PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-27-2008, 11:51 AM #1
ozean

has been a member for 10 years
Help the Noob <---

i just bought an EOS and played with it twice, and didnt really change any settings to it, but its chopping alot of paint and the balls are taking extreme dips and just are not shooting strait, what can i adjust to fix these problems please, thanks.
ozean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-27-2008, 03:06 PM #2
joverly

Is it chopping or breaking in the barrel?

Chopping: Are your eyes on? Press once for eyes on (fast blinking) press again for eyes off. Barrel breaks are typically bad paint, bad bore to paint match. If you break a ball in the barrel, the next shots are going to go crazy until you clean the barrel. What is your pressure on your regulator? Should be 250 - 280 range.

The full manual is available for download off Smart Parts website (not the quick start guide in the box). Start with the basics. Dwell and rof.. there are a bunch of threads on the subject (I am running 35 dwell 13 rof), stock settings are very conservative.
joverly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 04:10 PM #3
TheAznInvazn
550 for Fighters

TheAznInvazn has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
If your experiancing drop off, adjust your PSI and possibly your dwell higher.

Also for the full online manual, you will need the latest Adobe Acrobat software, I think it's Acrobat 8.
Old 01-27-2008, 09:24 PM #4
ozean

stock blinks for dwell is 30 right?
im useing intertia empire paint, and its not exactly warm out yet. and im guessing it brakes in the barrel cause the entire barrel is a mess after it happens
Old 01-27-2008, 09:40 PM #5
Carcajou

is your breech clean? hows your paint/barrel match?
Carcajou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 09:53 PM #6
URBANxFLOW

higher your dwell Im not sure if 30 is the stck setting on the stock board
if your shooting over or close to 300 fps especially in the cold that can cause the balls going all over the place especially if its cold out.
Change the battery in your gun, so many problems are related to this even if you just replaced it (might have been a bad battery) ALSo make sure you buy a name brand not like a cvs or walbaums pack no matter what they say they suck and will preform as a near dead battery does. A dead battery can cause every possible problem in the book and should be the first thing changed when you encounter problems!
Change the battery in your hopper especially with vlocity I get the balls to curve rediculously when its batterys are low.
lube your bolt clean your eyes check your detents and replace any ornings where you need to if everything abve does not work

Remember the higher you want your velocity the thinner the volume insert you should use

Last edited by URBANxFLOW : 01-27-2008 at 09:55 PM.
URBANxFLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 06:25 AM #7
joverly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozean View Post
stock blinks for dwell is 30 right?
im useing intertia empire paint, and its not exactly warm out yet. and im guessing it brakes in the barrel cause the entire barrel is a mess after it happens
Stock is like 52 clicks. I had some Cryptic busting on me.. from the truck and into the cold and back in the truck, some went to the shape of footballs on me. Not the newest paint (about 6 months old). Switched to a fresh bag and I was good.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:15 AM #8
ozean

my board isnt stock i got the epiph board put in my PSI is at 180 is that okay?
Old 01-28-2008, 07:28 AM #9
joverly

PSI sounds really low to me, but with that board I have no clue. Operationg pressure of a stock EOS is 250 - 280.

You sure you had a EPI board put in and not a Virtue or something else

Last edited by joverly : 01-28-2008 at 10:27 AM.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:25 AM #10
LTU-013

Quote:
Originally Posted by joverly View Post
So you took out the blackheart board for a stock EPI board? You know most would see that as a downgrade.. PSI sounds really low to me, but with that board I have no clue. Operationg pressure of a stock EOS is 250 - 280.

You sure you had a EPI board put in and not a Virtue or something else
Who told you EOS comes with Blackheart board as a stock board???
LTU-013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 09:56 AM #11
Sean@smartpartswest
Living Legends May 18-20!

