PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-02-2008, 05:16 PM #43
OMaLLeY

has been a member for 10 years
OMaLLeY owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
I understand your view point, I have seen corporate embezzement and steals to amounts that would make your head spin, and i agree with it. But lets looks at everything,
you said "Bruce was furious when he found out Shawn paid for it with a company check.The day Bruce asked Shawn to explain what that check was for and Shawn told him that the company had bought his turf, is the day he was fired." <Bruce should be furious! Yes, it wasn't cool if that IS what Shawn did, but Shawn did, according to you tell Bruce about the turf when asked and was then fired. So the hiding it part really doesn't hold that much water. Shawn was asked and then answered truthfully, then got fired. Nothing wrong w/ all of that. Instant Karma if you will. But it is hear say from you... Sorry.
Next you said "Was he spending company money on himself without authorization and then hiding it, yes. I can't agree w/ the hiding it part fo your statement, you stated earlier that Shawn was asked and he said that he did spend the money on turf and then was fired. So did he hide it...Well at least not when he was asked.

Also" Could you spin that to make me look like a person who wants to spread lies, yes. Would that make you right, no." I didn't "spin" anything.

"And as far as people not calling you back. Pacific closed the doors Monday and phones and emails have been turned off for the most part. Im not sure about cell phones." I do have their cel phone #'s and left messages. I got return calls from every one else I called, not Scott Pierce... Or Bruce.

It's easier to blame the guy who is still around, and more fun i guess.. At least you'll have some one to yell at i guess... Or have a face in the crowd to point a finger at.

Yes Shawn is a friend, and so I thought of Scott, Bruce more of an acquaintance, but i got an e-mail, after hours of work and meetings regarding Rockstar, paintball and the plans for 09, to be told that the league is done...

Truth be told, any one making such statements about any one any where i would say the same thing...

Stop, look the complete picture, treat other how you would like to be treated, and seriously look at who is saying that some one is "bad" and what has that person's action, or in actions has resulted in or refused to take responsibility for...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonLambertson909 View Post
Look Shawn, I know you and Walker are tight, and your going to defend your friend like a good friend would. That's expected. What good things Shawn did in the past, really has nothing to do with what he did recently. Yes, a lot of money issues were mismanagement, but he spent COMPANY money on things for himself WITHOUT the approval of the people he was getting the money from. Ask him how he paid for his turf grass in his backyard. Bruce was furious when he found out Shawn paid for it with a company check.The day Bruce asked Shawn to explain what that check was for and Shawn told him that the company had bought his turf, is the day he was fired. I don't really care if you want to spin it to make that not look like stealing from the company, but how I was raised, that is exactly what you call it. Was he embezzling millions of dollars, no. Was he spending company money on himself without authorization and then hiding it, yes. Could you spin that to make me look like a person who wants to spread lies, yes. Would that make you right, no.

I didn't pull this out of my arse, and if you don't want to believe it, then don't, but it happened. I'm not one to go around falsely accusing people of things this serious.

And as far as people not calling you back. Pacific closed the doors Monday and phones and emails have been turned off for the most part. Im not sure about cell phones.
Advertisement
Old 12-02-2008, 05:17 PM #44
OMaLLeY

OMaLLeY owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy Q View Post
PS, it was Dan Bonebrake that built the GWS, not Shawn.
I did not say that, Shawn took over the GWS and made it into the XPSL.... Which was not perfect.. But better IMO...
Old 12-02-2008, 05:18 PM #45
BrandonLambertson909

BrandonLambertson909 is a Supporting Member
BrandonLambertson909 is a Professional paintball player
Missy, I wasnt trying to put all the blame on him, and I don't think it was entirely Shawns fault either. I just wanted people to know that he isn't the person everyone thinks he is. He did some underhanded things and people should be cautious in future dealings with him. Shawn misusing the money isnt' the single reason Bruce called it quits, but being duped like that didn't help any.

Support the unity of the paintball industry, wear your WOLF SHIRT:
http://thepaintballagenda.blogspot.com/
Old 12-02-2008, 05:19 PM #46
undrdg
RIP Larry Alexander

Brandon

My sources tell me that said turf you are speaking of was a gift from Evan Money for buying all the turf for the events.
Now i have known Shawn longer than you have worked with or for him and i can tell you that things are probably not as you think they are.
If money was/is missing, then perhaps something else is going on. Its not like someone can just write a check a-la-carte and not have to justify it. There was an accounting department wasn't there?
If so there is always a money trail.
However, look at the demise of major corporations lately and ask yourself this; who would be in a better positions to steal money? The president of a company or someone in the accounting dept who can play and manipulate ledgers and balance sheets?

I still refuse to think that someone like Shawn would steal from the very thing he helped create.

Mike is right, let blame be assigned where it really goes. Its easy to scapegoat 1 person rather than lay blame to a group of people. It is even easier to choose the attacking side of a mutiny too.

