Community Focus

Old 09-20-2012, 06:34 AM #1
Tuff
Supports 2nd Amendment

Tuff is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Lightbulb Arctic circle shrinks to new world record low

http://news.yahoo.com/arctic-ice-shr...175242723.html

"WASHINGTON (AP) — In a critical climate indicator showing an ever warming world, the amount of ice in the Arctic Ocean shrank to an all-time low this year, obliterating old records.

The ice cap at the North Pole measured 1.32 million square miles on Sunday. That's 18 percent smaller than the previous record of 1.61 million square miles set in 2007, according to the National Snow and Ice Data Center in Boulder, Colo. Records go back to 1979 based on satellite tracking.

"On top of that, we're smashing a record that smashed a record," said data center scientist Walt Meier. Sea ice shrank in 2007 to levels 22 percent below the previous record of 2005.

Man-made global warming has melted more sea ice and made it thinner over the last couple decades with it getting much more extreme this year, surprisingly so, said snow and ice data center director Mark Serreze.

Ice in the Arctic melts in summer and grows in winter, and it started growing again on Monday. In the 1980s, Meier said, summer sea ice would cover an area slightly smaller than the Lower 48 states. Now it is about half that."

Underline says it's "man made"

I wonder if a Romney election this fall would do anything drastically different regarding the global warming topic. He seems open to the fact that humans contribute to global warming (he later claimed he wasn't sure to save face with the GOP) and if he could change his tune once elected and consider asking Congress to pass some green friendly laws. It would seem like a big "no" but even Nuclear Power would be a step in the right direction. It's safe, good for the environment, and oddly enough something the left doesn't embrace with their "Go Green!" mentality. I guess they don't stand to make enough money from investments if nuclear was the way to go.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-20-2012, 06:52 AM #2
FreeEnterprise
Trails of Doom

FreeEnterprise posts videos on PbNation
In other news... Antarctic sea ice sets yet ANOTHER record, but the major media ignores as it doesn't fit the "man made global warming" criteria.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamestay...nother-record/

"Antarctic sea ice set another record this past week, with the most amount of ice ever recorded on day 256 of the calendar year (September 12 of this leap year). Please, nobody tell the mainstream media or they might have to retract some stories and admit they are misrepresenting scientific data."

Man made global warming is a great cover to funnel government money to your favorite liberal organization. "for the good of the planet" of course.

Follow Trails of Doom on Instagram,
twitter, facebook and youtube
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:41 PM #3
Rhino1XL
Put a SPRING in it!!!

plays in the NXL
Rhino1XL helped look for balloons
Rhino1XL owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
Rhino1XL plays in the APPA D4 division
Rhino1XL supports Ninja Paintball
Game, set, match...
Old 09-25-2012, 11:42 PM #4
shakeyjonez
Pro Life Pro GOD Pro Guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeEnterprise View Post
In other news... Antarctic sea ice sets yet ANOTHER record, but the major media ignores as it doesn't fit the "man made global warming" criteria.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamestay...nother-record/

"Antarctic sea ice set another record this past week, with the most amount of ice ever recorded on day 256 of the calendar year (September 12 of this leap year). Please, nobody tell the mainstream media or they might have to retract some stories and admit they are misrepresenting scientific data."

Man made global warming is a great cover to funnel government money to your favorite liberal organization. "for the good of the planet" of course.
Bring on the carbon tax!!
shakeyjonez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:43 PM #5
quakcer

Why don't they just blame the sun? That's where the heat is coming from isn't it?
quakcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:54 AM #6
FreeEnterprise
Trails of Doom

They can't make money using logic apparently...

It is more fun to invent some disaster, and then make everyone PAY to "fix" it.

Just like the hole in the ozone in the 90's or the coming ice age of the 80's. Or the world running out of oil in the 70's...

Liberals need something to "fix" and they need YOUR money to do so.

