Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-03-2012, 11:25 AM #22
CA_Tectonics

There are several on the market that do just fine.

My preference is TechT GunSav, however, these will also work:

Monkey Poo
sl33k - or whatever the GOG version is called now
PB Jelly
Lurker Lube
or just about any Dow 33 based lube will do.

The stock DP-40 lube does have a place, IMO. I use it for areas that have static o-rings - regulator, backcap threads, etc. For all o-rings that are involved in dynamic motion, the GunSav is my choice.
– 7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
– APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
– Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-05-2012, 05:59 AM #23
Spraypainting

Spraypainting owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Spraypainting owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
Spraypainting owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Spraypainting plays in the APPA D4 division
Like most guns a little maintenance goes along way dp makes a good product they just use crappy lube from the factory so 1 little hiccup and everyone hates it
Spraypainting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:07 PM #24
rkenders
Northern Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefoxx04 View Post
thats not the point.

1) baby oil wont stay on the bolt long enough for 2 matches (baby oil or try flow, does not matter)

2) baby oil will do the same thing to the noid, run it dry!

3) the regulator wont be as consistent.
A few things wrong with these statements...
1. I used Techt gun drops on my G4 because of bolt stick and it did solve my initial bolt stick problems. I was able to shoot at least a case of paint before needing to put another drop of oil on the bolt. Oil lasts longer than 2 matches...a LOT longer!!!

2. Baby oil or any kind of oil wont get into the solenoid or if it does it will be a miniscule amount. Furthermore, air from in front of the bolt passes through the solenoid vent when the gun fires and as such oil "running anything dry" is very unlikely and wont get to anything other than the solenoid vent passageway and NOT the entire solenoid spool.

3. Oil on the bolt can't in any way, shape or form EVER get to the regulator. Air flow does NOT go from the bolt to the regulator. It goes from the regulator to the bolt making it impossible for oil to get in the regulator from putting oil on the bolt. As a result there is no possible way that putting oil on your bolt will make the regulator do anything different. Just not going to happen!!!

OK to the original question...
I think people hate on DP because they make guns that work that don't cost a fortune. Most of the DP haters have spent 2 to 5 times more for their glorious whatever gun and are jealous that you can buy a DP gun for $330 that does the same thing only a little less well. Do DP guns sometimes have problems? Yes. Do Ego's or DM's or what ever sometimes have problems? Yes. DP hating has little to do with the quality of DP guns despite the excessive whining about macroline fittings or random leaks or whatever and MUCH more to do with jealousy over someone shooting a gun that can dominate the field just as well as expensive guns can but for MUCH less money.

In case anyone is wondering...
I own a DP G4, 2010 PMR, 2011 Reflex, Drone DX, Clone VX, Cyborg RX, G6r and 2 auto cockers. I like the G4 better than the PMR and Reflex, but less than any of my Macdevs or the G6r. The cockers are in a class of their own. My point is I am not clueless about what is or isn't a good gun.

Last edited by rkenders : 12-06-2012 at 10:31 PM.
rkenders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:36 PM #25
Milkstache

has been a member for 10 years
Milkstache owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Milkstache owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Milkstache supports Team VICIOUS
Several reasons why I hated mine...
The fittings and macroline had to be replaced right out the box. At $300 I feel like I should at least get a marker that didn't leak out of the box. Whatever, I was prepared and replaced them but ran me about $15. The bolt stick I never had because I did my research and relubed the marker with techt gun sav. Now, I use it a couple times and clean it thoroughly each time. Now, after a little bit the board goes weird and won't enter programming mode. I called DP and shipped it to them. The board was free but it still cost me $30 in shipping and their general repair fee to replace something that shouldn't be breaking. Also, the lady I was working with told me they found the gunsav that I was using and said that prolonged use would ruin the solenoid and to only use DP 40. I told her about the bolt stick and it seemed as if she had never heard of the issue.

Now on to the marker features I hated. The feedneck had teeth in it that would chew my loader neck and over time made little rings on the neck so it became a big hassle to fit it on the marker. The trigger was a break-away magnet and it felt awful, I could not stand that trigger. The regulator was to close to the trigger guard for me so I would hit my other hand when I was walking the trigger. Also, the thing kicked like hell.

