Wastedslayer supports DLX Technology
Boom goes the dynamite
Wastedslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:04 PM #26
Timmydevil

Timmydevil plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
Timmydevil plays in the APPA D2 division
Check and Mate. Damn. Well that answers that.
Timmydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:10 PM #27
Chase12
Chase "Space" Fowler

has been a member for 10 years
That had to sting.
Tampa Bay Damage Fan Club #16
Chase12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:29 PM #28
HINGEMAN

HINGEMAN is a Professional paintball player
HINGEMAN donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by ***MINIONS*** View Post
This morning a rumor spread throughout the paintball industry that GI and KEE will not be supporting the NPPL this year. Although this rumor has not become truth at this point there are some important facts the players must know, and some very important things we must do as players to ensure the life of our league.

For starters PSP has told GI and KEE that they may sell their paint at all of the PSP's events this year, FREE OF CHARGE, if they do not support the NPPL. How is Lane Wright, a man that claims to be all about the growth of paintball, going to try to build a monopoly on paint sales at national events? I dont think people see the severity of this problem. If the NPPL does go away will Kee and GI still be allowed to sell paint for free at events and pass the savings on to players? The answer is no. PSP will have a monopoly on the national level of paintball and will be free to charge as much as they feel necessary. Bad for the players.

Second I would like to point out that many people were, and still are misinformed of the merger allegations. NPPL was all for a paintball merger for the 2012 season. Lane Wright's only intention was to buy out the NPPL and have a monopoly on the entire industry. Once again, does this seem like a man who supports the growth of paintball? The NPPL had no intention of selling their league at a price that was practically giving it away, so they refused. Rumors from websites like propaintball would have you believe that it was all thanks to the NPPL that we do not have a unified league.

Im asking players and field owners to take action on this problem. Please call, e-mail, message, etc. GI and KEE and express your feelings towards this whole complication. Promises were made and contracts were already signed. As a whole the NPPL community can make a difference.

GI Sportz: 630-652-0238, usa@gisportz.com
KEE: 856-464-1068
Man I have watched you for a while now and you truely speak out of your backside. If you want to support paintball go for it! You love the NPPL that's great. I have a lot of friends that are owners of the league. I'm the coach of the team who are the current champions of the league. So to say I like the NPPL is a undeniable fact. But your trash talking and trying to spread false lies has got to end.
First off I have personally paid the PSP money for GI Sports. Last year I Personally gave the PSP over 30k for paint that I sold at my WCPPL league for GI sports. I have been contacted to do the same in Galveston. You are completely wrong on this statement.
Second is Lane would rather not have 300 teams at any of his events. He has said this for multiple seasons to me. I have always questioned why he would say something like this but his explination has always been the same. He would rather have teams compete at a local level and earn their way up to a true World Cup style event. It's called building a brand. Clearly with our poor economy no one is turning money and teams away but i can honestly see him trying to build a world wide ranking system and a real World Cup. Clearly no monopoly there.
Lane has personally seen to it that the WCPPL was GIVEN A new Psp field and two scoreboards. We have paid them off, but does this sound like a man hell bent on world domination? Nope
I have for three seasons sat in on Psp meetings. And not once have i ever seen the man that you describe in your rants sitting across the table from me. If you want to cheer the NPPL on that is great. But don't lie and make false rumor's up about Lane. If you wish to we can speek face to face in HB. You can't miss me. MIKE HINMAN. I would do the same for Bart if someone said the same stuff on the Psp forum.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:11 AM #29
haynboy8223
Fear is only an illusion!

is playing at Living Legends XI
haynboy8223 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
haynboy8223 is a top reviewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lane Wright View Post
Let me start by saying that I feel it is tacky for me to post in an NPPL forum. But sometimes I have to make exceptions.
I've never met Dustin Hobbs. To the best of my knowledge he's never played a PSP event. I am 100% certain that he was never in attendance at a merger meeting, 99% certain that he has never spoken to any PSP rep about the merger meetings, the topics of discussion, and/or the rationale behind any position that we took. I'm also 99% certain that he has not spoken to anyone who would have any first hand knowledge of any discussion pertaining to sponsorship pricing between PSP, KEE, GI Sports, or Procaps.

