Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 08:15 PM #1261
Mastermind26
We are moons

Mastermind26 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-AK View Post
I need some prayers guys, I'm having a hard time with my gf right now and really just need some guidance and strength
I will be praying about it. Is there anything specific we can pray for (you know not too personal in details)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TESlight'emupTES View Post
Wil, is that your last name, Alarcon? I know a guy whose last name is Alarcon... weird. Kronk, I think Wil handled your questions pretty well. Just FYI, there are many differences between Islam and Christianity.

Well, I'm off to go watch the national championship... alone... 'cause I don't know where dad went tonight.
I think there are many Alarcons, but mostly asian (Philipino to be exact). I know there are also many Alarcons that are direct descendants from the Alarcons from Spain (and my ancestors since my great-great[great?]-grandfather was full blooded Spaniard), but sadly I don't know many that are from Central America.

CK member #04 (???)
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-02-2007, 08:18 PM #1262
Eels23
The Hoss

Eels23 plays in the PSP
Eels23 plays in the APPA D4 division
Eels23 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Eels23 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by TESlight'emupTES View Post
Wil, is that your last name, Alarcon? I know a guy whose last name is Alarcon... weird. Kronk, I think Wil handled your questions pretty well. Just FYI, there are many differences between Islam and Christianity.

Well, I'm off to go watch the national championship... alone... 'cause I don't know where dad went tonight.
Go gators!

Andy
Myspace
Luxe F/S NEED MONEY
QUITTING SALE! CHEAP
Old 04-02-2007, 08:19 PM #1263
TESlight'emupTES
My username is stupid

TESlight'emupTES donated to help Peyton Trent
Let's go Bucks!

Wil, the Alarcon I know is from Mexico. First generation of his family to be born in the US, I believe.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:22 PM #1264
The-AK
Trill Life

The-AK plays in the PSP
The-AK plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermind26 View Post
I will be praying about it. Is there anything specific we can pray for (you know not too personal in details)?
I'll go ahead and tell the story:

Well first off it all started at lunch today. She went to lunch with a friend, no big deal. Well, her friend decided to invite like 3 or 4 guys to go with them. No big deal really, I trust her and all. Then I was told by one of the guys that went with them (pretty close friend, I trust he was telling the truth) that my gf was flirting like HARDCORE with all the other guys in the car. I got kinda ticked off by that, but I thought I would let it slide cause she didn't cheat on me or anything. Well then, instead of coming back to school after the break, they all agree to ditch and go to the mall. I'm not a goody two-shoes, and I wasn't mad that she ditched, I was mad at the decision. She used to never ditch, she was always a good kid, went to class, never really got in big trouble. And lately she's been really changing, in terms of the type of people she hangs out with (good to bad kids, and I mean BAD kids). She's been doing a bunch of stuff that she wouldn't have when we started dating. I'm getting worried more than anything, cause I don't want to to get into drugs, or anything like that.

We talked after she got back and we were cool, so I thought. Well we walked home together (my house is on the way to her house) and we decided we were going to hang out tonight. Well after dinner I text her to ask if she's ready or if she even can hang out.
The text I get back reads:
"I'm at Brian's house"

Uhm...wow. She totally just ditched me. I didn't want to make a big deal out of it though because, well I've kinda ditched her too in the past. Then I find out who's over there; Nick, Clint, Brian, and probably other guys. I trust Clint, but Nick and Brian are total perverts and don't respect the fact that girls have boyfriends. So I get worried and stuff, like any guy would (well, i hope ).

And then she gets all inconsiderate about the whole thing. I told her that it bothered me that she was over there with all those guys, and that she kinda ditched me in the first place. Then she gets all snobby about it and doesn't even seem to care about what I think.

Any advice?
Old 04-02-2007, 08:31 PM #1265
Mastermind26
We are moons

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-AK View Post
I'll go ahead and tell the story:

Any advice?
Honestly speaking, it sounds like you guys have communication issues. If these changes were evident from a while back, there should have been a LONG-sit down-discussion to nip it in the bud.