Sean@smartpartswest is playing at Living Legends III
Sean@smartpartswest is playing at Living Legends V
Was it cold where you were playing? What kind of paint?

smart.corps.sean@gmail.com

www.cpxsports.com
www.livinglegendsofpaintball.com
Sean@smartpartswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 10:27 AM #12
joverly

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTU-013 View Post
Who told you EOS comes with Blackheart board as a stock board???
I am a moron... local shop where I bought it did in fact tell me this and I never bothered to look. I thought I was going crazy for a minute there. Your absolutely correct (I think they owe me a board not that I will get one out of them). Went and edited my post ( I only look slightly less dumb lol)
Old 01-29-2008, 07:25 AM #13
ozean

i played with it today put new batteries in both hopper and gun, better paint, and i put my dwell up from 30 blinks to 45 and i didnt chop one ball, and my balls shot pretty strait the only problem i see now is i feel like my bullets arent quick enough, any help on that? my PSI is around 210
Old 01-29-2008, 07:33 AM #14
joverly

Sounds like you just need to get to a chrono and adjust the reg up and then possible change the volume inserts. I know on mine with the green insert and about 260psi, I am right around 280fps. If I pull the insert and am real close to 300fps (our fields top range).
Old 01-29-2008, 02:30 PM #15
URBANxFLOW

Quote:
i played with it today put new batteries in both hopper and gun, better paint, and i put my dwell up from 30 blinks to 45 and i didnt chop one ball, and my balls shot pretty strait the only problem i see now is i feel like my bullets arent quick enough, any help on that? my PSI is around 210
good i think my advice helped then batts r always the first thing you should check and always have a spare one on you then can do a good job at ruining your day . for the balls not shooting very fast alot of people have there velocitys around 280 even though its supposed to be lower when i shoot those speeds i use the blue insert and get great results all around however i have a qev so if you have a qev try the blue insert and then bring your velocity up to about 250 - 260 thats about as quick as you need on any xball feild
if you have no qev try the green insert and do the same steps as before if your not sure how to do this it says on the online manual...
if you are not sure switch them out and see which one works the best (only takes about 5 min) to really see which one is the best shoot the ball where it wont stop and where you can see its whole flight so not in the chrono if neither works try no insert at all.
remember though thy are not bullets they wont go in a perfectly srtait path nor shoot so fast you cant see them with that in mind fiddle with the inserts and your velocity to get good results
Old 01-29-2008, 05:32 PM #16
ozean

yeah, i understand there not like bullets lol, but one of my friends i was playing against was running in a strait line from hill to hill and i had an easy clear shot i hit him but i felt like i had to lead him alot more then i should have.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:44 PM #17
snoopdogg

snoopdogg helped look for balloons
snoopdogg supports Pev's Paintball
snoopdogg supports Ninja Paintball
yea but the eos doesnt come with the epiphany board it comes with some other board cant remember which one. but i'll check after this then i'll c
"Originally posted by OneUp: there is no replacement for mother's milk dude. trust me i am a marine bio major. i know she's not a fish but i did have to study those things that women use to get free drinks at bars :P"

"Originally posted by outkast kid: There is no best, of anything. The world is subjective. When enough people subjectively decide they like something, it is the best. So far, no gun is the best."
snoopdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 06:02 PM #18
URBANxFLOW

Quote:
yeah, i understand there not like bullets lol, but one of my friends i was playing against was running in a strait line from hill to hill and i had an easy clear shot i hit him but i felt like i had to lead him alot more then i should have.
i know thats why i told you to do the steps above im sure that it will fix your problem ive had the eos for a while nowi just wasnt sure if you thought they should b shooting 100% strait just try what i told u to do and c if that workss
Old 01-29-2008, 06:25 PM #19
ozean

i will thanks for the help, it rained today so i cant today.

i had the virtue epiphany board put in it
Old 01-29-2008, 06:57 PM #20
URBANxFLOW

Quote:
i will thanks for the help, it rained today so i cant today.

i had the virtue epiphany board put in it
same here love it its my favorite upgrade out