PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-25-2007, 12:05 PM #22
MNpBPlAya
OG PMGWC council

has been a member for 10 years
not all calls were bad, i saw a Russian dive in the snake the ref made the call he was out the player saw but kept shooting. All teams get bad calls against em
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-25-2007, 07:57 PM #23
pr0xy_dA3m0n
Kachow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M£aTball View Post
yea, listening to teams like dynasty play makes me sick, the amount of language they use on the field is ridiculous/unnecessary. Theyre not the best of sports either. Foreign teams always seem to be just the opposite though. Of course, all teams curse, but not nearly as much as ive heard the American teams.
Thats absolutely correct, i find that in any sport. The foreign teams are very sportsmanlike and professional. Going with what i said before, its probabily becuase they are outside of their home, they want to treat the people who call it home with respect. Last week my school was hosting a scottish schools senoir anr jounir rugby teams. We got a chance to play a game against the teams, and i have to say, backing up what i said previousally. They were the most sportsmanlike and professional team i have ever played. Whenever something bad happened, the player on the scottish team that was envolved would run over to team and just appolojize for what happened and we all went on with the game. For example, one of our players was kicked (i think) or hit badly in part of the game play, and when the play was over, the scottish player ran over and just said sorry for what happened, and went on with the game. Now the game wasent a season game or anything, it was just for fun, but still the thought of that is amazing, and we all even talked about it afterwards and we were all amazed, and i think we will all play with the level or professionalisim, and respect.

I also see your a joy fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbgideonpb View Post
can someone pinponit exactly what bad calls were made? SOmeone said bunkerrub... okay that sucks, but it happens. Anything else? I mean heaven forbid the ref's actually enforce a "playing on" infraction.

Can anybody point to specific examples of what happened to who, and why they got out, or are you going to continue to just whine? I'm honestly curious as to exactly what happened, because when you just blab about "omg huge calls were missed!" it makes you sound like you have no clue what you are talking about.
Who are you?
and why are you in our forums.
your probabily a aftershock fan, like that other ****** who was in here and saying how badly shock beat down our russians.
or you just dont like how our team beats the **** out of your team.

EDIT: quote from said ******
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSpeed View Post
Shock blew apart RL.

go shock.

I wasent there, so i dont know first hand, but Yekkendude was there, and i trust his judgement with my life, and he says that the reffing was comeplete Bull****, and i believe him.

Last edited by pr0xy_dA3m0n : 07-18-2007 at 09:51 PM.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:19 PM #24
sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xy_dA3m0n View Post
Thats absolutely correct, i find that in any sport. The foreign teams are very sportsmanlike and professional. Going with what i said before, its probabily becuase they are outside of their home, they want to treat the people who call it home with respect.
I find this to be absolutely incorrect. If you watch the vid on pbstar in the russians huddle before the game they say that they have no respect for these guys(aftershock). I dont know how much more home could be for chicago aftershock.

As for the refs, yes, i agree there were a lot of bad calls; 2v5 is rediculous. Yet, maybe the arrogance of the team made the officials mad and cause some overreaction.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:15 PM #25
pr0xy_dA3m0n
Kachow!

haha well sunday,
as you were right, phridini does infact say "no respect for this team"
and i can see why,
who the **** sings a round of row, row, row your boat, before an NXL match with the worlds best team?

and they didnt disrespect aftershock in anyway to their faces.
and what do you want them to say like
"i respect this team, they are good players, friends, and opponents, now lets go get 'em!"

i dont think so.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:26 PM #26
Xplicit_5

i thought that call in the snake was coplete bs wut about u?
Old 06-25-2007, 09:59 PM #27
economicgirlyman
Keep it 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSpeed View Post
Shock blew apart RL.

go shock.
omg i no one point
ur a dbag RL will smash aftershock netime they play they ever again

TRUST
B.B. D2/AM FOX4PAINTBALL
Old 06-25-2007, 11:01 PM #28
Ynnekdude
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
I find this to be absolutely incorrect. If you watch the vid on pbstar in the russians huddle before the game they say that they have no respect for these guys(aftershock). I dont know how much more home could be for chicago aftershock.

As for the refs, yes, i agree there were a lot of bad calls; 2v5 is rediculous. Yet, maybe the arrogance of the team made the officials mad and cause some overreaction.
I wouldn't have respect for teams that talk all that **** either. They say that stuff as a sort of fuel for their playing. Many teams talk a lot of crap about "those Russians" instead of seeing them and strictly competition/fellow players. If I was disrespected and heard slurs being yelled at me I doubt I'd have any respect for them...
"This is a hard job, and I'm not just saying this to win favour with lorry drivers. It's a hard job - change gear, change gear, change gear, check your mirrors, murder a prostitute, change gear, change gear, murder. That's a lot of effort in a day."

Russian Legion Fanclub #16
Old 06-25-2007, 11:33 PM #29
Euouae

Euouae supports Cereal Killerz 2
Euouae donated to help Peyton Trent
Euouae supports Bob Gurnsey
Euouae supports our troops
Quote:
haha well sunday,
and i can see why,
who the **** sings a round of row, row, row your boat, before an NXL match with the worlds best team?

"i respect this team, they are good players, friends, and opponents, now lets go get 'em!"

i dont think so.
pr0xy is right... The reffs do have a bias against foreigners - probably to appease the larger fanbase who would cheer for say Dynasty over Impact (NPPL)..... I understand if a reff makes a bad call once in a while but do purposefully show bias is ridiculous for so many reasons. New people to the sport probably don't want to grow and improve and play competitively if they see that kinda thing. It's gotta stop.....

