Community Focus

Old 10-06-2008, 08:39 PM #22
CyberDork
UNRETIRED

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-M-P-I-R-E View Post
than you are in the wrong sport...
Haha, just a fan of instant results in reading. I'm in class trying to multitask reading the FAQ's and 3D animation. Was hoping to get some discussion instead of bull****.
Advertisement
Old 10-06-2008, 08:41 PM #23
_V_

If you didnt want bull****, you could have read the FAQ and not made this thread. You want to know the truth. The reason you dont see gains is either you dont eat right and eat enough or you dont work hard enough.
_V_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 08:44 PM #24
CyberDork
UNRETIRED

I weigh 170 and eat around 130grams. I guess I have no choice but to raise that up huh? Thank you for your input
Old 10-06-2008, 11:55 PM #25
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire

madgoat has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I work everything 2ce a week right now and I'm still getting good growth. Lift in the 8-12 rep range if you don't already, and do 3-4 sets per excercise and 3-4 exercises a workout. Also, how long have you been working out and supposedly not seeing progress? Unless you have pictures from 2+months ago you won't really be able to see much of a difference except for fat loss. You also may just not be eating enough, not just protein, just in general not enough calories.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:54 AM #26
Digits
A-Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by _V_ View Post
Lol. Just lol.

And I want a ferrari right out of college.
You know, if you spent less time on being a muscle dumb and more time focusing on a goal like that you would see it's not that unrealistic.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:02 AM #27
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

Featherlite 07 is playing at Living Legends III
Featherlite 07 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
you're an idiot if you think that's realistic.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:12 AM #28
shiboboo
It's Good to be the King

Quote:
Lol. Just lol.

And I want a ferrari right out of college.
You can. You didn't specify a new ferarri. I'm sure you could find a used one in an affordable price bracket pretty much right out of college.

Black to Blue Cobra G7
shiboboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 03:45 AM #29
Digits
A-Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherlite 07 View Post
you're an idiot if you think that's realistic.
Considering you have an attitude like that..

You're an idiot for thinking you will have a Ferrari by the time you're thirty
Old 10-07-2008, 09:02 AM #30
flarkey25
Raging Weasel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberDork View Post
I weigh 170 and eat around 130grams. I guess I have no choice but to raise that up huh? Thank you for your input
Look dude, you should have read the stickies and this would have saved everyone a lot of time. you're not special, you're not an anomoly, and you don't have some magical force holding you back that no one else understands. You have one of two problems, probably both. You don't lift hard enough and you don't eat enough. I'm not just talking about protein, I'm talking in general. Eat more, lift harder, get more rest. If you're not growing, you're not doing those things. THAT'S IT.
flarkey25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:07 AM #31
hsilman
Disgustipated

based on your posts here, I'm going to figure that it will grow eventually, but you can't expect an explosion in size just because you got your first period. Some people are late bloomers, and I'm sure it will get big enough in time. Soon enough you'll have those junior high guys drooling over you like suzie, don't get too jealous.
hsilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:18 AM #32
BabYroiDz

lol You taking anything??? What do you weight? everything depends on how much you weigh, im a big kid i weigh 197. the most important thing about lifting is your breathing and how you bench. Have you chest arched so you can fit ur hand under you when your laying on the bench, You know that your doing too much weight if your feeling it in your triceps and your shoulders, the only part you should feel it in is your chest. i bench 300
BabYroiDz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 08:15 PM #33
Twenty4/7_Ep3
GangSTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabYroiDz View Post
lol You taking anything??? What do you weight? everything depends on how much you weigh, im a big kid i weigh 197. the most important thing about lifting is your breathing and how you bench. Have you chest arched so you can fit ur hand under you when your laying on the bench, You know that your doing too much weight if your feeling it in your triceps and your shoulders, the only part you should feel it in is your chest. i bench 300
my ticeps get tight on every chest lift i do.. doesnt matter if its just plates..
2013 Civic SI Street
Twenty4/7_Ep3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 08:24 PM #34
CyberDork
UNRETIRED

