Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: How much are you willing to pay for a case of Paint?
35 32 19.05%
40 60 35.71%
50 65 38.69%
60 62 36.90%
70 21 12.50%
80 5 2.98%
90 1 0.60%
100 3 1.79%
150 6 3.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-19-2012, 09:27 PM #64
BiG MaN KemP
Custom User Title

BiG MaN KemP has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
.10 cents per shot.
2000 balls.
.10 X 2000 = 200

i hope to god none of you are paying 200 a case.... it's more like 2-5 depending on price. Hell 60 (which usually get me marbs, redemption, evil, ultra evil, premium) is only .03 a shot. now given that's still a **** ton of money. most of the time i do 35-40 a case and wind up with Graffiti, shoots tits and is on par with rps premium
Advertisement
Old 10-19-2012, 09:52 PM #65
Tempted (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG MaN KemP View Post
.10 cents per shot.
2000 balls.
.10 X 2000 = 200

i hope to god none of you are paying 200 a case....
The sad truth is this: http://www.tntpaintball.com/prices.php

Pricelist
(Subject to change without notice)

Paintballs *

100 / $10.00
500 / $45.00
1,000 / $85.00
2,000 / $160.00

* TNT Paintball is a Field Paint Only (FPO) facility. Please do not bring any outside paintballs; their use is not permitted. Violators will be asked to leave immediately with no refund!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG MaN KemP View Post
it's more like 2-5 depending on price. Hell 60 (which usually get me marbs, redemption, evil, ultra evil, premium) is only .03 a shot. now given that's still a **** ton of money. most of the time i do 35-40 a case and wind up with Graffiti, shoots tits and is on par with rps premium
Its the argument I've been making this whole time. If I had to pay $180-200 per case I'd never play again.
Tempted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:57 PM #66
Tempted (Banned)

By the way, that price does not include air or field fees, or rentals. They charge $30 for a rental package, but the rental package does not include any paint. The minimum you can spend at that field to buy one bag of paint($45) and play is $75.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:02 PM #67
Horizon

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempted View Post
Look as I've said before, the one and only reason I'm as avid as I am about this is because of his new player abuse. If he were just to admit that he screws people on prices it would have been left alone. But its the fact that he tries to argue about it helping players rather than hurting him. Its taking advantage of new players, the same players that this sport relies on, at an extreme level and the trying to justify it.

His business model is, in no uncertain terms, "We charge you much more because it makes it more fun and helps you". But the truth of it is he is removing players. If you ask someone who plays once a month why they don't play every weekend, the unanimous answer is "It costs too much".
Well, you keep running around shouting if you like. All I know is that in my area and in other areas that I am aware of, the higher paintball cost/lower paintball usage business model is attracting more players to their fields than the lower paintball cost/higher usage business model. It may not make sense to you and you may not like that we are attracting more players, but so be it. It really doesn't matter to me that you don't understand and/or don't like it. As far as I'm concerned, if we end up with more participants at the field, that's a good thing.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 01:37 AM #68
universal_dave
TIP#001

universal_dave is playing at Living Legends VIII
universal_dave owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
universal_dave owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
universal_dave has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
universal_dave has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
universal_dave owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Look as I've said before, the one and only reason I'm as avid as I am about this is because of his new player abuse. If he were just to admit that he screws people on prices it would have been left alone. But its the fact that he tries to argue about it helping players rather than hurting him. Its taking advantage of new players, the same players that this sport relies on, at an extreme level and the trying to justify it.
No matter how many times you repeat it, you're still wrong. Just because *you* won't pay that price does not mean anyone is being taken advantage of.

It really is remarkable how dense you are on this particular topic. It's kind of a marvel.

Tim2Thousand4 is shady, his word doesn't mean anything. If you had a good experience with him, my opinion is that you got lucky.

GSL | CSL | SLS | SL8R | VCom | G6r | Insight | Victus | Lance #1
universal_dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:07 AM #69
Tempted (Banned)

I think the numbers speak for themselves.
Old 10-20-2012, 02:56 AM #70
rexisme

rexisme supports DLX Technology
Quote:
To quote you,"Did you go full term in the womb, or were you challenged by something?"

A business cannot be profitable/survive relying only on "new" customers. He must be doing something right. I mean, with your vast knowledge in business you surely should know this, correct?

To quote you again, "I think the numbers speak for themselves."
Old 10-20-2012, 06:24 AM #71
oldschool45

Horizon, nice facility http://www.tntpaintball.com/index.php pity it is a bit of a drive for me to go play it.
I remember paying $100 + for a case & playing outlaw ball with no refs and no facilities.

Tempted, before I make any assumptions how do you make your money? I don't really care I do IT work. I'm just trying to figure out where you get your understanding of business accounting, ROI & opportunity costs.
oldschool45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:53 AM #72
JoshC90

JoshC90 supports Team VICIOUS
This thread is great, cananda's got some fuqed off paint prices apparently..

