manny1317
HEYYOHIP!

has been a member for 10 years
manny1317 plays in the APPA beginner division
manny1317 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlAnEt EcLiPsE13 View Post
Etek3 vs Etha ?!
im in the same boat now. bnib etha vs used etek3 am.

any opinions?

This place is a dump!
manny1317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-13-2012, 03:39 PM #1367
rmeman

etek 2 w/star frame vs. DM7 w/Virtue Redefined Board w/ hopper transmitter, CP Continuous Flow Plug, and Critical Trigger
rmeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:53 PM #1368
Sumidiot

Sumidiot has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Sumidiot has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Etek3 vs BL Protege. Can the used Protege really be a better marker than a brand new Etek3? I will be buying one of these two markers as I truly believe that the Empire Axe cant compete with these two markers. I could be wrong though.
Sumidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:49 PM #1369
DrBladesMcGee
BaLLer On A BuDGet

DrBladesMcGee owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
DrBladesMcGee posts videos on PbNation
DrBladesMcGee plays in the APPA beginner division
DrBladesMcGee has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmeman View Post
etek 2 w/star frame vs. DM7 w/Virtue Redefined Board w/ hopper transmitter, CP Continuous Flow Plug, and Critical Trigger
Pe, because dye guns suck.
DrBladesMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:01 PM #1370
invert87
Watch This!

invert87 plays in the PSP
invert87 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
invert87 supports Team VICIOUS
invert87 plays in the APPA D4 division
Etek vs rail

Mabey I missed the joke but can somone please tell me how an can even come close to a 600 dollar eclipse etek3 am.
invert87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:28 PM #1371
SilentBall55

SilentBall55 owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
Cool Etek 4 or Etha

I was about to get a Etek4 but after seeing my friends Ego 11 with a marked up breech from the the bolt I decided to go with a Etha. Good choice because it shoots nice.

After all these years that PE have been pioneering the poppet guns, I thought they would have solved the breech wear permanently. Egos are nice guns, but breech wear should be a thing of the past. Also some kind of moving shield to keep the dirt out of the hammer chamber is also due if poppets are to evolve.

With both Geo and Etha, you never worry about dirt getting into it during dirty playing.

Last edited by SilentBall55 : 05-15-2012 at 11:29 AM.
SilentBall55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:27 AM #1372
PbHKLackster
yungtrvpswag

PbHKLackster is playing at Living Legends VI
PbHKLackster supports Team VICIOUS
PbHKLackster supports Team VICIOUS
PbHKLackster is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentBall55 View Post
Edited.
The ETek 4 vs ETha isn't much of a question. Since the ETek 4 has some of the same parts as a ETha, Geo 2.1, and Ego 7-11, the ETek would win. I believe the ETek 3 would beat a ETha. The ETek 4 is a disappointment to many, but it isnt all bad.
PbHKLackster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 12:45 PM #1373
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentBall55 View Post
I was about to get a Etek4 but after seeing my friends Ego 11 with a marked up breech from the the bolt I decided to go with a Etha. Good choice because it shoots nice.

After all these years that PE have been pioneering the poppet guns, I thought they would have solved the breech wear permanently. Egos are nice guns, but breech wear should be a thing of the past. Also some kind of moving shield to keep the dirt out of the hammer chamber is also due if poppets are to evolve.

With both Geo and Etha, you never worry about dirt getting into it during dirty playing.
The geo and Etha also get breech wear

At no point in time has breech wear been shown to negatively effect performance and it has been argued several times that breech wear is good because it results in a much smoother as the breach and the bolt wear down into a better fit for the gun.
Paper_Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:27 AM #1374
SilentBall55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper_Cut View Post
The geo and Etha also get breech wear

At no point in time has breech wear been shown to negatively effect performance and it has been argued several times that breech wear is good because it results in a much smoother as the breach and the bolt wear down into a better fit for the gun.
Huh???

Breach wear is good? Why not mill the wear area into the breech from the factory and then anodized it so it will look good for the life of the gun. My friends breech wear is showing raw alum and looks stupid for a $1200 gun!

I have a cocker and an old vintage Matrix with so much paint through it, that I gave up counting and no breech wear.

So there is no excuse with all the PE innovations like the zick, pops, cure bolts, Def-Tek, Dual selectable trigger, etc, etc, that breech wear has not been eliminated. It is like never inventing the eye and saying ball chopping is normal.

Last edited by SilentBall55 : 05-18-2012 at 01:21 PM.
Old 05-19-2012, 02:37 AM #1375
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
I'm not going to argue that breech wear is good, because obviously, it isn't. It could be argued however that it is a consequence of a different design philosophy.

If we were to compare your Matrix to the Ego for instance, the Matrix is running a heavier bolt aligned and separated from the breech by several o-rings. That eliminates direct contact between the bolt and the breech, reducing breech wear, but introduces drag and slows the bolt cycle.

No big issue, as the Matrix wasn't designed to have the absolute highest cycle rate.

Egos on the other hand - even more so in early iterations - were designed with very high cycle rates, and so have short, light bolts with no o-rings. That allows for the cycle rate to be maximised, but does make breech wear more likely.

