PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-02-2012, 11:04 AM #43
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM View Post
Why would you be asking for mercy in a non-threatening situation?
You seem to be under the impression that the only response to a threatening situation is hatred.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-02-2012, 11:04 AM #44
Murph1329

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrel roll View Post
Not on other's private property. Keep that in mind.
yeah friday will be interesting if all these people come into chick fil a to kiss and don't buy anything then they could be charged with loitering. Something tells me that bad things will happen because whenever a bunch of liberals get together to protest it never ends well.

it's amazing that an off the cuff comment by mike huckabee on a TV show that airs at 8 on saturday and sunday lead to this. Very cool
ANS Jackhammer | Rex Kit
STO RAM | Air America Black Ice | Shocktech LPC
pic
Forum defeat is admitted when one resorts to grammatical insults -me
We all live with a mark of sin, no man's is greater than another's in his own mind. -me
Murph1329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:05 AM #45
F1VENOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
You seem to be under the impression that the only response to a threatening situation is hatred.
That's the opposite of what I'm saying.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:06 AM #46
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrel roll View Post
Not on other's private property. Keep that in mind.
I meant by not eating there and calling others to do so.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:07 AM #47
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
That's the opposite of what I'm saying.
Well then you are going to have to clarify yourself. Please spell out exactly what you believe makes his statement hateful.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:09 AM #48
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph1329 View Post
yeah friday will be interesting if all these people come into chick fil a to kiss and don't buy anything then they could be charged with loitering. Something tells me that bad things will happen because whenever a bunch of liberals get together to protest it never ends well.

it's amazing that an off the cuff comment by mike huckabee on a TV show that airs at 8 on saturday and sunday lead to this. Very cool
If they show up to kiss, they are only hurting their cause. Most conservatives frown upon PDA from ANYONE.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:10 AM #49
F1VENOM

Quote:
Well then you are going to have to clarify yourself. Please spell out exactly what you believe makes his statement hateful.
He's calling on God to have mercy on us so that we don't go to Hell for trying to redefine marriage. I think it's ridiculous because I don't share his beliefs but to him this is serious.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
Old 08-02-2012, 11:11 AM #50
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
He's calling on God to have mercy on us so that we don't go to Hell for trying to redefine marriage. I think it's ridiculous because I don't share his beliefs but to him this is serious.
And your opinion of his beliefs does not make his statement hateful. Unless you have something else to help your case?
Old 08-02-2012, 11:12 AM #51
Murph1329

Quote:
thank god we have to freedom of speech and separation of church and state in the US. you're free to not eat at chick fil a all you want just know that your opinion is the minority in the US.

Emanuel welcomes Louis Farrakhan with open arms and then demonizes chick fil a....it makes no ****ing sense what so ever and people are sick and ****ing tired of crap like this
ANS Jackhammer | Rex Kit
pic
We all live with a mark of sin, no man's is greater than another's in his own mind. -me

Last edited by Murph1329 : 08-02-2012 at 11:17 AM.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:14 AM #52
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
thank god we have to freedom of speech and separation of church and state in the US. you're free to not eat at chick fil a all you want just know that your opinion is the minority in the US.
Stop. That isn't what venom is saying.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:16 AM #53
F1VENOM

Quote:
And your opinion of his beliefs does not make his statement hateful. Unless you have something else to help your case?
I suppose you're right. Damning an entire population to a life of torture because of a book isn't very hateful.

Quote:

Emanuel welcomes Louis Farrakhan with open arms and then demonizes chick fil a....it makes no ****ing sense what so ever and people are sick and ****ing tired or crap like this
Give it some time and a couple of generations to wash the church out. Homosexuals will have the right to marry and they'll do it in less time than it took black folks to get the right to vote.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:20 AM #54
EPAPressure
Jobs are for immigrants

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellarKnight View Post
Meh, come back with the fiscal year statement to see the real effect from this fiasco.

It's similar to those bull**** FB posts where people try to starve the oil companies by not purchasing fuel on a particular day.
Most chic-fi-la's are in red states to begin with. I highly doubt a few corn holers not wanting to eat a sandwich made them go in the red this year.

