Community Focus

Old 07-15-2005, 03:57 PM #22
I'm_Addicted
snowman FTW

has been a member for 10 years
I'm_Addicted owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD-Fuel
If your a front you need to know how to switch lanes on someone. If your getting laned while going to the fifty by someone right at the break point or someone also running to the fifty this is what you do. Example:

You move over and lane him so he cant lane you. So heres your running path.

That should give you an idea of what to do its pretty simple. And if your backs laning for you when you flip out you should have to worry about getting hit, because you will be open for a small ammount of time and should be as low as you can be while running and gunning then slide into your bunker. If you see paint comming your way dont try and lane him just get to your bunker and just shoot who ever you can. No matter were you are on the field you HAVE to know the angles you can get from your bunker. Especially the angles you get if you have to shoot if your shooting right out of your bunker then you wrap around the bunker on the right side just enough to shoot left. Its quicker and it leaves you open for a short ammount of time. Watch dynasty, they do this alot, this or in a smaller bunker coming up the top very quickly then going back to were you were. Also when you hear paint hitting your bunker dont be afraid to snap out, their shooting your BUNKER not you, this is a good time to snap shoot them once, then pop out and lay a rope down on them if you feel that it would get it done more quickly then snap shooting. Always watch to see if there is paint going by the side of your bunker, thats when you dont peek out. Also remember that you get wider angles the farther you are from your bunker, this means a wider view of the field, but also means your flank is more open, so be careful. I think thats all I have to add.

Josh, stick to your back position

good info though
I'm_Addicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-15-2005, 04:13 PM #23
JD-Fuel

Youd be suprised what happens when you practice with the right people.
JD-Fuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 04:18 PM #24
Frontman#2

ya, good information, kinda pointless but still good info and if there ever was a 50 like that and that exact seniaro happened, that might come in handy......
Frontman#2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 06:56 PM #25
paintballer331
Awaiting Email Confirmation

paintballer331 is a Supporting Member
paintballer331 plays in the PSP
paintballer331 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
paintballer331 plays in the APPA D4 division
might come in handy some day, i would not say it was pointless however
Old 07-25-2005, 02:40 PM #26
APgamer55

the best way to build up speed and endurance when it comes to running is this: do your normal jog, however long (mines roughly 1.5 miles, little less). While you are doing it, jog slowly, then sprint for about 20-25 feet, then jog again until your heart begind to slow down again, then sprint, etc. this way your endurance is increased as well as your fast-twitch muscles, which makes you a faster sprinter. (my trainer told me this since im a WR in football, to help build the speed and endurance)

Note: this is not a recommended for fat back players who want to be front players. this is not really a just-getting-your-ears-wet experience. sudden exposeure to this exercise could lead to pulmonary explosion, aka heart explosion. which means death.
APgamer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 04:13 PM #27
mousek801
Blasé Polar Bear

ill keep my lazy *** to following this pilosophy (sp?) "Well, I shot a guy on the break, then proceeded to shoot half my pack..."
mousek801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 01:27 AM #28
Marich01

Marich01 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
personally i think that if you are gonna bunker someone on the snake you should have one of your players make a move to get his attention and while he shoots at the guy moving to a new bunker go and hit him but you have to be very fast because its a risky move for both you and your team mate so this might not be the best way to go depending on what field setup your playing on and what the lanes are.......but never be afraid to make a move that you think will help your team..........such as when team Dynast played team ton ton a while back one of team ton tons players came past the 50 and if ollie didnt bunker him they probably would have lost that game because that was a key bunker......but make sure you have fun and kick *** while doin it.

