PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 10:01 PM #43
wwohl602

wwohl602 plays in the APPA D4 division
I understand that d2 nppl players shouldn't be playin a d4 event. But it's not mapls fault. Blame the players who sandbagged the event
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-29-2012, 10:21 PM #44
Doo-Na$ty
F. U. Pay Me!

has been a member for 10 years
Doo-Na$ty owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Doo-Na$ty plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marra00 View Post
I also played against them in the finals on sat. As Tyler stated before we had no problem playing against these guys and will gladly play against them all season long.. We even took them to 1 left that is until
He bunkered me.. Lol but that's besides the point. Anyway, I see how it can be frustrating to some of the teams that really never played in tournaments before. Mapl has a really high level of local competition.. Bottom line! Also in d4/5 3 man there are 3 or 4 teams besides ours that are gonna be really tough to beat all year ..So practice ! A lot! but no matter what you got to start somewhere
Glenn...
Ps.. The reffing was the best I have seen in a long time .. Thanks to Chris, Jesse and all of the refs ! You guys did a great job.
If you had me there in the finals playing with you I would have shot Alex in the FACE and we would have went on to victory!!
~Top model for JNA Media
Old 04-29-2012, 10:35 PM #45
Black Pat
TakeThereLife.Soul.Bhole.

Black Pat plays in the USPL
Black Pat plays in the PSP
Black Pat plays in the APPA D2 division
Black Pat has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
no rules were broken.
nothing illegal happened.
none of the games i watched fresh play were easy.
they won them playing smart. some of the games came down to 1 person making a crazy move to pull it out.
instead of playing paintball and not caring who was out there you let yourselves get sucked up and upset about something you felt was wrong and it worked in fresh's favor. you got mad and they stayed level headed.
this has nothing to do with the league or host field and i stand by and support them whole heartedly on this issue. if your upset that a team played in your division that is ranked higher in a completely different ranking system then i wish you luck finding a league where that hasnt happened at least once. but if you want to play in a league that has the BEST PRIZES BEST COMPETITION AND BEST STAFF. then you will continue to play MAPL and get better and better. Just to even say this b/c you may think im being biased. I have played MAPL all the way back when it was GPL in 2007. I haven't won a MAPL ever...but I have played D2 NPPL for the last yr and won Huntington Beach. This league makes people into great players and has a great atmosphere surrounding it. Hope to see any and everyone who was at event 1 at event 2.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:43 PM #46
EPluribusUnum

EPluribusUnum plays in the PSP
EPluribusUnum owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
EPluribusUnum plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Pat View Post
I have played D2 NPPL for the last yr and won Huntington Beach.
im calling shens on this. i never heard of you or your team and i KNOW you never won a huntington beach before. stop lying!
Old 04-30-2012, 12:48 AM #47
??11??
"Big gay Al"

??11?? plays in the PSP
??11?? owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
??11?? plays in the APPA D2 division
??11?? has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlPAINTBALLlx View Post
I had them in my bracket, in the chrono station I spoke with one of the players and I said "hey Ive been hearing that youre ranked D2 in NPPL, is that true?" he turned back to me and said "Hah, D1."
Its a moral issue. It was on the fresh factory to decide what division they wanted to play in. They decided to take the easy way out and whole heartedly sandbag event one.
We cannot expect MAPL to look into every players paintball history. Am I happy about what happened, no not at all. But as a MAPL player, I back MAPL on whatever they say.
Shame on Fresh Factory. it's disappointing that such an experienced team would disrespect the sport in that way, it's because of teams like them people quit tournament series's (longshot16) and paintball doesn't continue.
Bottom line, Fresh Factory knowing decided to sweep everyone in event 1 and walk away with all the prizes we practice,travel, and aspire for. I fully 100% support MAPL and place no blame on them because they did there job, FRESH FACTORY IS RANKED D4 IN APPA.
We did not choose the lowest division possible, we were originally signed up for d2/d3 however prior to the event we had a 9-man roster it made sense to throw in two teams. Teammates don't play other teammates in tournaments so we had to go into both divisions(fresh factory and rico's raiders). the players that were appa rank d3 and above played with raiders, and the others with fresh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doo-Na$ty View Post
If you had me there in the finals playing with you I would have shot Alex in the FACE and we would have went on to victory!!
anytime i got shot today it was in the face so you probably would have got me ha

Also i don't understand why everyone is blaming the MAPL. they did nothing wrong we were legally allowed to play. If you want to bash somebody bash us not the MAPL.... IT by far has the best Reffing, prize packages, fields, and general customers service then any other league on the east coast.
Dynasty 2:2011-2012
Old 04-30-2012, 05:14 AM #48
ReturnOFOneder
HB 2012!!!!

