PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-19-2008, 02:42 AM #211
pnwysong10
R.I.P. Nobodys?

has been a member for 10 years
Well if every one loves paintball like they say they do now is a good time to get behind PSP and help them take us to the next level I ***ing love this sport and we should give it our all to keep it moving.... Plus PSP has 5 man go play it, lol

Pro Hopscotch Player

Last edited by John : 12-20-2008 at 05:02 PM. Reason: spell swear words correctly or don't use them please
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-19-2008, 12:25 PM #212
undrdg
RIP Larry Alexander

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbaykilla View Post
sometimes thats not 100% true. Some companies, in civil cases, cut their loses because hiring lawyers and such can add up to more then what was actually stolen.

Would like to know if he stole my address along with several of my buddies from the NPPL cuz I rec'd info on his league. We were not registered through his brother's id system.

Bottom line is people will make their own choices to play a local league with some they trust. Personally I believe the WCPPL is the way to go.
If you played in the NPPL you probably gave your email address when you registerd. if you didn't your team captain did.

I dont think there is anyway for you to have played in the NPPL and not had an ID card.
Old 12-19-2008, 12:44 PM #213
bronc.v2

Quote:
Originally Posted by raehl View Post
In all fairness to undrdg, it's not like Shawn didn't dupe the rest of us too. We just had the "advantage" of getting duped earlier and a better chance to realize it.

Shawn is VERY GOOD at duping people (took me almost a year to figure it out), which is all the more reason to let people know about his (lack of) character.

- Chris
All you would have had to do is play any NPPL or XPSL event and have ANY DEALINGS with Shawn at all, and you would have seen he's true colors. We saw it once he took over the XPSL from Bonebreak, but never figured it would have lead to this..

I saw Shawn reclassify people the day of an event, against the rules

I've seen him tell people the NPPL didn't need them or their teams, hence the drop in teams

I've witnessed him on the job during events, and it was clear then he didn't care about the players or teams by how he treated them with zero respect. He was concerned with protecting him and his, and not the league.

At the commanders cup, Dave held the captains meeting and he apologized for Shawns actions to all the teams there, and said it was in the past and teams and players wouldn't be treated like that any longer.

Even the PRO Refs for goodness sake, knew the teams were getting screwed and they even apologized to players for it. That says a lot right there.
Old 12-19-2008, 12:49 PM #214
bronc.v2

Quote:
Originally Posted by undrdg View Post
If you played in the NPPL you probably gave your email address when you registerd. if you didn't your team captain did.

I dont think there is anyway for you to have played in the NPPL and not had an ID card.
The NPPL has a privacy policy - they have to. In California any "Personally Identifiable Information" (which is what the law calls it) it required to be protected and the terms of you giving it up clearly specified.

The fact that the NPPL went under and Shawn somehow ended up with that database of email addresses, names, addresses, etc, doesn't make it legal for him to use it.

In fact, it's completely illegal - without the NPPL changing their privacy policy and then the NPPL informing everyone in their database about the change. Then, if they stated it in their new Privacy Policy, they could then "share" your information with legal "affiliates" (i.e. a contract would need to be signed outlining the use of that information).

I'm going to guess none of that happened.

PS. I just know all that crap as I work for an online advertising and marketing company
Old 12-19-2008, 01:31 PM #215
Iceboy

Would you stop with this, they took the NPPL email database to the RPL, it's a fact.

Quote:

Old 12-19-2008, 01:46 PM #216
raehl
NCPA President

raehl is a Moderator
raehl is a Supporting Member
raehl is a founding member
raehl plays in the PSP
raehl is an NCPA National Champion
raehl plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:

I have *NEVER* played NPPL.

I have *NEVER* played XPSL.

In fact, the email address I received Shawn's email at IS NOT EVEN MY PERSONAL EMAIL ADDRESS!

I got it at my business email address, which was on the NPPL email list ONLY, and as an industry member email address.

The *ONLY WAY* that I received Shawn's email is if Shawn used the NPPL email list to send it.

Also, EVEN if you say that my email was obtained as a result of playing, SHAWN DOES NOT OWN ANY OF THAT LIST! The list belongs to Pacific Paintball, period. PAcific Paintball bought the IDPro and owned registermyteam.com. Use of the list is *STEALING*. *PERIOD*.

- Chris

Check Out Paintball on TV!

National Collegiate Paintball Association, President - http://www.ncpapaintball.com

American Paintball Players Association - www.paintball-players.org
Old 12-19-2008, 04:06 PM #217
undrdg
RIP Larry Alexander

the IDPRO.com is not owned by PP.
Old 12-19-2008, 04:23 PM #218
southbaykilla
EC

Quote:

Actually sir you are incorrect. I used my team's address to register and pay for my team's ID this year. The email address that I rec'ed the info on Walkers league was my personal email address that I registered on the NPPL website ONLY.

If I'm not mistaken those are 2 different sources.

Last edited by southbaykilla : 12-19-2008 at 04:29 PM.
Old 12-19-2008, 04:56 PM #219
raehl
NCPA President

raehl is a Moderator
raehl is a Supporting Member
raehl is a founding member
raehl plays in the PSP
raehl is an NCPA National Champion
raehl plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
the IDPRO.com is not owned by PP.
The DOMAIN NAME isn't.

Registration software and data is.

- Chris

Check Out Paintball on TV!

National Collegiate Paintball Association, President - http://www.ncpapaintball.com

American Paintball Players Association - www.paintball-players.org
Old 12-19-2008, 04:57 PM #220
undrdg
RIP Larry Alexander

Then i dont know how he got it. He could have sent that email to a vendor with all the emails in it and that vendor could have replied back to him.

