Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-25-2005, 06:57 PM #1
the fisherman blind
Flyer than a spaceship

has been a member for 10 years
Interested in Palmers/Pump play

Ok, so I'm kind of interested in getting out of the semi scene een though I love my gun to death (viking) it's just that prices are insane for a person that just got their car and has to pay for gas as well Anyways, I have a few questions concerning a couple of palmers markers. I was snooping around on the palmers and saw a few pump markers however what interested me most was the Typhoon and then there was a bunch of custom set ups off this model (i believe) well my questions are as follows, realistically how hard would it be to find one thast would be up for trade? how does it compare to say a phantom? if i couldn't find one for trade about how much could I pick up a used one for? It seems theres such a large market on Phantoms but not much on Palmers is that kind of like AKA now-a-days where only the followers of that company will really appreciate the gun? I guess if I were unable to find a Palmers gun it would be a safe bet to go with a Phantom because all I hear is good things about them, and I have shot one and they are quite nice. Anyways thanks for the help, Oh and on a sidenote Firepro I remember I talked to you a while back on the nation about something anyways I play up at midway when i get the money or the chance which isnt to often anymore but if I come up anytime soon is there a chance that you'd be able to walk me through a pump or two? (if you look at this thread ) Again, thanks for all the help, Eric.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-25-2005, 09:05 PM #2
Lawn

Ha.. Dude.. I own both AKA (Viking) AND Palmers (Palmer's Super Stocker).. what more could you ask for?

I mean.. there are quite a few pumpers who appreciate the Palmer's pumps, though they may not own one themselves.. The semi-players all appreciate their Egos and DMs/PMs..

I definitely suggest getting a pump of any sort to start playing with.. I mean.. after you begin your pump venture, you'll be able to decide what you want to do, instead of starting off with a somewhat expensive Palmer's pump, and then deciding that you may not like it..

RTR Gargoyle

AKA 2004 FSP Viking (Bermuda)

My Feedback on Ebay, Simply cause I should have kept track of deals on here but I was too lazy too.. Damn.
Old 12-26-2005, 08:50 AM #3
vellnueve

Speaking of which, the Typhoon is a semi.
Old 12-26-2005, 11:23 AM #4
hellion360

yeah, tfb.

Palmer's pumps are kind of expensive but you really get what you pay for.
I have used a lot of different pumps and I now own a super stocker. It is very easy to use, very easy to clean, gets great efficiency, never has rollouts, and it is very accurate and consistant.

Really it is just a great gun and I assume all other palmer pumps are up to snuff.

The typhoon is a semi but you can get a pump kit for it if you want.

old pbn feedback
Old 12-26-2005, 01:56 PM #5
pump man

i just got a super stocker for christmas yesturday, and havent been able to shoot it yet. The gun is super easy to clean, but can you take the bolt out while it is gassed up?
Old 12-26-2005, 04:30 PM #6
Lawn

Yep, you can.. In case you get dirt in it, or something, you can take the bolt out and squeege everything down..

RTR Gargoyle

My Feedback on Ebay, Simply cause I should have kept track of deals on here but I was too lazy too.. Damn.
Old 12-26-2005, 10:29 PM #7
pump man

thats awesome!
Old 12-27-2005, 02:54 AM #8
Himurax13

Well if you can make your way down to California Paintball Park for AKA day on Feb. 4th and 5th, you may just see a variety of Palmer marker's there from an estranged afficianodo who like to collect rare and exotic markers .
Old 12-27-2005, 03:03 AM #9
Lawn

Yep.. and you can even play with my Palmer's too (I'm sure quite a lot of the AKA owners have Palmers as well..)

RTR Gargoyle

Old 12-28-2005, 02:00 AM #10
Got_Paint

Actually you'd be suprised, AKA'ers don't usally cross into Palmer, but Palmer crosses over into AKA much more often.

I am hoping to make it Himurax I'll have to bug Tim to get a Viking so I am not alone on the trip down. My Excal needs play time.
Old 12-28-2005, 02:08 AM #11
Lawn

Ha.. I guess I would be one of those Palmer to AKA line-steppers..

RTR Gargoyle

Old 12-28-2005, 07:55 AM #12
Himurax13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got_Paint
Actually you'd be suprised, AKA'ers don't usally cross into Palmer, but Palmer crosses over into AKA much more often.

I am hoping to make it Himurax I'll have to bug Tim to get a Viking so I am not alone on the trip down. My Excal needs play time.
Tim can come as long as he brings his 48 autocockers with him
Old 02-07-2006, 03:23 AM #13
custar

Blazer w/ pump kit

If you're unsure about whether to go pump or semi but want to try out Palmer's quality, you have a good option. A Blazer is an excellent semi (non-electric for the most part at the moment), but PPS also makes a pump conversion kit for the Blazer. Used pump conversion kits come up for sale occasionally, and PPS has them in stock if you want to make your move immediately. It's a way to have the best of both worlds.

custar