PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 11-12-2005, 07:07 AM #1
accordance

Nerve Maintenance Questions

I just bought a Nerve the other day and I am hearing about the sorts of problems it has if it is not maintained properly. Considering that I'm not a hardcore paintballer, just a moderate recreational user, what are the basic and necessary maintenance steps I should follow? I heard that if I just lubricate the bolt kit after every game I should be fine along with just regular cleaning of exterior and barrel? If so, where exactly is the bolt kit? Thanks
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-12-2005, 01:19 PM #2
Ydna
timetraveler

Ydna is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Ydna is BST Trusted
Ydna works for a Paintball manufacturer
The bolt doesn't have to be lubricated at all. In fact it can slow things down if you do.
The only part of the gun's firing assembly that needs occasional maintenance is the piston. But the gun is designed to be a low-maintenance system and you won't hav to take it apart too often at all.
The regulator and LPR should be cleaned from time to time, but that's about it.

As told by Stobaeus
...someone who had begun to learn geometry with Euclid, when he had learnt the first theorem, asked Euclid "What shall I get by learning these things?" Euclid called his slave and said "Give him threepence since he must make gain out of what he learns".
Old 11-12-2005, 10:00 PM #3
accordance

Re

Thanks Ydna, but how often does the piston need to be maintained and how so? also, when is it necessary to take the gun apart? how often should the regulator and lpr be cleaned and how is it done?
Old 11-12-2005, 10:10 PM #4
Ydna
timetraveler

Ydna is BST Trusted
Info on maintenance is in the manual, and I also have pictoral guides step-by-step on my website zdspb.com (look under tech articles, then the maintenance section for the Nerve).

The purpose of greasing the parts of the gun is to keep the o-rings moist so they seal. The lubrication isn't to allow parts to physically move against one-another (as with a bolt, or some other part). The bolt is made form delrin and doesn't have any o-rings, so doesn't need any lubrication at all.

As told by Stobaeus
...someone who had begun to learn geometry with Euclid, when he had learnt the first theorem, asked Euclid "What shall I get by learning these things?" Euclid called his slave and said "Give him threepence since he must make gain out of what he learns".
Old 11-12-2005, 10:25 PM #5
accordance

Re

thanks. my gun didnt come w/ the extended LPR thingie/upgrade that ive been hearing about, is this something that is supposed to be free? or do i have to buy it?
Old 11-13-2005, 12:03 PM #6
bloodgod
God is the bullet!

bloodgod owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
bloodgod supports Ninja Paintball
Yes it is free. Just go to Smartparts.com click on tech support and there is a link to request the lpr upgrade.

Joker-"How can you shoot women and children?" Heli machinegunner-"Easy...you just don't lead'em so much. HAHAHA! Ain't war hell. HAHAHA" (Full Metal Jacket)

My old feedback+22/-0:https://www.pbnation.com/showthread....0#post30200330
Old 11-13-2005, 02:29 PM #7
accordance

re

upgrade is only eligible for serial number 0000-1400 and my serial is 1600+ (
Old 11-18-2005, 06:13 PM #8
Smartarse

If im not mistaken, after 1400 the Nerve was released with the upgraded LPR already installed. Correct me if im wrong.
Old 11-18-2005, 11:30 PM #9
Ydna
timetraveler

Ydna is BST Trusted
That's what SP will tell you, but I'm not sure where they pulled that number from....it has no basis in truth. In reality the markers' serial number has nothing to do with when they were assembled.
Generally speaking, most guns assembled after June/July will have it. But there are some guns in the 2000's that were made that late. The gun's aren't assembled in numerical order.

As told by Stobaeus
Old 11-19-2005, 06:27 AM #10
Smartarse

Ah, well thanks for telling me, it's always nice to find out pieces of information like that.
Old 11-20-2005, 11:21 AM #11
bloodgod
God is the bullet!

bloodgod owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
bloodgod supports Ninja Paintball
Well maybe if you email them a pic of your gun without the lpr upgrade and your serial #, They will probably send one to you.

Joker-"How can you shoot women and children?" Heli machinegunner-"Easy...you just don't lead'em so much. HAHAHA! Ain't war hell. HAHAHA" (Full Metal Jacket)

My old feedback+22/-0:https://www.pbnation.com/showthread....0#post30200330