Taking creatine and trying to eat more. I'm 6'2 175 and bench around 220.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:32 PM #35
_V_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digits View Post
You know, if you spent less time on being a muscle dumb and more time focusing on a goal like that you would see it's not that unrealistic.
Are you REALLY telling me that I dont know my ****? A "muscle dumb"? What are you, 10? Hardwork pays off, but instant results do not happen. You can accelerate them via extremely hard work and perfect diet, but instant results? I mean, thats the thing of late night tv paid advertisements. Now quit being a moron.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiboboo View Post
You can. You didn't specify a new ferarri. I'm sure you could find a used one in an affordable price bracket pretty much right out of college.
_V_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 11:39 PM #36
Digits
A-Train

Quote:
Are you REALLY telling me that I dont know my ****? A "muscle dumb"? What are you, 10? Hardwork pays off, but instant results do not happen. You can accelerate them via extremely hard work and perfect diet, but instant results? I mean, thats the thing of late night tv paid advertisements. Now quit being a moron.

You said : "the question has already been answered, you are not so important that you just make a new thread without doing any reading of the stickies and people rush in to help you save 5 minutes."

He said : "I'm a fan of instant results broseph"

If you weren't a muscle dumb you would understand that he was talking about the answer to his question, not instant results for his chest problem..

Considering he even posted "Haha, just a fan of instant results in reading. I'm in class trying to multitask reading the FAQ's and 3D animation. Was hoping to get some discussion instead of bull****."

you would think you would understand this..

It's ok though, I don't expect someone of your caliber to comprehend things properly. You're too focused on muscle development Get off your high horse, no one cares how hardcore you are.

EDIT : I also never said you don't know your **** (comprehension ftw).. You obviously know a lot about working out, what I meant by my comment is that if you focused as much time on achieving a goal of a Ferrari out of college as you did on working out you would realize your comment was pretty stupid.. Everybody knows you can't achieve instant results from working out, but a Ferrari out of college is a terrible comparison to this.

Last edited by Digits : 10-07-2008 at 11:44 PM.
Digits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 11:42 PM #37
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire

madgoat has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digits View Post
You said : "the question has already been answered, you are not so important that you just make a new thread without doing any reading of the stickies and people rush in to help you save 5 minutes."

He said : "I'm a fan of instant results broseph"

If you weren't a muscle dumb you would understand that he was talking about the answer to his question, not instant results for his chest problem..

Considering he even posted "Haha, just a fan of instant results in reading. I'm in class trying to multitask reading the FAQ's and 3D animation. Was hoping to get some discussion instead of bull****."

you would think you would understand this..

It's ok though, I don't expect someone of your caliber to comprehend things properly. You're too focused on muscle development Get off your high horse, no one cares how hardcore you are.
My question is, why are you in this subforum if you don't work out in some form?
Old 10-07-2008, 11:59 PM #38
Digits
A-Train

I do work out, but I think it's pretty stupid when you have a select few people in a sub forum thinking they run **** because they're more hardcore than others. It's fine if you want to spread knowledge but being a dick just because someone failed to look at the stickies isn't necessary.

I don't see why you guys couldn't have quoted the answer to this from the sticky and said "it was in the sticky".. hell I looked in the sticky for this and really don't know where this specific question is answered..
Old 10-08-2008, 12:02 AM #39
ChaoticReign Pbt
Invulnerable

Noone is "running ****." Everything has been arranged a certain way to help avoid clutter. If you've ever regularly spent time answering newbie questions for...well anything, you'll find that you get the same stupid questions over and over. This is especially true with weightlifting.

Toy: 2009 Kawasaki ZX-14. DD: Stock 1996 5SPD XJ.

Fitchburg State College
ChaoticReign Pbt is offline   Reply With Quote