pink, got beef?

TheyCallMePinky plays in the USPL
 plays in the NXL 2
TheyCallMePinky is Legendary
9/10 i dont get what its for

Old 04-22-2009, 08:10 PM #1173
Sully. (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyCallMePinky View Post
9/10 i dont get what its for

What the hell is this? I'd give you a 1, but ill be nice and give you a 2 for the pink JT's.

Old 04-22-2009, 09:45 PM #1174
r_racer11
The mad santa hatter

Kinda harsh dont you think? I guess its somewhat in order though, i dont know when people are going to learn that theres really no skill in using 2 filters and doing a simple cropping.

7/10 for yours, the hue and color scheme is on target but your text choice really throws out the balance, id suggest a different font.

Something we had to do for graphics class....we had to modify the interior of a house.

heres my version:

Heres the original:
http://www.softpicks.net/screenshots...creensaver.jpg

ST PHOTOBUCKET

c4designs.org

Last edited by r_racer11 : 04-22-2009 at 10:00 PM.
Old 04-23-2009, 01:20 PM #1175
Sully. (Banned)

Yeah everything i do is by request besides the one im about to post which was for a graphics project. He picked the fonts and pretty much everything. Id give myself a 6 lol. I haven't really given you a in depth review on any of your work yet so as mine as well.

I have always thought your work is extremely professional. Pening each figure in the room and masking the color takes time. You kept it simple, and didn't alter the original composition much, besides giving it an almost aquarium feel. The floor is cool. Im trying to figure out what you did to it, but so far, my best guess is plastic wrap filter? Either way it gave it a water feel and looks good. The fish is by far what makes the piece for me, due to the fact it gave it some flair and went well with the water floor. If the fish wasn't there, i probably wouldn't have really noticed it as water and more like you just altered some colors around. Interesting to see how such small details bring a piece together. Due to the fact that i have nothing to critique you get 9.5, i decided to take .5 off due to the fact i wasn't amazed, just intrigued.

This is one of my Sophmore Computer Apps projects. I don't do anything in that class besides steal photoshop discs and do it at home lol. We had to pick a photo of a person in the woods and needed to give it a grudge/horror movie feel. This took me like an hour, due to the fact that i had to mix 9ish different textures and overlay them. Rest is filters, contrast, burning and the black and white tool in Cs3. An no this is not me. Got the pic of Pbscene. Critiques are appreciated, because our project of the month contest is up next week and i need to win the free 100 to pass the class lol.

Before.

After.

Last edited by Sully. : 04-23-2009 at 01:24 PM.
Old 04-23-2009, 01:50 PM #1176
knuckhead09
MJMfX.com Designer

knuckhead09 is a Supporting Member
2/10

Work in progress:

That will be a jQuery animated slideshow.