Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 01-12-2011, 02:31 PM #1
Lazarusrat

Lazarusrat owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Lazarusrat supports Ninja Paintball
2011 Scenario Game Hit List

DMS (the guys down in CO) have put out their 2001 game listing..

The Battle for the Bride
May 14 and 15, 2011

TBD
July 23 and 24, 2011

The Return of the Ghostbusters
September 17 and 18, 2011

I can only make the Summer game this year and will be going to that one for sure.

It looks like they are using the same field that they have been, which is seriously huge ( I mean it, its really big) but it has enough cover that long balling isn't the norm. Expect between 130-200 players, two tanks, $65 entry fee, paint at $65 per case, 4500 fills included. I expect all the normal teams will be there including Blitz's A and B team speedball teams as well.

As always if you guys want to come with you are more than welcome. Game plan is the same as always; I'll leave Casper that Friday @ noon, play all day Sat, a part of the night game that night, play all day Sunday, stick around for the awards and "free stuff" Sunday afternoon and then roll for home which puts me back in Casper about 8:00 or Sunday.

If you guys do come with me, don't go crazy buying an A-5 and camo just for this, stick to your normal gear. In the past there has usually been a three way split of people at these games: 1/3 are new players packing stack tubes and 98s, 1/3 are milsimers with A-5s and LBEs, and the final 1/3 pack mid-high ends, pod packs, and actually can play.

No word yet on Aliens in the Rockies (the big UT game)... Usually it hits on the 17th and 18th of Sept but last year it was on the 24th? If its on the 24th again I'll try and go to that one (never been to any of the UT games).
Lazarusrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-13-2011, 01:21 PM #2
BigDaddyT75
Biased Aliens be suckin!

BigDaddyT75 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
BigDaddyT75 supports our troops
BigDaddyT75 supports DLX Technology
BigDaddyT75 supports Ninja Paintball
Definately interested Shawn. I will start spreading the word a bit too. I would like to try and hit the one you go to just to be there with someone who has experience with the "Big Games" format. I promised I would try to go to one so I will try it. Sounds cool.

Luxe 2.0 Dust Teal/Gloss Black
Geo 3.5 Midnight/Lime
GI Victus Olive/Khaki
Alias Timmay! Gloss Black/Gloss Red
BigDaddyT75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 04:13 PM #3
Lazarusrat

Sounds good, trust me you’ll have a great time Trent but expect to be seriously worn out by Sunday afternoon. Every game I’ve gone to has beat me down and not to brag or anything I’m in better than average shape.
DMS basically plays by the GRSP (Here’s a link http://www.scenariopaintball.com/rules/GSRPv302.htm). If you read over the rules in the link you will be fine. The only real exceptions are DMS restricts the tanks to roads and has 20ft dead space around them because of insurance which means that when a tank comes you just move far enough off the road for the tank not to be an issue (Fledgling used to let the tanks chase people and you had to stand your ground against them or get run down which was a lot more fun but it is what it is) and you can only use a pre-approved anti-tank weapon (which is ok because neither one of us has one).
Chrono is 280 in the day 250 at night. You chrono before the game starts, before the night game, and before the game starts up again Sunday and they’ll will punch your card each time. Usually they’ll do random recheck as you re-enter the field when you’re getting paint and air.
Normally I carry 4 pods worth of paint on the field (when we are playing the South side I’ll bring a bag of 250 in a pack along with some water and reload in the dead box as the walk is seriously a long Mofo). The final battle I’ll carry all the paint I have left. I’ll shoot anywhere between 2-3 cases.
DMS doesn’t like to reserve roles for the bigger teams which is good news if you want to try playing a scenario role. The only role I like to play is medic but it’s a lot of extra running and people always have a nasty habit of getting hit in the wide open. I’ll shoot more paint just being a grunt compared to a medic but I always live longer as grunt as well.