I, on the other hand, have been at all PSP events, was present in every merger discussion, was a part of every decision PSP made, understand and agree with the reasoning, and I have also been the PSP rep in any and all discussion about paint sponsorship with KEE, GI, and DXS.

Of all the things people may say about me, I don't think there are very many people who know me - including those who may not like me - who would say I am dishonest or lacking integrity.

I say without hesitation that there have been absolutely ZERO discussion about any paint sponsor being on board with PSP at no charge, regardless of decisions they make with any other league. That is an absolute lie.

I say without hesitation that there was an offer from PSP to buy the NPPL assets, do away with the corporate structure, AND (this is the part that Mr Hobbs seems to have either intentionally left out or not been informed of), include current NPPL owners in the new PSP structure with an equity stake in the new PSP. No one was trying to get rid of them. The plan included them having ownership in PSP just as the existing owner do.

Lastly - having 3 brands of paint available is not in any way a monopoly. Grow up. And to even insinuate I am trying to personally have anything resembling a monopoly in the industry is, while flattering, giving me far more credit than I am due.

You are publicly spreading complete falsehoods about me in a public forum which absolutely impacts my ability to function in my chosen field. If you had a pot to piss in there may be repercussions for this Dustin. But, you don't. That allows you to just post your outlandish nonsense without regard. So this will simply be a case of another misinformed kid with more time on his hands than sense in his head spreading malicious inaccuracies about a person who has spent their entire adult life trying to do a good job for this sport. And all the while you blame others for being the "problem".

You should grow up. You should try to be productive. You should stop blaming others for your shortcomings. And you should question what is being told to you by the people you appear to believe. The information you are receiving is absolutely untrue. Or maybe you are misunderstanding it. Or maybe you are simply someone who would mislead and lie to get you self indulgent opinion out to people you don't know in an effort to make yourself feel relevant. Whatever the case may be, you have some issues and they have nothing to do with me. Stop blaming me.

You find me any person(s) who were an actual a party involved in the things you talk about that says I am telling anything other than the truth and I will show you a liar. I'm posting this under my name. I'm not using a "minion" to go tell my story to cushion myself with protection. That should tell everyone something right there.

I don't have a big house, fancy cars, or a lot of money. But I do have my pride, self respect, and the respect of a lot of people in the paintball community. You habitually step on all of those. I'm asking you to stop. And I suggest you stop bringing me into your schizophrenic rants in a personal manner, as well. I'm not your problem. Life is.

You are misinformed, agenda based, and irresponsible. You are a prime example of a problem kid causing problems in our sport. And you fail to see where your agenda based misrepresentation of fact is a cancer. You pose a far greater risk to this sports future than I have ever been or ever will.

If you love this game, you'll learn to change or go away.

I won't continue replying to this nonsense. There is nothing more for me to say on this subject.

Lane Wright
Well said
haynboy8223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:17 AM #30
jamest91

jamest91 helped look for balloons
jamest91 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jamest91 is for the Gunfight
jamest91 supports Sherwood Forest
Lane Wright and Hinman coming in!
Old 02-17-2012, 12:21 AM #31
rjs21

plays in the NXL
rjs21 donated to help Peyton Trent
rjs21 plays in the APPA D3 division
rjs21 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by HINGEMAN View Post
Man I have watched you for a while now and you truely speak out of your backside. If you want to support paintball go for it! You love the NPPL that's great. I have a lot of friends that are owners of the league. I'm the coach of the team who are the current champions of the league. So to say I like the NPPL is a undeniable fact. But your trash talking and trying to spread false lies has got to end.
First off I have personally paid the PSP money for GI Sports. Last year I Personally gave the PSP over 30k for paint that I sold at my WCPPL league for GI sports. I have been contacted to do the same in Galveston. You are completely wrong on this statement.
Second is Lane would rather not have 300 teams at any of his events. He has said this for multiple seasons to me. I have always questioned why he would say something like this but his explination has always been the same. He would rather have teams compete at a local level and earn their way up to a true World Cup style event. It's called building a brand. Clearly with our poor economy no one is turning money and teams away but i can honestly see him trying to build a world wide ranking system and a real World Cup. Clearly no monopoly there.
Lane has personally seen to it that the WCPPL was GIVEN A new Psp field and two scoreboards. We have paid them off, but does this sound like a man hell bent on world domination? Nope
I have for three seasons sat in on Psp meetings. And not once have i ever seen the man that you describe in your rants sitting across the table from me. If you want to cheer the NPPL on that is great. But don't lie and make false rumor's up about Lane. If you wish to we can speek face to face in HB. You can't miss me. MIKE HINMAN. I would do the same for Bart if someone said the same stuff on the Psp forum.
LANE AND MIKE are LEGIT people. Dustin Hobbs needs to play UWL.