If you pay 150 a case then ure either anal about drive time or make enough money to just not care. Theres no well i shoot it for a month, its more then twice its original amount.(just realized usd and canadian are basically the same now, ure butthole must hurt after buying a case)

And STFU about "trigger control", can u honestly hear yourself? Read what you wrote. Thats like asking XSV why there back players dosnt shoot a single hopper per game. CUZ WERE PLAYING AIRBALL, not shooting a fuqin automag from behind a broke down car.

If you play airball you shoot a case or so a day, period. Dont sit there and try to dog our style of pb cuz ure field charges 3 times what mine does. i pay 40-45 for mid grade and 50-60 for turny grade.(if i wanted 3 cases, either of my local fields would discount the turny grade to 3 for 150) But my local field owners are cool as hell, and really just care about the players and keeping pb alive

Back players need to hose down the field, its how our mids and fronts determine whos in there lanes and the best next move. If 3 guys are all shooting at my snake player they need some cover, regardless of if you can actually hit them.

If you dont like airball to each there own, but dont try and BS us about how we play.

Texas Storm G6R - Ripper Victory - DM9
Support American Made

Last edited by JoshC90 : 10-20-2012 at 08:33 AM.
JoshC90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:35 AM #73
oldschool45

I think this has gone beyond a discussion about paint prices. That's fine don't make it an; I can't afford to play AirBall or Xball if the paint is too expensive fear fest.
I'd pay up to 50 cents a ball if it were really consistent paint and I was playing stockclass. Apparently there are enough people of the same mindset that Horizon and other field owners can make some money at providing us the game we want to play. You couldn't pay me to play only AirBall. Been there done that have the hypertension & the t-shirt to prove it.
Some of us just don't want to play Air/Hyper/X ball and if you want to take your bat and ball and go play those somewhere else your welcome to it. But don't tell us that we can't set conditions (through pricing) to favor the game we want to play.
I'm not making you play "woodsball" and you can't make me play Airball so lets just agree to disagree instead of resorting to personal attacks.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:57 AM #74
Horizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC90 View Post
If you play airball you shoot a case or so a day, period. Dont sit there and try to dog our style of pb cuz ure field charges 3 times what mine does. i pay 40-45 for mid grade and 50-60 for turny grade.(if i wanted 3 cases, either of my local fields would discount the turny grade to 3 for 150) But my local field owners are cool as hell, and really just care about the players and keeping pb alive
Interesting statement, but do you actually know of any airball fields that charges $150/case (or anywhere near that). Cause I don't, so I don't know where you are coming from.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:31 AM #75
JoshC90

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschool45 View Post
I think this has gone beyond a discussion about paint prices. That's fine don't make it an; I can't afford to play AirBall or Xball if the paint is too expensive fear fest.
I'd pay up to 50 cents a ball if it were really consistent paint and I was playing stockclass. Apparently there are enough people of the same mindset that Horizon and other field owners can make some money at providing us the game we want to play. You couldn't pay me to play only AirBall. Been there done that have the hypertension & the t-shirt to prove it.
Some of us just don't want to play Air/Hyper/X ball and if you want to take your bat and ball and go play those somewhere else your welcome to it. But don't tell us that we can't set conditions (through pricing) to favor the game we want to play.
I'm not making you play "woodsball" and you can't make me play Airball so lets just agree to disagree instead of resorting to personal attacks.
What are you talking about? I think you took my post the wrong way. I really dont care what style of pb you like to play, there all extremely fun. I was refering to post #34 and #37 and related posts.

So your saying people who play woodsball should have to pay more for paint? You thinking it "favors" you to pay more since you dont shoot as much? Really....

Read what i said and what you said one more time. All i said was i play airball and were suppose to shoot alot of paint since there was that "just cuz u can shoot 15bps dosnt mean you have to" comment. And that prices should be about 40-45 for mid grade and 50-60 for high grade, dosnt matter what class yall like to play.

AND nothing i said was a personal attack..... Where did that come from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
Interesting statement, but do you actually know of any airball fields that charges $150/case (or anywhere near that). Cause I don't, so I don't know where you are coming from.
I personally dont, ive seen them as high as 100 or so at indoor fields in texas. But people in this thread said they would or have paid that, i was just stating that its ridicules beyond all belief.

Support American Made

Last edited by JoshC90 : 10-20-2012 at 10:51 AM.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:57 AM #76
universal_dave
TIP#001

Quote:
If you're having auditory hallucinations, you should got to a hospital.

If you're just projecting wildly inaccurate assumptions, that's par for everything else you've argued.

Tim2Thousand4 is shady, his word doesn't mean anything. If you had a good experience with him, my opinion is that you got lucky.

Old 10-20-2012, 11:15 AM #77
JoshC90

Quote:
Originally Posted by universal_dave View Post
If you're having auditory hallucinations, you should got to a hospital.

If you're just projecting wildly inaccurate assumptions, that's par for everything else you've argued.
How is a user poll wildly inaccurate? Lol Do you actually read things you type? Its the result of 98 votes of random players, granted some voted more then once like me, but i voted 40-50-60 since there all reasonable prices for mid to high grade paint.

BUT the 40-60 area is more then double all the others other then slightly under double at 35. How are you having having trouble understanding this?

