PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-21-2006, 06:57 PM #1
Nordic Ninja
I am Grim Fimbul Rage

has been a member for 10 years
My PMR Reveiw *PICS & VIDS*

*FINAL UPDATE IS COMPLETE. THE POST HAS BECOME TOO LONG TO POST IT HERE, THE FINAL PART OF THE REVIEW CAN BE FOUND ON PAGE 23 POST #477*

Alright, the first thing I noticed was how small the box was, it’s tiny. The quality of the packaging and manual are top notch. I like how Dye/Proto also included extra o-rings and the full set of hex keys you will need to disassemble the marker.

The rail itself looks great. It looks much, much better hands on then it does in pictures. It’s also very light, my Borg weighs 2.2 lbs and the weight difference is noticeable. As you can see by my picture the Rail is also a good deal smaller then my Borg. Also note that contrary to popular belief Cyborgs are still a small marker; they are about the same size as an 05/06 ego and are therefore thinner then a shocker. Build quality was very good and I found no metal shavings or anything out of place within the marker. The one problem I did run into with disassembly was that the bottom cap of the Hyper2 was a huge pain in the *** to get off. It finally took 6 minutes over my stove burner, a strap wrench and a pair of pliers to get the damn thing off. Other then that everything went very smoothly, I preceded to clean and re lube everything with Hater Sauce before even airing it up.

Honestly I hated the way the trigger came stock and I’m still not the biggest fan of it now although I have become more used to it. It’s actually not bad, very decent considering the price range. But coming from my FBM/Tadao M5 in my Borg it is a bit of a step back . The marker is well balanced and I’m loving how light it feels with my PMI 68/4500 and Halo B. Hmmm….the feedneck…..Let me put it this way, I would take a CCM over it but it’s really not as bad as I was expecting. It holds the halo securely and I don’t see any flaws in the design, it’s pretty solid. That being said I have noticed that it is VERY easy to over tighten your loader; be careful when you’re mounting your hopper because there is very little feedback for how tight the hopper really is. Unfortunately I have a feeling this will lead many people to over tighten the feedneck possibly damaging the plastic collar.

*FIRST IMPRESSIONSAT THE FIELD.*

I just got back from a majorly disappointing trip to my local field. Ok, let me first give you guys an idea of what kind of weather I was dealing with. Keep in mind I had no: gloves, jacket, hat, boots, or anything of the sort, I went in a long sleeve shirt and Empire contact pants. It was 35 degrees [felt like 31 from weather.com] and it was snowing, I really should have gone to an indoor field!

So.....I get to the field and head over to the crono. I adjust my velocity down from 310 via the Hyper2 and fired a few rounds over the crono. These were my numbers: 280, 280, 283, 282, 279, 280, 280, 280, 284, 281, 282. Needless to say I was very happy at this point .

So I go back and get set up, then head back to the crono to get checked by the ref. 310, 308, 311, 307, uh....ok what the ****, I go back to the staging area and grab my hex key again. I go back to the crono again and lower the Hyper2 some more, then the marker quits cycling. So at this point my fingers are numb and I'm getting pissed, I head over to the staging area and pull out my bolt. The hater sauce that was in there had gotten so cold that it lost all signs of viscosity. It was literally like wax, I could roll it up into a ball. I opened up the Hyper2 and found the same thing. So I reach into my back for my tube of DOW 33 and wouldent you know it...I forgot to bring it . So I hurriedly globbed the whole bolt with another layer of hater sauce [yes I know that in cold weather less lube is better but I didn't have the time or the patience to clean and re lube with the right amount of lube.] and headed back to the crono. Finally I got my velocity ok'ed [very consistent again] and headed out for my first game. About five minutes into the game and the Rail quit cycling again. At this point I was sick of being wet and cold and very frustrated, so I just left and came home. LAME!

So after warming up in my car and my apartment I cleaned everything off and aired it up again. It shot like a dream, so I came to a couple of conclusions today.

1) Never go to an outdoor field in late November in the northwest when its snowing and 35 degrees.

2) If you find yourself in these conditions, Hater Sauce FTL. However this was not a isolated incident, other people with Ion's and a DM4 were having similar problems. So I'm not sure the DoW 33 would have helped very much if at all.

