Old 01-16-2013, 12:16 PM #22
blackychan

has been a member for 10 years
blackychan has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
blackychan supports Shocker RSX
blackychan supports Ninja Paintball
what are the most common problems clone Gt's
what are the most common problems Geo3's
"We aren’t out to take it in the *** from the first person who wants to give us a shinny new nickel. We aren’t out to make the self appointed dick head team politicians famous. We are a team of players for the players. Our goal is to redefine the old ideas of how paintball should be played, even if it is just among a few." uprising nation
uprising support

DIAMOND HI
LL REIGN

PDX VEXX!!!!1st place 2012 NPPL World Champ D4 Race-to
PDX VEXX 2nd place WCPPL D4
blackychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-16-2013, 12:23 PM #23
#1WoodsBaller

#1WoodsBaller is playing at Living Legends V
#1WoodsBaller owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippin35 View Post
Not too familiar with cars so Im not gonna touch that.

Gt shares most directly with the clone vx and other highend spools like the dms

Out of the box numbers were around 10 pods, not broken in or tuned.
Fair enough-I certainly don't know as much about paintball markers as you do but to say a Geo3 is the same as a G4 seems to be oversimplifying things. Just like me saying that because the basic technology of my truck's engine is the same as a corvette they are the same.

I feel sure that there are Low/mid end guns that share similar tech with the GT but are not deemed the same.

Geo 2's are gas hogs, I have one so I know, but a Geo3 is capable of close to the same effeciency as the GT....

https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...048&highlight=

Again not trolling just looking for some clarity.

WTB or Trade for Grey Racing Strap PM Me!!
#1WoodsBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:24 PM #24
#1WoodsBaller

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackychan View Post
Excellent question

Old 01-16-2013, 12:26 PM #25
blueshifty
John - conscious paradox

Quote:
Early noids have a weak coil... later models have very few issues. It also seems there was a bad batch of OLEDs; replacement is $30 or covered by warranty. Things that can be fixed.

Quote:
Lackluster performance. Things that can't be fixed.

blueshifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:39 PM #26
#1WoodsBaller

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshifty View Post
Early noids have a weak coil... later models have very few issues. It also seems there was a bad batch of OLEDs; replacement is $30 or covered by warranty. Things that can be fixed.

Weak LOL...

Old 01-16-2013, 12:52 PM #27
Zippin35

Zippin35 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Zippin35 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1WoodsBaller View Post
Fair enough-I certainly don't know as much about paintball markers as you do but to say a Geo3 is the same as a G4 seems to be oversimplifying things. Just like me saying that because the basic technology of my truck's engine is the same as a corvette they are the same.

I feel sure that there are Low/mid end guns that share similar tech with the GT but are not deemed the same.

Geo 2's are gas hogs, I have one so I know, but a Geo3 is capable of close to the same effeciency as the GT....

https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...048&highlight=

Again not trolling just looking for some clarity.
Fair enough, however a car engine and a paintball gun don't seem to be close enough to really compare like we are trying to. The fact is that the Geo is the only high-end priced spool that uses an unbalanced drive system, it is comparable to a drone dx and many other mid level spools. Sure they have a nicer noid, a nice reg, some sweet colors and milling but the drive is closest to that of a gun in the $3-400 range. There very well may be balanced low end spools, I dont know that much about spools to know the market that in depth, perhaps someone else on here could help with that.
New England Crusade #35
Bored? On Facebook? Come join my group Paintball Gear for Sale!
Zippin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:16 PM #28
The_Mays_PB27

The_Mays_PB27 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
The_Mays_PB27 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
The_Mays_PB27 is for the Gunfight
Getting great responses!! Continue commenting i really am interested in both guns but it will probably come down to how i like the feel and how they shoot! Still open to suggestions
The_Mays_PB27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:38 PM #29
enemy master

I got my gt and it worked great no breaks, NO FSDO, and no barrel break.
enemy master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:00 PM #30
blueshifty
John - conscious paradox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippin35 View Post
Fair enough, however a car engine and a paintball gun don't seem to be close enough to really compare like we are trying to. The fact is that the Geo is the only high-end priced spool that uses an unbalanced drive system, it is comparable to a drone dx and many other mid level spools. Sure they have a nicer noid, a nice reg, some sweet colors and milling but the drive is closest to that of a gun in the $3-400 range. There very well may be balanced low end spools, I dont know that much about spools to know the market that in depth, perhaps someone else on here could help with that.
Really the geo isn't even the first high end blowforward... the ICD freestyle is probably the original but it had an LPR. The even funnier part is that the real originator of this design was actually the automag.

As for balanced spools... well, I can't really think of any low-end balanced guns. Matrices, quests, droids/ clones and luxes all fit in this category.

