PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-24-2013, 02:33 PM #1
Not Just For Boys

Not Just For Boys has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Not Just For Boys has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Noid leak

So I thought it was a Hyper 2 leak but after taking it apart, we believe it's the noid. It's still leaking and as soon as the gas runs through it, the bolt sticks. Not sure if it's the gasket or the whole noid? Is there a way to tell for sure which it is? All the o-rings were lubed inside the entire gun and they all looked good so none of them were replaced.

Thanks!

Last edited by Not Just For Boys : 02-24-2013 at 07:04 PM.
Not Just For Boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-24-2013, 08:14 PM #2
Bobtheballer
wanabe gunwhore

Bobtheballer owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
The bolt sticks... as in shoots forward and stays there as soon you put air into the gun? If that's the case then it's your LPR needs to be turned up and you don't have to do anything else.

Even if the orings look fine, they can still be worn down and small tears that you wouldn't notice and need to be replaced. As far as the noid gasket, those almost never go bad, unless you rip it in half when taking the noid off and the noids themselves are pretty tough so it's not very likely that it's the noid
Old 02-24-2013, 09:55 PM #3
Not Just For Boys

Yeah it shoots forward and stays. I'll take the LPR out and the bolt and replace all o-rings. I made the mistake of storing it (for at least 3 years) with the battery still in it. I didn't realize it was in there, it wasn't corroded but I did take it out and replace it with a new battery before even trying to turn the gun on. Do you think this may have affected the noid?

Thank you very much for your help! I'm really hoping I don't have to replace it since the gun is so old that $80 to replace it is steep for a 7 year old gun but it hasn't even had a case of paint through it. I'm the original owner.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:57 AM #4
Not Just For Boys

Okay so I don't think it's the noid at all. I tightened and loosened the Hyper 2 and the LPR all the way, then loosened each to 1 turn. This stopped the leak. However, now the gun will not fire at all but when loosened more than 1 turn it starts leaking out what feels like the bolt but still will not fire.

I'm so confused.