On the other side, if she is showing signs of change to being more promiscuous, then I'd say her heart is already distant from you (as in she's moving on).

Either way, she needs to be told of your hurt emotions (and heart) and she needs to evaluate exactly where you fit in terms of priority. Plus, I don't know that she's saved (is she?).

I will pray for this. Sorry man, I have been in your shoes dood. It hurts bad when your heart is committed but not the other person's.

CK member #04 (???)

Last edited by Mastermind26 : 04-02-2007 at 09:37 PM.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:49 PM #1266
DaytonLax14
Corey Stevens

DaytonLax14 donated to help Peyton Trent
DaytonLax14 helped look for balloons
Go gators. i can't stand OSU. it's all i hear about living here in ohio.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:26 PM #1267
TESlight'emupTES
My username is stupid

Austin, like Wil said, just sit down and talk with her. Tell her how you're feeling. If your relationship still means anything to her, she'll listen. If it doesn't, it sounds blunt or harsh, but you don't need to be together.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:47 PM #1268
Mastermind26
We are moons

K guys. I'm out. Kinda dead here today, huh?

Anyway, I appreciate your prayers for all the needs posted up. I am on the prayer needs too. I am still praying for Prestyn and Kenny (I think that was his name, sorry ).

CK member #04 (???)
Old 04-02-2007, 09:54 PM #1269
shooteronyour6
...uses PB to share Jesus

shooteronyour6 helped look for balloons
Thumbs up Do you feel called of God to serve God?

I would like you to pm me. Thanx!
Psalms 40:2-3
FeedBack link:
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...oote ronyour6

Last edited by shooteronyour6 : 04-02-2007 at 10:10 PM. Reason: Chg of subj.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:02 PM #1270
Tivo32
Be Clutch

wow...that sounds like a great idea Steven. Haha, my gifts aren't really in the technological field, but I am a people person and I would love to help if you'd want me to. Let me know what I can do to be of service!!
Old 04-02-2007, 10:20 PM #1271
flyingFatman

Hey guys im doing a science project and i need a good bible verse to go along with it that has to do with my topic. i've used a thesuares and www.biblegateway.com and still havent found anything. a pm with a good verse would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:27 PM #1272
shooteronyour6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tivo32 View Post
wow...that sounds like a great idea Steven. Haha, my gifts aren't really in the technological field, but I am a people person and I would love to help if you'd want me to. Let me know what I can do to be of service!!
PMing you now. )
FeedBack link:
Old 04-02-2007, 10:27 PM #1273
Eels23
The Hoss

Eels23 plays in the PSP
Eels23 plays in the APPA D4 division
Eels23 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Eels23 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I know I have asked for prayer already today but I need another please. I am having a really rough time right now psychologically. Nothing I do really seems to be going right, some of my best friends are now starting to show their real selves, and school is just destroying me right now. I am doing my best to stay positive but it's hard. If you could please just pray for things to get better and easier for me. Thanks everyone.

Andy
Myspace
Luxe F/S NEED MONEY
QUITTING SALE! CHEAP
Old 04-02-2007, 10:28 PM #1274
shooteronyour6

What's the topic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingFatman View Post
Hey guys im doing a science project and i need a good bible verse to go along with it that has to do with my topic. i've used a thesuares and www.biblegateway.com and still havent found anything. a pm with a good verse would be greatly appreciated.
Please PM your reply?
FeedBack link:
Old 04-02-2007, 10:32 PM #1275
flyingFatman

ya
Old 04-02-2007, 10:35 PM #1276
TESlight'emupTES
My username is stupid

Ohio State loses again. Two straight national championships, two straight games against Florida, two straight losses. We're amazing.

Steven, what's your idea about serving God? Shoot me a PM on it.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:47 PM #1277
Rev_Shocker
Karnage Factory

Rev_Shocker has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Andy,
Prayers are happening brother. Don't get discouraged, don't get down. Don't ever forget that you are a child of the King, and that you can go to Him with your problems, and He will hear you. Here's one of my favorite verses..."These things I have spoken unto you, that in Me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation, but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." John 16.33 (KJV)
We're promised problems and trials. God has given you the grace to get through what you are going through. Realize that in the end, we triumph, we conquer, we win because of Christ Jesus. We're here for you, let us know what's going on!

