PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-07-2012, 02:43 PM #1
bonusball024

bonusball024 owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
bonusball024 supports Ninja Paintball
Any reasons not to use an E-Cocker?

So I purchased a brand new Ego, thinking I needed a high-end gun for reliability purposes and I'm starting to feel like unless I'm a tournament player.. I have no need for an expensive high-end marker. I have been into autocockers.. especially E-Cockers (E-Orracles in particular) since my first few years of getting in the sport. I'm back in the US now and have plenty of parts and air available to fix and tinker when need be... but before I go that far.. as the title states.. are there any reasons why I wouldn't have an E-Cocker as my main marker for recreational, and maybe even smaller tournament play?

I've been considering this idea more and more lately of just going back to autocockers all together. My main fear for E-cockers in particular is I still don't have a good understanding of the 5-way solenoid. I have heard stories of players who had gaskets break and all I can think of is if my gasket breaks my E-Orracle instantly becomes a wall trophy because the gaskets are sparsely available now days. I feel after some decent reading and tinkering Autocockers and E-Cockers alike become very easy to understand markers and the tuning after practice becomes second nature.

Idunno.. what do you guys think?

Old 11-07-2012, 03:06 PM #2
holson72

has been a member for 10 years
holson72 posts videos on PbNation
holson72 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
There is no reason not to get one, unless you hate being a supercool manly-man who shoots the coolest type of paintball gun ever produced. Some people can't handle that level of awesome.

For 99% of autocockers, there is no part failure that could render it a wall ornament.
holson72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:53 PM #3
bonusball024

I have one complete E-Cocker (well almost.. missing pump arm) and a Mini Orracle body I could get into working order if I feel the need.

Are you saying that Solenoid Gaskets don't fail that often?

Old 11-07-2012, 04:18 PM #4
Intern1

Intern1 owns a Planet Eclipse - M170r
Intern1 is Boss
I haven't herd of many failing although I'm sure it has happend. If you haven't used your gun in a while which it sounds like you haven't I would check the gasket and if its in good shape I wouldn't worry about it. It it looks nasty rather than look at a paintball site I would try and contact the manufacture of the solenoid for a replacement.

Intern1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:47 PM #5
holson72

holson72 posts videos on PbNation
holson72 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
RE: noid gasket - I currently own 5 e-cockers. None of them have blown a noid gasket yet. I've had two of them leak; but a simple relube fixed them both times. I have spares...but haven't needed them yet.

The noid gasket wouldn't be a concern to me.
holson72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:31 PM #6
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

gaskets are still pretty easy to find:

http://www.paintballgateway.com/wgpauebcosom.html

but for the most part they hardly ever go bad, they can be finicky sometimes to get back in place but unless theyve been left bone dry for a few years, odds are it'll be fine.

actually, its still pretty easy to find any cocker part these days, unless its a race frame or one of those things that were just made in very limited numbers.

and honestly, if you wanna get rid of the ego do it before it loses too much value when the next one comes out. you should easily be able to find yourself a nice cocker, along with a slightly older high end in case you just want some more modern handy, and still have money left over. i love how my rapper shoots, but its also fun playing around with a mech cocker occasionally too.

Last edited by Rebel_816 : 11-07-2012 at 06:34 PM.
Rebel_816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:15 PM #7
bonusball024

Encouraging statements guys.

Actually the components in question are fairly newer.. I have a newer Mini E-Orracle that I got brand new from action village back in like 07 when WGP was putting the crappy worrframes on em. I then ended up never using the thing because the field on the base I was at had not HPA (they swore up and down it was coming) then the freaking STO ram broke so I was SOL. I the newer put parts into an older full size Orracle body so I think it'll be good to go. The internals and all look great and the E2 and components I have are all in awesome condition as well. Just through a new Belsales .44 in the mix as well so I should be good to rock and roll. I used the Mini a few times after I got her up and running.. pretty much flawless after I got the E2 settings right.

Random side note, the only thing my full sized orracle body didn't have as a front block... picked up a raw front block for it and put it on today. I have all the components but it is missing the Front block set screw that stops the air from coming out of the bottom. Do you guys know the size screw it is? I checked the manual but it doesn't have the size listed. Thanks!

Last edited by bonusball024 : 11-07-2012 at 07:19 PM.
bonusball024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:33 PM #8
Darkapollo

Its 1/8npt plug. Any hardware store will have it.

I have a racegun halfblock as my main shooter.
My E cockers: 2x 05 Race Halfies and 1 E2/Tadao Karni. I can count on one finger the times an ecocker let me down.
Old 11-09-2012, 04:34 AM #9
sniper88org

sniper88org has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
sniper88org supports Ninja Paintball
well i have owned 15 to 20 autocockers at one time i sold off alot of them to get some of the guns i own now to me i started with a old nelspot someone made it a little longer barrel i called her (Bertha) cause she wasn't pretty but worked like magic the frist new gun i bought was the budorr sniper riffle back in 88/89 serial number 1042 had alot of fun back then i became a field tech for where i played at worked a little for free entry every weekend
i have eblade now that i dont use only cause i play all pump well if your interested in a nice eblade lmk hate too see something that sexy not being used
sniper88org is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:35 AM #10
Darkapollo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper88org View Post
well i have owned 15 to 20 autocockers at one time i sold off alot of them to get some of the guns i own now to me i started with a old nelspot someone made it a little longer barrel i called her (Bertha) cause she wasn't pretty but worked like magic the frist new gun i bought was the budorr sniper riffle back in 88/89 serial number 1042 had alot of fun back then i became a field tech for where i played at worked a little for free entry every weekend
i have eblade now that i dont use only cause i play all pump well if your interested in a nice eblade lmk hate too see something that sexy not being used
punc·tu·a·tion   [puhngk-choo-ey-shuhn] Show IPA
noun
the practice or system of using certain conventional marks or characters in writing or printing in order to separate elements and make the meaning clear, as in ending a sentence or separating clauses.
the act of punctuating.
punctuation marks.

That would be these symbols: . , ? ! etc... Used to define a thought, add information, or act as the end of a sentence.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:00 PM #11
MikeM

MikeM is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonusball024 View Post
...Random side note, the only thing my full sized orracle body didn't have as a front block... picked up a raw front block for it and put it on today. I have all the components but it is missing the Front block set screw that stops the air from coming out of the bottom. Do you guys know the size screw it is? I checked the manual but it doesn't have the size listed. Thanks!
Consider putting a guage under the front block rather than a plug.
It looks cool, will show your operating pressure, is a better location (IMHO) than on your inline reg and can be a helpful tool. I like to use a 0-600.
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote