Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-16-2010, 02:07 AM #1
JB Cerberus
Almost Famous Paintball

JB Cerberus is a Paintball photographer
JB Cerberus posts videos on PbNation
08 to 09 Indy Changes?

Essentially, I just want to know what happened between 2008 and 2009, or even 2010 for the Indy.

I've got a deal on an 08 Indy, but I want to know if I should hold out for an 09. Is there any drastic change that happened between 2008 and 2009? Is the 2009 or 2010 a dramatically different gun that the 2008?

Quick replies would be nice.
JB Cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-16-2010, 07:20 AM #2
PaintFreak98

has been a member for 10 years
PaintFreak98 plays in the PSP
PaintFreak98 is an NCPA player
The big leaps and bounds were taken between the 08 and 09 indy's. The 08's were known to be a little finicky and could have some issues, but the 09 were made with far higher quality and all the major improvements were made after 08. They changed the solenoid, got a new machinist for better milling/tolerances, fixed all the problems the 08's had, ect. The list goes on and on...

The difference between the 09 and 10 models was minimal. Slight changes in the HPR and LPR to lower pressure needed and of course the OLED board was added in the "T" models.

I would recommend holding out for an 09. The one year made a huge difference and you will be getting a lot nicer marker.
PaintFreak98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 12:00 PM #3
LeadfootPB
On the Frontline

LeadfootPB has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
LeadfootPB has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
LeadfootPB has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I have an 08 indy, I was wondering if there is a difference between the regs 08-10. I could send the reg in to have it rebuilt, or buy a new one.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:58 PM #4
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
The 09/10 regs are a little better but by the time you send it in, pay for it to be rebuilt and pay for shipping back you may as just buy a new reg. Either alien or other.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:24 AM #5
Jack Rice

Jack Rice works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jack Rice posts videos on PbNation
'08 and '09 are completely different, spring and set screw are about all that interchange. On the '09 & 10 the air feeds up through the adjuster with the seal in the piston. Whereas before the seal was in the adjuster - very similar to the CP design. CP has always been an excellent design. I had problems with the seals lifting. I saw this change as a great way to both have a larger seal and eliminate the lifting seal problem, plus make my reg significantly different while capable of flowing more air. Always looking for better ways to do things.
FYI - IMO I still feel CP is top of the list for aftermarket regs, AKA too are excellent, but a little too boxy for me, and while I believe that the 2 liter probably does flow more air, once you have "enough" that all you can use.
Jack Rice is offline   Reply With Quote