PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 05:13 PM #1
Phryxis

has been a member for 10 years
"The Best Gun"

Just trying to get a feel for the current state of the game, not looking to start a vs. thread...

What gun is most widely rated as "the best" right now?

I don't mean which one do YOU like best, I mean "if there was a poll, which gun would be rated the best?"

When I last played, the Angels were "the best." Plenty of people would say a Matrix was better, or an Intimidator, or whatever, but if you asked, the most common answer was the Angel.

What is that answer today?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-10-2010, 05:24 PM #2
theultimatehero
seiborg

theultimatehero is reppin' sidebar 4 life
gunna be closed, not really worth making this.
Old 04-10-2010, 05:46 PM #3
wAfflezzz

vs thread...aka not allowed.

i also returned recently and what ive seen is: luxes, egos, dms

SHAFT BARREL KIT FS
Old 04-10-2010, 08:05 PM #4
loneassassin
A Grim and...

The best one is the one that works the best in your hands.

Seriously, all high-ends shoot the same.

My halfblocked Trilogy pump:
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...6/P3250486.jpg
Old 04-10-2010, 08:09 PM #5
wgpballer5
Cannabis Corpse

wgpballer5 supports Team VICIOUS
Victory.

End vs thread.
Old 04-10-2010, 08:26 PM #6
aaaa1236
plop plop plop

aaaa1236 helped look for balloons
aaaa1236 is playing at Living Legends III
aaaa1236 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
my spyder imagine.
its true, ask anyone.
Old 04-10-2010, 09:30 PM #7
Ninja-Duck
I am the liquor

Ninja-Duck supports Bob Gurnsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgpballer5 View Post
Victory.

End vs thread.
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loneassassin View Post
The best one is the one that works the best in your hands.

Seriously, all high-ends shoot the same.
Yes.
Old 04-10-2010, 09:43 PM #8
Phryxis

Again, not trying to start a vs. thread or even look for advice on what gun to get...

I'm asking what most people would SAY is the best gun... Which gun has the most hype and reputation.

If you went to a local field, and took a poll of everyone there, "what's the best gun" what do you guys think the result of the poll would be?

Not what SHOULD it be, but what WOULD it be?

I don't understand all the vs-phobia on these forums... It makes it very, very hard to get any useful opinions, and people start "crying versus" when it's not even meant to be a comparison.

I'm not asking what gun you guys think is best, and arguments as to why. I'm asking what gun is most commonly called "the best" by the paintball world.
Old 04-10-2010, 09:52 PM #9
aaaa1236
plop plop plop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phryxis View Post
Again, not trying to start a vs. thread or even look for advice on what gun to get...

I'm asking what most people would SAY is the best gun... Which gun has the most hype and reputation.

If you went to a local field, and took a poll of everyone there, "what's the best gun" what do you guys think the result of the poll would be?

Not what SHOULD it be, but what WOULD it be?

I don't understand all the vs-phobia on these forums... It makes it very, very hard to get any useful opinions, and people start "crying versus" when it's not even meant to be a comparison.

I'm not asking what gun you guys think is best, and arguments as to why. I'm asking what gun is most commonly called "the best" by the paintball world.
Meant to or not, most threads like this are vs threads or become them very quickly. The issue with vs threads being, its impossible to solve most if not all vs threads. One groups supports marker 1, another supports marker b, they argue and flame and waste pages upon pages and get nowhere.

For instance, somebody said "victory, close thread"
Somebody else simply quoted them and said "no", which somewhat implies that saying victory was stupid and obviously wrong, where as the other person thinks victories are amazing. Then one person gets upset and starts saying negative things about the others choice in markers or often times about that person. Then they argue and waste time.

Also, if your looking for opinions remember this. opinions are facts, and the only opinion that matters is yours.

