Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 09-02-2008, 12:24 AM #1
D-Townballa
Don't feed The Trolls

has been a member for 10 years
Paintball Clinic

I know many universities put on clinics for sports like football, lacrosse and baseball. my question is do you guys think that if a legitimate group (i.e. a real paintball team) came out and taught people how to play and improve their game for like a weekend or something like that that people would actually come?
JOY DIVISON FAN #534
TIRED OF BALLS FALLING OUT OF YOUR SPEEDFEED? TRY THIS OUT!!
D-Townballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-02-2008, 01:10 AM #2
jtguy2269

its been done at Atomix before they closed. They had a few players from dynasty show up. Great turn out
jtguy2269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 01:27 AM #3
arcaneuofm

I'm sure there would be a healthy turnout if someone reputable blew into town for a weekend.
arcaneuofm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 06:09 AM #4
droachmega

droachmega plays in the APPA beginner division
Avalanche put on a clinic this past weekend at hells survivors in pinckney.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:52 AM #5
justavillain
I've got nothing

justavillain is a Supporting Member
justavillain is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
justavillain is a top reviewer
TCP Machine did a few over the winter.

Sgt USMC infantry
Firefighter/emt basic
justavillain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 04:08 PM #6
stoopid/phishers!
GuNRu

stoopid/phishers! plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
stoopid/phishers! plays in the APPA D4 division
stoopid/phishers! supports Shocker RSX
what do you need players form outta town for??

You got your very own SEMI-PRO NPPL team right here in MI...and you can come out on most Sundays and get some great practice against and it doesn't cost you any extra

and also...I'm sure if you really wanted Rick and Machine to come to your field and give a clinic, I would suggest askin him

SOMICH

Last edited by stoopid/phishers! : 09-02-2008 at 04:26 PM.
stoopid/phishers! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 06:22 PM #7
D-Townballa
Don't feed The Trolls

thanks for all the responses,
my dad works for the u of m housing division and thinks that he could set this up in a conference type event where people could either live on campus in residence halls or drive to the campus in the mornings then stay all day. I think if we could work around some event or pay for a team to come to the area just for the clinic lots of people would show up if only for the chance to meet professional players.
In response to you stoopid, no offense but i think that for a large scale event to be sponsored by either a field or university they have to make some money or they wont do it. and a pro team while costing more would most likely bring in more people. i mean i would go to almost any paintball clinic but some people who are more experienced, may want to learn from the pros instead of semi pro teams because they feel that their skills would be much closer to those of a semi pro team than a pro team.
JOY DIVISON FAN #534
TIRED OF BALLS FALLING OUT OF YOUR SPEEDFEED? TRY THIS OUT!!
D-Townballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 06:11 AM #8
stoopid/phishers!
GuNRu

stoopid/phishers! plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
stoopid/phishers! plays in the APPA D4 division
stoopid/phishers! supports Shocker RSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Townballa View Post
...In response to you stoopid, no offense but i think that for a large scale event to be sponsored by either a field or university they have to make some money or they wont do it. and a pro team while costing more would most likely bring in more people. i mean i would go to almost any paintball clinic but some people who are more experienced, may want to learn from the pros instead of semi pro teams because they feel that their skills would be much closer to those of a semi pro team than a pro team.
no offense taken...and while I completly see your point, I think your overlooking what your local SEMI-PRO NPPL team(TCP MACHINE) has to offer...most of those guys have been playing together for years, and some of them have even broken into the pro ranks, even if it was a hired gun situation or not...and as far as skill level goes, I don't see many local teams or teams from out of town teaching them any lessons when they visit/scrimmage.

Now as far as bringin a PRO team to put on a clinic, I agree that a Pro team would bring a bigger draw/crowd...but I'll keep my weekend practices against my SEMI-PRO team here and all I have to pay is to play that day, their already here and there always ready to lend some advice, whether it's Gabe answering snake questions, or Rick helping you out with playing MID...those guys are always willing to help you get better @ no cost!!!

in ending all I will say is this... M-E-T-A-L!!!