In the end, if you like it awesome, if you don't oh well and for me it just wasn't a good match.
Milkstache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:13 AM #26
Lightsout777
Lightsout777

Lightsout777 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I bought a G4 2 years ago simply cause I liked its price, the looks (custom colours) and the fact that it was so completely different compare to what most players here in South Africa play with.
I still to this day get asked what kind of marker it is or if it is the new PE Ego/Geo/DM or something.
Mine has a stock bolt and reg but with PMD (for the looks), Freak barrel, Virtue board, 7th Element eyes and I usually run a Spyder Fasta loader. It's not "up'd" (modded as we say here) by any streach of the imagination. But runs like a dream and shoots ropes.
I've had a couple of issues, mostly due to me not being careful enough (stripped the eye-cover, pinch the eye-wires and properly messup the original noid) But for the most part nothing really that I couldn't fix myself. No bolt stick and the leaking macro was a $3 fix for a new hose. It does have a little issue with a leaking back cap oring but I know why that is but it'll be fixed soon enough.

Sure so many peeps have had issues, but they are not critical... but if you're not one to tinker or tweak like I do (you will never learn anything) and if you're not into lubing your marker once in a while, then expect issues... That's not the manufacturers fault... It's Yours, Be a man and admit you're a slob.
Lightsout777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:33 AM #27
JUGGERNAUT69

JUGGERNAUT69 is for the Gunfight
JUGGERNAUT69 is for the Gunfight
JUGGERNAUT69 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
JUGGERNAUT69 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightsout777 View Post
I bought a G4 2 years ago simply cause I liked its price, the looks (custom colours) and the fact that it was so completely different compare to what most players here in South Africa play with.
I still to this day get asked what kind of marker it is or if it is the new PE Ego/Geo/DM or something.
Mine has a stock bolt and reg but with PMD (for the looks), Freak barrel, Virtue board, 7th Element eyes and I usually run a Spyder Fasta loader. It's not "up'd" (modded as we say here) by any streach of the imagination. But runs like a dream and shoots ropes.
I've had a couple of issues, mostly due to me not being careful enough (stripped the eye-cover, pinch the eye-wires and properly messup the original noid) But for the most part nothing really that I couldn't fix myself. No bolt stick and the leaking macro was a $3 fix for a new hose. It does have a little issue with a leaking back cap oring but I know why that is but it'll be fixed soon enough.

Sure so many peeps have had issues, but they are not critical... but if you're not one to tinker or tweak like I do (you will never learn anything) and if you're not into lubing your marker once in a while, then expect issues... That's not the manufacturers fault... It's Yours, Be a man and admit you're a slob.

Past Gun: Tippmann(98,Project Salvo, A5, Phenom) Dangerous Power(FX, G5, Rev-i, G3 iQ, Threshold, G4) Spyder Fenix, Smart Parts SP1 & Shocker NXT Octane, Vanguard Creed & Demon"RIPPER" GOG Excty, Phantom Pump, DLX Luxe 2.0
JUGGERNAUT69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:35 AM #28
rigolo7788

rigolo7788 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I think that most of the people who think that G4 is a bad marker are just sure that a marker needs to be more than $1000 to be great.

And moreover most of these guys don't really know how their DM, Luxe, GEO... work and how to maintain them
rigolo7788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:53 AM #29
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

firefoxx04 supports Bob Gurnsey
firefoxx04 plays in the APPA D3 division
firefoxx04 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkenders View Post
A few things wrong with these statements...
1. I used Techt gun drops on my G4 because of bolt stick and it did solve my initial bolt stick problems. I was able to shoot at least a case of paint before needing to put another drop of oil on the bolt. Oil lasts longer than 2 matches...a LOT longer!!!

2. Baby oil or any kind of oil wont get into the solenoid or if it does it will be a miniscule amount. Furthermore, air from in front of the bolt passes through the solenoid vent when the gun fires and as such oil "running anything dry" is very unlikely and wont get to anything other than the solenoid vent passageway and NOT the entire solenoid spool.

3. Oil on the bolt can't in any way, shape or form EVER get to the regulator. Air flow does NOT go from the bolt to the regulator. It goes from the regulator to the bolt making it impossible for oil to get in the regulator from putting oil on the bolt. As a result there is no possible way that putting oil on your bolt will make the regulator do anything different. Just not going to happen!!!
No really?

