Community Focus

Old 05-29-2012, 08:40 PM #1
SquareDorito
What would Scooby Doo?

SquareDorito plays in the PSP
SquareDorito is playing at Living Legends III
SquareDorito owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
SquareDorito supports Team VICIOUS
So I have a broken Tadao OLED, can't even get it repaired, what can I do with it?

Pretty disappointed in Tadao's inability to help me my broken OLED board because I'm not the original owner. I am now stuck with a Tadao OLED for my DM with a non functional screen. The board doesn't have any led lights that flash so I can at least use it without the screen. What can I do with it now? I think I'll be sticking with Virtue after this.
Old 06-01-2012, 03:58 PM #2
FallNAngel
Vicious Circles

FallNAngel is a Mega Moderator
FallNAngel is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VI
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VII
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VIII
I know Tadao Droid boards had a removable screen; does the DM board? If so, have you asked if you could just buy the screen?
If you want to set off and go develop some grand new thing, you don't need millions of dollars of capitalization. You need enough pizza and Diet Coke to stick in your refrigerator, a cheap PC to work on, and the dedication to go through with it. We slept on floors. We waded across rivers. -John Carmack
FallNAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:03 AM #3
Motorpuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallNAngel View Post
I know Tadao Droid boards had a removable screen; does the DM board? If so, have you asked if you could just buy the screen?
The problem is a little bit more complex than that. They aren't any OLED replacements available. Guess that TADAO had a bad choice in OLEDs for the Yakuza Boards. People that have proof of purchase can get their Board swap by a new one, people that buy in second hand or by other way and have no proof of purchase, cannot.
Motorpuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 05:55 PM #4
SquareDorito
What would Scooby Doo?

Yup, so nowI'm screwed out of a board. I don't know what I can do with it. I can't sell a broken board, nor can I use it. I don't know of anyone else that can fix this either.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:42 PM #5
Motorpuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquareDorito View Post
Yup, so nowI'm screwed out of a board. I don't know what I can do with it. I can't sell a broken board, nor can I use it. I don't know of anyone else that can fix this either.
Welcome to the club!
Motorpuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:00 PM #6
SquareDorito
What would Scooby Doo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorpuma View Post
Welcome to the club!
Oh nice! I'm not the only one, makes me feel a bit better. I love Virtue, I would never have to deal with that problem with them. I just emailed them because my PM8 eyes broke, I asked if they could give me wired in exchange, they said yes and I'm getting my board flashed. Virtue has always given me perfect customer service. I think I'm going to Virtue every gun I ever have.
Old 06-07-2012, 03:28 PM #7
Nobody609

Nobody609 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
i do not recommend this, but you could buy a new board, swap it out under "warranty" and then exchange the replacement with where you bought it from.

or, find someone that bought the board new with proof of purchase and use that proof with your board to get warranty done. it would suck for the person swapping, if you used his warranty and they didn't honor his broken board.

this isn't the best solution, but they are options.
Nobody609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:57 AM #8
Fnieto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobody609 View Post
i do not recommend this, but you could buy a new board, swap it out under "warranty" and then exchange the replacement with where you bought it from.

or, find someone that bought the board new with proof of purchase and use that proof with your board to get warranty done. it would suck for the person swapping, if you used his warranty and they didn't honor his broken board.

this isn't the best solution, but they are options.
Niceeee
Old 11-25-2012, 08:11 AM #9
Manu#12
B-Eastside

Manu#12 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Manu#12 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I recently sold a RL marq with a yakuza ; buyer just pm'd that the screen is also dark , not broken, board is working, but no display.

Have you worked it out ?
Manu#12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:20 AM #10
Manu#12
B-Eastside

updating : buyer wanted nothing but the same board, so as no one really wants to deal with after sale service in Europe, and as it would cost maybe $80 to have the screen fixed and shipped in the US, I have just ordered for him another tadao , that makes now $400 spent into tadaos for this gun only , I think that's insane, especially as I am not affirmative there is a full point to that story ( well , if screen fails again, we will have a paper with it this time )
Old 12-06-2012, 01:31 PM #11
2pipes
Legend in my own MIND

2pipes owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
2pipes supports Team VICIOUS
2pipes has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
2pipes supports DLX Technology
My Vice board has a removable OLED and I bought A replacement. Simple. If yours doesn't have the removable then that certainly sucks
Ronnie Dixon fan club #30
2pipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:06 AM #12
SKI008

plays in the NXL
The Marq boards have removable screens and irrc Tadao had sourced a new supplier for screens so if you have one of the removable screen boards you can just swap the screens (new screens are $30 from Tadao if memory serves).

DM boards unfortunately don't have swappable screens so you're basically stuck. That sucks Tadao won't repair it even for a fee. You could use your computer to change settings so the gun is at least usable until you get another board
Old 01-01-2013, 08:42 PM #13
surw1n007
That's a double G!!

surw1n007 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
surw1n007 supports Team VICIOUS
surw1n007 is for the Gunfight
surw1n007 supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquareDorito View Post
Oh nice! I'm not the only one, makes me feel a bit better. I love Virtue, I would never have to deal with that problem with them. I just emailed them because my PM8 eyes broke, I asked if they could give me wired in exchange, they said yes and I'm getting my board flashed. Virtue has always given me perfect customer service. I think I'm going to Virtue every gun I ever have.
I feel your pain bro...Tadao sucks..they told me I have to buy a new OLED board...my IM9, which I bought second hand, came with the tadao board and all of a sudden the screen goes blank. I'm passing this knowledge to all my paintball buddies...Virtue for life.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:13 AM #14
R-M-I
Angry Norwegian

Annual Supporting Member
I would NEVER have thought this about Tadao..they've always been excellent when I've dealt with them.. Saddens me to hear that they refuse to help out when the issue is clearly caused by a bad batch of screens (Why else would they change from 1 type of screen to another suddenly)?