WGP PUMP F/S
Marich01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 11:59 PM #29
I'm_Addicted
snowman FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by APgamer55
a WR in football, to help build the speed and endurance)

Note: this is not a recommended for fat back players who want to be front players. this is not really a just-getting-your-ears-wet experience. sudden exposeure to this exercise could lead to pulmonary explosion, aka heart explosion. which means death.

lmfao
Old 08-08-2005, 09:33 AM #30
pbboy12

this is a good thread front players that play the 50 or snake off the break are not common to find ,,,atleast where im from
pbboy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 04:28 PM #31
Imgnthat90

Right on

you got this stuff nailed... but when i play front i love flankin people... for one it scares the piss out of people when a different jersey comes out of nowhere... just haul *** and keep ur head down... also to get good at front, what i did was for about a month if i was playing flag or reg then to play bunker tagging (you tag the opposing person's bunker to get them out) - teaches you to be quick and keep urself low and agile. but yeah... i dont wanna go up against that dude who wrote this fvf... you nailed it
Imgnthat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 05:35 PM #32
paintballer331

paintball today is pretty much all about movement and angles. most of the people you see getting shot are getting shot because a front player made some move on the 50 or 60 and got a insane angle on him. also try "jumping" from bunker to bunker. like if there is a dorito rite next to the snake (there is at my field) you run to the dorito, using it as cover, and you got the other back player ropin' the dorito thinking thats were ur gonna go, then at the last secound you dive out the side of the dorito into the snake. it works almost every time. i have done this all the way to the center bunkers, going rite up the middle. by the time that back figured out wats going on, your in ur primary, giving his fat *** a couple of extra ones while he walks off the field

Last edited by paintballer331 : 11-21-2005 at 05:45 PM.
paintballer331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 06:18 PM #33
dm5bangbang

If you see some one at snake go bunker him. from snake u could easily get to the opponents 30 in the matter of seconds, and that single player would dominate the game. Its not hard. Most of the time ther is going to be more than one player in the the snake, and that player is from the opposing team, play tight and u will survive. That happened to me a couple of weeks ago some kid came to bunker me and I played really tight boom I got him a couple timmes in the mask. When you want to bunker some one don't shoot at their bunker while you are going there. They would know your comming. Don't bunker on a 1v1 because you will get trashed.
dm5bangbang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 04:04 AM #34
NoMercyM82

Im with paintballer. It's all about angles and movement. Pick a good run and when you pick it dont hesitate. If you do new front players (maybe mid) will get scared and stay. So pick a point and plan ahead. Think to yourself "Going 40 Dorito, have back center lane the snake hunter and then ill bump. And when you do, run like theres no tomorrow.
NoMercyM82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 04:03 PM #35
paintballer331

also when bunkering you have to have the element of suprise, which is pretty much a no brainer. the best time to nail him is rite as soon as he has gotten into his bunker or after he has got comfortable. if someone comes to the same bunker as me, i barely wait till after i come out of my slide to bunker him. this way he A) might not even know you are there B)even if he does know ur there he wont be expecting the bunker so soon.
Old 08-12-2005, 05:37 PM #36
I'm_Addicted
snowman FTW

This is good info, and JD is right, if you play with the right people you get insanely better.

p.s. I play snake
Old 08-12-2005, 07:08 PM #37
Rm_Guru

Yep, believe it or not, getting slaughtered is a great way to get better.
Rm_Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 01:04 PM #38
paintballer331

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rm_Guru
Yep, believe it or not, getting slaughtered is a great way to get better.
QFT
Old 09-04-2005, 04:18 PM #39
Assassin69

Quote:
Originally Posted by FollowTheLeader
stickey. well done. what about mid player 101?
yea... someone make one wheres it at?
Assassin69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 05:29 PM #40
paintballer331

if you want to play mid, you fill in for who dies, you be flexible and play both positions. alot of it is supression fire and then filling in for some one when they die.

ie i am supposed to go to a 30 beercan and cover my snake guy. i lane a little off the break, run 'n gun to the 30, then take out anyone who threatens my snake player. if the snake player does die and i have eliminated all or most of the threats to me, i superman into the snake and play snake for the rest of the game. and if i die.......i go give the field owner a upper deck for bad reffing... j/k. you get the picture.
Old 09-10-2005, 06:40 PM #41
A.O.D.snakerunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin69
yea... someone make one wheres it at?
check my midplayer101 thread.2nd page i think.
A.O.D.snakerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 05:38 PM #42
paintballer331

here is ur damn midplayer 101:
You fill in for who dies. if your down on players, you play defensive back type position. if your up, help ur fronts out so they can go and shove their barrels up the other team ***. help relay information, communicate. there, ur done.