Or he could have cc'd himself in that correspondence.

There are many ways to get a mailing list and not steal it.
Old 12-19-2008, 05:35 PM #221
bronc.v2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronc.v2 View Post
The NPPL has a privacy policy - they have to. In California any "Personally Identifiable Information" (which is what the law calls it) it required to be protected and the terms of you giving it up clearly specified.

The fact that the NPPL went under and Shawn somehow ended up with that database of email addresses, names, addresses, etc, doesn't make it legal for him to use it.

In fact, it's completely illegal - without the NPPL changing their privacy policy and then the NPPL informing everyone in their database about the change. Then, if they stated it in their new Privacy Policy, they could then "share" your information with legal "affiliates" (i.e. a contract would need to be signed outlining the use of that information).

I'm going to guess none of that happened.

PS. I just know all that crap as I work for an online advertising and marketing company
Old 12-19-2008, 05:44 PM #222
Blacc Dragon
Deadbox Savant

Blacc Dragon donated to help Peyton Trent
Blacc Dragon helped look for balloons
Blacc Dragon supports Team VICIOUS
Blacc Dragon posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Then i dont know how he got it. He could have sent that email to a vendor with all the emails in it and that vendor could have replied back to him.

Or he could have cc'd himself in that correspondence.

There are many ways to get a mailing list and not steal it.
Wow, you just really want to believe that he's innocent, don't you?

Both examples that you gave are perfectly legal. And, he would have been legally allowed to do either.

The fact that he then used those addresses(regardless of how they came to him), for solicitation emails is where he again crossed the line.

Regardless of how he came across his mailing list, the ultimate source seems to be the NPPL mailing list(since you have people saying they received said email at an address that was only used for the NPPL website). This again implies stealing from Pacific Paintball on Shawn Walker's part. As you said, there are many ways to get a mailing list without stealing it, but it does not look like Shawn utilized any of them.
Old 12-19-2008, 06:08 PM #223
number1gog

number1gog is a Supporting Member
There's a good new BLamb blog up on thepaintballagenda.blogspot.com. It's worth the read if you have the time (it's a little lengthy, but packed with good info).
Old 12-19-2008, 07:04 PM #224
Blacc Dragon
Deadbox Savant

Quote:
yes i do want to believe he is innocent. so what?
You really want to believe he is guilty dontcha?
No, actually I don't. I have never had any type of interaction with Shawn Walker. I could care less whether he is guilty or not. Neither will affect me. What affects me, is that NPPL is gone. Why NPPL is gone makes no difference to me, the end result is the same regardless of why. Period.

Quote:
It IMPLIES-thank you for saying that-implying does not make you guilty.
You're quite welcome! I'm not accusing him of anything, I'm saying the information presented leaves him with no legal way of obtaining the addresses. And, you're naively trying to imply(there's that word again!) that he obtained the names through no wrongdoing on his part. But even if he obtained the names through one or both of the examples that you gave, he still had no legal right to use them for solicitation purposes. Those names belonged to Pacific Paintball.

Implying does not make someone guilty, anymore than their denial makes them innocent.

For some reason I picture you at your computer like the picture below after most of the posts in this thread:

In my opinion, and this is just my opinion, you should just be quiet and keep your feelings to yourself on this subject(it's too personal for you). You keep flip flopping between "he's guilty" and "he's innocent, you guys just don't know him". It makes you look much more foolish than I believe you to be. You're no longer showing your loyalty, you are now showing your blind allegiance to him through innocence or guilt.

This thread will never prove Shawn's guilt or innocence, it is simply a tool for people to let their feelings out in a constructive manner(some are more effective at being constructive than others). This forums' opinion will not put him to death, or set him free.

Please understand that I am not attacking or flaming you, I am just stating what it looks like to one thread observer.
Old 12-20-2008, 01:17 PM #225
Cupcake

Cupcake is a Supporting Member
has nobody taken into consideration that im sure he, like most people, has his own personal contacts list? which im sure he put every e-mail he could get a hold of into.
just a thought?
Old 12-20-2008, 04:01 PM #226
Blacc Dragon
Deadbox Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake View Post
has nobody taken into consideration that im sure he, like most people, has his own personal contacts list? which im sure he put every e-mail he could get a hold of into.
just a thought?
I think many people have taken that into consideration. But, I also think there have been multiple people that have claimed to receive his email at an address that they only provided to NPPL.
Old 12-20-2008, 04:04 PM #227
southbaykilla
EC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake View Post
just a thought?

I don't think he would have random people who registered ONLY on NPPL website on his personal contact list.

Just a thought
Old 12-20-2008, 04:24 PM #228
shamu

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronc.v2 View Post
Even the PRO Refs for goodness sake, knew the teams were getting screwed and they even apologized to players for it. That says a lot right there.
That's because the refs were getting screwed at the same time. Those of us who had to deal with SW when he was first brought into the league (while Chuck was still president) experienced first hand his level of integrity, or lack thereof. When Shawn took over as president, things only got worse.

(Undrdog - You may come back with some "where's the proof?" line. This is based on direct, first-person experience of working with Shawn and I realy don't care to go into the details. Believe me or don't believe me, I don't care.)
Old 12-23-2008, 08:14 AM #229
Marlene

I only provided my email from watching the web cast over the last 2 years.

I received the same email from shawn that everyone else got, I'm pretty sure PP/NPPL owned the rights to the web cast.