PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 02-05-2004, 10:17 PM #43
DAS19
D.A.V.E

has been a member for 10 years
Wow he sounds kick *** man good luck playing with oakland bro.

FEEDBACK
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-05-2004, 10:52 PM #44
Blinebuddy

Quote:
Originally posted by Shizzo

Besides, if this kid is really 14, if his parents will actually let him do all this, more power to him. Personally, I pretty much gave up paintball during my schooling times so I could have the job I have now. If this kid pursues being a pro-baller, who knows where his future will lie. No offense to the mad skills of pro ballers, but how much do you really think on AVERAGE they make. Not talking about the big names, im talking about the AVERAGE.

They should create a "Where are they now" show for ex-pro paintballers. Anyone remember back in the day of the old APG's, there was always atleast a 4 page spread of Smart Parts products with the All Americans and they always used to hype 2 of their best players in Steve "2-E" Barber and George Davidson. Where are they now?
man, ballin should NEVER be about the money, its for the fun. yes, the money may be a nice add on, but the ballin is generally always the heart of a pro baller.

well, as to where they are at now, i have no clue, all I know is I hope they are having fun.
Old 02-06-2004, 02:36 AM #45
Shermann

Quote:
Originally posted by Shizzo
No offense to the mad skills of pro ballers, but how much do you really think on AVERAGE they make. Not talking about the big names, im talking about the AVERAGE.
What does it matter how much they make? Everything isn't about money. They do what they love to do.
Do you actually love your mad paying job or the the money your job pays you?
Old 02-06-2004, 09:23 AM #46
spazspike
Banned

spazspike is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by Shermann
What does it matter how much they make? Everything isn't about money. They do what they love to do.
Do you actually love your mad paying job or the the money your job pays you?
Whaaaaat?

Am I the only one that doesn't agree here? I realize that if you play paintball for the money you're in the wrong line of work but last I check money was a pretty important element to living.

I actually love my job and the salary I get, paintball is a big part of my life but it's important to establish priorities. I'm sure if you take my salary at age 30 compared to the majority of pro or ex-pro paintball players at age 30 I'd come out on top.

Money is as important to them as it is to everyone, it's that money that puts them (and keeps them) on the field.
Old 02-06-2004, 09:34 AM #47
Punk'D
24/7/365

Punk'D is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by The Fonz
At cup he won a 2 on 1 against GZ silver to tie the game late in the 2nd half got the flag and hung it and then passed out at the flag station from dehydration...he didnt remember even gun fighting the last 2 guys....we were so inspired we didnt give up a point the rest of the game and won...he is an unbelievable gun fighter....I have lost many a gun fight to that kid and he is one of the best I have played with and against..good luck Ty

Spree
Damn sounds like me when I started playing. In my first tourny I had a 3 on 1, then the next game a 2 on 1. After I hung the flag in the second game I hurled and past out. Now everyone calls me Ralf. Wish I was still 15 again.

Last edited by Punk'D : 02-20-2004 at 08:46 AM.
Old 02-06-2004, 04:20 PM #48
angerchris

i envy this kid. im 14 right now and i play events around indiana but he actually gets to travel around and ****. Damn his parents must be cool. And this kid must be a damn good baller.

Last edited by angerchris : 02-06-2004 at 04:23 PM.
Old 02-07-2004, 08:57 AM #49
MY TEAM SUX
nobodys home

angerchris, where you play at in indiana? i think(mabye) i might have played with you in portland at paintball heat? was dat you?
Old 02-07-2004, 12:17 PM #50
Nor*Cal_Lokal

http://www.smacktalkpaintball.com/vi.../bl_crib.shtml their the vid he looks pretty sick
Old 02-07-2004, 01:32 PM #51
NorCalBalla

Quote:
Originally posted by shifte
Do you know of any NFL QB's that start their rookie season? Doubtful because is "rarely" happens.
payton manning, mike vick, joe montana, kyle boller, and most likely eli manning next season.
i dont think his age matters, just as long he can keep up and play well w/ the other players and give them some competition
Old 02-07-2004, 05:01 PM #52
angerchris

ya i think that was me, which team were u. the only teams there were ouch factor and dominion. i went the first day it opend i think. it was like 3-4 weeks ago.