Basically, if you want the Ego's features and performance characteristics, you have to accept the consequences of that design, or switch to a bolt that runs on o-rings, but accept that there will be some additional drag, and that you'll lose some of the cycle rate that the Ego is known for (though in capped play, that probably isn't going to be an issue).
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:21 PM #1376
Brewster19

Brewster19 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Brewster19 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Brewster19 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Etek 4 or Ego 09??
Brewster19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 07:23 AM #1377
Phil00r

Phil00r owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Phil00r posts videos on PbNation
ego09
Phil00r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:32 AM #1378
SilentBall55

Etek4 vs Alien

I already own a Etha but also looking at an Etek4 as well.

Any one here has shot an Alien can tell me if the sweep bolt causes the ball to hook left or right if the gun is not held vertically?

Last edited by SilentBall55 : 06-18-2012 at 04:20 PM.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:49 PM #1379
Sbirke

Etek 3 lt...i have shot both and the Etek 3 is very reliable...its a solid gun and wont give you much problems...its just loud
Sbirke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 05:48 PM #1380
bosshoggsoulja
hollywood666

bosshoggsoulja owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
bosshoggsoulja has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Etek 3 vs etek 2. Jus got back in the sport after a long break and i bought an etek 2. I wanna make sure its not too outdated
Old 08-14-2012, 11:51 PM #1381
Archhh

F

Last edited by Archhh : 03-20-2013 at 10:44 AM.
Archhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:32 AM #1382
Kyle77

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosshoggsoulja View Post
Etek 3 vs etek 2. Jus got back in the sport after a long break and i bought an etek 2. I wanna make sure its not too outdated
ETek 2 is fine. BUT look for a decent deal on a used etek 3, as there is an improvement.
Kyle77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:07 AM #1383
HeadHunter team SOVA

HeadHunter team SOVA owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
HeadHunter team SOVA owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
What is the value for a used Etek2 with Star frame? Wear is typical if not better condition than most with the exception the Regulator has some scratches. Shoots great, chrono not completed at this time.
HeadHunter team SOVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:43 AM #1384
Archhh

Etek 3 am vs proto reflex rail?
Archhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:58 PM #1385
guitarfreek2005
Grunt life

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberpwnage69 View Post
i dont actually have a dm6 but i have shot one...

dm6 and etek comparison
Ul frame is the one real advantage imo
ul barrel is better then eteks but with leftover money get a SLY kit
spool valve meaning smoother shooting then etek
no kick and the etek has little to no kick
quiet and etek is louder but who cares
light but etek maybe lighter
hyper2 but eteks is just as good
exspensive compared to etek
harder to matinance then etek
less reliable then etek

with the money left from not getting dm6 you can get new barrel/kit bolt trigger frame rammer and make it better then a dm

i did the best i could without actually owning a dm6....hope i helped
i currentll own both guns and have to say the etek 2 shoots better than my DM6. both using a dye rotor and 14" freak kit with proper barrel to paint match the etek shoots much better. to get the dm6 ultra smooth the dwell has to be set in the low 20's and becomes a monstrious gas hog. even with a complete techt l7 kit and all spacers in and 550 mod the etek shot better over all. the DM6 is very compact and i give the dm6 kudos for easier board programming but i find the grip on the etek more natural feeling than the ul grip. the dm6 trigger is total crap and one must upgrade to a critical trigger. the stock etek trigger feels almost as smooth as a dm critical and has same 2 adjustment points. the dm is psp oriented for slower shooting and has more mass moving inside the gun. the etek/ego is oriented for nppl semi 15 bps and has much less internal mass...as for care and cleaning both are identacle. the fuse bolt is easy to clean and easy to lube and dye now makes dummy proof color coded O-ring kits eventhough since 06 i still have the origional o-rings in my bolt. i clean and lube the day before i play and let techt gun sav soak into the o-rings and clean and lube the gun when i get home from playing. both guns can sit forever and have no issues as long as you lube the bolt before shooting. the first shot drop off is annoying in the dm6 and abs on can break fragile paint...my only complaint with the etek is the T-rail for differ asa and dropforwards....i am a big guy and use drop forwards still. i had to get long screws from hardware store but it worked on my etek. the natural point of aim is better on the etek, i like the detents on the dm6 better and wish PE would stop using the nubbies because you can by hand feel the resistance it puts on the bolt. over all go etek with either freak or deadly wind barrel with bore kit and you are golden
guitarfreek2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:09 PM #1386
guitarfreek2005
Grunt life

Quote:
Originally Posted by crfracer290 View Post
Thanks alot.
Yeah I figured with the 250 or so I would have to add ontop of my Etek for a DM6 trade I could get a star frame and maniac board and a new barrel and maybe a cure bolt and then have a rockin gun.
Etek 2 with cure 4 pooty mod, freak back with deadlywind 14' tip and freak bore kit, virtue OLED board, clamping feed neck, critical trigger, zic kit,pops asa.....i get on average 12-16 160 rnd pods with COLD 68/4500 tank and good paint to barrel match and NOT tuned for effiency but smoothness, uncapped 26bps with rotor......contrary to what most people say i am not a fan of the QEV style lucky frame....with these mods the etek 2 performs just as well if not better than my teammate's Ego11. the less milling although not as cool looking is easier to clean. so i say go etek over dm. i traded my dm for a etek2 and don't regret it one bit!
guitarfreek2005 is offline   Reply With Quote