PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-25-2012, 03:53 PM #1
bace a flunt

Played the first time in 8 years today

It was fun. A few things...

The field was full of douchebags that acted like I was some ******* that had never played before and kept trying to convince me to do stupid ass shit. What the **** is wrong with people? Unfortunately, this is the only speedball field in the area. I seriously about punched one of them.

Also, I need ball detents for my icd promaster, where can I find these and are there any others that will fit?

And what is my consistency supposed to be like. The chrono would read something like this: 283, 278, 289, 253, 272, 249 etc. Whats the odd ones that are way off? Is this a problem with my gun or is that just how it is? My old automag never did that
bace a flunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-25-2012, 11:41 PM #2
2nwyka
A Lover and a Poet

2nwyka posts videos on PbNation
2nwyka has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
2nwyka supports Ninja Paintball
The inconsistencies are likely due to a sticky regulator. This will cause fluctuations in output pressure and make everything screwy until you lube the reg according to your manual's instructions. The Promaster detents may be found online somewhere...that isn't my area of expertise. People are just retards today. Let your gun do the talking on the field, not your mouth. Good luck, good hunting!
Noah

AutoCocker Builder
2nwyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:55 AM #3
shooter686

has been a member for 10 years
shooter686 plays in the APPA beginner division
shooter686 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
shooter686 supports DLX Technology
welcome back! and like i always said paintball is in our blood -- just can't let go ever!

so sorry you had a not so happy return to the field but it can only get better after time...sad to say that we oftentimes hear tales about *%*#!$% balla's ..

just play your game and shake off the rust and i'm sure that they'll ease off as soon as they see you getting back into game shape and knocking them off the field..
shooter686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:57 PM #4
bace a flunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nwyka View Post
The inconsistencies are likely due to a sticky regulator. This will cause fluctuations in output pressure and make everything screwy until you lube the reg according to your manual's instructions. The Promaster detents may be found online somewhere...that isn't my area of expertise. People are just retards today. Let your gun do the talking on the field, not your mouth. Good luck, good hunting!
Noah
I can't find any detents. Do you know what other guns detents will fit? Like are the same for all icd guns?
Old 11-26-2012, 04:16 PM #5
Fubarius
Wow, it is blue.

Fubarius is a Moderator
Fubarius supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by bace a flunt View Post
I can't find any detents. Do you know what other guns detents will fit? Like are the same for all icd guns?
Older ICD electros like the Bushmaster2000 or BKO had cocker style detents in the oldest, with o-ring detents in the later versions.

The Promaster detents are the same used in the ICD Freestyle, of course that doesn't make them a whole lot easier to find.

Any local shops near you? They're similar in shape to a Mini or Axe detent, but I can't confirm if they're compatible.

Nunquam emere possis quae facitis
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:34 PM #6
ForeverZero143
Pump Revolution

ForeverZero143 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
It was fun. A few things...

The field was full of douchebags that acted like I was some ******* that had never played before and kept trying to convince me to do stupid ass shit. What the **** is wrong with people? Unfortunately, this is the only speedball field in the area. I seriously about punched one of them.

Also, I need ball detents for my icd promaster, where can I find these and are there any others that will fit?

And what is my consistency supposed to be like. The chrono would read something like this: 283, 278, 289, 253, 272, 249 etc. Whats the odd ones that are way off? Is this a problem with my gun or is that just how it is? My old automag never did that
Your lack of detents is most likely the reason for your inconsistent velocity. It could be a few other things but a roll forward would account for lower velocity especially if your using any type of force fed loader.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:16 PM #7
bace a flunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverZero143 View Post
Your lack of detents is most likely the reason for your inconsistent velocity. It could be a few other things but a roll forward would account for lower velocity especially if your using any type of force fed loader.
Testing the velocity, I was just loading a ball at a time into the gun as my hopper died.

The gun had sat for like 2 years before I bought it so the regulator makes sense.
Can anyone ID this regulator? I have no clue what it is...

And what lube should I use for the regulator?

Old 11-27-2012, 01:13 AM #8
Italian Mafia Shots
Wut

Italian Mafia Shots supports Empire
I believe that to be a Bob Long Torpedo reg... Used to have one on my bushy.

It's funny seeing all these posts about coming back after extended amounts of time, I'm doing the same right now after 6 years. How hard was it to shake off the rust?
Italian Mafia Shots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:43 AM #9
lpmaster

Yep that's a bob long torpedo but those are decent numbers at the chrono if blame the bad ones on paint. In my opinion paint just isn't what it used to be..

lpmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:50 AM #10
bace a flunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian Mafia Shots View Post
I believe that to be a Bob Long Torpedo reg... Used to have one on my bushy.

It's funny seeing all these posts about coming back after extended amounts of time, I'm doing the same right now after 6 years. How hard was it to shake off the rust?
not hard at all. They were all on teams and I hung with them. But everyone was using ramping. It makes **** easy. I'm not sure I'm a fan. It really levels out the playing field though. I used to use an old automag classic and the electros had an unfair advantage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpmaster View Post
Yep that's a bob long torpedo but those are decent numbers at the chrono if blame the bad ones on paint. In my opinion paint just isn't what it used to be..
paint does seem cheaper now. Mid grade was 13/bag 45 or 50 a case and the best paint was like 55 or 60. At the field. What did it used to run?

Last edited by bace a flunt : 11-27-2012 at 11:11 AM.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:17 AM #11
Italian Mafia Shots
Wut

Quote:
not hard at all. They were all on teams and I hung with them. But everyone was using ramping. It makes **** easy. I'm not sure I'm a fan. It really levels out the playing field though. I used to use an old automag classic and the electros had an unfair advantage.

Yeah I'm not sure how I feel about all the ramping just yet. It used to be even the electro guys had to put time into being able to shoot fast with both hands and ramping was considered cheating. Oh well, I'm just glad to hear it's easy to get back into the groove of things.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:55 AM #12
paintballpimp092
Si vis pacem, para bellum

paintballpimp092 plays in the APPA D5 division
paintballpimp092 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
paintballpimp092 supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
paint does seem cheaper now. Mid grade was 13/bag 45 or 50 a case and the best paint was like 55 or 60. At the field. What did it used to run?
I remember that being about the case the last time I played (March 2009). I wanted to go back and do the Grand Finale at Wayne's World this weekend because it's only about a 45 minute drive for me and I had a blast at the one I played in 2005, but it IS pretty expensive. I think pre-order prices for paint are over $70 a case and I can't afford that right now because I just spent $600 to go to Kentucky for Thanksgiving.
paintballpimp092 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:25 PM #13
autocockerfreak227

autocockerfreak227 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
autocockerfreak227 supports DLX Technology
screw ramping my local fields banned it and we only play semi its too easy and not challenging.
autocockerfreak227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:20 AM #14
Italian Mafia Shots
Wut

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocockerfreak227 View Post
screw ramping my local fields banned it and we only play semi its too easy and not challenging.
Get real, dude. The only thing ramping made easier was not having to walk the trigger. With BPS caps these days, it doesn't matter anyway. Anyone can walk a trigger at 13bps with 5 minutes of practice.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:58 AM #15
rexisme

rexisme supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian Mafia Shots View Post
Get real, dude. The only thing ramping made easier was not having to walk the trigger. With BPS caps these days, it doesn't matter anyway. Anyone can walk a trigger at 13bps with 5 minutes of practice.
Right, the guy can't buy a clue.