ReturnOFOneder owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ReturnOFOneder plays in the APPA D4 division
ReturnOFOneder has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPluribusUnum

im calling shens on this. i never heard of you or your team and i KNOW you never won a huntington beach before. stop lying!
I hope you're joking.

Edit. Posted from the app and couldn't see your sig. Hah

Last edited by ReturnOFOneder : 04-30-2012 at 05:51 AM.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:59 AM #49
empire112234

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmikey64 View Post
they went undefeated in the 3man series...and also undefeated in the 5man series. ALL GPL 3man and 5man without loosing a single match. not sure if they were all on the same roster in the EPL a week before going 13-3 and winning that as well.

Meh, it was still a fun tournament. Congrats to fresh factory regardless.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:06 AM #50
swedishfishh

swedishfishh posts videos on PbNation
swedishfishh plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongolian View Post
I am one of the players that won yesterday. I would like to let you all know that this is part of paintball, as I experienced myself when I first started out. For my first three years of paintball I never made finals and even for my first few tournaments I never beat one team ( we went 0-8) but guess what we had fun anyways and kept goin back as much as we could whenever we could. I remember after three years we got 8th which was awesome and we were so excited just to make it to finals. We took pictures of the score board haha. Back then there were a few pro players that played in the same division as me and It never turned me and my team away. My point is look where i am now from playing and losing for so long now I finally hve a chance to win and of course I'm going to take that opportunity. But please don't blame the league it has nothing to do with them we are all legitly ranked d4 under the appa system.

You definitely did not make yourself look any better by posting this... Hey, I have no problem with you guys wanting to sandbag, your just lucky you didn't play us cause you would have gotten atleast 1 loss. Then maybe not as many people would be crying cause you took up on the opportunity to play lowest rank teams.

M.I.L.F. Hunters 4 Life
Old 04-30-2012, 08:52 AM #51
Booyahkai

plays in the NXL
Booyahkai owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Booyahkai plays in the APPA D4 division
As I said earlier in this thread. I wanted my chance at them and I got my wish on Sunday. Even tho we didn't beat them. I always love being the underdog. My team consisted of guys that haven't played in 8 years and we gave Fresh Factory a good fight. I will glady face them again in event 2 with no hesitation. When I started playing in 2001 My team Kamikaze was getting our rear ends handed to us by ECX factory. But we kept playing and eventually we beat them and soon many of the teams in the tri-state area. But it only made us better and it will make your team better as well if you play better teams.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:15 AM #52
357 Productions
www.gisportz.com

357 Productions is a Supporting Member
357 Productions owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I wanted to post this last night but after two 13+ hour work days and 12+ hours driving all done within 48 hours, I was a little tired, especially getting home at 2am and then have to work today.

First let me start by saying congrats to all the teams out there this weekend, you guys all played great. Thank you all for coming out.

Now to the issue at hand. First of all, LongShot16, I know who you are. I have been going back and forth on whether I should post your name or not, BUT if I remember correctly, you weren’t event playing this event, correct? Because that is something important here to the rest of the public since you have decided to take this public. I have decided I am not going to post your name because I am not about to call people out and I’m going to be the better person.

I’m going to give you a small history about myself and the GPL/MAPL and paintball. I have been in paintball for 15 years. I have been running and operating every aspect of the MAPL (which formerly was the GPL) since 1999. I have grown this series from 12 teams to what it is today. I have put in many of many of hours into this league to make it what it is today. Back when we first started the league, there was no ranking system to check for player rankings. The NPPL was one league (no PSP) with 10man and 5man, and there were Pro, Am, and Novice divisions. That was it. AND you played everyone. So Nov teams would play Pro teams at events. That was the game. Over the years the system has changed so you don’t anymore. ALSO, there was no system to check a players ranking. Heck, there was not even a PBNation to look it up either. Chris Reahl come out with the APPA (sorry if I screw this up Chris) I believe in 2003. But back then it was in its infancy and mainly used for College Divisions. It was branched out to the PSP and the over the years into all the many and many leagues and events today. Back when the APPA came out, we did not use it. We actually had our own system. Finding player rankings was tough however. To search APPA, you had to have a login but to obtain a login you had to purchase to be a part of the system, NPPL's ranking system was never able to be viewed online, so I had to call them to confirm players. Do you know how long it takes to call on 600 players ranking status? Even then I could not confirm everyone. They will not confirm 600 players rankings. They will do a few here and there that are in question, but they will not confirm all my players, and same with APPA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongShot16 View Post
Takes all of 60 seconds to Google any person on their roster and determine their division and all other things associated.
I have no clue where you got this option from. First, I have 600 players. When do I have the time to Google 600 players? Second , it doesn’t work. I want to prove to you this, however I am not going to single any players out to show you that this is not possible, but I decided to test your theory myself before I stated this is impossible, first 5 players I RANDOMLY chose from the event, none of them popped up in Google.