While it is understandable that you are your loved ones are upset at this, I wouldn't try to discredit those without full knowledge of what is going on.
Old 12-02-2008, 05:28 PM #47
BrandonLambertson909

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMaLLeY View Post
I understand your view point, I have seen corporate embezzement and steals to amounts that would make your head spin, and i agree with it. But lets looks at everything,
you said "Bruce was furious when he found out Shawn paid for it with a company check.The day Bruce asked Shawn to explain what that check was for and Shawn told him that the company had bought his turf, is the day he was fired." <Bruce should be furious! Yes, it wasn't cool if that IS what Shawn did, but Shawn did, according to you tell Bruce about the turf when asked and was then fired. So the hiding it part really doesn't hold that much water. Shawn was asked and then answered truthfully, then got fired. Nothing wrong w/ all of that. Instant Karma if you will. But it is hear say from you... Sorry.
Next you said "Was he spending company money on himself without authorization and then hiding it, yes. I can't agree w/ the hiding it part fo your statement, you stated earlier that Shawn was asked and he said that he did spend the money on turf and then was fired. So did he hide it...Well at least not when he was asked.

Also" Could you spin that to make me look like a person who wants to spread lies, yes. Would that make you right, no." I didn't "spin" anything.

"And as far as people not calling you back. Pacific closed the doors Monday and phones and emails have been turned off for the most part. Im not sure about cell phones." I do have their cel phone #'s and left messages. I got return calls from every one else I called, not Scott Pierce... Or Bruce.

It's easier to blame the guy who is still around, and more fun i guess.. At least you'll have some one to yell at i guess... Or have a face in the crowd to point a finger at.

Yes Shawn is a friend, and so I thought of Scott, Bruce more of an acquaintance, but i got an e-mail, after hours of work and meetings regarding Rockstar, paintball and the plans for 09, to be told that the league is done...

Truth be told, any one making such statements about any one any where i would say the same thing...

Stop, look the complete picture, treat other how you would like to be treated, and seriously look at who is saying that some one is "bad" and what has that person's action, or in actions has resulted in or refused to take responsibility for...
Sorry Mike, to clearify something. The turf was bought last year before the current controller who handled the financials was working there. During the time Scott was there looking into things, the check was found and brought into question. So, if you want to look at it as him not hiding it because he was never asked about it, then you win. But thats not the right way to look at it. We both know that.

Old 12-02-2008, 05:29 PM #48
JWear

**** shawn!!!!
I dont play nppl I play psp but I feel bad for all the teams that got screwed over!
Old 12-02-2008, 05:34 PM #49
Iceboy

So a kickback? That doesn't help your case much.

No one is blaming one person for the demise of NPPL. Weakness in character are being pointed out, and ethical realities are simply being brought to the surface.
Old 12-02-2008, 05:40 PM #50
undrdg
RIP Larry Alexander

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonLambertson909 View Post
Sorry Mike, to clearify something. The turf was bought last year before the current controller who handled the financials was working there. During the time Scott was there looking into things, the check was found and brought into question. So, if you want to look at it as him not hiding it because he was never asked about it, then you win. But thats not the right way to look at it. We both know that.
so what you are saying is that the current controller didn't know or do anything about that check until Scott started looking into it and so far that is the only evidence so far?

You can't seriously hang that one check against the millions of dollars that have been flowing through PP over the last 3 years.

What if...and i am just throwing this out there...what if shawn got fired cuz the nppl couldn't pay him anymore. they where going broke anway. I am pretty sure his salary was the first one on the chopping block anway.
Old 12-02-2008, 05:41 PM #51
undrdg
RIP Larry Alexander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceboy View Post
So a kickback? That doesn't help your case much.

No one is blaming one person for the demise of NPPL. Weakness in character are being pointed out, and ethical realities are simply being brought to the surface.
A kickback is NOT even on the same planet as stealing.

And it does seem that one person is being blamed.
Old 12-02-2008, 05:48 PM #52
BrandonLambertson909

Quote:
Originally Posted by undrdg View Post
Brandon

My sources tell me that said turf you are speaking of was a gift from Evan Money for buying all the turf for the events.
Now i have known Shawn longer than you have worked with or for him and i can tell you that things are probably not as you think they are.
If money was/is missing, then perhaps something else is going on. Its not like someone can just write a check a-la-carte and not have to justify it. There was an accounting department wasn't there?
If so there is always a money trail.
However, look at the demise of major corporations lately and ask yourself this; who would be in a better positions to steal money? The president of a company or someone in the accounting dept who can play and manipulate ledgers and balance sheets?

I still refuse to think that someone like Shawn would steal from the very thing he helped create.

Mike is right, let blame be assigned where it really goes. Its easy to scapegoat 1 person rather than lay blame to a group of people. It is even easier to choose the attacking side of a mutiny too.

While it is understandable that you are your loved ones are upset at this, I wouldn't try to discredit those without full knowledge of what is going on.
No offense nando, but isn't a "source" pretty much hearsay. As far as accounting went. There two people handleing the finacials before Mark came, in I believe May of last year, and Bruce never looked at the financials. When the controller got there, he had a web of financials to go through. Your right, more people were to blame than just Shawn, but Shawn played a part as well.