So sorry for the scant details but as you can see I didnt have a very good day. I may update this again after my next trip to the field, prolly in 3-4 weeks.

Consistency: Incredible, I've never had such good results from a brand new stock reg that hasnt been broken in.

Stock Barrel: Meh, its ok. It's not horrible but I did notice a distinct difference when I switched over to my CP.

Efficiency: I got about 650 shots out of 2000PSI, so thats about 1460 out of a full 68/4500 fill.

Kick: It does have a little bit of a kick to it. So DM/PM owners you dont have to worry about a $400 marker shooting as smooth as your investment. That being said the kick is minimal and it never became a problem on the field.

OVERALL: Despite my horrible day at the field I really liked using my PMR. One note is that the plastic back cap is VERY easy to strip, take great care not to over tighten it and pay attention when starting to thread it. Despite that, it's very comfortable to hold and shoot, kick is minimal. Due to the very consistent Hyper2 Reg if paired with a good barrel it will be just as accurate as everything else. I really like my PMR and when I get it ULed it may just become my primary marker. I just wish that I could have tested it out to its full potential.

*VIDEO SECTION*

Heres my crappy vids

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYLApnFqVKY

Heres my new vid of my PMR ramping to 26bps dry firing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJT-jo3Sxsg

*PICTURE SECTION*

Here are some updated pics of the bolt system:

Bolt straight out of the back of the marker

Bolt with can disassembled from manifold

Bolt fully disassembled

More pics to show the scale of the marker:

PMR with my full setup and a 14" MacDev Matchstik barrel

PMR back view

PMR balance point

Size in comparison to my halo

Keep in mind this is an ongoing review and will be updated later this week after I get a chance to go play with my new toy . So be sure to check back at this first post for updates and more pics and vids. If you have any requests or questions let me know, I’m more then happy to help.

*FAQ SECTION*

Q: How much does the PMR cost?
A: $400

Q: What comes in the box?
A: PMR marker, Dye lube, a set of hex keys, 11" 1-piece Proto barrel, barrel sock, manual, extra o-rings

Q: How fast can it shoot?
a: The PMR board is capped at 30bps

Q: Does it have ramping?
A: Yes, it can ramp up to 30bps. The stock board has Semi, PSP, and Millenium modes

Q: What other settings can you adjust on the stock board?
A: ABS (anti bolt stick), Trigger sensitivity, Dwell and the Rate of Fire cap

Q:I heard it was plastic. Is that true?
A: The: feedneck collar, trigger, frame, eyecovers, and back cap are plastic. The rest of the marker is aluminum.

Q: How accurate is it?
A: Accuracy is dependent on the consistency of the regulator and the paint to barrel match. The Hyper2 is one of the most consistent regs on the market and the stock barrel is the same as any other 1-piece Proto barrel. Put simply, its good

Q: How consistent is it?
A: The Hyper2 is very consistent. My real world numbers at the field: 280, 280, 283, 282, 279, 280, 280, 280, 284, 281, 282

Q: How efficient is it?
A: My numbers at the field: I got about 1460 out of a full 68/4500 fill.

Q: Can I use my LP/HP tank on it?
A: You can use either a low pressure or high pressure output tank on your PMR.

Q: How's the barrel?
A: It's alright, a CP, UL or other high quality barrels will increase accuracy a bit.

Q: How much does it weigh?
A: 1.95lbs with the barrel, ASA, and battery installed.

Q: Does the frame feel cheap?
A: No, the frame feels very solid.

Q: Can I use my DM/PM upgrades for it?
A: Probably not. The PMR uses: Matrix detents, Autococker threaded barrels and Matrix threaded feednecks. No other bolts/internal upgrades are compatible.

Q: I've heard that PMR boards and Proto M7 boards are the same is that true?
A: Yes, they are the same board. Any after market M7 board will fit in your PMR.

Q: Is it UL frame compatible?
A: Yes, there is a specific PMR UL frame coming out for the Rail. Other UL frames will not fit.

