96 + Prelude 9 18.75%
Newer Acura of some kind 13 27.08%
Civic Si 7 14.58%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-21-2002, 06:18 PM #22
CrashTestJimbo

has been a member for 10 years
I would say, because you like the way they look, you should go with a nice used Supra. I think they are great looking cars. So what if it's a non turbo one, and not the fastest car on earth. Don't reject a car, simply because another one is a second faster in the 1/4 mile. Drive them all, and find what you like. I also can't help but recommend a 3000GT. It's along those same lines.

I would go down to your local used car "Buy here pay here" place, and test drive them all. You shouldn't have to much trouble finding them.

Drive them. Find which one you enjoy the most, and get it.

Also, Shaggey, don't be so mean to the RSX's. That's my baby you're talking about.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-21-2002, 06:21 PM #23
xAskingForItx
2k1er n00btastic

xAskingForItx is a founding member
Quote:
Originally posted by WakaWaka11
A type-r will rape a lude, type-r's run in the 14s and ludes in the 15s. Supra is not an older car, lol theirs a 97 and to me that aint old especially coming from toyota. Civic in a way is a family car, but u can slap on a h22a (lude engine) or a type-r engine and slap on a turbo and you'll be in the 12s or lower. If u want a fast car for cheap, get a 94-96 hatchback for 3-4grand and put on a h22a engine(2200) and ure car is running 13s, Thats 7grand
i like the way you say "slap" like the process is easy and takes 5 minutes, so for 7 grand you can have a car that runs 13's, with definite transmission damage in the futre, and all kinds of reliablity issues
Old 03-21-2002, 06:22 PM #24
xAskingForItx
2k1er n00btastic

xAskingForItx is a founding member
Re: uh Kevin...

Quote:
Originally posted by Gotenks
You say that cause you see high power civics break down... hence "RICE-BOY"

They dont reinforce nothing or build strength... therefore breakdowns...

Reliability is as easy as reinforcing the block(various methods) new pistons, connecting rods, crankshaft, and advanced electronics.
yes and all that comes at a higher pricetag then these kids are listing, as the quote i posted above

for 7k you can have a 13s car, WHILE IT LASTS, oh and not to mention the cost of getting the engines swapped
Old 03-21-2002, 06:26 PM #25
CrashTestJimbo

They built as sub 9 second car (the Supra) in "The Fast and the Furious" in a day or two, so why couldn't it work in real life? (note the sarcasm)

I would not recommend putting any major changes on your car, regardless of what you get. I would say maybe intake, headers, and exhaust. Plus, if you have any sort of major upgrades, you'll be itching to race, and the cops will be itching to catch you.
Old 03-21-2002, 07:19 PM #26
WakaWaka11

wtf RSX's are not type r's u *******, shows how much u know about cars, and type r's are 10x better looking then the new ludes. The older body ludes 90 sumtin to 95 (i think, i dont know much bout ludes) are sweet but the new body style r ugly with their gay tailights and fronts. Askinforit, where do u get the idea that their will be transmission failure later on, most engines swaps come with the trans that came from the car. alot of people dont have access to lifts, an so forth to put in the engines, but u say it has its so expensive as it being only 900-1200$ to do.Dont be stupid, u know i didn't mean it will take 5mins to do.
Old 03-21-2002, 07:36 PM #27
CrashTestJimbo

Waka, that's not entirely true. You can get a type r RSX, you just have to get it imported. But if you do get it imported, it's called an Integra Type R in Japan still. I have heard many rumors though that in the next model year or two, they will be offering the Type R RSX in the US.
Old 03-21-2002, 08:19 PM #28
BunkerThis

Quote:
Originally posted by alnen
Get an Acura Integra GS-R...That's what I'm getting. I don't know how much you have to spend, but you could get a '94 or '95 clean for $7-8K. I have done my research on this stuff, because lately I have been wanting a new car. I made a bunch of threads about it (LOL) and everyone got mad, so I went to other sources and the GS-R is definitely the best car under 10K (if your looking for: dependability, some speed (not a ton stock, but runs the 1/4 mile in 15.5 sec.), very moddable, and supposedly REALLY fun to drive. The only bad things are insurance is a little higher because it has a VTEC, and also it's not a speed-demon (you could make it one though). They are comfortable if you are under 6 ft. or so, maybe a little cramped at 6+ ft. They are really nice cars, and I have learned alot about them. I can't wait till I get mine.
ya baby acura's what it's all about. lol sorry im biased, but i love em. im not gonna sit here and pretend to know a lot about cars and all this "rice" ****, but i will say that an integra gsr is phat
Old 03-21-2002, 08:21 PM #29
BunkerThis

Quote:
Originally posted by Shaggey

1991 nissan 300zx turbo IMO one of the best all around cars out there (fastest year of it is 91 not 96 like people think)
that be my second choice over an acura
Old 03-21-2002, 08:23 PM #30
SecretAsianMan

It's the Honda Integra Type-R in Japan. The Acura RSX Type-R is coming out for the 03 year. Also, they discontinued the Lude because it was horribly ugly(j/k). Anyways, don't go American. Trust me you'll have problems with a used muscle car. My brother went through a Z28, Mustang GT, Mustang Cobra, and Corvette. Each had it's problems. When he has his Nissan 240SX it gave him NO problems and it had been seriosuly wrecked by the previous owner.