-Said nobody, ever.

"Originally posted by drgonzo: That doesn't make sense, the people with the most interaction and dependence on government have the most significant stakes and should have the vote if anyone. People who reject government and do not use government services should be denied the vote if anything." ^^FAIL

"Originally posted by Rebeltilldeath3: When I think geocities I think ****ty tiled background and sparkly titles. Think of a minority's myspace page."
EPAPressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:20 AM #55
Murph1329

Quote:
I suppose you're right. Damning an entire population to a life of torture because of a book isn't very hateful.

Give it some time and a couple of generations to wash the church out. Homosexuals will have the right to marry and they'll do it in less time than it took black folks to get the right to vote.

this is the guy that your liberals associate with and then you get pissed at the right

truth is F1VENOM you can't answer this because liberals are the most hateful people on the planet that seek to just pit sides against each over for votes

the church was the first organization to legally recognize the concept of marriage. If you're so anti religion why the hell would you want to be associated to a concept that is tied closely to it?
ANS Jackhammer | Rex Kit
pic

Last edited by Murph1329 : 08-02-2012 at 11:26 AM.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:22 AM #56
tsbalr120
Goooonsberry

tsbalr120 plays in the MiLP
tsbalr120 is an NCPA player
tsbalr120 is Legendary
If civil unions had the same rights and perks as marriage would this be an issue?
Old 08-02-2012, 11:24 AM #57
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Stop. He didn't say that. You're being dishonest. Had he asked God to destroy someone, you'd have a point.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:24 AM #58
Riley Coyote
It's bad for the sport.

Riley Coyote has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Riley Coyote has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbalr120 View Post
If civil unions had the same rights and perks as marriage would this be an issue?
Yes, but a much smaller one.

Quote:
Do you think people who were against interracial marriage where hateful? I'm not trying to distract away from or make a point in your discussion venom. I'm just curious.

I think when the word hate is used in politics, the hatred is assumed or implied, by someone's political stance. Obviously not many who are against same sex marriage are going to come out and say "I hate ******s," but some find it more than reasonable to assume that their hatred for a group is the only reasonable explanation for certain political opinions.

Last edited by Riley Coyote : 08-02-2012 at 11:32 AM.
Riley Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:28 AM #59
Legatus
Sovereign

Quote:
I'm not interested in waiting a "couple generations". The process needs to be accelerated. Why wait for the last few bigots to die out before demanding what should already be a fundamental right as humans.
Legatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:29 AM #60
Murph1329

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legatus View Post
I'm not interested in waiting a "couple generations". The process needs to be accelerated. Why wait for the last few bigots to die out before demanding what should already be a fundamental right as humans.
going back to what i said before....

the church was the first organization to legally recognize the concept of marriage. If you're so anti religion why the hell would you want to be associated to a concept that is tied closely to it?
ANS Jackhammer | Rex Kit
pic
Old 08-02-2012, 11:35 AM #61
Legatus
Sovereign

Quote:
going back to what i said before....

Marriage predates judeo-christian religions. It's not about wanting to be married in a church, it's about wanting the same legal rights and not being treated like a second class citizen. You don't ask someone to "civil union" you, you ask them to marry you.
Legatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:37 AM #62
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley Coyote View Post
Yes, but a much smaller one.

Do you think people who were against interracial marriage where hateful? I'm not trying to distract away from or make a point in your discussion venom. I'm just curious.
No I don't. There are too many reasons that explain why one can hold that position and I'm not going to sit here and generalize based on my assumptions and my opinion on that stance.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:40 AM #63
Murph1329

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legatus View Post
Marriage predates judeo-christian religions. It's not about wanting to be married in a church, it's about wanting the same legal rights and not being treated like a second class citizen. You don't ask someone to "civil union" you, you ask them to marry you.
you want the marriage penalty? LOL right now most companies recognize civil unions for benefit reasons, i know my does. Basically they get the benefits from their employer without having to worry about the negatives from the IRS.
ANS Jackhammer | Rex Kit
pic