Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-16-2013, 11:05 AM #1
onepumpchump13
Total Greif #13

"Man UP" No Padding - RAZA Jerzey : MUST READ. COOL STORY BRO.

Haha this is fantastic, I have been defending my choice to dawn the RAZA Jerzey on Facebook for days now..

Step outside the narrow minded vision of "manning up with no padding" for a quick read.

Im sure when people switched to a full face mask there was resistance similar to this. Dont let narrow minded vision of what is keep you from seeing what could be, or should be.

You had some people get it that paintball is a niche sport and not everyone will understand the war story explaining the cool scar you so proudly earned. Most people after hearing your cool "battle scar" story will never even consider paintball again....

Scenario 1) After days and days of begging, Mommy takes JT to the local field.. hes 11. He sees all those crazy fast paintball guns and the screaming, his eyes light up... Hes not scared hes excited, he cant wait to jump out there. Hes 11 but he knows hes a lifer. He feels more at home walking to the registration booth than he does in his own bed.

Mom walking up to the counter sees the same scenario played out before her, but sees lil JT's eyes light up. She knows that look but has never seen this amount of interest before. She sees she might be in a pickle soon playing the restrictive bad guy for the greater good or her sons well being.

She walks in to sign him in and when doing so this snazzy purple fella comes strolling in the door in his snazzy RAZA Jerzey. He being the ambassador to the sport he is, instantly greets them with a smile and a hello.

They gets to talking about her concerns and worriers, this Greifer can relate as he started at little JT's age. He tells her his story about when he first started the irreplaceable memories and bonds. He also shares the battle wounds and the scars he got from it. Though he wore his battle scars with with pride, this worried the mom. Captivated by the Greifers passion for his own story, she kept listening to him continue.

The Greifer could feel her unrest when he spoke of his battle scars so he laid the point of the story out there. "MaM, I could see how me talking about my battle scars and stories of old bothered you.. I do have to tell you if this is a concern for little JT there is equipment out there that he can wear that will save him from this. When he is ready he can take it off or he might enjoy it enough he might decide to keep it on. The point being since I have worn this jerzey I have not had one bloody welt anywhere there is padding"

LiL JT gets to play that day, and you bet your *** mom ordered him a jerzey.

I will take your flak for being a sissie when I dawn the RAZA Jerzey.
As far as the sissie comment - If you know me, you can guarantee I will welcome the chance to show you on the field how much bearing that statement has.

Remember not everyone comes from a paintball background and not everyone has an idea of what this sport is.

Everyone Digs the bounces besides my opponents, but I dig the SAFETY aspect more.

http://www.xtremepaintballpark.com/
http://www.chipleymachine.com/
https://www.facebook.com/jt.inmanl
onepumpchump13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-16-2013, 11:09 AM #2
clarkie070988
A traveling man

has been a member for 10 years
clarkie070988 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
clarkie070988 plays in the APPA D4 division
clarkie070988 is Legendary
they are snazzy jerseys I havent worn any raza gear but would like too

I <3 MY Wife & Daughter & Son
LUXE MOB/PUMP OT/Back Players Gang/BST Perfection/Geo Owners
clarkie070988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:12 AM #3
painter4life05
cixelsyd

painter4life05 supports Cereal Killerz 2
painter4life05 donated to help Peyton Trent
painter4life05 supports Ninja Paintball
I just got a raza shell shocked tm2 jersey and it is awesome no padding

PUMP OT B.Y.O.L.B.

OG Feedback 45+
painter4life05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:16 AM #4
HeatedNubbycake
^^^Gamertag^^^

HeatedNubbycake plays in the PSP
HeatedNubbycake supports Team VICIOUS
HeatedNubbycake supports Pev's Paintball
HeatedNubbycake has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Nice post . sorta wanna jump on the RAZA bandwagon myself, the local teams have some kick *** jerseys from them

The only urine sample your getting from me is a taste test.
HeatedNubbycake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:46 PM #5
drgonzo
Half-cocked

The young ones have no appreciation of how long the ringworm takes to go away on us old farts ... I wear a padded shirt for that reason alone!
Old 01-16-2013, 12:50 PM #6
Castro #66
Not a Moderator*

Castro #66 is a Moderator
Castro #66 is a Supporting Member
Castro #66 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Castro #66 is Legendary
All the posting I've seen you make about them has left me with a single question: Are you denying that the jerseys are built with bounces in mind, JT?

Castro #66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:52 PM #7
apes4us
MO

This is hilarious. These power puff jerseys are made for bounces, nothing else. If you're 11, wear one. Otherwise this crap is distasteful at the recball field, tourney only.
apes4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:56 PM #8
shredxcam

Quote:
Originally Posted by apes4us View Post
This is hilarious. These power puff jerseys are made for bounces, nothing else. If you're 11, wear one. Otherwise this crap is distasteful at the recball field, tourney only.
/thread
I don't have any superman jerseys but id be hot wearing one
Old 01-17-2013, 02:59 AM #9
war009
Fluffy Bunnies Pump

war009 donated to help Peyton Trent
war009 supports our troops
war009 has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
war009 is Boss
Hey JT your not a sissy I love my ASM raza jersey, it is padded like crazy
Fluffy Bunnies Pump....RIP RM #01/Yorosaru
Smartballer PB Like Us on Facebook
Shocker Owners/Pump OT
war009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:21 AM #10
mister2driver
This is my PUMP BADGE

mister2driver plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
mister2driver supports Empire
And the jerseys come with a banner too if there is a team order. Gotta love Todd M. lolz

Peace-

KAMANDAG Bang Out Games @ WARPED & AMBUSH

mister2driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:07 AM #11
egopossum

egopossum is playing at Living Legends III
egopossum owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Hey JT,

I have been following that "discussion" on Facebook.

