Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-04-2006, 08:41 PM #64
cogito ergo doleo

i have a dell e1505 i love it not one problem so far with it. Just a question. I am coming into some money soon it is possible to upgrade my memory
right now i have a 1 gi i would like to upgrade to 2 but i am a computer *******. So could i upgrade it?
cogito ergo doleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-04-2006, 08:44 PM #65
.Pablo Escobar.

has been a member for 10 years
yeah, do you remember if you have one dimm or 2? if one, just buy a gig stick, if not , you have to buy 2.. they are about 80 each

"Originally posted by jake21: yea, she just comes off as if she could be the girl next door. inocent and sexy, you know, the one you watch out your window when she is swimming in her poop :runaway:"

.Pablo Escobar. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 08:46 PM #66
cogito ergo doleo

but how and i was going to upgrade to 2 does that do it hold on i am going to find what it is.
cogito ergo doleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 01:09 PM #67
The Dread Pirate
Warning: Choking Hazard

The Dread Pirate is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galea
The E1505 is the American Version of the 6400. The 6400 and E1505 are the same.
No it isn't. The 6400 is the Medium/Large business version. The E1505 doesn't have as many options when building it (for example, you can't get 2GB of 1 DIMM RAM with the E1505).
Old 09-05-2006, 02:40 PM #68
patsrule711
I'm the Assman

patsrule711 is playing at Living Legends III
patsrule711 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
patsrule711 supports Team VICIOUS
patsrule711 is for the Gunfight
so the 6400 is better?
patsrule711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 07:11 PM #69
patmcc

i just ordered a new inspiron 9400

specs are:

2ghz dual core intel processor
2gb ram
ati radeon mobility or something 1700x
120 gb hard drive
8x cd/dvd burner (free upgrade)
17 inch screen

with a bunch of other stuff i dont remember

its 2ghz and dual core, it should run FEAR, BF2, CSS and HL2 and oblivion and all them on highest correct? i'm hoping the extra gig of ram and switchin to dual core was worth it.
patmcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 08:02 PM #70
.Pablo Escobar.

Wow, thats insane. How much did that run you? That should easily play CSS and HL2, I know that, but Idk about the other games.. I don't really play them..

"Originally posted by jake21: yea, she just comes off as if she could be the girl next door. inocent and sexy, you know, the one you watch out your window when she is swimming in her poop :runaway:"

Old 09-05-2006, 11:49 PM #71
oldskoolpbn
Legen...dary!

im really lookin at getting this... http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...D&nclm=MacBook

im not sure if its good or not but i want to give a macbook a try. right now i have a hp computer thats older then your mother and slower then your grandma so im looking for something new and something i can take anywhere. any other suggestions for a better laptop would be appreciated. thanks

*edit: if this helps, i mainly use my computer for music, video editing, photo editing and then school work.

Last edited by oldskoolpbn : 09-05-2006 at 11:57 PM.
oldskoolpbn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 03:23 PM #72
ST:T Resident Canadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldskoolpbn
im really lookin at getting this... http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...D&nclm=MacBook

im not sure if its good or not but i want to give a macbook a try. right now i have a hp computer thats older then your mother and slower then your grandma so im looking for something new and something i can take anywhere. any other suggestions for a better laptop would be appreciated. thanks

*edit: if this helps, i mainly use my computer for music, video editing, photo editing and then school work.
You know that a Dell with the same specs can video edit just as good. The only thing you would be paying extra for is the ability to run Mac programs.
"Originally posted by zellthemedic: I swear Ian. You're my roll model."

ST:Tech - We has Canadians
12345421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 07:25 PM #73
The Dread Pirate
Warning: Choking Hazard

The Dread Pirate is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by patsrule711
so the 6400 is better?
Not neccessarily. It depends on the configuration. The 6400 has the OPTION of being better than the E1505. It all depends on how much you spend.
Old 09-08-2006, 02:08 PM #74
patsrule711
I'm the Assman

patsrule711 is playing at Living Legends III
patsrule711 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
patsrule711 supports Team VICIOUS
patsrule711 is for the Gunfight
well will this be better
6400:
core 2 duo 1.66ghz
xp home edition
15.4 xga with true life
1 gig of ram, 2 dimm
120 gb hard drive
256mb ati mobility x1400
integrated sound blaster audigy
9 cell battery
intel prowireless card
total= 1,151
patsrule711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 04:08 PM #75
.Pablo Escobar.