rjs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:03 AM #32
maxproto

THANKS too Lane and Mike and anyone else, who gives all the teams and players an outlet and a goal to work towards .. Weather it`s PSP, NPPL , WCPPL, 3man or a shop or field holding a turney . We get a chance to play the game we love and compete to better ourself as indiviguals and as a team. UNLESS you were in these meeting and part of the discussions ... SHUT UP !!!!!! Idiots like this kid do nothing but cause problems, Paintball as a whole is having a hard enough time staying alive , So work on saving it insted of destroying it ......
Old 02-17-2012, 01:23 AM #33
ThizZ
Twisted D3-SD Pirates

ThizZ supports Shocker RSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjs21 View Post
LANE AND MIKE are LEGIT people. Dustin Hobbs needs to play UWL.
Thank you Lane and Mike for clearing up all the rumors.
I look forward to what both the NPPL and PSP bring this year and in the future. As well as the WCPPL (Should be a big year for them)

I hope your not trying to bash the uwl considering some of the best paintball players in the world play in it. Not to mention the trendy HK played in the last one! Just remember where paintball started..

Last edited by ThizZ : 02-17-2012 at 01:47 AM.
ThizZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 04:36 AM #34
calidrifter
Bloody Wooden Pickles

calidrifter posts videos on PbNation
calidrifter is reppin' sidebar 4 life
calidrifter is a top reviewer
calidrifter supports DLX Technology
Thank you Mike And Lane for clearing up some of the useless information currently being spread about the site. I guess the only way to get some answers will be directly from the companies themselves as to why they are or are not supporting either series

"Originally posted by B*FordPRO: I dont read the manuals to guns, I just shoot them and hope they work. If not, I have a tech do that for me. (This is what you call baller status and I am a baller)."
calidrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:55 AM #35
Culture Evil
Termocycler

Culture Evil is a Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
Culture Evil plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
This morning a rumor spread throughout the paintball industry
Culture Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:41 AM #36
FRANKTHETANKCONNELL
NEW ENGLAND AVALANCHE

FRANKTHETANKCONNELL is a Professional paintball player
FRANKTHETANKCONNELL works for a Paintball manufacturer
FRANKTHETANKCONNELL donated to help Peyton Trent
FRANKTHETANKCONNELL is playing at Living Legends III
FRANKTHETANKCONNELL is for the Gunfight
FRANKTHETANKCONNELL is for the Gunfight
It's funny how people are on here bashing MINIONS, Maybe there is more truth to his statement then people think..................The truth will come out in the long run. I would like someone to come on to this forum and tell me I don't know what I am talking about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GI | Vanguard Demon | NXE | Stiffi Barrels | Ninja Paintball | Virtue | Exalt |
GXG | RAZA | OXCC | Sly | Boston Paintball |

Have you shot a Vanguard Demon or Creed yet?
FRANKTHETANKCONNELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:03 AM #37
bino

Your frank Connell you do whatever the hell you want. was there a need for your post I thought you where above that
Old 02-17-2012, 09:30 AM #38
Tim Kuykendall
Texas Renegades

I hear the theme for Jaws getting louder and louder.
I can't wait until a lot of people grow up and learn the concept of liability, defamation of character and person liability.

there should be a reality RV show about this website.
I've never met minion or Lane so I don't know enough about neither one to know about their integrity, nor do I have any personal knowledge of the merger talks. I don't know stony but I assume he reps and speaks for Kee. I've never met Mike Hinman but that's about the best confirmation you could get. (By the way mike, we will be in HB and would like to pit/pod crew for you.)

