Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-23-2011, 01:39 PM #1429
Paul T. Garrett
"Wildman"

I scanned the entire Q-Loader forum and didn't see this mentioned, so if I'm duping it from somewhere else, sorry...

I have seen enough reviews and comments about the QL to know I want to purchase the system. I see on their website that they have a marker/loader system package. Pretty cool looking direct-feed marker package!

I have downloaded the QL manual and have read it over enough times to be mentally comfortable with the system but cannot find anything on their website on the marker. The Q-Loader SSI Marker... What is it?? Does anyone have any specs on it? Manual for it?? Even a detailed picture would be good at this point because the website just doesn't give any info on it!

Am I just having a duh kinda moment and not seeing the info on the website?? Can someone point me to a link for the marker?

Thanks peeps!

PTG
Paul T. Garrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-14-2011, 06:20 PM #1430
glee006

im selling one guys. look at my post
glee006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 06:20 PM #1431
glee006

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychospaz View Post
if you are attempting to wind your q-loader and it gets stuck DONT FORCE IT!! it will breack the little plastic piece inside, what you need to do is turn it a little bit backwards so that the white ball isnt jammed into the socket
l8r
have fun w/the qloader it is awesome (once you get to know how to use it)
awesome
glee006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 04:08 PM #1432
Daniel The Treeman

I need help. I am buying a loader with like 9 things of pod internals. I do not know I they will work in the loader or if I need to buy something specific. Like pods to put them in. I would love to talk to a tech by phone but couldn't fund a number. Plz help.
Daniel The Treeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 10:48 AM #1433
Reactor
Kansas State Paintball#22

Reactor is playing at Living Legends VI
Reactor is for the Gunfight
Reactor is an NCPA player
What is your marker and if you can send a pic of the internals I will be able to tell you if you have enough parts to complete a whole q pod or 2. some markers require different bracketing depending on where and how you want it mounted.
Reactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 11:52 PM #1434
h0yer

Hi everyone!

I got my q-loader and set-up everything by the book. (It's slightly tricky, but actual fun to mount the system Since I have a set including a Tippmann A5 conversion kit, i got two loading sockets, one standard with the "plastic neck" and clamping rings and one "CMS" variant, that has an metallic end cap, adjustable, and so on.
OK the thing ist, the CMS loading socket (the one with the metal cap and the metal pin inside) works just perfekt, but the standard loading socket (plasctic pin with little white head) somehow keeps the pods from completely unloading all their balls. I veryfied this by removing both loader sockets and cross-checking their unloading behavior. Metal socket unloads fine, plastic socket unloads 1/2 to max 3/4 of a pod.
Well, I'll be switching to the working cap as soon as I've crafted my own L-shaped mounting bracket, because the variant I got only fits to the old A5 and I seem to have one of those new 2011 A5N. But since im interested in "tweaking" maybe i could get the plastick socket to work as well, eventually to use it as some sort of quick pod relieve socket^^

Anyone encountered this or similar dysfunctions?

PS.:
I retooled one of the mounting L-brackets and now everything fits perfect and works just fine. Pods feeding all balls at 14 turns of prewind. Actually the whole system is just perfect, dreamy
And I figured out the reason, why the standard socket didn't work right:
When fastening the phillips screw inside the socket to mount it with one of the clamping rings to a hand grip or expansion chamber, the strong force of the screw deforms the plastic socket, so the plastic pin inside comes shorter than usual, thus leading to relocking the spring motor, as if the pod wasn't installed in a socket.
Desing issue...

Last edited by h0yer : 11-15-2011 at 02:23 AM. Reason: New findings...
h0yer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 03:48 PM #1435
Reactor

Requesting info on value of used pods, any qloader mods help plz?
Old 03-10-2012, 10:16 PM #1436
psunitro

10-15 ish
psunitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:20 PM #1437
Team Hazmat

i have a q loader and i am having problems with it feeding all the paint. it only feeds about 3/4 a pod and then stops. i have tried every prewind setting from lowest to smallest and then a little more but i cannot get it to feed. how can i fix this.

"Sure it only takes one shot to eliminate someone, but all the extras are insurance" -Chris
Team Hazmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:20 AM #1438
paul.dolores

Cms

Does anyone have any problem with the CMS socket. My pods work fine on teh standard loading socket, but with the CMS it stopped unloading the pods all of a sudden. I have the first generation pods. I un-wound and re-wound completely, and still the CMS is not working properly. Any inputs would greatly appreciated. Oh I'm running a project salvo.
paul.dolores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:28 PM #1439
cmdrsuds

check the long black pin inside the CMS that pushes into the center of the loaded pod. if the pin isn't long enough to release the safety and engage the spring they won't load.