I used to keep a list of how many people I helped that were using baby oil and DID NOT have a working gun. Switching to a grease and relubing their bolt reg and noid FIXED their gun.

Not sure why your using techt oil when their grease will last longer than a case of paint but thats your choice.

Baby oil on the reg will not help it be as consistent, that sound better? DP grease on the reg will not work very well either. Not to the effect of making the gun stop working but its not optimal. Baby oil making its way to the noid wort help much either and can cause the marker to STOP functioning.

There were a few people putting oil in their ASA before every day of play or something crazy like that, that would most deff get into the reg but most likely wont stop the gun from working until it all washes off the bolt and washes the noid out. So their gun that worked last week no longer works this week and they freak out.

If you want to keep talking about oil and how it wont wash a solenoid out EVENTUALLY then you can call Jack Rice up at 530 344 1155. He will tell you all about how putting oil in a solenoid or in the asa would be a poor choice.

the point, DP guns need to be used with a grease. We recommend greasing the day before you play but thats not always needed. The right grease will work for a while but it all depends on how much paint you shoot, what grease you used, and how much grease you used.

The right grease on a DP noid will cause the noid to be very reliable and most likely NEVER need servicing. Same goes for the regulator, as long as gunk does not make it into the reg, you will not need to service your regulator but once a season.
firefoxx04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:46 PM #30
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
Yip.......oil will wash out the grease that comes inside the noid. Yes they come pre lubed. Once the oil removes all of the grease that's supposed to be in the noid, then you're stuck having to use oil often and forever to keep the noid orings slick. Or.....you have to take the noid apart and re-grease it.

I agree that when oil is actually in the gun it works great. The problem is it just shoots dry too quickly(not to mention down your barrel), and washes grease out of other areas like the noid and regulator. Just stick to what the manual says. You should be able to use almost any grease, if you use the proper amount. I've never had problems with any brand of grease on any gun. Lube lite and lube every time you play.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:19 AM #31
Lightsout777
Lightsout777

Question.
Has anybody ever stripped their marker down, board, noid, orings etc, to just the hollow body and grip frame and actually washed them? Like with hot water and soap or in a dishwasher for per say (my team mate does this with all his soft gear including his podpack and pods, not his marker or loader though)?
I know it sounds like a silly question, but I need to get rid of some fluff (from my barrel swab) and metal shavings (stripped the eye cover screw and got it heli-coiled) from the inside of my marker and it's really the only thing I can think of that will work properly! Could I do the same with my reg, i.e pull it a part, remove all the orings and give it a good wash out too. I have a complete oring kit for my G4, so I won't be putting the old one back it... That's just silly

Is it a bad idea? Obviously I'll re-grease all the components (even give my noid and reg a proper service) before re-installing them.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:56 AM #32
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Question.
Has anybody ever stripped their marker down, board, noid, orings etc, to just the hollow body and grip frame and actually washed them? Like with hot water and soap or in a dishwasher for per say (my team mate does this with all his soft gear including his podpack and pods, not his marker or loader though)?
I know it sounds like a silly question, but I need to get rid of some fluff (from my barrel swab) and metal shavings (stripped the eye cover screw and got it heli-coiled) from the inside of my marker and it's really the only thing I can think of that will work properly! Could I do the same with my reg, i.e pull it a part, remove all the orings and give it a good wash out too. I have a complete oring kit for my G4, so I won't be putting the old one back it... That's just silly

Is it a bad idea? Obviously I'll re-grease all the components (even give my noid and reg a proper service) before re-installing them.
Yep - Done it multiple times with all of markers (except for my Species). I use a large bowl of hot, soapy water and a kitchen wash cloth. Just be sure to dry it well before putting it all back together.
– 7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
– APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
– Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:23 AM #33
Lightsout777
Lightsout777

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_Tectonics View Post
Yep - Done it multiple times with all of markers (except for my Species). I use a large bowl of hot, soapy water and a kitchen wash cloth. Just be sure to dry it well before putting it all back together.

