PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-30-2003, 04:46 PM #1
ft57

ft57 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Field day at Warped Sportz L.A.

Last week, I had to make my annual trip all the way over to Warped Sportz L.A. for warranty work on my IR3, to try out the new SPEED, and to check out this new Glen Forster invention called the "DropKick" (click here for pics) . I had so much fun there, that I thought I'd share my "field day" at Warped.

The first thing I wanted to do was shoot the SPEED! The moment I stepped in the store, a customer was already there buying a WDP Speed. I noticed that he bought a complete SPEED package AND a DropKick device. He was in a hurry to get home and shoot a few cases of paint thru his new SPEED, so I didn't get a chance to try it out.

Moments later, another pre-paid customer walks in to pick up a SPEED complete with accessories AND the DropKick invention. This customer allows me to dry-fire this super weapon and all I can say is that it RIIIPPS!! Look at the SPEED's SPEEDometer, it's off the hook! There aren't enough LEDs to show how blazing fast that thing is! Jingle (WDP certified guntech) was testing it out in the shooting range and that SPEED was just destroying all the targets... shooting darts w/o a single break!

Dion, from team Stoned Assassins, shows up with his two gatling guns, both have DropKicks on them. Here, he explains how it works... "the dropkick allows you to switch the tank position in a split second.. neither elbow or hopper protrudes like before... and the gun stays vertical to maintain an optimal feedrate..."

Later, Everlast from Cypress Hill, he stops by to get his IR3 and SPEED upgraded with the DropKick.
pre-DropKick install:

Everlast and SPEED w/ Dropkick:

Jingle Rapiz: Avalanche pimpballer, WDP certified supertech, A.C.E. upgrade expert, and personal coach for Team Stoned Assassins.

Yesterday, I made my third ever trip to Warped L.A. (it's a long drive!) to drop off two of my friends' 2003 LCDs to get the world famous ACE upgrade(click here for Warpig's A.C.E. article). The silver dust and black dust '03 LCDs are the ones I dropped off to get ACE'ed. And what a coincidince, just when I'm about to dismantle the '03 LCDs to prepare them for ACE'ing, Wolverine's Ripper LCD arrives to get ACE'ed, too!

While there, Donald Adeosun ("Scrubs", "Clueless") shows up with a grip of Angels: IR3s, '03 LCDs, and a Fly IR3. He's just one of Jingle's many celebrity clients.

The only other time I've been to Warped L.A. was to pick up the ACE'ed pewter to silver dust fade 2k1 LCD that's featured in the Warpig ACE article. This place is a lot of fun to hang out and shop for all those goodies. And yes, I did end up buying one of those super cool DropKicks, one of the best inventions I have ever seen!

Warped Sportz (877) 927-7521
ft57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-30-2003, 04:55 PM #2
skeletor

Cool info nice pics
skeletor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 05:05 PM #3
wolverine

wolverine is a Supporting Member
wolverine is a founding member
wolverine supports our troops
wolverine has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Awesome story!!! I was so confused as to how you got pictures of my Ripper at Warped Sportz LA. Now I understand.

I currently use a WDP mini drop with AIR on my Ripper. I am interested in the Drop Kick. Can you do a little write up on how it works and how you like it. My biggest question is how easy does the drop kick allow you to remove your tank from the marker?? My gear bag is too full to hold a marker with air system attached.

Thanks!!
wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 05:10 PM #4
mike_dawg

i love those dropkick things...tried one out at ultimate madness, it felt so great.

-too bad i didnt have the cash to get one
mike_dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 05:21 PM #5
Trinot

I like the dropkick idea. I might buy one!
Trinot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 05:38 PM #6
nmr

nmr is a Supporting Member
nmr is a founding member
Nice article and pics! I'm a big fan of Cypress Hill and Everlast
The drop kicks are so sweet.. it's easy to use and extremely comfortable..