-
DENVER KAOS
cmdrsuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:59 PM #1440
1972chevelle

q loader Queston

Has any one tryed to mount a q loader onto a wg 65 I am wondering because I want to mount it below the barrel but not have the hose hanging out of the side to far and have it snag on a branch
1972chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:29 PM #1441
Freedy500

Freedy500 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Ok so I was hoping even though this is said in the biggining it would be in this thread. I want to make a Qloader harness and pack thread by itself. i am pretty sure most of us dont want to shift through 70 some pages to find something out about one vest. I would want it to be short and simple and open to new additions. pm me if you dont want this to happen and you will simply post it on the front of the first page.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:28 AM #1442
dstarz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadWildKat View Post
Hi, As the title says, I have 3 major problems with my SSI.

First: It break and sprays paint more than it shoots. Someone wrote on some forum that he pre-wound his pods at 6 so that's how mine are winded. (Right or wrong?)

Second: It jams on a regular basis. (I have to pull the cock everytime even if it is still at firing position)

Third: I break the feed valve every time I play. Okay, I play verry intense but still... (A-I keeps sending me new ones but I hate broken things...) Will they ever think of making them in aluminium or do I have to make one myself?

As it is, my cheap, stock PCS US*5 is WAY better but I hate having a pop-corn machine on top of my gun and since I paid a LOT of money for the SSI I'm verry dissapointed with it.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

-I'm having the exact same 3 problem. I also wanna know if there's any way to fix these issue. Help please
dstarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:44 AM #1443
cmdrsuds

Send the whole gun and system to them. I have had no problems with mine (SP8) The pre-winds are all stock. I simply got it, made a custom mount and took it to the field. No problems at all.

-
DENVER KAOS
cmdrsuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:14 PM #1444
Reactor

took my q mount off, gonna send in like cmd have them add the new extra pod shroud support. the wieght of the q pod took a toll on the plastic anchor or the sp8 shroud. Trying to make an aluminum replacement for the shroud pieces, will update any fellow sp8 owners.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:56 PM #1445
Freedy500

Freedy500 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
If anyone is ever having any problems with the Q system itself and not the gun then feel free to PM me. Will be happy to help and I understand plenty of the Q and have used it for years.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:09 AM #1446
interscope8
RIP Cale "Benji" Paschen

has been a member for 10 years
interscope8 is playing at Living Legends III
I have a DP G3 with the longbow kit, I'm interested in Q Loading it... is there a kit on the site to do this?? I haven't been able to find anything in my search.
Thanks
RIP CBP #40
Purdue Boilermakers
interscope8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:50 AM #1447
Pork Eating Crusader
Canadian Redneck

Q-pod help ...

Hey guys. I'm having some issues with my brand new 2pod system, hoping for some help here guys. I've read most of this thread , watched a few maintenance vids ect, but I'm still kinda stumped. Mind giving me a hand ?

Firstly, I do not have limiter balls in either pod. Now I am not sure if those were discontinued or not, but as far as I understand there are supposed to be white limiter balls in my hoppers. I have none.

Second, One of the spring shafts has either a nut tightened far too much (which is crushing an O ring) or has an over sized O ring on it. Either way, the retracting sleeve on the spring rod will not slide down properly.

Thirdly, my pods (out of box) would only unload about 3/4 of a pod each, so I had to disassemble them. I tried to pre wind them again, had the same issue.

Fourth , the unloading sleeve has been damaging the locking knobs on my hoppers. The sleeve mounted to my gun and to my crank are fine, however the unloading one is taking bites out of the locking knobs on my pods.

Anyway I am looking forward to some help getting these bad boys working. I do have a bit of time before it's time to play, but the sooner we get these working the sooner I can go. So please, get back to me soon.

I have received this as a gift, and my gf feels terrible for buying it for me (at almost 300$ ((with shipping)) for a 2 pods set up she feels it should work out of the box). I honestly love the q-loader, she just feels bad for buying me something i have to mess with so much. She doesn't understand that's half of the joy lol anyway guys if you got any ideas please let me hear em !

Chow .

Last edited by Pork Eating Crusader : 04-27-2013 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Making it sound a little better.
Pork Eating Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:19 PM #1448
Pork Eating Crusader
Canadian Redneck

Please remove this message admins.

Last edited by Pork Eating Crusader : 04-27-2013 at 12:33 PM. Reason: purple monkey dishwasher
Pork Eating Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 02:23 PM #1449
BadWildKat

First gen of those pods had a limiter ball, the next gen desing doesn't need it.
Did you get the SSI of just a kit to mount on your own marker?
If your girlfriend still have the reciept, you could send it back for maintnance and/or adjustment.

Since I'm in Canada, I'll have to pay big time to send my SSI back to AI. It might even get stuck at customs just because it looks like a gun (...). For now, I got a A5 as my primary and a cheap PCS US*5 as secondary.
What's ironic is the fact that my CPS broke less paint in 5 years than my SSI in one day and I played with it every days of the week end, even in cold weather.
BadWildKat is offline   Reply With Quote