Here is my opinion on heavily padded jerseys (you should see Empire's LTD jerseys - padding galore!)

Tournament play ->
If it is tournament legal: Wear those padded jerseys and all the padding you can. You are there to win. If you are not breaking the rules, more power to you.

Rec/Woodsball Play ->
This is a slippery slope.
I know that you and all the Greif boys would not intentionally cheat. All of you guys play with style and honour. I am sure that when you feel the hit, even if there isn't a paint break you walk off the field and shake the hand of the person that took you out.

I wear elbow pads all the time and know that the things are bounce monsters (along with padded hats). When I see someone that has padded themselves up (padded shirt, elbow pads, padded jersey) I aim for hard targets that I will get breaks on (mask, marker, hopper, pod pack, foot).

During rec play I would rather play without padding because if I am not playing my bunker right, I would rather get hit and walk off the field knowing that I wasn't playing that bunker "right". To me the padding dulls my senses and I might not feel that hit that took me out.

I have a padded shirt from all the tournaments that I have played and it ends up more on the girlfriend then myself (then again I love to play in a tanktop)

I work in a store and sell alot of padded shirts to concerned parents of younger players. They see the scars that I have on my arms and think I am crazy for playing this game that I get intentionally hurt in. For rec play I find that less padding makes you a better player in the long run(along with picking up and playing with a pump)

Thunder Bay Pump Club

Last edited by egopossum : 01-18-2013 at 11:10 AM.
egopossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:14 PM #12
onepumpchump13
Total Greif #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgonzo View Post
The young ones have no appreciation of how long the ringworm takes to go away on us old farts ... I wear a padded shirt for that reason alone!
TRUTH

Quote:
Originally Posted by egopossum View Post
Hey JT,

I have been following that "discussion" on Facebook.

Here is my opinion on heavily padded jerseys (you should see Empire's LTD jerseys - padding galore!)

Tournament play ->
If it is tournament legal: Wear those padded jerseys and all the padding you can. You are there to win. If you are not breaking the rules, more power to you.

Rec/Woodsball Play ->
This is a slippery slope.
I know that you and all the Greif boys would not intentionally cheat. All of you guys play with style and honour. I am sure that when you feel the hit, even if there isn't a paint break you walk off the field and shake the hand of the person that took you out.

I wear elbow pads all the time and know that the things are bounce monsters (along with padded hats). When I see someone that has padded themselves up (padded shirt, elbow pads, padded jersey) I aim for hard targets that I will get breaks on (mask, marker, hopper, pod pack, foot).

During rec play I would rather play without padding because if I am not playing my bunker right, I would rather get hit and walk off the field knowing that I wasn't playing that bunker "right". To me the padding dulls my senses and I might not feel that hit that took me out.

I have a padded shirt from all the tournaments that I have played and it ends up more on the girlfriend then myself (then again I love to play in a tanktop)

I work in a store and sell alot of padded shirts to concerned parents of younger players. They see the scars that I have on my arms and think I am crazy for playing this game that I get intentionally hurt in. For rec play I find that less padding makes you a better player in the long run(along with picking up and playing with a pump)
Heck yeah man, true story on walking out on bounces in rec play!!! And thanks for posting up

Diggn the posts!

Old 01-18-2013, 01:30 PM #13
apes4us
MO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castro #66 View Post
All the posting I've seen you make about them has left me with a single question: Are you denying that the jerseys are built with bounces in mind, JT?
I'd still like to hear your answer to that question.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:51 PM #14
georgeyew

georgeyew supports Pev's Paintball
I wear my padded shirt proudly. I enjoy paintball, but I don't enjoy walking around looking like I've been stung by bees all over my body. I don't think I get many bounces with the pads. They are actually harder than my skin.
georgeyew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:13 AM #15
stygshore
Big Evil made me do it!

stygshore is a founding member
stygshore is playing at Living Legends VII
stygshore supports Empire
my fat gut contributes to more bounces than my turtle cap or jersey padding ever has.

Styg
stygshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:29 PM #16
masterofTHUMBS
boom headshot

masterofTHUMBS posts videos on PbNation
masterofTHUMBS is an NCPA player
masterofTHUMBS supports Pev's Paintball
masterofTHUMBS plays in the APPA D5 division
NCPA can't wear padded jerseys.
masterofTHUMBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:27 PM #17
NkdMangina

NkdMangina plays in the PSP
NkdMangina is playing at Living Legends VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by onepumpchump13 View Post

Everyone Digs the bounces besides my opponents
NkdMangina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:33 PM #18
apes4us
MO

Quote:
Originally Posted by onepumpchump13 View Post
Everyone Digs the bounces besides my opponents
Show those renters who's boss!
Old 01-27-2013, 10:04 PM #19
onepumpchump13
Total Greif #13

Apes4us - Not really into the whole open play all-star idea, But to each his own, do what you do. =)

Old 01-27-2013, 10:12 PM #20
apes4us
MO

So none of the Griefers, including yourself, wear their jerseys for open play?
Old 01-27-2013, 10:19 PM #21
drgonzo
Half-cocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by apes4us View Post
Do you only get welts in tournaments? I know I don't.