What Lane did above was provide the most informative insight to last years merge. I've not read or heard that much detail before. Obviously Frank statement leads one to believe its not entirely correct but who knows. What we do know, is we don't know all the facts.

As to the topic at hand. The question I would like to ask is; for PSP are all paint companies treated equally? Probably so, if not but that their option. It's a business. When you "know it all's" grow up and enter the real world you will find out real quick that business, like life, is not fair.

In reality, I don't see manufactures turning their back on the NPPL or pro teams in the NPPL. These guys use pro teams as part of marketing and branding. Yes PSP attendance is larger but NPPL has a healthy portion of the market as well.

I don't care what brand of paint I shoot and I've shoot all it. At any given time any "brand" of paint shoots good or bad.
What players should be concerned with is the tourney price of paint. Regardless of brand all paint at events should $35.00. Price shouldn't be based on who you know, what field or store owner is helping you. Many teams show up for the first time. Give these guys a break. You want to make the events grow make it accessible and affordable for new teams.

Lane, for the record. It's never tacky to defend yourself regardless of the forum or page.
Frank, I'm a fan but don't add to the drama unless your going to be clear.
Mike Hinman, you do a great job and would love the opportunity to learn from you one day.

Play nice boys and remember: Enjoy what you can, endure what you must.

Last edited by Tim Kuykendall : 02-17-2012 at 09:39 AM.
Tim Kuykendall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:32 AM #39
Deimus85
Playground Legend

Deimus85 is a Supporting Member
Deimus85 is an NCPA National Champion
Deimus85 plays in the APPA D2 division
Deimus85 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjs21 View Post
Dustin Hobbs needs to play UWL.
Hey! The UWL looks like a lot of fun, don't make fun.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:39 AM #40
jarude
Blackout

jarude plays in the PSP
jarude plays in the APPA D4 division
wow this just got more interesting.
2011 NPPL DC Challenge 1st Place / Chicago Open 2nd Place/Las Vegas Championship 2nd Place
Blackout 2010 NPPL D4-5 Man Series Champions
jarude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:05 AM #41
pballerfolife21
Livin Luxeurious

pballerfolife21 posts videos on PbNation
pballerfolife21 is Legendary
pballerfolife21 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
This morning a rumor spread throughout the paintball industry that GI and KEE will not be supporting the NPPL this year. Although this rumor has not become truth at this point there are some important facts the players must know, and some very important things we must do as players to ensure the life of our league.

For starters PSP has told GI and KEE that they may sell their paint at all of the PSP's events this year, FREE OF CHARGE, if they do not support the NPPL. How is Lane Wright, a man that claims to be all about the growth of paintball, going to try to build a monopoly on paint sales at national events? I dont think people see the severity of this problem. If the NPPL does go away will Kee and GI still be allowed to sell paint for free at events and pass the savings on to players? The answer is no. PSP will have a monopoly on the national level of paintball and will be free to charge as much as they feel necessary. Bad for the players.

Second I would like to point out that many people were, and still are misinformed of the merger allegations. NPPL was all for a paintball merger for the 2012 season. Lane Wright's only intention was to buy out the NPPL and have a monopoly on the entire industry. Once again, does this seem like a man who supports the growth of paintball? The NPPL had no intention of selling their league at a price that was practically giving it away, so they refused. Rumors from websites like propaintball would have you believe that it was all thanks to the NPPL that we do not have a unified league.

Im asking players and field owners to take action on this problem. Please call, e-mail, message, etc. GI and KEE and express your feelings towards this whole complication. Promises were made and contracts were already signed. As a whole the NPPL community can make a difference.

GI Sportz: 630-652-0238, usa@gisportz.com
KEE: 856-464-1068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lane Wright View Post
Let me start by saying that I feel it is tacky for me to post in an NPPL forum. But sometimes I have to make exceptions.
I've never met Dustin Hobbs. To the best of my knowledge he's never played a PSP event. I am 100% certain that he was never in attendance at a merger meeting, 99% certain that he has never spoken to any PSP rep about the merger meetings, the topics of discussion, and/or the rationale behind any position that we took. I'm also 99% certain that he has not spoken to anyone who would have any first hand knowledge of any discussion pertaining to sponsorship pricing between PSP, KEE, GI Sports, or Procaps.