If you ever buy an American sports car get it new, because you'll be using that warranty to its fullest. Don't even tell me that American cars don't break down more than usual. Well, they don't stop running, but they usually have tons of problems. My brother's GT's interior was falling apart. The airbag covers were coming off and crap. Even his 'vette burns oil, and he's babied that sucker. I'm just saying, if you don't wanna spend all your time fixing your car and driving a crappy dealer loaner car, get a foreign car. You should shoot for a Civic or accord if you don't wanna get raped by insurance.
Old 03-21-2002, 08:24 PM #31
SecretAsianMan

BTW, if you get a Honda Integra RSX imported, I hope you like right hand drive. Why do you think people don't import Skylines? I'd rather import a skyline or a Honda civic Si(japanese version, it has 200 horses and a 6 speed) than the type r. The jap civic si will rape a rsx type-r.
Old 03-21-2002, 08:28 PM #32
CrashTestJimbo

I never said it was a good idea, I just said it was possible.
Old 03-21-2002, 08:28 PM #33
WakaWaka11

there also ugly as ****
Old 03-21-2002, 09:58 PM #34
Shaggey
Canuck

Quote:
Originally posted by WakaWaka11
wtf RSX's are not type r's u *******, shows how much u know about cars, and type r's are 10x better looking then the new ludes. The older body ludes 90 sumtin to 95 (i think, i dont know much bout ludes) are sweet but the new body style r ugly with their gay tailights and fronts. Askinforit, where do u get the idea that their will be transmission failure later on, most engines swaps come with the trans that came from the car. alot of people dont have access to lifts, an so forth to put in the engines, but u say it has its so expensive as it being only 900-1200$ to do.Dont be stupid, u know i didn't mean it will take 5mins to do.
well i guess u forgot to include transmission in your list of cheap stuff to get u a 12 second car. Seriously we've all tryed to nicely say your an idiot please leave but u dont get it. have a nice life just take the knowledge that your annoying and trying to prove a point with exagerations never gets u ****. bye.

here's an idea u take all your knowledge and power and go build your car for 7 grand. have fun infact i hope u suced so someone with a 89 mustang can put 500 bucks into there car and keep up to u.. oh well nice try better luck next time.

"*****" ya i'm a *****... thanks i hate u 2.
Old 03-22-2002, 01:35 AM #35
sushi1111
Got rice?

plays in the NXL
sushi1111 plays in the MiLP
sushi1111 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally posted by SecretAsianMan
BTW, if you get a Honda Integra RSX imported, I hope you like right hand drive. Why do you think people don't import Skylines? I'd rather import a skyline or a Honda civic Si(japanese version, it has 200 horses and a 6 speed) than the type r. The jap civic si will rape a rsx type-r.

People do import Skylines to the US... try Motorex. Reason more people do not import cars like the Silvias, Skylines, lancer evo's, etc is because they have to be crash-tested and meet American standards (smog also). With the Skyline modifications must be made by the importing company in order to make it legal for street usage, which, along with the cost associated with wrecking a skyline, results in it's $30,000+ price tag for used skylines.

btw, skylines are as beautiful in person as they are on paper... D i got some mean pics on my computer from my trip to japan if anyone's at all interested

Last edited by sushi1111 : 03-22-2002 at 01:37 AM.
Old 03-22-2002, 09:58 PM #36
WakaWaka11

CAN U READ? holy ****, i said, ON MOST ENGINE SWAPS THE TRANS COMES WITH THE ENGINE,THAT CAME FROM THE CAR, and ure telling me im exaggerating. MY facts are right, my facts are the truth, and if u didnt know that then u dont know **** about cars. Where was exaggerating, plz do tell. What info did i have that was wrong? tell me that too ******
Old 03-22-2002, 11:51 PM #37
Welsh0913

Quote:
Originally posted by Carnagefly
Thanks for the back up guys! Crash, I saw your's. Nice car. Congrats man! I was just on Auto Trader.com and I found a Non-TT 97 Limited Edition Supra for only 8800! It had been in a wreck but you could easily fix it. It's not too bad. Anyway, like I said I know nothing about cars so, who makes the RX-7? Acura right? Thanks. Peace!
Word of advice, never get a used car that has been in a wreck. You never know what kind of condition the car is in inside, even if it is a beautiful looking car.
Old 03-24-2002, 11:36 PM #38
Gotenks

Talking MY DREAM SMOKE EVERYTHING OUT THERE CIVIC...

Lol this is just a joke.... but hey someday.... lol

Integra Type-R engine - $6000
New pistons, connecting rods, crankshaft, camshafts, cam gears, valves(most of this stuff titanium) Cast iron cylinder walls, more reinforcing webs, heat-treatment, port job - $15,000(estimate)
6-gear sequantial(sp?) transmission - $15,000
Suspension set-up - $5000
Custom programmed ECU - $2000
Custom Turbo - $4000
Exhaust - $1000

Other stuff I can't think of... but man that would rock so many other cars worlds...
Old 03-27-2002, 06:26 PM #39
SecretAsianMan

Hmm how many ponies could a civic get maximum without an engine swap while retaining reliability?
Old 04-05-2002, 09:15 PM #40
Syncade
--Drifter--

Syncade is a founding member
WHoa WHoa

some of you guys need to learn your Jap IMport cars before you talk here

as for your question, go for the Non-Turbo SUpra

they are still beasts, turbo or no turbo, that 6 can put out like the girl down the road who wears black lipstick

(that was a joke )
Old 04-07-2002, 09:44 PM #41
ilcad

totally go for the acura or civic SI. i would say acura, but the civic SI comes with a B18A CR-Vtec motor i believe which is bad. but the Acura RSX is a bad 6-speed. or hte Acura Integra type R has a B18-C5, which is fast! plus they just look and run better and there is so muhc you can do or just leave it and take out all those lil POS's out ther that think they all that. stick with the Honda's you can't go wrong!