Last edited by angerchris : 02-07-2004 at 06:55 PM.
Old 02-08-2004, 08:29 PM #53
OCK-Derek

Regardless if its hard to start in the NFL as a rookie, my main point was that he was the Hiesmen trophy winner not just another quaterback, so shouldnt he be expected to start???
Old 02-08-2004, 10:31 PM #54
notunknownguy
Moose Krew

notunknownguy is a Supporting Member
notunknownguy plays in the APPA beginner division
notunknownguy has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
notunknownguy has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
We were BadBoys, we had Black/Yellow Dye 2k3 Jerseys, all of us shooting Angels.

Feedback (25 Positives, 0 Negatives)
Old 02-09-2004, 02:42 PM #55
DefTone
finger lickin good

DefTone is a Supporting Member
DefTone is a founding member
DefTone owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DefTone supports Team VICIOUS
I dont know the kid & I've never seen him play...But, if Bobby picked him up something has to be there....And if he isnt the total package right now he will be after working with Bob....He knows his stuff

You wanna make $14 the hard way?
Old 02-09-2004, 08:10 PM #56
angerchris

nope didnt see you there......unless you saw any of team anger there. but the only teams we practiced against were ouch factor and dominion. no other teams were there.
Old 02-09-2004, 09:40 PM #57
Odius911
George Mason Paintball

it seem's a shame other ballerz are overlooked at local fields *sigh*
Old 02-13-2004, 10:54 AM #58
got sto??
RAZA

sick dude, this kids sounds awsome, i mean i'm 15 and my parents won't even let me travel to vegas for pan-am yet! lol, this kid is an inspiration to kids like me....i've been working my *** off the get noticed and finally i did(not on the level as this kid...but) hopes he rips heads off left and right

Drew

heart wins tournaments.
CHHHHAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGEEEEERRRRRRRSSSSS

Goldenstatesports.com
razalife.com
Old 02-13-2004, 04:41 PM #59
sjt19

I saw/played against/played with Tyler 2 weeks ago at Crossfire, and he was awesome. One of the best players i have seen, natural ability, and killer desire.

He could become a great player. Playing on a team with the kind of experience that Bob, Zach, Ron Nelson, etc.. all have will teach him what he does not already know.

Under their guidance he will be given every advantage to become a great.

Watch out for him in the future, he's got skill, killer team mates and experience behind him.
Old 02-13-2004, 05:04 PM #60
kookiemonstar

Quote:
Originally posted by ~PooPy~
he probally knows people you dont.
That preety much sums it up.
Old 02-15-2004, 09:56 AM #61
Odius911
George Mason Paintball

Quote:
Originally posted by spazspike

Money is as important to them as it is to everyone, it's that money that puts them (and keeps them) on the field.
Not true.
Old 02-15-2004, 10:00 AM #62
Odius911
George Mason Paintball

Quote:
Originally posted by sjt19

Watch out for him in the future, he's got skill, killer team mates and experience behind him.
If there's one thing he does not have it's experience. This kid came out of nowhere, he didn't play on Novice and Amateur before going straight to Pro NXL. He does not have experiences behind him.

Then again, if anyone trained with Bob Long I'm sure you could get on pretty much ANY team you want.

At first I thought man this kid is lucky to play at that level, then I figured well if he's whorthy of it, go ahead. But, you wanna know what's lucky? living only a few miles away from Bob Long....that's lucky.
Old 02-15-2004, 10:26 AM #63
friday_juice

Quote:
Originally posted by Odius911
If there's one thing he does not have it's experience. This kid came out of nowhere, he didn't play on Novice and Amateur before going straight to Pro NXL. He does not have experiences behind him.

Then again, if anyone trained with Bob Long I'm sure you could get on pretty much ANY team you want.

At first I thought man this kid is lucky to play at that level, then I figured well if he's whorthy of it, go ahead. But, you wanna know what's lucky? living only a few miles away from Bob Long....that's lucky.
he was playing div.2 x-ball w/ twisted