Speaking of Medics… Head shots are outs but a medic can bring you back IF you’re not head shot, Don’t move, and he can get to you within 30 seconds. The hardest part is remembering to call for a Medic instead of calling yourself out like we are used to. If you call yourself you are out.
If you have any questions let me know… Too bad summer is a long way away.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:09 AM #4
FC_Bryan
Bolt With Team Nemesis

Hey guys I am a Landman and have been up here in Wyoming for almost a year now.. till yesterday I did not think anyone in Wyoming even played paintball..lol I will be attending all the DMS games this year as I have for the past 2 years. These guys put on a awesome game that is refreshing and different. I used to be part of Team Nemisis but I had to leave them since they wanted to clean up lakes and do other community acts other than play paintball... Anyways I would love to play with you guys sometime I have all my speedball gear and my Scenario gear (basically a x-mag which I do use in speedball often too). But worst case maybe we coulod meet up at the DMS games since as of now I will be camping solo..lol
FC_Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 09:11 AM #5
FC_Bryan
Bolt With Team Nemesis

Oh and a word of advice for these all weekend games... Get some GoldBond powder and use the hell out off it since there are no showers..lol

I am also excited since this year I will be running my HD helmet cam at all the games!!
Old 02-10-2011, 12:12 PM #6
Lazarusrat

Welcome to WY, FC.

There's a few us who play in WY, most the crowd here plays speed (which is all good as I play speed as well), I'm the only other scenario player so far but this year it sounds like Trent, Tim, and may-be a few others (like Billy if his vag stops bleeding) say they will try it as well. The rec/woods crowd, as far as I can tell, is non-existent or just play by themselves. There used to be a few games posted on Spec-ops Brigade but those were few and far between.

As of right now there isn't a scenario team in WY that I know of, so I've been playing scenario solo or I've linked up with Black Light. I've been playing scenario since Border War 4 back in '05 and usually try and hit at least one scenario game per year.

Look forward to seeing you around either at Tim's place in Douglas, here in Casper (once the weather warms up), or at Dead-Eye. You can't miss me as I'll be the only guy in the Multicam pants shooting a green shocker, come up and say hi.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:52 PM #7
BigDaddyT75
Biased Aliens be suckin!

There are way more people playing woodsball here in Casper than we will ever know. It is near impossible to get them all in one place at one time. Me and my woodsball buddies have run into groups of 10-15 people multiple times. The issue is talking them into joining you. Most times I think they are just comfortable playing in their littl comfort zone and intimidated by outside players. Or don't want any drama. Whos knows. Hell, that is where I started and I love woodsball. The problem is, all my buddies that still play don't like it all that much so it is hard to get them out. I still know a bunch of people that are into it thoughh so it wouldn't take much to get something going. We have a few spots that are fun to play in. One Muddy mtn. and one out off Poison Spider that I haven't been to but my buddy Brandon says it is great.

Geo 3.5 Midnight/Lime
GI Victus Olive/Khaki
Old 02-10-2011, 03:51 PM #8
FC_Bryan
Bolt With Team Nemesis

I am Down for a game of any kind...I really need to drop this winter beer gut I built up! The good thing about playing scenario is it gets used to playing with complete strangers.. Hell I cant count how many times I have been behind enemy lines with some dude or girl.. I don't even know but you would swear we were longtime teammates..lol

We need to all get together and play and maybe for the Scenario games we could start a nice little team up! Hell if for no other reason than to save a few bucks on the registration.

Where is this place in Douglas?? I would love to check it out since I am staying here and all..lol

Last edited by FC_Bryan : 02-10-2011 at 03:54 PM.
Old 02-10-2011, 04:04 PM #9
Lazarusrat

It's Tim's field (Coal 98) , check out the Douglas Filed thread down below.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:25 AM #10
End Phenomenon

Laz totally down to try some scenario, also I know Ill have at least one frind wanting to go.
End Phenomenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:59 PM #11
FC_Bryan
Bolt With Team Nemesis

I will be going... we need to get a head count of who will be going and maybe we could start a weekend team that may spur into a full pledge scenario team...!
Old 02-21-2011, 11:02 AM #12
Lazarusrat

I'm down with that FC.

I can't make the Spring game (Wife's B-Day) and I have Drill (Nat Guard) the same weekend as the fall game but I'm totally in for a WY collective effort for the Summer game. I'm more than willing to use it as an excuse to get more playing time in to "practice" for it as well.