Support American Made

Last edited by JoshC90 : 10-20-2012 at 11:18 AM.
Old 10-20-2012, 12:14 PM #78
universal_dave
TIP#001

Quote:
How is a user poll wildly inaccurate? Lol Do you actually read things you type? Its the result of 98 votes of random players, granted some voted more then once like me, but i voted 40-50-60 since there all reasonable prices for mid to high grade paint.
The poll has nothing to do with his wildly inaccurate assertions....simple reading comprehension should have told you that. The poll is completely useless for the purpose it was put down for. It grossly oversimplifies the judgement. What a person will pay for paint on one field is *often* not what they'll pay for it on another field. There are other factors other than simple price that determine where we play and what we pay.

However, people unable or unwilling to engage the evidently atrophied meat between their ears will point (as you just did) at a misleading poll and pretend there's some sort of truth (or sometimes laughably science) involved there to prove them right.

It a form of glorifying ignorance I find generally offensive.

Old 10-20-2012, 12:37 PM #79
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

I'm really sick of arguing about this.

I'll just say that if you can't do the math and see that TNT is profiting like crazy off of every case sold, then you either have a screw loose, are doing mental gymnastics to convince yourself that it's OK, or have just drunk Horizon's bull**** kool-aid of "low ROF" justifying his inflated prices.

Either way, he's laughing at you. All the way to the bank. He might not say it on here, he cloaks what he does in his admittedly very articulate bull**** circular logic. He's got most of you fooled, just like a politician, into thinking what he wants you to think.

If you're too dumb to see what he's doing, then you deserve to have your money taken by this gouger. I'm done.

"A fool and his money are easily parted".
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 01:07 PM #80
JoshC90

Quote:
Originally Posted by universal_dave View Post
The poll has nothing to do with his wildly inaccurate assertions....simple reading comprehension should have told you that. The poll is completely useless for the purpose it was put down for. It grossly oversimplifies the judgement. What a person will pay for paint on one field is *often* not what they'll pay for it on another field. There are other factors other than simple price that determine where we play and what we pay.

However, people unable or unwilling to engage the evidently atrophied meat between their ears will point (as you just did) at a misleading poll and pretend there's some sort of truth (or sometimes laughably science) involved there to prove them right.

It a form of glorifying ignorance I find generally offensive.

Lol ure a retard, gettin all flustered are ya?

Its a poll about paint prices, we voted. Stop trying to add more variations to the mix, better place dosnt mean the paint should cost more. Get over it

Support American Made
Old 10-20-2012, 02:20 PM #81
oldschool45

"I'll just say that if you can't do the math and see that TNT is profiting like crazy off of every case sold." What is this math of which you speak?
If its the "numbers" off of this poll you may as well ask a bum off the street. Cuz their ain't no scientific validity in this hear pole!
The poll is how much are you willing to pay for a box of paint not how much do you think is fair to charge for a box of paint.
If its because Horizon charges $160/case for paint and you can get paint at Walmart for $35/case. Go buy the Walmart paint and go play Outlaw or a field that is BYOP. Nobody is putting a gun to your head and making you pay his prices. Don't like it vote with your wallet and go play elsewhere.
My take and a few other here is that Horizon is adding value beyond the cost of the paint that makes it worth $160/case to us.
Profit & "crazy profit" aren't inherently bad things more so if you have a choice not to participate as is the case here(no pun intended).

What is pissing me off here is that people are implying that a business man is bad/evil because he's making a profit in a manner that people are willing to pay for. Markup on liquor/beer in a bar make Horizon look like a F*&^%$# amateur. When was the last time you bought a gallon of gas?

"better place dosnt mean the paint should cost more." Doesn't necessarily have to but it could. Could be pay to play bathrooms? or Parking fees?
Old 10-20-2012, 02:22 PM #82
Horizon

Quote:
Its a poll about paint prices, we voted. Stop trying to add more variations to the mix, better place dosnt mean the paint should cost more. Get over it
Interesting, because some of the very people that have adamantly argued for low price paint have said they are willing to pay more for paint at a field like Skirmish or CPX.
Old 10-20-2012, 02:40 PM #83
JoshC90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
Interesting, because some of the very people that have adamantly argued for low price paint have said they are willing to pay more for paint at a field like Skirmish or CPX.
lol i never said they DONT cost more, i said they shouldnt.

rant/rant.rant/rant.rant/rant.rant/ Apparently bums are pb players now, *****in

Support American Made
Old 10-20-2012, 02:40 PM #84
universal_dave
TIP#001

Quote:
Lol ure a retard, gettin all flustered are ya?

If I'm talking past your ability to understand, I apologize..but as I said, the poll isn't germane to the baseless assertions. It doesn't actually *show* anything.

Saying "how much will you pay for paint" and having no other factors in it is a foolish exercise. People will pay more for paint at some places and some situations. If you ask me *generically* how much I'll pay you get the answer for a generic field. There are better places or events where I will absolutely pay more, and I am not alone.

People with better than a high school understanding of economics grasp that pretty readily. Sorry you don't.