Now for the ruling. First we mirror the PSP, this rule is actually from their rulebook. This rule was designed to rank DOWN players. There are some players who legitimately do not belong in the division they are currently ranked in, however, they are ranked higher. This gives us the option to rerank players to be able to play. And we don’t even do that. And I am sure there may be one or two guys hop on here to state they are in that position and I denied their reranking. We do NOT rerank players. APPA is the most widely used Unified Ranking System in Paintball today. I stand confident in the program that I PAY to use to keep track of the players rankings. The NPPL does not use the system, this is correct. Because of that, these players status is listed based on their history in the APPA system at events that honor the APPA, which has been around for many many years. This situation happens in any event. NPPL has the same issue with people playing in their D3 division who are ranked D1 and even Pro in PSP and vice versa. We cannot honor another league who does not use the same ranking system, the same ranking qualifications and ranking requirements that we do. As I had stated in my email last week about this between "The APPA program tells us who is legal in the system we are using. We are formatted after the PSP series and that is the program we mirror. I'm sorry of you feel this is not fair. And trust me both John (Christ) and myself wish it could be all one ranking system. However it is not and we have to choose one ranking system or the other or none at all. We went with the system used by majority of the paintball industry and that which coincides with our format. The APPA system is the most widely used and creates by far the less "sandbagging" than any other system out there. And I am confident in their system." I still stand behind this. The players as a whole ASKED for us to use the APPA system and to abide by the APPA system, so that is what we are doing.

I know you knew about this last week, Rosters have been locked for days before the event, if you had felt this way before, we would have had no problem refunding your money before the event if you were signed up. We had 68 teams this weekend compete. 57 of which were in the same divisions as Fresh Factory (between the 3man 21 teams and the 36 5man teams, the D2/3 teams did not affect it), I have had 1 email, one complaint about their roster - You. If you have other people complaining to you please feel free to send them my way. We can only make changes to the league to make it better if the players tell us what they want, don’t want, ect. But in this case, we stand behind the APPA program.

Cyndi
Old 04-30-2012, 10:07 AM #53
mchavez703
Lean Like A Cholo

mchavez703 plays in the PSP
mchavez703 is playing at Living Legends V
mchavez703 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
mchavez703 supports Pev's Paintball
mchavez703 is Boss
mchavez703 is attending Decay of Nations VI
mchavez703 supports DLX Technology
Ok let me start off saying it was a great turnout and played some great teams. I personally played at the raza field (penalty land lol) but cant say was bad reffing. Team didnt do so hot but oh well. About dynasty 2 Aka fresh factory they are allowed to do what they want becUse of ranking. That doesnt mean we insult them or any other team because of sandbagging or etc. just means we know what coming next event. We all just got to practice more to be on par with fresh factorys and other top teams that played this weekend. No rules were broken if you want to complain so much dont play. See you guys at next event

Last edited by mchavez703 : 04-30-2012 at 12:12 PM.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:10 AM #54
xFM88x
F. Manalo #88

xFM88x plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
xFM88x plays in the APPA D4 division
Goin into GPL I knew the competition would be tough. It didn't bother me or my team that there are very good teams out there that we'd have to go thru. That's part of paintball, if you want to take podium, you have to earn it. You can't call yourself the best if you don't go thru the best teams in your division.

Fresh factory, I knew who they are. But as a competitor you don't see them any different from all the other teams you face along the way. Like what everyone said, you can't get better if you don't compete with better teams. if you keep at it and work hard for it, then there's no other way but up. Sky's the limit.
MANALO #88
Old 04-30-2012, 11:46 AM #55
jsempire09
Baller Status

plays in the NXL 2
jsempire09 supports Team VICIOUS
jsempire09 plays in the APPA D4 division
jsempire09 supports DLX Technology
Practice harder and play smarter. Fresh factory is not breaking any rules. Yes they are a very good team but they are not unbeatable. Anyone good divisional team can be beat anyone, even dynasty's pro team if they wanted to. You just have to play your heart out and put everything on the field.
My team was stuck in there bracket on Saturday, we didn't complain we just played paintball, and we still made it past the prelims. They were a group of cool guys and they won fair and square.
Losing is a part of every sport, if you don't like it watch tv you can't lose at that.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:56 AM #56
Deimus85
Playground Legend

Deimus85 is a Supporting Member
Deimus85 is an NCPA National Champion
Deimus85 plays in the APPA D2 division
Deimus85 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by xFM88x View Post
Goin into GPL I knew the competition would be tough. It didn't bother me or my team that there are very good teams out there that we'd have to go thru. That's part of paintball, if you want to take podium, you have to earn it. You can't call yourself the best if you don't go thru the best teams in your division.