See you in the middle!
Rev. Jason Geer
CPPA #1012
Christ Krew
Ironmen Fan Club #48
Dave Youngblood Fan #21
Aftershock Fan Club #20
Xbox live: SpeciousWhale2
Old 04-02-2007, 10:52 PM #1278
shooteronyour6

Prayer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eels23 View Post
I know I have asked for prayer already today but I need another please. I am having a really rough time right now psychologically. Nothing I do really seems to be going right, some of my best friends are now starting to show their real selves, and school is just destroying me right now. I am doing my best to stay positive but it's hard. If you could please just pray for things to get better and easier for me. Thanks everyone.

Andy
Andy, I really do 'feel' where you're coming from. But can I give you a word of encouragement instead of praying as you requested? Take the time, right now, to focus on Jesus. You may recall how He was left by all His friends and followers for a time; atleast they left in their hearts.
I'm referring to the garden of Gethsemane. Can you remember it? Well, if you can; you'll remember that He LITERALLY cried out to The Father. Not asking to bedelivered, but rather That He, The Father, be glorified. That His will be done!

Might I encourage you to do the same? Take some time to step back and reflect on what's really important...then take it to Him. Submitting yourself to His will. "Nevertheless, Father, let Thy will be done!"
"Thy Kingdom come, THY will BE done, on earth as it is in heaven!"
Pray to see the hand of GOD, Andy! That He would be glorified. You wont regrett it.
FeedBack link:
Old 04-03-2007, 07:44 AM #1279
Mastermind26
We are moons

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingFatman View Post
Did you get help already? If not, shoot me a pm and maybe I can be of assistance.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eels23 View Post

Andy
Andy I got you in prayers man. I think you got some great advice too (thanks Jason and Steven)

The key is to cry out to God. To communicate your frustrations and conflicts and battles and pains. To share your pain with God and then to trust that He'll help you get through it. I think it is a lesson we all go through and we don't like. However we know to them that love God all things work together for GOOD! (Rom. 8:28 - And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.). May you glorify God through this hard time in your life!

If you need to vent, just shoot a pm and we can talk. Or if it's something you feel needs to be heard (rather than typed) I can give you my cell so we can talk. Family helps family Andy.

CK member #04 (???)

Last edited by Mastermind26 : 04-03-2007 at 08:00 AM.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:50 AM #1280
Mastermind26
We are moons

Good Morning Krew! I hope everyone had a good night sleep. I already posted a verse for today, but I would like to post it again and maybe just point a couple of things out.

Rom. 8:28 - And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

Did you know that God never promised to give you an easy life? There are 2 things we are guaranteed from the moment we are born. 1) you WILL experience pain/suffering. 2) you WILL die. However, through it all, God is right there with us in the trenches! He is our Hope and Assurance! When we go through life's bumps, He's the one to hold us tight and help guide our feet so we don't fall, so that we get through it wiser and tougher and closer to Him.

It is funny that today's verse and yesterday's (mine) fit so nicely:

Yesterdays: 2 Tim. 3:12 - Yes, and all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution.

Todays: Rom. 8:28 - And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

Think about that. Good Morning Krew ~R&R!~

CK member #04 (???)

Last edited by Mastermind26 : 04-03-2007 at 08:00 AM.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:12 AM #1281
shooteronyour6

Good morning Wil, CK; Yeah, I had somewhat of a goodnight sleep.TU, and U? Ya know, Rom. 8:28 has carried me thru so much in my short 19 yrs of being a christian.
Sometimes 'life' seems to really blow my mind and I will recall that vs. and know that even in this My Father in heaven is in control. He is, after all; "LORD of lords AND KING of kings!" And KNOWING this floods my heart w/peace.
I am SOOO glad He moved the heart of man to put those words thru hand to paper! GOD IS SO GOOD!
FeedBack link:
Closed Thread