.Impact <3 HK.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:23 AM #30
sunday

Quote:
haha well sunday,
and i can see why,

i dont think so.
no, but the fact that they specifically no respect and the wave after the first point show some disrespect to me...maybe im just too literal. but no, i would agree that they dont do too much of anything disrespectful.
And i agree about row row row your boat, pretty stupid. Dont think im hating on legion though, they are all very great players, i was able to talk to a few at MAO...and hell, i shoot an rl shocker

but back to original topic, yes, reffing sucked. 2v5 is rediculous
Old 06-26-2007, 03:53 AM #31
Andrey_Cosim

strictly speaking RL players also cursing a bit during the game. But because of most of them are russians and curses are also in russian, american refs don't understand them

Penalties for curses were caught by non-russian players. But I have to say, RL players really almost not cursing on the field. I watching every video after events, but can't remember when they cursed.

As you noticed, they are pro players, so they tried to do their job well and give an exellent show to their fans.
The same regarding polite behaviour on the field, before, during and after the game. I have noticed, as more professional and hi-skilled team then more it friendly rely to opponents.

RL best not because of drive or good luck, they are best because of really hard trainings... Every day, every week, every month.

Last edited by Andrey_Cosim : 06-26-2007 at 03:56 AM.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:24 AM #32
gleb
skeet skeet.

i think the psp should get some asian or european refs then it would be fair
or
theres people you can hire for that (south park )
Old 06-26-2007, 08:26 AM #33
gleb
skeet skeet.

slavo bogu oni ne ponimayut shto rl govorit vo vremya igryi
GO RL!
Old 06-26-2007, 08:32 AM #34
recballchamp243 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by milehighpber06 View Post
...what made the calls bad? I couldnt tell in the vid.....
what vid, show me
Old 06-26-2007, 08:46 AM #35
Andrey_Cosim

Quote:
Originally Posted by gleb View Post
GO RL!
Da v obschem-to ya uze skazal, nashi osobo i ne materyatsa...proskolznet razok drugoi i vse.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:49 AM #36
The Foo

Quote:
ive always noticed, there is always biasing against foreign teams,
in the NXL its the russians, and in the NPPL its the sweeds (joy) and canadians (<3 impact).
Becuase the paintball world is obviousally run by americans, and the pro circut is 90% american teams, new foreign pro teams make the refs maybe angry, or jealous because other countries are sending their best out to fight theirs.

for me its the opposite, i love the foreign teams (Russians <3, joy and impact)
probabily becuase im not american, and i like to see other countries, and even continents sending over pro teams. Which is in turn revolutionizing paintball.

Disclaimer:
im not saying that ALL americans are ignorant like i said above, its just..well alot of them are.
This is not a flame-war starter or anything.
Its just my opinion, and observation.

this is just my way of looking at it,
It's because Americans are only good at sports in which they compete against themselves (IE, Football, Baseball, etc.)

Once Americans play in international sports they suck *** for the greater portion of the time.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:03 AM #37
The Foo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gleb View Post
GO RL!
Hahah...
Old 06-26-2007, 10:51 AM #38
pr0xy_dA3m0n
Kachow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
no, but the fact that they specifically no respect and the wave after the first point show some disrespect to me...maybe im just too literal. but no, i would agree that they dont do too much of anything disrespectful.
actually thinking about it,
they do infact, do some very cocky things haha
like in orlando they were doing like...little dances on the field haha
which were very entertaining, i thought they were funny
didnt really take into perception that they were disrespecting anyone.
Old 06-26-2007, 03:45 PM #39
fluke854

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Foo View Post
It's because Americans are only good at sports in which they compete against themselves (IE, Football, Baseball, etc.)

Once Americans play in international sports they suck *** for the greater portion of the time.
You are a moron.

http://www.mapsofworld.com/olympic-t...thens2004.html
Old 06-26-2007, 05:25 PM #40
xero_blue
The Runt

FTW! we all know in a legit game RL > ALL. i think RL actualy practice 3v5 cuz it seems no matter where they go or who they play its always down to 3 against 5. i swear its like the letters R.L. = F*ck reffs

Last edited by xero_blue : 06-26-2007 at 05:29 PM.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:38 PM #41
The Foo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluke854 View Post
A little research on Wikipedia will show you what we got gold in the 04 Games:

6 Men's Athletics Events

2 Women's Athletics Events

Light Heavyweight Boxing

Men's Time Trial Cycling

Equestrain

Women's Sabre Fencing

Individual Artistic Gymnastics (Male)

Individual All Around Gymnastics (Male)

Coxed Eight Men's Rowing

470 Class Men's Sailing

50 Metre Rifle Shooting

Double Trap Women's Shooting

Softball (Women's)

9 Men's Swimming Awards

3 Women's Swimming Awards

Middleweight Men's Tae Kwon Do

Women's Beach Volleyball

84kg Men's Freestyle Wrestling

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_Olympic_Games

So, we got our ***** kicked at the sports we play here against ourselves as I previously stated, both Baseball and Basketball we lost. A look through that list really doesn't prove to much as far as our level of competition in International sports. Sure we won more gold medals, but look at what sports we did it in.

But hey....we kick *** at swimming. Who is the moron?

Last edited by The Foo : 06-27-2007 at 07:44 AM.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:50 PM #42
Jeff_Meister
That just happened

Now...that was some pure ownage right there ^^^, nothing beats the facts. The reffing was BS I saw it I couldnt believe it, everytime I lay I cant believe it nor understand and I hate it. They are one of the better teams out there, and hardly go anywhere because of all the BS. RL and Impact are my two fav teams...Impact ya Im biased...but RL is just some of the best paintball Ive ever seen. And Shocks gay round of row your boat was the most childish, kiddiest, lamest, most annoying intolerable thing I have ever witnessed....and thats all I have to say about that. I hate how shock won everyone knows they aint better.