Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-30-2003, 11:30 PM #1
ryan311
I love Planet Eclipse.

has been a member for 10 years
Rechargeable batteries question

Hello,

Well I've been looking around for rechargeable 9v's and a charger and all of this stuff is confusing the hell outta me I was looking around e-bay and came across this charger + 4 9v batteries http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...y=50 622&rd=1 Is this any good? If not, whats a good brand of rechargeable batteries and charger to get?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-31-2003, 12:09 AM #2
crazyj23
RTFM

it's probably not the "ideal" choice...it looks like it barely has room for a transformer let alone any "smart" charging circuitry, which is the "ideal" approach to get optimum battery life and the most out of the batteries
Old 12-31-2003, 12:18 AM #3
FallNAngel
Vicious Circles

FallNAngel is a Mega Moderator
FallNAngel is a Supporting Member
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VI
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VII
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VIII
Good lord
Quote:

100-120mAh; 8-10 hours
150-180mAh; 12-14 hours
200-230mAh; 18-20 hours
and I thought my charger that charged 200mah in 9hrs was a long time.

This is the one I have:
http://www.thomas-distributing.com/ap-accupower20.htm
If you want to set off and go develop some grand new thing, you don't need millions of dollars of capitalization. You need enough pizza and Diet Coke to stick in your refrigerator, a cheap PC to work on, and the dedication to go through with it. We slept on floors. We waded across rivers. -John Carmack
Old 12-31-2003, 08:57 AM #4
ryan311
I love Planet Eclipse.

Eeeek, that's a lil expensive, but I know it's worth it. I really don't want a charger with different battery slots, just 9v slots. Any reccomendations? What kinda rechargeable batteries do you reccomend with it?
Old 12-31-2003, 08:59 AM #5
ryan311
I love Planet Eclipse.

Oh yeah, I'm confused about something. Can you use any nimh rechargeable batteries with any nimh charger? Or does it matter (Same brand charger with same brand batteries) ?
Old 12-31-2003, 09:37 AM #6
gmoney71

gmoney71 is a Supporting Member
I think you will be disappointed with your purchase. You can learn from my mistake. I bought an Energizer charger + 9v batteries. I was very disappointed with their performance. The charge lasted about 1/3 that of a good alkaline. Also, the charger took so long to charge that I would have to leave them over night for the next. Now if you want to do it right - Maha Batteries and charger. The charge will last just as, if not longer than an alkaline. They are a true 9.6v battery - This means in an Egg that has 2 it will run a bit faster. They work fine in an E-blade. However, not all guns can handle a 9.6v battery - AKA Excal for one (WAS board) - makes LED blink RED instead of green. The gun will work fine but the long-term use is not known as I quit using them in my Excal. For an E-bladed Cocker w/ an Egg I guarantee you will love you Maha batteries. If you play as much as I do (or forget to turn off your E-blade) they are an investment.
Old 12-31-2003, 10:22 AM #7
OwNaGe
Player Hater

where do you get thid maha battery setup at and how much is it?

"Originally posted by 818: if they named the phone fryed chicken the ******s would be all over it"

-Status-
Old 12-31-2003, 10:55 AM #8
gmoney71

gmoney71 is a Supporting Member
I BOUGHT MINE FROM THE SITE REFERRED FROM THEIR HOME PAGE: http://www.mahaenergy.com/store/products_paint.asp
Old 12-31-2003, 10:57 AM #9
ryan311
I love Planet Eclipse.

god damn... i would love to get maha batteries but there charger is pure overkill... i certainly do not need 10 9v slots... i wish they would make a smaller one.
Old 12-31-2003, 11:01 AM #10
DcSkater602

i cant help u with any of this....

but i know that JAVA makes a 9.6 volt rechargable set of batteries that u can buy from ur local pball store

they work in eblades nicely
Old 12-31-2003, 11:09 AM #11
OwNaGe
Player Hater

Nice icon

"Originally posted by 818: if they named the phone fryed chicken the ******s would be all over it"

-Status-
Old 12-31-2003, 02:09 PM #12
Bimmer323is

Quote:
Originally posted by ryan311
god damn... i would love to get maha batteries but there charger is pure overkill... i certainly do not need 10 9v slots... i wish they would make a smaller one.
I agree, the maha 10 9v charger is an over kill. i don't even have five rechargables muchless 10. That charger however, can specifically charge up to 9.6v, most 9v chargers can not. I know my Radio Shack 425 charger can not so it can't fully charge a 9.6v.

I wish they'd make a smaller version of that. Does anyone know of a similar product? Remmeber. most 9v chargers can not charge up to 9.6v, they are made to charge the lower voltage rechargables.
Old 12-31-2003, 02:26 PM #13
Dank
The Webb-master

Dank is a Supporting Member
about the java 9.6v's that they put in spyders:

I would like to know how well they work. I have done a search but i havent found out much about them. I specifically would like to know about the charger. Any input would be great.
I also think that maha charger is overkill, unless you have a whole team running eblades and they all put in for it...

[ East Coast Army ]

NeX
Old 12-31-2003, 05:32 PM #14
MVPaintballer
Mega Flagellator

MVPaintballer is a Moderator
MVPaintballer is a Supporting Member
MVPaintballer donated to help Peyton Trent
MVPaintballer supports Bob Gurnsey
http://www.thomas-distributing.com/ip_9V_260.htm

^^ Damn
Now I need to find a good charger.

I bought 3 x 8.6v 150mAh and a charger that takes 7 hours to charge them... now I need a good charger.