I got pretty much that, except with a lower HD(80 gigs), and a better card, and no audigy or 9 cell, and I paid 880 with 400+ worth of coupons... Thats a pretty good deal

Old 09-09-2006, 12:23 PM #76

What is the difference between the core duo and the core 2 duo?

Old 09-09-2006, 12:59 PM #77
digitard
GregRedHastings.com

digitard works for a Paintball manufacturer
digitard is playing at Living Legends VIII
digitard has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
digitard is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
digitard is Legendary
Core 2 Duo is a conroe chip. AKA better.

Pablo you dont have that. He posted the new Conroe chip. You have a Core Duo, not a Core 2 Duo. Also your video cards are about the same.
Old 09-09-2006, 02:45 PM #78
.Pablo Escobar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitard
Core 2 Duo is a conroe chip. AKA better.

Pablo you dont have that. He posted the new Conroe chip. You have a Core Duo, not a Core 2 Duo. Also your video cards are about the same.
Oh ****! Didn't notice he posted conroe.. Damn. Then yeah thats alot better than mine lol.

Old 09-09-2006, 05:02 PM #79
paintball_kidz

I have an Averatec 4100 -AMD Turion 64 mobile, 1.60 GHz, 480 MB Ram.
Old 09-10-2006, 06:48 PM #80
igotbannedon5_18
Feels Good Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldskoolpbn

Yea, It would work great. Don't listen to the haters. All they ever say is that it is going to cost more, but they are just straight up wrong. I have a 2.0Ghz Macbook, which I bought for $1099 (student discount, and refurbished) a Dell with the same specs will cost about $1200, plus it won' have Front Row (which I LOVE) won't have a built in camera and the Dell will be alot thicker and heavier. My macbook is amazingly light ans sleek.

If a mac sounds interesting to you, and you aren't a huge gamer, go for it. You can still run games on it such as Counter Strike, and Halo2 if you want. Alot of games comming out now, are written in universal binary, so they work on macs too. If there's an older game or something non-mac compatible, you can still run it. Apple offers a free download called bootcamp, which will allow you to create a windows partician and a OS X partician on your hardrive. Then you can boot into windows and do whatever you need to do in windows, just like it's a regular PC. I'm sure you (like I did) will probably find windows unnecessary anyway and will fall in love with OSX.

As for school work. Microsoft makes Office for macs, and all new macs come with a 30 day trial. Just like regular PCs, a student edition will cost you about $80, and that will include Word, Power Point, Excel, and Entorage (not available for PC) So, you can get all your work done.

Basically, you can do anything on a mac that you can do on a PC, but it doesn't work the other way around...

P.S. I'd recommend the same thing I did, a 2.0GHz refurbished macbook, and upgrade the RAM yourself later if deemed necessary (save some money) It'll cost you $1099 (make sure you sign in as a student)

Last edited by igotbannedon5_18 : 09-10-2006 at 06:50 PM.
igotbannedon5_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 07:10 PM #81
.Pablo Escobar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotbannedon5_18
Yea, It would work great. Don't listen to the haters. All they ever say is that it is going to cost more, but they are just straight up wrong. I have a 2.0Ghz Macbook, which I bought for $1099 (student discount, and refurbished) a Dell with the same specs will cost about $1200, plus it won' have Front Row (which I LOVE) won't have a built in camera and the Dell will be alot thicker and heavier. My macbook is amazingly light ans sleek.

If a mac sounds interesting to you, and you aren't a huge gamer, go for it. You can still run games on it such as Counter Strike, and Halo2 if you want. Alot of games comming out now, are written in universal binary, so they work on macs too. If there's an older game or something non-mac compatible, you can still run it. Apple offers a free download called bootcamp, which will allow you to create a windows partician and a OS X partician on your hardrive. Then you can boot into windows and do whatever you need to do in windows, just like it's a regular PC. I'm sure you (like I did) will probably find windows unnecessary anyway and will fall in love with OSX.

As for school work. Microsoft makes Office for macs, and all new macs come with a 30 day trial. Just like regular PCs, a student edition will cost you about $80, and that will include Word, Power Point, Excel, and Entorage (not available for PC) So, you can get all your work done.