Old 01-16-2013, 05:14 PM #31
Lobotomizer
Lockin Down with PE

Lobotomizer owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Lobotomizer has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:

Just seeing your post makes it apparent that you are a macdev fan and a macdev fan only. The issues with the geo3 is really only the efficiency. It has no FSDO, and it most definitely has no noid problems.

Im gonna give you the universal answer, They are both great guns, go get your hands on both and shoot both of them. It's all preference, how big your hands are, if you like a heavier gun, if you like more kick, there is so many variables into picking your favorite gun.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:39 PM #32
PRattack

PRattack plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
PRattack owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
PRattack plays in the APPA D5 division
Clone GT all the way!!! I just can say give it a try, and you never look back again!!! ;-)
PRattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:46 PM #33
Hebiki
Hebiki Design Works

CloneGT because I'll trade in a little maintenance work for a significantly smoother shot.
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:14 PM #34
blueshifty
John - conscious paradox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobotomizer View Post
Just seeing your post makes it apparent that you are a macdev fan and a macdev fan only. The issues with the geo3 is really only the efficiency. It has no FSDO, and it most definitely has no noid problems.

Im gonna give you the universal answer, They are both great guns, go get your hands on both and shoot both of them. It's all preference, how big your hands are, if you like a heavier gun, if you like more kick, there is so many variables into picking your favorite gun.
Lol. You really know nothing, but I don't even own a MacDev gun anymore. I have a few BL guns and a quest... nice try though. Bottom line is that the drone shoots on par with a geo and is what... $700 less? I wouldn't take the argument that the geo is on par with clones and luxes.

Shoot them both and you'll find that the clone is smoother, quieter and more efficient.

Last edited by blueshifty : 01-16-2013 at 09:19 PM.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:25 PM #35
xmagman
MacDev Militia

xmagman supports Team VICIOUS
xmagman is for the Gunfight
xmagman has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Shoot them both and you'll find that the clone is smoother, quieter and more efficient.
This. I have shot every Geo model out there and none of them have impressed me. The Geo is lacking in shot quality and efficiency...simple as that. You may call me a MacDev fanboy...Im OK with that. But I prefer a gun that performs at the price level I paid for. There are other spoolies (Luxe, DMs, etc) out there that are on par with the Clone GT...the Geo just isnt one of them. I would rather shoot a Drone which will give pretty much the exact same level of performance for a lot lower price point. And with the extra cash you can put a Tadao board into it and still buy something nice for your girlfriend.

MacDev Clone GTi
MacDev Droid

Shooting MacDev guns since 2006!

Ryukyu Kings Paintball Team
xmagman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:07 PM #36
robbielight
strivepb.com FOLLOW!

robbielight is playing at Living Legends V
robbielight posts videos on PbNation
robbielight plays in the APPA D1 division
robbielight has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
i owned both.
Literally just sold both within the month, loved em both, amazing gats each.

I liked the GT cause of the amazingly smooth and quiet shot, i hated the stock trigger so i upp'd to the VP, and yes even with PSPs 12.5 idc. I like me a nice trigger lol. Maintenance was a bit longer but still, its all worth it. The only thing i disliked was the ergos of the gun. I didnt like the way it felt in my hands. and i didnt like how the grip felt like plastic.

The geo 3, just like all planet eclipse guns, super reliable, super easy to maintain, and gets the job done. Nothing too spectacular of the gun but i do like the asa lol. The shot is soft as well but not like the gt. The ergos and trigger on the gun feels great.

OVERALL, its personal preference. I liked the GT cause the shot and i liked the geo 3 cause it felt good in my hands. They both shoot great, and have there own unique shot. but to me, every spool valve gun shoots the same while im in game, so i dont even really notice anymore. But i do definitely like a gun that feels great in my hands. If your going to be playing point after point in a long day of paintball, you best have somethin that your comfy with.

ripstixsupplements.com
robbielight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:18 AM #37
Lobotomizer
Lockin Down with PE

Lobotomizer owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Lobotomizer has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:

Lol. You really know nothing, but I don't even own a MacDev gun anymore. I have a few BL guns and a quest... nice try though. Bottom line is that the drone shoots on par with a geo and is what... $700 less? I wouldn't take the argument that the geo is on par with clones and luxes.