Most people will says SL Ego, luxes, maybe Dye gats (matrix and NT)
I doubt many people will say macdev or boblong, especially a non-intimidator style bob long, but thats just because they arent as popular imo.
Old 04-10-2010, 09:54 PM #10
Ninja-Duck
I am the liquor

There's no such thing as the best gun, all you'll get is opinions on what people prefer. High ends all shoot the same in the end, the only difference will be the feel while shooting and holding them. There is certainly no "best" feel, some people hate the way an ultralight frame on a DM feels and don't like how spoolies shoot, others love it to death. Its the same story with every high end, so you're never going to get a straight answer because it doesn't exist.
Thats why this thread is going to get closed.
Old 04-10-2010, 09:55 PM #11
Phryxis

Quote:
Most people will says SL Ego, luxes, maybe Dye gats (matrix and NT)
Thanks, this is what I was looking for. I knew all three (or four) of these were very popular, but I was getting the feeling that Dye guns were the most hyped...

Does it basically just correlate to the price that they can charge for them?
Old 04-10-2010, 09:59 PM #12
Phryxis

Quote:
There's no such thing as the best gun, all you'll get is opinions on what people prefer.
You're probably right, but again, I don't want opinions on what people prefer, I'm asking what they hear...

If you go to the field, you'll hear people having their own little "vs thread." One guy will say "no way man, the Luxe is abc, and xyz" and then another guy will say "ok, but the Ego is 123 and 456."

You hear enough of those, and you'll eventually notice a trend. More people are of the opinion that Gun X is the best. You might personally think that's wrong, but you'd still know that Gun X is the most widely talked about.

For example, we all know Barack Obama won the election in 2008. Some people didn't vote for him, but they still know that he won the election. I'm not looking for reasons that people vote as they do, I just want to know who has the most votes.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:00 PM #13
Ninja-Duck
I am the liquor

Quote:
Does it basically just correlate to the price that they can charge for them?
Pretty much. A lot of people will buy the new Dye or PE gun every year just because of the hype, regardless of the price or if its actually any different from last years model.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:03 PM #14
Phryxis

FWIW, I notice that the highest priced gun I can find appears to be the SLS Ego at about $1800. It must have a lot of hype behind it to be able to sell at that price.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:30 PM #15
Blazestorm2
I like me

My old 05 Dragon was the best gun ever... weighed like 3lbs by itself but never broke a single ball and got like 7-8 pods off a 45/4500...

I don't know why I find it so funny that we have these ridiculous advances with paintball guns and loaders, yet we still break paint.

I swear the whole concept of eyes in guns and force-feeding loaders was so that we DIDN'T break paint... this was the problem with automags, cockers, angels etc. is we didn't have any way to prevent ball breakage. So we came up with sensors to make sure a ball was in the breech. Then we came up with faster loaders to keep up with the high rates of fire the guns produced.

I think it has partially to do with the lower quality of paint that's being sold and how it's stored. Some stores and fields don't store it properly so it ends up shooting like **** when it comes time to purchase and use it.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:55 PM #16
aaaa1236
plop plop plop

Quote:
FWIW, I notice that the highest priced gun I can find appears to be the SLS Ego at about $1800. It must have a lot of hype behind it to be able to sell at that price.
Any ego will have a large backing. Sl egos are suppose to be the premier verdin of the ego, I believe they alwas retail at 1800ish when they are first released, there are only a limited run of sls's though, I believe 250 in the world or something, you can google it to find exact numbers.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:03 PM #17
Phryxis

Quote:
I don't know why I find it so funny that we have these ridiculous advances with paintball guns and loaders, yet we still break paint.
Paint gets broken when people push the limits, and when guns aren't set up right.

I had two Shockers (the old, shoebox style) that (as far as I can remember) chopped zero balls between them. There were guns back in 1997 that wouldn't chop paint, but they also only shot about 8 bps max.

Guns these days can get off almost 30 bps. You have to assume that if you capped one of these things to 8 bps, it would chop zero balls.
Closed Thread