Basically, you can do anything on a mac that you can do on a PC, but it doesn't work the other way around...

P.S. I'd recommend the same thing I did, a 2.0GHz refurbished macbook, and upgrade the RAM yourself later if deemed necessary (save some money) It'll cost you $1099 (make sure you sign in as a student)
Is yours a dual core? If not, then its no where near the value of a Dell... For 880, I got:

E1505
Windows Media Center(easier to use, and better than Front row, trust me, I used to have a mac, and my brother still does)
1 gig ram
80 gig hd
1.66 Core Duo
Screen that is as good as the 17" mabookpro's screen

I'd say that pretty much dominates yours, espicially for the price..

Old 09-10-2006, 09:11 PM #82
igotbannedon5_18
Feels Good Man

yea, it's core duo. except it's 2.0GHz instead of 1.66GHz. which is a big difference.

Buying a slow processor is stupid. Now, in two years, when your Dell is half dead and obsolete, my macbook will still be goin strong, because it has a better processor and better OS.

I'm calling Shens on you about media center being easier than front row. It's really pretty much impossible to get any easier than it is with the apple remote. To play music, this is what you do: 1-press menu button on apple remote. 2- Choose if you want to play music, DVD's, videos, or display pictures. 3- select song, or shuffle. That's it. You push a button 4 times, and you're playin music.

I also call Shens, because if you used to have a mac, you wouldn't be using that POS windows machine right now...

EDIT: I just got bored, and configured a Dell Inspiron E1405to the exact specifications (except size, weight and the dell doesn't have a camera) of my macbook and it costs $1,254. people often forget that they have to add $80 or so to get anti-virus and firewall software to a PC that is not necessary on a mac. (it also costs $230 just to upgrade the processor enough to be equivilent to the macbook)

Last edited by igotbannedon5_18 : 09-10-2006 at 09:27 PM.
igotbannedon5_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 10:55 PM #83
Euouae

Euouae supports Cereal Killerz 2
Euouae donated to help Peyton Trent
Euouae supports Bob Gurnsey
Euouae supports our troops
MACS FTW.....
In all honesty they are better computers, IMHO. Faster, more reliable, great quality, look awesome. Pretty much immune to viruses which is a huge bonus. Another great thing about them is straight outta the box, they simply work. No hassles, they set themselves up.
GREAT computers.
Euouae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 11:12 PM #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotbannedon5_18
yea, it's core duo. except it's 2.0GHz instead of 1.66GHz. which is a big difference.

Buying a slow processor is stupid. Now, in two years, when your Dell is half dead and obsolete, my macbook will still be goin strong, because it has a better processor and better OS.

I'm calling Shens on you about media center being easier than front row. It's really pretty much impossible to get any easier than it is with the apple remote. To play music, this is what you do: 1-press menu button on apple remote. 2- Choose if you want to play music, DVD's, videos, or display pictures. 3- select song, or shuffle. That's it. You push a button 4 times, and you're playin music.

I also call Shens, because if you used to have a mac, you wouldn't be using that POS windows machine right now...

EDIT: I just got bored, and configured a Dell Inspiron E1405to the exact specifications (except size, weight and the dell doesn't have a camera) of my macbook and it costs $1,254. people often forget that they have to add $80 or so to get anti-virus and firewall software to a PC that is not necessary on a mac. (it also costs $230 just to upgrade the processor enough to be equivilent to the macbook)
The other guy had a typo. If his processor is 1.66ghz then he has a Core 2 Duo

His processor > Yours

And I worked on a Mac all summer. They are ok for general use, but so is a $400 desktop from Dell. I wasn't all that impressed with the Mac because it has to many limitations.

Edit: And if every Mac user wasn't so close minded at thinking they're Mac is incapable of being hacked then more people might be using them. I had to go to a seminar at the first of the summer on using Mac's and their OS to it's potential. Well a few tech went along too. It was great watching the speech thing on they're computers say, "This is a Mac attack, care for a firewall now?". The thing is that Macs were looked at as being simple so no one bothered to try and push them to they're full potential. That's why they failed. Now they're just a media icon.

Last edited by 12345421 : 09-10-2006 at 11:24 PM.