PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-07-2006, 05:00 PM #1
Hate/Love

First Attempt at Photography

Ok, this is my very first attempt at photography. I tried the advice in my last thread and just messed with my manual settings a bit. Let me know which ones look the best (if any, that is). Also, these are unedited. Just resized using Adobe Photoshop Elements 3.0.

*number 2-5 were all different settings, but it doesn't look like it did much.

Last edited by Hate/Love : 06-08-2006 at 04:43 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-07-2006, 05:09 PM #2
onSpEeD
.: Pat :.

onSpEeD is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
I like number one. The rest look like snapshots.
Old 06-07-2006, 05:12 PM #3
Hate/Love

Do you have any advice on how to make them better? Maybe different settings or just shoot something completely different?
Old 06-07-2006, 05:45 PM #4
ImpactkidzJoe
Ride or Die

They are boring subjects. Also, get closer. Read as much as you can, online, books, anything you can get your hands on.
Old 06-07-2006, 08:43 PM #5
what a thing

/hate

Soon to Come
Empire Magna Loader, Angel Magno Kit
Old 06-07-2006, 10:30 PM #6
Dunkler Engel

Shoot something else... We can't really help much until you don't just do snapshots and as Impactkidzjoe said, read up as much as you can on everything
Old 06-08-2006, 10:01 AM #7
ripper17

agreed
read all u can!!!
and try to make big stting changes to the what it does and how it can help the photo
Old 06-08-2006, 10:27 AM #8
RyanIsG0d

Alright Granted like most people said, these are boring subjects and snapshots. heres some advice that I think might help some of these. (but it wont make them perfect)

1: Take from a lower angle. Remember, when taking pictures, try to get a new low angle. Dont always just stand.

2-5: would have been cooler if the f stop was lower like a f3 or 4. It would blur out the turtle (kinda) and the rest of the pic would be blurred too, leaving the flower pot standing out.

6-10: just not good subjects to shoot. Can't think of anyhting that would make them pleasing to look at.

But you have the idea, and you have the manual settings down so thats a start. Read, take pictues, repeat. and after a while, if you decide this is something you a) Like to do as a hobby and b) are decently good at you can lookinto buying a Digital SLR and that should also help with the quality assuming you buy a lens for it too. Because i think you said you are using a easyshare or something like that?

Keep taking pictures, thats the best thing you can do
Old 06-08-2006, 04:41 PM #9
Hate/Love

I think these are a bit better, but still criticism is wanted.
Old 06-08-2006, 04:57 PM #10
RyanIsG0d

I am not a fan of the yellow flowers. They are dead.

but the purple ones you actually have a good concept here. leve the forground blurry and focus on the background. this is a step up, but i think you focused too much on the forground and also the lighting is a little low and you cant see the real "tru" colors of the purple flower.

But i will ad mit, these are somewhat of a step on the right direction.

Edit. Saw the myspace. You look like a pretty hardcore guy. Not the kinda guy id imagine taking pictures of floweres
Old 06-08-2006, 05:06 PM #11
Hate/Love

Thanks, yeah I was trying to zoom in on the one ALIVE yellow flower but 4x optical don't get you very far. I think I'm going to try taking pictures of something else once I get used to messing with aperature and stop.

BTW: Did you get my PM?
Old 06-08-2006, 05:12 PM #12
ripper17

better, the yellow flowers still arent a very interesting object and the dead ones r the main cause of that
but the second one is quite allright
i would just have to say increase the apeture. cause the flower in the front looks a little blurry, make it to were there all in focus, unless intended that way...
Old 06-08-2006, 05:16 PM #13
Hate/Love

To tell you the truth, it was not intended that way, but I do believe I like it better in this case. I'm still trying to figure out what the apeture and everything does.
Old 06-08-2006, 05:26 PM #14
ripper17

i know what u mean
me too
it just takes time and practice