Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-19-2012, 10:13 AM #1
YrZx_V3

Unhappy Help dealing with people

Ok, I've been playing paintball at my field for about 6 months now. I'm not the greatest but I still enjoy it and I am currently getting a GoG envy for Christmas. But my main point is at my field, their are lots of good speedballers. Some act cool and some are just plain mean. My problem is I just can't hit them and they get free paint to waste so they just spray. They all have guns like. G6r, axes, g4, etc. they play rec ball too and get free paint from the owner. It just annoys me cause I get hit every time. I can't practice often cause their paint is just soo over priced (I'm only 15 btw). But theirs that one person I can't stand in that group. He just makes me mad. He's 17 and he's good but just acts all cool and sucks up to the owner. I try to talk to him and he just ignores me and continues to act like he's like a 30 yr old veteran. Idk what to do, I want to get on his good side cause he just goes after me every match and then I can't play good. But he just ignores me. Their not many ppl that play there so I have to play with that group. I'm basicly the noob of the group. I'm also concerned cause if they keep giving them free paint and don't sell it, their gonna run out of money and close down. Anyone have suggestions?
YrZx_V3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-19-2012, 11:44 AM #2
tvise
USPN Hollister CA

tvise owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tvise owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tvise posts videos on PbNation
tvise has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
First off they probably get paint very cheap... What brand is it?

Second off, I had the same issue when I started. I never got on their good side.. now I am the manager there and they are gone.

People like that will burn out of the sport. They will become unwanted at most.

Is there any other field you can play at?

Can you bring your own paint?

I would try to get the owner to see his actions. In time it will happen.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:04 PM #3
7ezekiel7
Paintball is LIFE!

7ezekiel7 supports Team VICIOUS
I would definitely talk to the owner about it.

If he has any sense at all he would see that this kid being mean is very bad for his business. If he can't see that and doesn't want to do anything about it I would just go play somewhere else.
7ezekiel7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:36 PM #4
YrZx_V3

I have another field but its like 45 mins away. And the paint is Draxxus. But thanks guys! I will talk to him
Old 11-19-2012, 04:14 PM #5
Subterfuge
Arctic Wolf

has been a member for 10 years
Subterfuge owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
The question is why get on his good side? Do you really need his approval? There are ways to practice with limited to no paint that will increase your skill. When I go to a field, there are people that ignore me and think I am a newbie at the same time there are people that ask me to go to world cup with them.

These guys are groupies that are only in it for the popularity cool factor, but they have no substance, just the connections to be on a the certified field's team. You will encounter suck ups your entire life, until you realize that these guys aren't really who you think they are. It is all just appearances. They will one day be pissed off that somehow you know somebody that goes way beyond their little clique that is that particular paintball field or organization. Don't work to impress people, work to work. Do your best, to be your best. The important people will notice, the unimportant people will ignore you and stay within their narrow worldview and hallow lives. Their are people in high positions that are always looking for character [head hunters and recruiters]. It's kind of hard to see you, if you are in a clique.
Subterfuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:22 PM #6
venarius

if he goes after you every round, he's not ignoring you. Exact opposite, he thinks your worthy of his 'sights'. Just because he won't acknowledge you off the field... only shows that he is trying to "play it cool".

Don't worry about him off the field. Show your stuff on the field, and maybe he'll come around. If not... Who cares? Paintball isn't about impressing one person. If you stop caring about that and just play (and play well), you'll find other players will start 'clinging' to you.

And by then you'll have a verifiable posse to gun for him...
Autococker (built from scratch myself back in the day!)

Last edited by venarius : 11-19-2012 at 09:25 PM.
venarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:38 PM #7
Ledeo

Ledeo has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I would just say that the guys that are cool are the ones you should hang around. I find that I love playing and teaching new players. There is normally newer players around our field and I enjoy talking and playing with them. I find that if you can find a person willing to teach you and show you some tactics. Also use you in a game to make moves, that you will do way better. I just think that passing knowledge and passion down to the next generation of paintball players will be a great thing for the sport. I also would suggest from personal experiance speedball will be harder if you can't throw paint downfield fast. Woodsball (if your field has it) will normally have people who won't sling paint as much. You might find that more to your liking.
Ledeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:29 AM #8
YrZx_V3

Thanks guys! This is really helpful!
Old 11-20-2012, 06:31 AM #9
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

If you get hit every time, then work on your game.

If someone is targeting you every game, then sit out a few games and watch them. What spots do they tend to go for first? How do they move? How OFTEN do they move? Take that information, remember it and the next game, use it to your advantage.

Honestly, it sounds more like you're unhappy because you aren't that good; which is OK. Just practice more, and get better. Soon you'll be gogging that dude every game and he'll STFU.
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:28 AM #10
byarosh201

Sounds like you're playing with agglets

Just work on your game, you know hitting your bunkers hard, snap shooting, movement, etc. once you get that grind going you'll be beating on them kids.