I, on the other hand, have been at all PSP events, was present in every merger discussion, was a part of every decision PSP made, understand and agree with the reasoning, and I have also been the PSP rep in any and all discussion about paint sponsorship with KEE, GI, and DXS.

Of all the things people may say about me, I don't think there are very many people who know me - including those who may not like me - who would say I am dishonest or lacking integrity.

I say without hesitation that there have been absolutely ZERO discussion about any paint sponsor being on board with PSP at no charge, regardless of decisions they make with any other league. That is an absolute lie.

I say without hesitation that there was an offer from PSP to buy the NPPL assets, do away with the corporate structure, AND (this is the part that Mr Hobbs seems to have either intentionally left out or not been informed of), include current NPPL owners in the new PSP structure with an equity stake in the new PSP. No one was trying to get rid of them. The plan included them having ownership in PSP just as the existing owner do.

Lastly - having 3 brands of paint available is not in any way a monopoly. Grow up. And to even insinuate I am trying to personally have anything resembling a monopoly in the industry is, while flattering, giving me far more credit than I am due.

You are publicly spreading complete falsehoods about me in a public forum which absolutely impacts my ability to function in my chosen field. If you had a pot to piss in there may be repercussions for this Dustin. But, you don't. That allows you to just post your outlandish nonsense without regard. So this will simply be a case of another misinformed kid with more time on his hands than sense in his head spreading malicious inaccuracies about a person who has spent their entire adult life trying to do a good job for this sport. And all the while you blame others for being the "problem".

You should grow up. You should try to be productive. You should stop blaming others for your shortcomings. And you should question what is being told to you by the people you appear to believe. The information you are receiving is absolutely untrue. Or maybe you are misunderstanding it. Or maybe you are simply someone who would mislead and lie to get you self indulgent opinion out to people you don't know in an effort to make yourself feel relevant. Whatever the case may be, you have some issues and they have nothing to do with me. Stop blaming me.

You find me any person(s) who were an actual a party involved in the things you talk about that says I am telling anything other than the truth and I will show you a liar. I'm posting this under my name. I'm not using a "minion" to go tell my story to cushion myself with protection. That should tell everyone something right there.

I don't have a big house, fancy cars, or a lot of money. But I do have my pride, self respect, and the respect of a lot of people in the paintball community. You habitually step on all of those. I'm asking you to stop. And I suggest you stop bringing me into your schizophrenic rants in a personal manner, as well. I'm not your problem. Life is.

You are misinformed, agenda based, and irresponsible. You are a prime example of a problem kid causing problems in our sport. And you fail to see where your agenda based misrepresentation of fact is a cancer. You pose a far greater risk to this sports future than I have ever been or ever will.

If you love this game, you'll learn to change or go away.

I won't continue replying to this nonsense. There is nothing more for me to say on this subject.

Lane Wright

Mile High Saints #21
pballerfolife21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:32 AM #42
The New Breed

First off..... CUT THE CRAP EVERYONE!!!

Paintball is a fun game, right? Thats why I play

The fact is, the NPPL wants GI Sportz and Kee selling paint this year at all events. But they don't want to for their own reasons which probably have to do with Valken getting into the picture. If PSP dropped their $40K or whatever sponsorship buyin cost to bribe Johnny and Richmond from staying away from NPPL, that would be just wrong and dirty play. But, I do know going into 2011, the NPPL dropped their buyin cost to paint vendors to $25K to allow the paint companies more flexibility and ability to participate, as well as giving us, the players a choice of what we want to use.
Frank's recent post, well he is an emotional guy and speaks with it at times. And the word out is that Dustin (Minions) got banned from PBNation over this. So why not defend a guy who spoke his mind. At least it was spoken in an educated and caring sense for the sport, rather than many of the immature characters that throw up there careless posts. ARGH!! Now I am getting worked up. I must stop!

See, its a snowball affect here.. the more we try to understand the politics, or choose sides, etc, it just gets more dirty.

So I have a solution!!! Let the players just have a choice. I think if everyone plays nice, then people wont have to think about the politics.

So, I want to go play paintball and have fun... Who is with me?
The New Breed is offline   Reply With Quote