Fresh factory, I knew who they are. But as a competitor you don't see them any different from all the other teams you face along the way. Like what everyone said, you can't get better if you don't compete with better teams. if you keep at it and work hard for it, then there's no other way but up. Sky's the limit.

Can't wait for MAPL #2!!!! 5 weeks!
Old 04-30-2012, 12:18 PM #57
Comfymumfy

Comfymumfy is playing at Living Legends III
Comfymumfy owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
So Longshot didn't play this event? Am I missing something? What was the motivation for this thread then?

Anyway...I had a blast at this event! Great bunch of people and it was awesome to witness such great sportsmanship!
Outdoor Xtreme Chesapeake City OXCC
Old 04-30-2012, 12:18 PM #58
410paintballurr

410paintballurr owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
It shouldn't matter what division the team is any team can be beat. My team played on the raza field and won all of our matches even though we lost 3 point. Every team was tough. Most of my teammates never played an regional event and we place 11th. I had a blast and I will attend every event. I think everyone should worry about having fun
Old 04-30-2012, 12:28 PM #59
dj red dog

dj red dog plays in the APPA D5 division
No worries as this will all be squashed come event #2 if La Coka Nostra can put a roster together.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:30 PM #60
Deimus85
Playground Legend

Deimus85 is a Supporting Member
Deimus85 is an NCPA National Champion
Deimus85 plays in the APPA D2 division
Deimus85 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj red dog View Post
No worries as this will all be squashed come event #2 if La Coka Nostra can put a roster together.
Playing paintball at the MAPL is what I like to hear!
Old 04-30-2012, 01:13 PM #61
specopsdeath2
DANGER ZONE

specopsdeath2 plays in the PSP
specopsdeath2 is Legendary
specopsdeath2 is Boss
specopsdeath2 supports DLX Technology
I played in the event, and I also played against FF. Didnt do so hot against them in the prelims (lost both points pretty badly lol) but won our other 3 matches. It was a bit strange that they would put D1 NPPL players into a D4/5 tourny. They knew they would do very well against every other team and essentially win before the event even started but im glad to hear they needed to pull off some hard victories I dont like their decision on this at all. I do understand why they did not put both teams in the same division though, that could have made some bad blood between teammates

Im not a fan of players sandbagging an event like this, and im sure no body else is very fond of it either. I didnt say anything because this was known by most teams playing and we all knew nothing was going to be done about it. We all know that they were ranked D4/5 APPA, but theres an obvious reason for that if they only play NPPL .

Overall it was a great event, only complaint I really had was after prelims. We were not told when ocho's would start until we were needed on the field. We were told that some teams left because they did not know they made it to ocho's...so there's obviously a problem. For next event, it would be great if its announced like 10 minutes before games start who made it to the ochos and who did not. And explain this at the captains meeting so teams do not leave early.
University of Hartford PC United
Proud Sponsors:
YetiPB Laysick Ninja
Old 04-30-2012, 01:22 PM #62
357 Productions
www.gisportz.com

357 Productions is a Supporting Member
357 Productions owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by specopsdeath2 View Post
Overall it was a great event, only complaint I really had was after prelims. We were not told when ocho's would start until we were needed on the field. We were told that some teams left because they did not know they made it to ocho's...so there's obviously a problem. For next event, it would be great if its announced like 10 minutes before games start who made it to the ochos and who did not. And explain this at the captains meeting so teams do not leave early.
We did announce it at the table. Once we got the final score sheets in, we had to tally it all up, then generate the schedule of who is in. Once they were in, I yelled it at the table who was in, and then we had 15 min until the Ocho's to start. This is done at the table. We also posted it on the trailer next to the live scores. The teams that left had left before the final games were played.. They ASSUMED they were out. They did not wait until the list was told who was in. We do explain this every captains meeting to wait until we announce who is in until leaving, yet every event people do it. It because they dont win all or most of their games and assume they are out. Teams made in in on Sunday with 4 wins. I had teams surprised they made it in with 4 wins.

We always tell teams, WAIT, CHECK and LISTEN... to the table. We will ALWAYS post a schedule of the rounds for the Ochos', Quaters, Semis and Finals on the trailer glass by the live score computer screen.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:30 PM #63
SONICBOOM

i feel so left out..i wish i played the event so i have something to complain about..

its def hard to keep 600 paintball players happy...wouldnt be a paintball event if someone wasnt b*tc*ing and crying.

on to more important stuff, can you rerank me to D5? even better young gun.

PS congrats to all the teams that won and placed..you deserve the win.

Last edited by SONICBOOM : 04-30-2012 at 01:32 PM.
Closed Thread