I've had a screen-connector go out on me on my Cocker Yakuza board, but I just soldered in some pin-headers into it and stuck it back on.. TINY solderjoints and a steady hand and it's fully doable.. However I'm not sure how it is on DM, Ego +++ boards. I wouldn't throw it away just because the screen went out. I'm SURE it's fixable somehow.
I'd buy it off of you if I had a need for it But as I sold my DM, I don't think I'll be needing one anytime soon.

EDIT: Should still be able to get it repaired as a "Non-Warranty repair" for 30$.
http://tadaotechnologies.com/product...?idCategory=12

As far as Tadao-screens go:
They use common oled screens made by a company called "RiT displays" or RITEK.
It's a Taiwaneese company I think, should be able to find replacements there

Also, if you see this thread Will @ Tadao:
Don't be mad at me for telling people And, you really should be helping people out even if it is a no -warranty repair.. 30-50$ is decent for a screen repair/replacement.. Especially when they break due to production-flaws...

MiniHalfblockMQ-cocker | Warped Sportz Dark Ego 6 |Freeflow MQ project cocker

Splat.no(translated via google-translate) -> http://translate.google.com/translat...3796&act=u rl

I <3 MQ-valves!

Last edited by R-M-I : 01-18-2013 at 04:12 AM.
R-M-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:55 PM #15
kostis11

kostis11 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
kostis11 is attending Decay of Nations VII
kostis11 supports DLX Technology
i have just bought a used yakuza, didnt have the chance to install it yet. maybe i should try to sell it now that still works?
Old 01-26-2013, 07:05 PM #16
SquareDorito
What would Scooby Doo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-M-I View Post
I would NEVER have thought this about Tadao..they've always been excellent when I've dealt with them.. Saddens me to hear that they refuse to help out when the issue is clearly caused by a bad batch of screens (Why else would they change from 1 type of screen to another suddenly)?

I've had a screen-connector go out on me on my Cocker Yakuza board, but I just soldered in some pin-headers into it and stuck it back on.. TINY solderjoints and a steady hand and it's fully doable.. However I'm not sure how it is on DM, Ego +++ boards. I wouldn't throw it away just because the screen went out. I'm SURE it's fixable somehow.
I'd buy it off of you if I had a need for it But as I sold my DM, I don't think I'll be needing one anytime soon.

EDIT: Should still be able to get it repaired as a "Non-Warranty repair" for 30$.
http://tadaotechnologies.com/product...?idCategory=12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostis11 View Post
i have just bought a used yakuza, didnt have the chance to install it yet. maybe i should try to sell it now that still works?
Honestly, I would. I will never buy another Tadao product personally. Virtue has been very good to me

As far as Tadao-screens go:
They use common oled screens made by a company called "RiT displays" or RITEK.
It's a Taiwaneese company I think, should be able to find replacements there

Also, if you see this thread Will @ Tadao:
Don't be mad at me for telling people And, you really should be helping people out even if it is a no -warranty repair.. 30-50$ is decent for a screen repair/replacement.. Especially when they break due to production-flaws...
Their website says that non warranty repairs don't count for OLED boards. The just said that since I wasn't the original owner there was nothing they could do.

Last edited by SquareDorito : 01-26-2013 at 07:16 PM.
SquareDorito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:03 AM #17
Manu#12
B-Eastside

Updating the amount of money spent on tadao boards for one only marq : $400 for 2 oled , + cost of stock tadao board inside when I bought the gun , + a new screen because I don't want to have a useless board in the closet, that makes more than $500. That's insane !

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostis11 View Post
I would sell it as they keep dying one after the other. Are you sure it works ?

Last edited by Manu#12 : 01-27-2013 at 01:15 AM.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:29 PM #18
SquareDorito
What would Scooby Doo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu#12 View Post
Updating the amount of money spent on tadao boards for one only marq : $400 for 2 oled , + cost of stock tadao board inside when I bought the gun , + a new screen because I don't want to have a useless board in the closet, that makes more than $500. That's insane !

That's ridic. I never solved the problem, I'm pretty much taking the loss on it. I have another Tadao LED board that I'm just using because no choice. If not I'd be going with a Virtue board. This problem has made me really appreciate Virtue's warranty and customer service. It sucks they can't stand behind their product. There was a reason they changed to the replaceable screens. I realized that the whole ribbon was being held together by like tape. Seriously?
Old 01-27-2013, 09:33 PM #19
BobbyDanger
Hold my beer watch this

BobbyDanger owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
BobbyDanger supports DLX Technology
The board market is not so one sided anymore. If Tadao put a bad taste in your mouth there are so many other options. 7th Element, APE, Virtue ect. Look into the 7th Element boards, they are a great company.
BobbyDanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:53 PM #20
SquareDorito
What would Scooby Doo?

I haven't tried other companies. I'm personally a fan of Virtue's OLED displays
Old 01-28-2013, 05:08 AM #21
kostis11

kostis11 is attending Decay of Nations VII
kostis11 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu#12 View Post
honestly i have put a battery on to switch it on but i havent installed it to my marker yet