Old 12-02-2008, 05:48 PM #53
Iceboy

You are getting way too hung up on the turf thing. We don't care if you don't want to believe what kind of person Shawn is. Think what you want about him, just hope he doesn't burn you next. I don't mean that in a flippant manner either, I sincerely hope that you don't have to find out the hard way.

And that's enough on that topic. Both sides have made their case, it's clear no minds will be changed on a forum.
Old 12-02-2008, 05:51 PM #54
southbaykilla
EC

Sounds like brandon may know more than u undrdg. instead of asking ??? on pbn call your friend Shawn and ask him these questions. Maybe he will be honest.........doubt it

It's just unfortunate that so many young men and women put so much time into this sport to have it end. many r angry and just venting.
Old 12-02-2008, 05:54 PM #55
undrdg
RIP Larry Alexander

Iceboy
the thing is that you DO believe Shawn IS that kind of person when he is not. So the same goes to you. Why do you want to scapegoat this guy? Why should i find out the hard way when i have known this guy for almost 10 years and you don't know him at all.

What is being said in this forum in Libelous and can hurt a person's future in
the business.

Look at this way. If you where the one being accused of something you didn't do, wouldn't you want to set the record straight? I knwo i would.
Old 12-02-2008, 05:57 PM #56
undrdg
RIP Larry Alexander

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbaykilla View Post
Sounds like brandon may know more than u undrdg. instead of asking ??? on pbn call your friend Shawn and ask him these questions. Maybe he will be honest.........doubt it

It's just unfortunate that so many young men and women put so much time into this sport to have it end. many r angry and just venting.
Perhaps he does know more than me. But there is always the chance that i might also know a bit more than him. Whether you believe me or not is up to you. But i know im not the only one sticking up for him.

If you choose to believe what is being said, the im sorry for you, because this just proves that you cant' trust anyone.

However, I prefer to err on the safe side, and i prefer to have faith in my fellow man, that there is still good in this world. And i will continue to defend until proven wrong.

So far the people I have spoken to have told me quite the opposite of what brandon has alluded to. And yes, these people also worked for PP.
Old 12-02-2008, 05:57 PM #57
southbaykilla
EC

Well let shawn set the record straight.......It can only hurt a person's future in the business if it's unture..........Let Shawn take care of it and just drop it. No one is going to change their minds about Shawn. When all the dust settles everyone will find out the truth.
Old 12-02-2008, 06:07 PM #58
undrdg
RIP Larry Alexander

Why would he. Plus, he shouldn't have to.
Old 12-02-2008, 06:18 PM #59
Fox4paintball
Home of upTon 187 cRew

Fox4paintball is a Moderator
Fox4paintball is a Professional paintball player
 plays in the NXL
undrdg - assuming you're right and he didn't do any of those things Brandon is talking about then I would assume Mr. Walker is a stand up guy and would want to "Clear" his good name. On the other hand - if he's the Snake that Brandon makes him out to be I would imagine he'd do what Snakes do - hide in their hole and wait to ambush someone else.
Old 12-02-2008, 06:37 PM #60
Malitov
Ready for some pain?

Malitov owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Malitov has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Malitov has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
All i can say is if Bruce is this big time business man then how the hell did one person dupe him so badly? If Mr. Walker did use company funds for personal uses without approval then that is stealing. Shawn may have stolen or misused company money but Bruce is a multi millionaire he should have caught it. Shawn may have went out of his in screwing the company over but it wasn't just him. ALOT more than just one person is to blame.

Co-Captain Knights Templar
Old 12-02-2008, 06:37 PM #61
undrdg
RIP Larry Alexander

Dave
I don't claim to be an expert on Shawn Walkers way of dealing with hearsay, but lets just say for arguments sake he doesn't come in here and clear up his "good name". That doesn't make him any less innocent than he already is.

Now I didn't work for PP, but, could it be possible there is more than mr lamberston is willing to say or know?

It is entirely plausible that someone else did those things and hid them from everyone.
Could be possible that this same person poisoned other individuals to believe that shawn was the responsible party?

Seems just as likely as a scenario as the one Mr. Lambertson is speaking of, wouldn't you say?
Old 12-02-2008, 06:52 PM #62
cinoba

cinoba works for a Paintball manufacturer
Decisions make the ship sink or swim. Unfortunately, mutiny came after the fallout since now is the time not to think of your job now that it is gone. Allot of pointing fingers however allot of personal request for getting the job done did not come to effect when it ended up in hands of Walker. I too am not saying its all walkers fault, however what just happened could not come at a worst time. We are looking at future now, and what we have is what we got. If the PSP is the next step, then we step with them forward not backward. Lets all just learn from this. Also know that its up to us to play, and if we don't feel inclined to love it, speak about and be about it.

HATING WONT CHANGE A DAMN THING
knowledge is power
Old 12-02-2008, 06:59 PM #63
undrdg
RIP Larry Alexander

Knowledge is indeed power, but doing a doing a bad job is a far cry from stealing and misappropriating funds.

I just want the record to state the Shawn is innocent of stealing.
THere is a big difference in being accused of being a bad manager or a thief.