Old 09-26-2012, 09:51 AM #7
chodeyg
sprezzatura

Tuff are you aware that nuclear power is very dangerous, even when running as planned? Nuclear waste is not conveniently disposed of
Old 09-26-2012, 10:13 AM #8
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

Neither are coal or diesel fumes.
There are arguments either way.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:16 AM #9
FreeEnterprise
Trails of Doom

What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger...

Old 09-26-2012, 10:21 AM #10
F1VENOM

Or in this case cause cancer since evolution doesn't exist.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:23 AM #11
chodeyg
sprezzatura

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inflicted View Post
Neither are coal or diesel fumes.
There are arguments either way.
Agreed and I'm not going to sit here and say let's burn nothing and sit on our ***** til we think of something either. Just pointing out that the situation is more complicated than it looks.

I think tax credits to people that drive efficient four bangers and hybrids are a good idea. Along with tax deductions for corporations who engage in environmentally friendly practices instead of carbon taxing. It would be a start.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:52 AM #12
Volucris
asmuchtextastheywillallow

Let's ignore your tangent thoughts on nuclear power and focus back on the statement the original article left you feeling uneasy about.

Whether it is all man-made, somewhat man-made, or not at all, it makes little sense to not take the safest route for our planet by implementing measures and practices that would mitigate or remove our negative contribution as a race if the scenario was that it is entirely man-made.

Time and time again the "hurr global warmin' is bull ****" crowd operates on the basis that they don't want to be blamed, that they couldn't possibly be at fault for something they don't understand. It's as if they have a phobia of science implicating the proceedings of mankind can be cited for effects past easily understood, direct results.

I believe a lot of the fear in this case can be traced back to the simple-minded assumptions that caring for the environment destroys employments and unfairly burdens individuals with things harder to comprehend than feeding and dressing oneself.

What should not be a partisan issue has turned into one and it thus makes Republicans look ignorant and reckless in treatment of their environment both present and future.

Last edited by Volucris : 09-26-2012 at 11:55 AM.
Volucris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:02 PM #13
FreeEnterprise
Trails of Doom

Except logic like what you propose is exactly what gets us the chevy volt. A car that costs in the high $80,000 to produce, and yet they can only sell for the mid $40,000...

So the taxpayers lose a ton of money every time one is sold. (as well as GM) So some liberal can feel good about themselves, while producing a massive amount of toxic waste when they junk the batteries in 4 years.

Must be "green" logic.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...88904J20120910

Old 09-26-2012, 12:18 PM #14
Iamamartianchurch

Human population size is the problem.

We do not have a viable alternative to fossil fuel. Building and maintaining alternative energy resources absolutely requires fossil fuel. The resources generated typically suck complete **** at mechanical motion. Nuclear power most likely comes out at a net loss when you compare output to what is required to build and maintain it and its infrastructure. Solar is crap for anything but heating. The concentration in this neck of the solar woods isnt good enough for anything else. Wind energy is lol.

On a small scale solar and wind do well, powering and heating homes. As supports for industrial society, they are wholly insufficient.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:07 PM #15
Treghc

Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Except logic like what you propose is exactly what gets us the chevy volt. A car that costs in the high $80,000 to produce, and yet they can only sell for the mid $40,000...

So the taxpayers lose a ton of money every time one is sold. (as well as GM) So some liberal can feel good about themselves, while producing a massive amount of toxic waste when they junk the batteries in 4 years.

Must be "green" logic.

That is not the fault of climate change believers. Are you really that ****ing dense?

That's the fault of GM. Nobody else. They put out a product and it failed. It was their choice to make it the way they did and price it how they did. Nobody else.

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:07 PM #16
Volucris
asmuchtextastheywillallow

Quote:

Must be "green" logic.

Except that has nothing to do with the logic I proposed because it's not benefiting the environment by producing electric cars using toxic chemicals.

There's a reason so many people keep you on ignore.
Volucris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:14 PM #17
FreeEnterprise
Trails of Doom

Are "green" energy companies "benefiting" the environment or just paying back people who helped Obama get elected?