We all have our opinions and preferences, but my ingame experience led me to say that. I would argue that with the geo lacks some specs that the gt has, but makes up for it in reliability. You could put rocks in the gun and still shoot it.(and I'm not doing that, it happened to my teammate in a scenario game). The gt has a phenomenal shot. But I sold it when my noid started to have issues.(might not occur now if they released better noid in their guns, I personally have no idea if they did. Haven't researched it in awhile)

Now if you say the geo doesn't preform at a level with the luxe and gt, there is a reason for all of its success. It is very consistent, never leaked on me,(beside my geo+ but the kinks have been worked out since then.) and with the adjustable noid, you can get the smoothest shooting geo you will ever get your hands on. And saying this I don't own a geo3, I have a luxe and I'm not looking back, but over MY personal experience, call me crazy, insult me all ya want, but the geo3 due to reliability, gets my vote, if the gt has better noids now someone correct we and then the gt gets my vote.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:25 AM #38
xmagman
MacDev Militia

Quote:
if the gt has better noids now someone correct we and then the gt gets my vote.
The noid issue on the GTs was corrected quite awhile ago. Mine did have that issue, I sent it in, got it back and smooth shooting ever since. Any new GT that is bought will have the new noids.

MacDev Clone GTi
MacDev Droid

Old 01-17-2013, 08:12 AM #39
blueshifty
John - conscious paradox

Quote:
We all have our opinions and preferences, but my ingame experience led me to say that. I would argue that with the geo lacks some specs that the gt has, but makes up for it in reliability. You could put rocks in the gun and still shoot it.(and I'm not doing that, it happened to my teammate in a scenario game). The gt has a phenomenal shot. But I sold it when my noid started to have issues.(might not occur now if they released better noid in their guns, I personally have no idea if they did. Haven't researched it in awhile)

Now if you say the geo doesn't preform at a level with the luxe and gt, there is a reason for all of its success. It is very consistent, never leaked on me,(beside my geo+ but the kinks have been worked out since then.) and with the adjustable noid, you can get the smoothest shooting geo you will ever get your hands on. And saying this I don't own a geo3, I have a luxe and I'm not looking back, but over MY personal experience, call me crazy, insult me all ya want, but the geo3 due to reliability, gets my vote, if the gt has better noids now someone correct we and then the gt gets my vote.
The only time in game I notice kick at all is laning off the break, run-and-gun and making cross field shots... playing mid those are 3 very important elements of my game. I can say though that I have always like the feel of a poppet cycle (snappy and crisp) vs that of a spool (soft and squishy) but I hate seeing the bolt move and usually the LPR protruding from the front annoys me as well. The BL marq line is what suits my personal preferences best. The new clone noids have a white mid section (vs a red one) and have a "M" on them and are rock solid. I'm not saying I hate the geo, but I don't believe it's price point is justified. The drone is equally reliable, shoots as smooth once broken in and is under half the price (even with a clone OLED board added).

Old 01-17-2013, 09:28 AM #40
erikguti

erikguti donated to help Peyton Trent
erikguti owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
erikguti supports Team VICIOUS
erikguti is for the Gunfight
erikguti is for the Gunfight
erikguti owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
For me the Gt is the Most amazing maker right now !!! i can shoot 5-6 cases without lubing the bolt!!! when i have to lube it it takes 1 to 2 minutes to lube the bolt system!! 2 World cup shooting macdev makers without breaking a Single ball... so this is a good point to buy a macdev maker if you play tournoment!!!

Geos !! i had the geo1 and geo 2!! played with the geo 3 for one day!!!
i prefer the geo 1 i dont know why!! but i think all the geo are good makers but i feel more performance in the GT!! Geos feel like a Horse when shooting if you compare it with Clones, Gts, Dms!! ... but hey some people like that feeling in their guns!!

Last edited by erikguti : 01-17-2013 at 09:35 AM.
erikguti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:54 PM #41
blklight
Battle Rapping

blklight plays in the PSP
blklight plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
FSDO
Screen comes loose from board
Screen stops working
Noid issues (2 local guys have had to send in GTs)
Price

Quote:
Price (but still cheaper than GT)

PAINTBALL CLUB OF CHOCTAW
http://paintballclubofchoctaw.com
blklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:17 PM #42
xmagman
MacDev Militia

Quote:
Originally Posted by blklight View Post
GT
FSDO - Due to improper lubing. GTs require very little lube.
Screen comes loose from board - Dont see how this is happening with the grips on. There is little to no play room.
Screen stops working - This is a recent issue that has been resolved for new off the shelf GTs. And for anyone who has a GT with a bad screen can get it fixed under warrany.
Noid issues (2 local guys have had to send in GTs) - I had this issue back in April. Sent mine in and it was fixed rather quickly. Been smooth shooting ever since. Any new GTs wont have this issue.
Price - This is a matter of opinion. But you get what you pay for.

Geo3
Price (but still cheaper than GT) - Only $50 cheaper and still well within the same price point.
Comments in bold.

MacDev Clone GTi
MacDev Droid