Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-23-2012, 08:01 AM #1
Olds slow

Karni repair

Hey I am getting back into the game and I have a Karnivor that needs a tech job on it. Mainly it is leaking out where the manifold enters the gun. This was always loose when I got the gun (new)and I played with it like that now it is leaking there. Gun still works fine but I would like to get that fixed. I tried to take it off and started to ding it up so I would rather pay someone to do it right the ruin the beauty. Where can I send my gun. The local shop here won't touch it says its too old.
Olds slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-23-2012, 11:26 AM #2
hmcl281

has been a member for 10 years
when they say it's old they usually mean they do not know how to work on it or have parts to repair it

try this guys, he does repair on cockers

http://customcockers.com/forum/forum...arker-Services
hmcl281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:14 PM #3
Gryphon43

Gryphon43 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Gryphon43 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
You said it leaks where the manifold enters the gun, what part are you actually refering too?

Is air leaking out of the solenoid housing around the solenoid?

I can't stand the shops that say they have Master techs on site, but it just ends up being a guy who was sent to some class and got a certificate so they could make more money.

wow. . . sorry about the start of a rant there. I am very familiar with cockers, if you can post a pic of where it is leaking I can most likely help.
Old 11-23-2012, 03:37 PM #4
Reddawg

If you are talking the front block take barrel off and you should see a chrome or SS bolt I think 5/32 allen wrench fits turn to right and see if leak stops. Just make sure your reg. is straight before tighting. I closed my store but still will do repair if needed PM for info. But there is plenty of good info here that should help you fix it.
Reddawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:32 PM #5
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

if its leaking from the cocking solenoid, first make sure your lpr just isnt too high, it will vent from there if it is.

if the lpr isnt set too high put several drops of oil right into the asa and dry fire it a lot. it might just need some lube.

if that doesnt work then its most likely the gakset between the solenoid and housing. you can take the solenoid out via the 2 tiny screws on the bottom of the noid'. make sure you unplug it from the grip frame so it can come out.

check the gasket, it could be dry or need replacing if its sat for a long time. put some dow33 based grease like sl33k or dye lube or whatever brand you prefer on it. make sure its in place properly when you put it back in. if lubing it doesnt work, it probably needs replacing.

place to buy the gasket:

http://www.paintballgateway.com/wgpauebcosom.html

its a pretty simple job since on the karni you can take the solenoid right out from the bottom without having to undo any hoses or take the cover off the gun. so you dont have to worry about any wrench marks or damaging anything.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:12 PM #6
Olds slow

Thanks guys after some more reading and looking around I am embarrassed to say it was only a loose hose. I was saying the manifold area (the part that says Karnivor) cause when it started to leak I could move that and make it stop. Well that was just pinching the hose back on tight enough.

SO second question. Anyone have a recommendation on where I can get my stock barrel bored out to take freak inserts?

Thanks again I will go bang my head on the wall for not checking the hoses better. One would think that a gun could sit for what 8 years and it would shot just fine lol.
Olds slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:14 AM #7
PaulE2Cocker

PaulE2Cocker owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Ya my lpr hose tends to do that onmy karni after every 7-9 cases. I just replace or trim the end off.

Barrel boring I know pooty51 on here was doing it for a while idk if he still is or not if its a Kaner barrel I believe there more accurate than a freak u just have to have all the different sized backs
Old 11-27-2012, 12:03 PM #8
hmcl281

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulE2Cocker View Post
Ya my lpr hose tends to do that onmy karni after every 7-9 cases. I just replace or trim the end off.

Barrel boring I know pooty51 on here was doing it for a while idk if he still is or not if its a Kaner barrel I believe there more accurate than a freak u just have to have all the different sized backs

i agree the kaner would be better since it's a longer control bore, see if you can buy the smaller back in for sale threads.
hmcl281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:43 PM #9
*C-Ro*
N.O. Bounty

*C-Ro* is a Supporting Member
*C-Ro* plays in the APPA D5 division
Send it to O_nuthing on custom cockers ... Enough said

LNIB Dangerous Power G3 F/S !!
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...569&highlight=
RAMPING KILLED PAINTBALL !
*C-Ro* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:09 PM #10
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

if you dont feel like having the stock one bored out the .682 should have you covered. kaner barrels do shoot really nice. i feel if you break paint in one they seem to clear out really well if you just keep shooting.

http://www.paintballgateway.com/wgpka6bababl1.html

however if the one you have is a .689 or .691 you might want to just get it bored anyway....not gonna get much else use out of it lol.