Don't worry about him just rock the field. You don't gotta make friends with everyone you play with, especially if they don't wanna be friends with you right away. Step your game up and they'll be riding your dick.
byarosh201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:32 AM #11
Christian P
UWL and Scenario

Christian P is playing at Living Legends VI
Christian P is playing at Living Legends VII
 is playing at Living Legends XI
Christian P is attending Decay of Nations VII
I'd suit in the back bunker and throw a wall of paint up. Make him come and get you.
Christian P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:50 PM #12
rexisme

rexisme supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by byarosh201 View Post

Just work on your game, you know hitting your bunkers hard, snap shooting, movement, etc. once you get that grind going you'll be beating on them kids.

Don't worry about him just rock the field. You don't gotta make friends with everyone you play with, especially if they don't wanna be friends with you right away. Step your game up and they'll be riding your dick.
What he said.....

Think about it, if he is going after you specifically every game when you are not on his team. You ARE some sort of threat.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:35 AM #13
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexisme View Post
Think about it, if he is going after you specifically every game when you are not on his team. You ARE some sort of threat.
...or the guy's just a complete dick who enjoys beating up on a less experienced player.
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:44 AM #14
DB-1071
ON THE SIDE OF ANGELS!!!!

DB-1071 is playing at Living Legends VII
DB-1071 is playing at Living Legends VIII
DB-1071 is playing at Living Legends IX
DB-1071 is playing at Living Legends Dreaded
You my friend have a paintball bully, next time you go to the field bring a friend and set him up, you go one way and he goes the other way and when the bully lays into you your bud butt****s him from the opposite side, you know flank his sorry ***!!!

PBNation definition from Urban Dictionary:
A web site where, on any given evening, one may find approximately 500 paintball enthusiasts discussing the sport, and 1500 teenagers calling each other gay.

Angel A4fly and below COMPLETE FREAK BARREL SET AND CHARGER FOR SALE ( IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE LISTED PRICES PLEASE MAKE OFFERS ) PRICES LOWED!!!!
DB-1071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:44 PM #15
Absently (Banned)

Absently has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Absently is attending Decay of Nations VI
Pm me bro. If you want, (since I live no were near you) I'll email the place and tell them I go there and what's going on. They'll have no idea it's you
Absently is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:46 PM #16
Absently (Banned)

Absently has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Absently is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by byarosh201 View Post

That's why I like going to the field alone, or with 1 or 2 friends
Absently is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:36 PM #17
Dude I want the LUXE

Dude I want the LUXE owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Dude I want the LUXE owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Dude I want the LUXE supports Team VICIOUS
Dude I want the LUXE supports Team VICIOUS
it sickens me to even hear of people like that at fields. Thats one of the reasons why this sport is dying! people who are dicks to newer players make them not want to play anymore. If you need any help pm me.
Dude I want the LUXE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:31 PM #18
DB-1071
ON THE SIDE OF ANGELS!!!!

DB-1071 is playing at Living Legends VII
DB-1071 is playing at Living Legends VIII
DB-1071 is playing at Living Legends IX
DB-1071 is playing at Living Legends Dreaded
Necrooooooooo thread!!!

PBNation definition from Urban Dictionary:
A web site where, on any given evening, one may find approximately 500 paintball enthusiasts discussing the sport, and 1500 teenagers calling each other gay.

Angel A4fly and below COMPLETE FREAK BARREL SET AND CHARGER FOR SALE ( IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE LISTED PRICES PLEASE MAKE OFFERS ) PRICES LOWED!!!!
DB-1071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:48 PM #19
Kbug
Dookie

Kbug has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Kbug supports Ninja Paintball
Kbug supports Empire
Try practicing and getting better. I'm 14 and when I started getting into speedball (about 11 or 12) I watched a lot of youtube videos and would play small 1 vs 1 games with friends to try to get better and practice things like sliding and snap shooting. Once you get really good, you can go after him every game and get him out
Kbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:35 PM #20
eclipsedude9302 (Banned)

eclipsedude9302 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
eclipsedude9302 supports Team VICIOUS
eclipsedude9302 is for the Gunfight
hey bud i know what your going threw i started playing in the 7th grade and i would get rocked right off the brake all the time. i waked away from speedball and played mostly in the woods if you start out playing woodsball like your of the speedball field you will get a bit better.and practice snap shooting in the mirror at home and train your fingers by just playing with it you don't need air or paint out the *** to get good. there was a bunch of kids like that at the field to but one day one of the kids got in the snake and tryed to get me i saw him in it and just lit the back of his head up. all tho this brother got me but it was well worth it. don't give a **** on what people think of you at the field there will all ways be someone better faster stronger and know more try to get in with the guys that are cool if ya need help or anything pm me
eclipsedude9302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:33 PM #21
2pipes
Legend in my own MIND

2pipes owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
2pipes supports Team VICIOUS
2pipes has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
2pipes supports DLX Technology
Practice gun skills at home snap shooting, break out (gun up), 1 ball drills, sliding. I know some would get in trouble doing some of my suggestions. BIGGEST thing BRING A FRIEND. One other thing try not to let it get to you. If this guy thinks he's getting to you, it makes him feel cooler.
Ronnie Dixon fan club #30
2pipes is offline   Reply With Quote