My Feedback.
nmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 05:40 PM #7
bLaCkIcE
Paintball Playin Jap :P

the drop kick thingys.. do the move really easily? or do you set it in 1 way and leave it like that?
Redz yay
Empire yay
Eclipse yay
bleh
bLaCkIcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 05:42 PM #8
BallaJake1706

it loks hela comfortable im gettin 1
BallaJake1706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 06:10 PM #9
JmaN-

JmaN- is a Supporting Member
JmaN- is a founding member
That dropkick isn't a "new invention." View Loader had somethin like that a while back.
JmaN- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 06:10 PM #10
FUK

wow... i've tried the drop kick... whoa, greatest gadget i have ever used!
FUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 06:25 PM #11
r0ar

Wow go steve! that stuff sounds badasss!!
r0ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 06:27 PM #12
2advanced

2advanced is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by JmaN-
That dropkick isn't a "new invention." View Loader had somethin like that a while back.
Correct, I had one on my nickel plated eclipse led. The design wasn't the best however (big surprise) but an identical concept ot the drop kick. The thing about the VL swivel drop was that it was much bigger (on the lines of a drop zone) and I found it difficult to adjust on the fly.
Old 04-30-2003, 06:42 PM #13
ft57

Quote:
Originally posted by wolverine
Awesome story!!! I was so confused as to how you got pictures of my Ripper at Warped Sportz LA. Now I understand.
Thanks Wolverine, Skeletor, and mr. Roar!

So as a favor, please become a supporting member (if you're already a supporting member, find another person to support the cause!). That'll give me the motivation to share some of the super interesting info that I learn on a daily basis.

Quote:
Originally posted by JmaN-
I know, I call it a new invention because I had never known such a device even existed. Once I got my own, I started showing it to teammates and friends. They were the ones who informed me that there were other similar products made "back in the days" that were bulkier and not as nice as this one. This "design" by Forster is the first of it's kind to be so compact and allows you to "shift on the fly", as in change tank position easily and very quickly. I was so impressed with this product that I had actually called Warped when I first learned of it's existence. I didn't order it right away cuz I had no idea it was going to cost $55!!! So, I had to sell my back-up revvy just to have enough money for this Dropkick "invention".

Here's a photogallery of related pics:
click here
Old 04-30-2003, 07:29 PM #14
bLaCkIcE
Paintball Playin Jap :P

is it possible to change positions while playing?? like i shoot left hand, then i swtich hands in a game, i just push the tank with my elbow.. will the thing move??
Redz yay
Empire yay
Eclipse yay
bleh
bLaCkIcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 07:33 PM #15
FUK

Quote:
Originally posted by bLaCkIcE
is it possible to change positions while playing?? like i shoot left hand, then i swtich hands in a game, i just push the tank with my elbow.. will the thing move??
yes...
FUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 07:53 PM #16
daNo

Good Work. Nice Pictures. The silver Speed looks a lot better in your pics than all the other pics I have seen. I may just have to go to TAG and get one.
daNo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 07:59 PM #17
JTp8ntballer12
im the gingerbread man

sorry but im a bit confused, what the heck is a dropkick?
JTp8ntballer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 08:09 PM #18
lordjavelox

Wow.
lordjavelox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 08:18 PM #19
r0ar

Keep up the reports!! we love them!!! go steve!!!
r0ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 08:19 PM #20
ft57

Quote:
Originally posted by JTp8ntballer12
sorry but im a bit confused, what the heck is a dropkick?
*sigh* this report is not about the Dropkick, lol. Ok, I'll write up a review of this product in the tank/dropforward forums and it should have answers all of your questions.

Anyway, I have good news for those of you who are interested in this product. I just asked if they would give a special discount to PbNation members and they agreed. Just mention that you heard about the Dropkick on PbNation and they'll give you $5 off the $55 price. I paid $55 plus tax, so it came out to something like $60. I wonder if I can call them back and ask for a $5 rebate? So yeah, if you order one, you can also ask them to throw in some free stickers and stuff. ALSO, tell them that they should advertise with us here at PbNation.com We have very good annual rates for banners. They can even buy a banner for their DropKick device. Heck, they should buy another one for their A.C.E. kit for the Angel LCD and IR3. All the ad money goes into improving this site's speed and upgrading the servers. So it's really for your own good that more companies advertise with us. Thanks for your help!

Here's the Warped L.A. # (877) 927-7521
Remember to ask Glen Forster to consider buying an ad banner here at www.PbNation.com
Old 04-30-2003, 08:20 PM #21
Lil888chink

Very nice articles FT57. Everyone go read the Ace Eye article. This mod looks so phat!!! Im definetely getting that for my IR3. That drop kick is tyte too...No more problems staying tight while playing. Im gonna drop by Warped this weekend to pick up an ACE and drop kick...hopefully they will have it in stock .
Lil888chink is offline   Reply With Quote