What do the rest of you guys think? Post up
Old 02-21-2011, 11:20 AM #13
SO SICK

SO SICK supports DLX Technology
laz, u piece of dried up camel jizz. i would love to come down and play pretend soldier wit u.just remember ,there is no crying in paintball. so when i get all the glory and kills ,like usual, i dont want to hear u whine and tell me how ur gun wasnt workin right or ur loader was to blame. just suk it up admit im better than u and bow down minion.

HATE ME,KILL U

what up dog, i killed you.

welcome to CREW world
SO SICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:43 AM #14
Lazarusrat

Drag,Hate,Con,Sick, Who-Ever-You-Are-This-Week; You're more than welcome to come and play.

I'll bring my folding easy chair for you, that way once you actually have to play for more 5 minutes at a time and you're all tuckered out from it you'll have a place to rest while I'm still out playing. May-be you can fix Dinner or something.
Old 02-21-2011, 03:34 PM #15
timmy carnes

hey guys how you been??? i missed you guys when i actually showed up on feb. 19..... and for the poison spider place they blocked it all off last i heard, at least if it is the same place i been to out there. whens the next big game you all wanting to put together????
Old 02-21-2011, 10:12 PM #16
BigDaddyT75
Biased Aliens be suckin!

Yeah Timmy, they did block off the old Poison Spider place but my buddy Brandon said he has played at a new place that is even better and there are other people that play there too.

Geo 3.5 Midnight/Lime
GI Victus Olive/Khaki
Old 02-22-2011, 07:12 PM #17
timmy carnes

sweet, i might have to find out where that is cause i loved the old poison spider place... that was the first place i ever paintballed.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:07 AM #18
Lazarusrat

Ok just to bring you guys up to speed...

DMS can no longer put on events at teh Horse rescue place. So Battle for the bride has cancelled.

The TUNKA guys are organizing smaller games at Hooligans Hole down by Pueblo (1 day events). If you wantto keep tabs go here http://www.tunka.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=3

DMS says they are working on getting a new field but no word yet.

No world on "Aliens in the Rockies 2011" yet. http://paradoxgames.westhostsite.com/

Team Desert (Big Utah team) is putting on "Hell's assault" (http://www.hellsassault.com/) Aug 14 in Utah should be a good game but that's my HS reunion so I'm out.

My game plan... I'll keep my ears open for games in the June, July, Sept time frame that are with in a 9 hour drive. I'll post here as soon as I hear anything, You guys are more than welcome to come along as well.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:22 PM #19
BigDaddyT75
Biased Aliens be suckin!

Thanks Laz!

Geo 3.5 Midnight/Lime
GI Victus Olive/Khaki
Old 05-19-2011, 04:22 PM #20
Lazarusrat

You guys might want to check this out...

Game on at 10AM, will be ending around 3-4p. Hosted by Dynamic Paintball, storyline by BLC. June 11th.

Scenario is role based:
Machine Gunner –only 2 per side !! Anything goes !! 290 fps max. The person can give this role to another player but must go to a ref to make the switch. This player should have the “means” to spray paint!
Rifleman-Mech markers can have any loader. Electro’s must have a gravity feed hopper. Max fps 290.
Sniper-must be a pump marker ! No more than 50 rounds on gun (eg. pocket hopper, stick feed, etc). FPS 315 !!
Submachinegun- Any gun with any loader !! No more than 14 bps. Ramping, 3 shot burst, etc. FPS 275 !!
Bazookaman- Rocket launcher man…nerf rockets only. He will be the bunker buster ! FPS 240.

Pre-Reg is going to be $60.00. This includes 1 case, all day air. This ends 6/4. Call the store to Pre-reg (303) 799-9911. The only role that is limited is the Machine gunner. After 6/5 the fee is $20.00(includes all day air) and Paint is $65.00 per case. Some of the rules may change...but very minor !!

Check teh Colorado Forum....

And of freaking course Guess when I have drill in June??? That's right June 10-12 so I can't make this one either.
Old 05-19-2011, 04:54 PM #21
BigDaddyT75
Biased Aliens be suckin!

Man just the value of this game makes it appealing. $60 is entry, air and a case. That is awesome. I just wonder what the field will be like.

Geo 3.5 Midnight/Lime
GI Victus Olive/Khaki
ReplyRegional Ups