"The Amonix Solar: FAIL! – manufacturing plant in North Las Vegas, subsidized by more than $20 million in federal tax credits and grants given by Obama Administration, has closed its 214,000 square foot facility a year after it opened.

Solar Trust of America: FAIL! - Filed Bankruptcy in Oakland, CA, April 3, 2012 – On April 2, 2012

Bright Source: FAIL! - Bright Source warned Obama’s Energy Department officials in March 2011 that delays in approving a $1.6 billion U.S. loan guarantee would embarrass the White House and force the solar-energy company to close. Lost Billions of dollars but Getting More Money To Keep Trying. Can you say, “This isnt working?”

Solyndra: FAIL! - Obama gave Solyndra $500,000,000 in taxpayer money and Solyndra shut its doors and laid off 1100 workers in August 2011 After Billions in Losses due to failure to make a solar product that works!

LSP Energy: FAIL! - LSPEnergy LP filed bankruptcy protection and a sale of its assets in Feb 2012

Energy Conversion Devices: FAIL! – On February 14, 2012 Energy Conversion Devices, Inc. and its subsidiaries filed for bankruptcy

Abound Solar: FAIL! - Abound Solar received a $400 million loan guarantee from Barack Obama announced in June, 2012 that it would file for bankruptcy

SunPower: FAIL! - SunPower stopped producing solar cells last year at near bankruptcy restructured only with help of, get this, oil giant TOTAL who owns 60% stake. Irony! Still struggling…

Beacon Power: FAIL! – Beacon Power Corp filed for bankruptcy Oct 2011 just a year after Obama approved $43 million loan Government loan guarantee

Ecotality: FAIL! - ECOtality, a San Francisco green-tech company that never earned any money on the verge of bankruptcy after receiving roughly $115 million in two loan guarantees from Obama

A123 Solar: FAIL! -A123 received $279 million from taxpayers thanks to President Obama’sDepartment of Energy loan guarantees and after Solyndra bankruptcy is getting another $500M from Obama and it has lost $400M

UniSolar: FAIL! - Uni-Solar filed for Ch 11 bankruptcy in June 20 this year laid off hundreds got more Obama money still failing but still in business

Azure Dynamics: FAIL! - Azure Dynamics files for bankruptcy in June wasting millions in Obama “Stimulus” and tax credits. Azure Dynamics LLC filed for bankruptcy protection in Canada and the US. Azure laid off 120 of its 160 employees in Oak Park; Boston; Vancouver, British Columbia; and the UK.

Evergreen Solar: FAIL! - Evergreen Solar received $527 Million in Taxpayer money from Obama filed bankruptcy

Ener1: FAIL! received more than $100 million in government funding from the Obama administration filed for bankruptcy January 2012"

http://www.dividedstates.com/list-of...lar-companies/

Old 09-26-2012, 01:14 PM #18
F1VENOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treghc View Post
That is not the fault of climate change believers. Are you really that ****ing dense?

That's the fault of GM. Nobody else. They put out a product and it failed. It was their choice to make it the way they did and price it how they did. Nobody else.
Industry can't be wrong, it's the LIEberals intervening.

It's really not even GM's fault, it's the governments for having to entice the market into R&D instead of giving more research dollars.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:40 PM #19
marcozombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
Human population size is the problem.
Keep abortion legal. Promote contraception. Promote sex education. Promote abstinance. Maybe make a small dent.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:19 PM #20
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcozombie View Post
Keep abortion legal. Promote contraception. Promote sex education. Promote abstinance. Maybe make a small dent.
Probably not much of one unless you can curb the advances/excesses made possible by industrial society. Armed conflict helps as well.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:30 PM #21
Treghc

Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
Treghc is a Forum Captain
We need to bring back Hitler. Keep him around a bit longer this time.

Besides, who wouldn't want to fight Nazi zombies? Come on...

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote