Community Focus

Old 04-16-2013, 07:17 PM #22
Hobbes The Tiger
Big Gulps, huh?

Hobbes The Tiger is a Moderator
 has been a member for 10 years
Hobbes The Tiger is a Paintball photographer
Hobbes The Tiger has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
Decision making power or not, you're still representing the NPPL in a good light, something that hasn't happened in a while.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-17-2013, 05:50 PM #23
RORplayer44

RORplayer44 is a Supporting Member
RORplayer44 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
RORplayer44 plays in the MiLP
refs on the field closest to the water were bums!
RORplayer44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:13 PM #24
BeastsUnleashed

BeastsUnleashed supports DLX Technology
Just like a lot of the other paintball players (tournament or rec) the league is rubbing people the wrong way. If the big three are not concerned about making changes THE PLAYERS have concern about, then why play in this league? If, i am at an event i want to be focused on playing not chasing one of the three down about a problem. If i come to you with a problem, how do i know you are going to relay that message or they make the changes? The NPPL could have made the change to paintball promotion months before the league started, but did not. Is the NPPL going to reimburst the people who bought tickets already? Probably not. The NPPL need to start making things right with the people before all get fed up and leave the league some are still fighting for
BeastsUnleashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:05 PM #25
Dirty J
FAT CITY

Dirty J plays in the PSP
Dirty J plays in the MiLP
Dirty J plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNoFx View Post
Honestly If Chuck did not think of reading PBNation to find out what people are saying about the NPPL, thats a problem.
I agree 1000%.

Any business owner (or anyone designated by the owners) that doesn't participate in social media regarding their business is destined for failure.

Paintball promoters have it easy... 99% of anything said about a National event is going to come up on PBN... easy to find. Easy to address.

Most industries don't have a one stop shop to get feedback from consumers... it's sad they don't take advantage of what the PBN community brings to the table.

Hopefully Gino and his crew will do a better job with running the events.
Dirty J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:26 PM #26
kicks
GOT HEEEEEEM!!!

kicks is a Paintball photographer
kicks donated to help Peyton Trent
kicks helped look for balloons
kicks owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
kicks has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
kicks supports DLX Technology
This was my first NPPL event. I have to say if this is as good as it gets then count us out for the rest of the season.

Registration was horrible. Waste of manpower. 3 people to do one job while one of them sits there and stares at the people in line.

Field 1 was awesome with the turf and grandstands as always. The rest of the fields were such a joke.

There was a freaking drop on the D Side in field 2 since day one. No one bothered to check on it or maybe think "hmmm this might be a liability, people are diving into it. Maybe we should fix it"

Field 3 reffing was such a bust.

I watched a game where the players are on a first name basis with the refs.

Refs were arguing because they didnt want to be in the position where the head ref or one of the refs put them in because he was getting shot so he didnt care to be there.

Refs were listening to the sideline audience about how the guys mask technically came off after he dove into the Doritos. Instead of shushing the side he pulled the guy because he knew the other team.

The ref checking the last player for the longest time to give away his position and when he saw the other team about to run him down he then leaves the player.

Reading through the posts and finding out the people who ran NPPLdont even bother to check the threads to see what the concerns are from their paying customers just makes me not want to play this league even more.

Its fairly obvious that PSP is very popular nowadays but to see NPPL not even give it a fight to stay in competition and show that it will get better just pushes the players away.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:33 PM #27
BeastsUnleashed

BeastsUnleashed supports DLX Technology
I feel like (I'mRickJames) has gone to the people with issues he has seen or heard; it has gone on deaf ears. A suggest (I'mRickJames) print out this forum and hand it to the people in power. The player are going to get tried of getting SCREWED-OVER with no EXPLANATION
BeastsUnleashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:49 PM #28
I'm RickJames
DJ/MC for the NPPL

I'm RickJames supports Pev's Paintball
I'm RickJames plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastsUnleashed View Post
I feel like (I'mRickJames) has gone to the people with issues he has seen or heard; it has gone on deaf ears. A suggest (I'mRickJames) print out this forum and hand it to the people in power. The player are going to get tried of getting SCREWED-OVER with no EXPLANATION
Well now there is an apparent change of leadership so I guess I was a little too late Sorry guys...

Maybe the new leadership will bring some of the changes that you have all been asking for. I guess only time will tell.

Follow me on IG- @SportsVoice23

Proudly representing... PEV'S PAINTBALL, EMPIRE PAINTBALL, KEE ACTION SPORTS and BOB LONG
I'm RickJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:02 PM #29
MOTORHEAD

MOTORHEAD is an NCPA player
MOTORHEAD plays in the APPA D4 division
Keep it semi!!
MOTORHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:06 PM #30
iMPy512

iMPy512 supports Pev's Paintball
I've enjoyed the many events I've been lucky enough to play. I've been lucky enough to end up on some long flights with you Chris and have always enjoyed your passion for the game and support of the more local scene. With all that being said I do have some minor suggestions...

1. Live (or quickly) posted scores. People enjoy following teams, and not posting anything for twenty four hours is frustrating. Plus, constantly doing so on facebook is annoying, not effective.

2. Stick by decisions. Changing event dates after posting them hurts those of us that plan ahead. Now Im stuck with airfare to tampa. Another example is the virtue board from last year. Great idea, but results, if posted, were inaccurate or incomplete. And now they're gone.

3. Not charge for grandstands every day (especially at non paintball locations. If you want to grow the sport, let people see it and spend time there. It may increase spending in the vendor area bc of the increased traffic as well.

4. Plan around school vacations. I bet the average age of players is relatively young. Having events over the summer or holidays, while increasing airfare prices, may encourage more players to participate.

Some small ideas, but like I've said, I've been as happy with the league as a player can be. All the higher ups have always been more than helpful and willing to chat at events, and I look forward to playing in the NPPL in the future.
iMPy512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:48 AM #31
koolguysk8r14

koolguysk8r14 is a Professional paintball player
koolguysk8r14 plays in the PSP
for those 3 to not check pbnation and somehow not know to, is a sign in itself
koolguysk8r14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:21 PM #32
TMcGuff

how does nppl get its feed back. 3 people that have a hand in the nppl just ignore the biggest websites for free reviews and feed back of the event. Someone needs to wake them up. That might be a big reason why the nppl league is failing constantly.

Rest easy Matt Dawson.
TMcGuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:35 PM #33
boy from florida
FIVEHUNDREDSIXTYONE

boy from florida plays in the PSP
boy from florida supports Team VICIOUS
man i really dont believe that chuck or pev dont come to the worlds largest paintball forum even if out of curiosity to see what people are saying about their baby the NPPL...
boy from florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:35 PM #34
boy from florida
FIVEHUNDREDSIXTYONE

boy from florida plays in the PSP
boy from florida supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMcGuff View Post
how does nppl get its feed back. 3 people that have a hand in the nppl just ignore the biggest websites for free reviews and feed back of the event. Someone needs to wake them up. That might be a big reason why the nppl league is failing constantly.
took the words out of my mouth man
boy from florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:34 PM #35
DanR
Stock Luxe 1.0

DanR plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
DanR owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DanR owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DanR is an NCPA player
DanR supports DLX Technology
very interesting thread i have yet to play a NPPL event
Old 04-27-2013, 12:34 AM #36
Hobbes The Tiger
Big Gulps, huh?

Hobbes The Tiger is a Moderator
Hobbes The Tiger is a Paintball photographer
Hobbes The Tiger has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
If you were thinking about playing an NPPL this year, I'd honestly hold off until this new company running the league runs an event and we all hear feedback about the events. I'm being pessimistic about it.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:33 AM #37
weKILLsucker$
Hollywood

weKILLsucker$ plays in the APPA D4 division
Here's what I can tell you from my experience with the NPPL, which although a lot of people only see it for the bad, has a lot of good in it:

1.) Paintball as a whole needs one unified rank system. Why did they ever leave the APPA ranking system when it was working just fine. As a result from this you see d1 PSP teams coming and playing d3 NPPL events....if you're D1 in PSP you play D1 in NPPL and vice versa.

2.) Giving back to the lower divisions....and this is one thing that has been driving me crazy!!!! Why on earth are pro's getting $15,000 and d3 gets $2,000, please tell me how that works out? You want this sport and league to grow, you give back to the lower divisions (you know, the ones that keep the league alive!!!!) d3 entry is $2,000, $1800 if you get the early bird, and 1st place is only $2000 making their money back?!?!? Not right at all. Not just prizes either, they get cheaper ID's as well as other stuff I'm sure.

3.) Vendors - I remember HB used to be a Haven for vendors. You couldn't look in one direction without seeing a handful of company's their. Now I can practically count them on both my hands...idk what is going on behind the scenes, but it needs to end for the sake of the players and the sport. Not only does it suck not having some of your favorite vendors there, but it messes up sponsorships...for example my team last year WAS sponsored by Empire and we got X amount of free cases for events....but since empire wasn't their, we couldn't receive these cases to use at events, nor could we bring those cases because lower divisions can't supply their own paint...which brings me to my next point.

4.) Equality in all divisions - I'll use an example to explain. Last year I was given a penalty for saying the "f-bomb", now prior to this, as we all may know, I've heard/seen PRO'S (the one who are suppose to lead by example) yelling not only that word, but other curse words as well and they don't get $hit for it?!?! You freaking kidding me? BYOP is another thing, why can they bring their own paint from whoever...but the lower teams can't? The lower divisions are the ones that have no financial backing, and rely on their sponsors to help them. Going back to my example in #3, now not only do we have to pay a boat load for entry, air fees, hotel, rental cars...etc now we have to spend any where from a couple hundred to a thousand dollars on paint?!?! AND we only have one vendor to choose from?!?! It's not right

These are the top 4 that have been bugging me for the past couple years, and I'll add more when I think of them. I hope someone on the board see's not only my post, but everyone else's as well and can turn around. You want to be a league for the players, then listen to them and fix what is wrong. See everyone at NPPL NEO