Q: What kind of grips does it use?
A: Standard 45 grips

Q: Is it hard to clean?
A: No I can clean and re lube all of the internals in under 2 minutes.
04 WGP Prostock, 14" CP Two Piece, CP Regulator, CP ASA, CP Clamping Feedneck

Last edited by Nordic Ninja : 06-13-2007 at 08:39 AM.
Nordic Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-21-2006, 06:58 PM #2
oddbal

nice review
oddbal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 07:03 PM #3
omen is mad evil

very nice i want to see the video
omen is mad evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 07:05 PM #4
3DD13

finally, a real review.
3DD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 07:07 PM #5
dyematrix2005

looks good im just waiting on a red one before i buy it
dyematrix2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 07:08 PM #6
whosyomama311

cool
whosyomama311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 07:12 PM #7
theCOMEBACK

theCOMEBACK is a Supporting Member
This needs to be stickied in the PMR forum!

Great review.
theCOMEBACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 07:20 PM #8
paulwall007

try to get in pics of bolt and vids
paulwall007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 07:27 PM #9
MachineHead155

Hopefully this'll shutup some of the naysayers that claim the PMR will have kick because there's no LPR. And 99.9% of these people have never even held a PMR yet they try to act like they know how it shoots.

Good review by the way. Can't wait for the video.
MachineHead155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 07:27 PM #10
lm66
fisticuffs will ensue

lm66 supports Cereal Killerz 2
lm66 plays in the APPA D4 division
will the video have all modes? and whats the max bps?
lm66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 07:33 PM #11
theCOMEBACK

theCOMEBACK is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineHead155 View Post
Hopefully this'll shutup some of the naysayers that claim the PMR will have kick because there's no LPR.
The video I saw you could see the kick. The kid would squeeze off a few rounds and the barrel would rise up about an inch every time he let loose. Maybe he just had his setting jacked.... but from what I saw, there WAS some kick in there.
theCOMEBACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 07:35 PM #12
oddbal

use putfile or youtube to put of vid
Old 11-21-2006, 07:37 PM #13
MachineHead155

Quote:
Originally Posted by theCOMEBACK View Post
The video I saw you could see the kick. The kid would squeeze off a few rounds and the barrel would rise up about an inch every time he let loose. Maybe he just had his setting jacked.... but from what I saw, there WAS some kick in there.
Read the review. This guy is saying there is no kick. Ah well. Let's just wait for the upcoming video.
MachineHead155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 07:37 PM #14
UWANNAGO
Rarwzorgz

Im waiting for olive to come out and the ul. Nice review, I cant wait till all these haters see the vid of this thing.
UWANNAGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 07:38 PM #15
Nordic Ninja
I am Grim Fimbul Rage

^ I'm not sure about that PBdiscount vid but I can tell you from personal experience that the Rail I got has no noticeable kick. I'm not sure if it’s the Hater Sauce or if I'm just good at setting up my markers, either way I'm more then happy with it.

I have more pics of the bolt but unfortunately Photobucket is apparently having some problems as now I can't upload pics or vids anymore. They are coming ASAP I promise.

Don't get too exited about the vid, it’s just me on semi dry firing a bit. I'll get better vids at my field by the end of the holiday weekend.

Thanks for all of the comments guys.

Last edited by Nordic Ninja : 11-21-2006 at 07:42 PM.
Old 11-21-2006, 07:40 PM #16
HIOCTANE2
PISTOLERO

does it have the same kick or less than a dm3?
HIOCTANE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 07:41 PM #17
Nordic Ninja
I am Grim Fimbul Rage

Sorry I havent had the pleasure of shooting a DM3 so I can't answer that question.
Old 11-21-2006, 07:43 PM #18
ScubaZteve

Hmm i keep getting different answers for this, but whats the length of the barrel? And great review so far, can't wait to see vid.
ScubaZteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 07:54 PM #19
Nordic Ninja
I am Grim Fimbul Rage

Update #1 complete:

Bolt pics added, still waiting on video.
Old 11-21-2006, 08:00 PM #20
PbGunSeller

Nice Review.

People make videos on leaving the gun of the camera.

Lol, I hope your video shows the gun right by the camera shooting
Old 11-21-2006, 08:14 PM #21
oddbal

is the PMR efficient?