Great, thanks for that. Now that it's the off season here, I'll do it over this weekend or next.
Old 12-14-2012, 04:38 PM #34
junits15

Bolt stick was a problem but not many people realized that the gun came with the abs off. The lube was a problem but was a minor issue, it could have been fixed but either turning on the abs or simply increasing the dwell(although I don't think that the new plays ever lube their guns unless they are well informed). Another thing that amuses me is that your gun is supposed to be cleaned after every day of play so the lube should not be an issue.
junits15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:52 PM #35
FPSmaniac152

To be honest, I don't mind the bolt stick "problem". In some ways its a good thing. It makes the people I sell stuff to actually clean their crap so they don't come whining to me about it a week later saying it doesn't work when all they needed to do was clean it.

I hate stupid people. Espescially stupid people who are too dumb to know their stupid
FPSmaniac152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:37 PM #36
noodles4u

noodles4u owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
noodles4u has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Question.

I do that to all of my markers once a year and rebuild them...or if my marker takes a bunch of shots to it. I like keeping my stuff clean.

PE Ego 9
Dangerous Power G3 Spec R
Smart Parts EOS
Spyder Imagine LED
noodles4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:35 PM #37
xmc1146

xmc1146 is for the Gunfight
xmc1146 supports Ninja Paintball
xmc1146 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
I overhaul clean up after about 15 cases.
xmc1146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:11 PM #38
Rancid1845
Not Lazy........ Just Fat

Rancid1845 owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
Rancid1845 plays in the APPA D4 division
Rancid1845 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Question.

Wow....really? I would never do that to a paintball marker. Try blowing it out with compressed air before you submerge it in water.
Top Gun T3
West Virginia University
Murder Inc. Silver
Rancid1845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:13 PM #39
Rancid1845
Not Lazy........ Just Fat

Rancid1845 owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
Rancid1845 plays in the APPA D4 division
Rancid1845 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPSmaniac152 View Post
To be honest, I don't mind the bolt stick "problem". In some ways its a good thing. It makes the people I sell stuff to actually clean their crap so they don't come whining to me about it a week later saying it doesn't work when all they needed to do was clean it.

I hate stupid people. Espescially stupid people who are too dumb to know their stupid
Were you trying to be hypocritical by misspelling "especially" thus proving your own stupidity?
Top Gun T3
West Virginia University
Murder Inc. Silver
Rancid1845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:07 AM #40
Bigryan55

plays in the NXL
I've had a G4 for a while now and I love it.. Like everyone above me has said I really think people hate a gun that costs a fraction of what the high end guns cost and can keep up with any of them.. I done have a crazy amount of upgrades either.. The newest tech-t bolt(with the threaded back cap), a CP regulator and an empire barrel kit.. My biggest up is that I clean it an lube it regularly with PE Grease and sometimes Tech-t gun sav.. As far as the few problems with the gun that people complain about, every gun will have problems from time to time.. With that said I will take the bolt stick or macro line problems any day over some of the problems I've seen my friends have with other guns.. And I think you can find people on here that will complain about just about any gun.. Over all I have loved my G4 and am still surprised when people see me on the field and are surprised by how well my G4 performs.. But a good player will be good with anything just like a bum will be a bum even with a Luxe.. So I believe 2 things about the G4.. 1) user error plays a part in G4 complaints and 2) Its a great gun when taken care of..

And I also wash my gun once in a while.. I'm a mechanic who has rebuilt a bunch of engines and transmissions and there is nothing wrong with cleaning something mechanical with soap and water as long as you make sure it is completely dry when you start to reassemble it.. You'll get all kinds of crap out of it.. If you play hard you know dirt, sand and all kinds of crap get in there and just re-lubing it wont get rid of that crap..
Bigryan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:47 PM #41
mrblazo
thrill chaser

I had a g4, loved it at first but then just problem after problem. I was constantly working on it and playing less and less. Got a 2010 pmr as back up, and after that the g4 was garbage. Sold it for a huge loss just to get it out of my sight. Loving the pmr!
mrblazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:46 PM #42
xmc1146

xmc1146 is for the Gunfight
xmc1146 supports Ninja Paintball
xmc1146 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblazo View Post
I had a g4, loved it at first but then just problem after problem. I was constantly working on it and playing less and less. Got a 2010 pmr as back up, and after that the g4 was garbage. Sold it for a huge loss just to get it out of my sight. Loving the pmr!
true story?!
xmc1146 is offline   Reply With Quote