xxinvision

has been a member for 10 years
xxinvision plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
xxinvision plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyIsBack View Post
Theory on the Hulk discussion:
Spoiler: (Highlight this box to see the hidden message.)
When he attacked Romanov he became the Hulk accidentally but he became the Hulk voluntarily for the fight. He even said just before that happened that his secret is "I'm always angry." I took that to mean he learned to be able to become the Hulk at will but if pushed into it against his will it is still out of control.
This is what I thought too.
Little extra info below about the end credits.
If you watch Thor, there is Thanos glove in the relic room where they kept the Destroyer and the thing the frost giants were after.
The Comeback Kids
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-06-2012, 01:10 AM #65
GB20
G-no

GB20 is a Professional paintball player
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxinvision View Post
If you watch Thor, there is Thanos glove in the relic room where they kept the Destroyer and the thing the frost giants were after.
You mean the ultimate gauntlet? I really hope they don't end up using Thanos as the villain. Using these alien creatures as a villain in this one was a stretch enough(although successfully excecuted), throwing in Thanos would just bring the whole thing way too far out. I was a fan of how Ironman, Captain America, and even the Hulk stayed somewhat realistic and believable. Thor was well done, but too fantasy like. Thanos with an ultimate gauntlet battle would just be redic.

As far as the explanation to my question about Hulk - I don't know if that's the right answer, but it definitely sounds like a good one. I'll buy it.
D.C. DEVASTATION #20
INFAMOUS #20
JACKSONVILLE RAIDERS #20
VICIOUS #00
Old 05-06-2012, 01:27 AM #66
memorex
I'm Suppish

memorex helped look for balloons
memorex is reppin' sidebar 4 life
every post is just people typing in spoiler tags now, lol

None the less a good flick. Hulk was my favorite of the bunch...mainly because they made him look like a total indestructible bad ***.

guess i will join in on the spoiler typing fun....
Alright, the Hulk took endless amounts of shots to the body, was able to stop a flying gigantic whale/wtf ship on a dime by punching it. It seems like the hulk is basically god, where no one can defeat him. I guess in the end hulk>everything else.

Here is what I am pondering...
One thing that kinda annoys me is how they defeat Loki. The man gets in massive fight with about every avenger, Loki and thor were mostly going at it, two godly beings were trading blow for blow and he was able to take the damage and still be able to get away/fight on. But then he finally meets the hulk face to face and the hulk throws loki around like a rag doll, making it seem he crushes every bone is his body. So then loki just lays there and waits for the avengers to saver the day and let thor take his back as a prisoner or whatevs. I thought that the scene was good and funny, but a little suprised how the hulk was just able to finish him in 2 seconds.
Old 05-06-2012, 01:56 AM #67
R8s

Best superhero movie in years! Joss Whedon has out done himself.

too many spoiler tags make Hulk smash!
Old 05-06-2012, 04:17 AM #68
Silverghost

plays in the NXL
Silverghost owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
Silverghost supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by memorex View Post

None the less a good flick. Hulk was my favorite of the bunch...mainly because they made him look like a total indestructible bad ***.

Alright, the Hulk took endless amounts of shots to the body, was able to stop a flying gigantic whale/wtf ship on a dime by punching it. It seems like the hulk is basically god, where no one can defeat him. I guess in the end hulk>everything else.

One thing that kinda annoys me is how they defeat Loki. The man gets in massive fight with about every avenger, Loki and thor were mostly going at it, two godly beings were trading blow for blow and he was able to take the damage and still be able to get away/fight on. But then he finally meets the hulk face to face and the hulk throws loki around like a rag doll, making it seem he crushes every bone is his body. So then loki just lays there and waits for the avengers to saver the day and let thor take his back as a prisoner or whatevs. I thought that the scene was good and funny, but a little suprised how the hulk was just able to finish him in 2 seconds.
Perhaps he wanted to be taken and it was all just a big distraction for the bigger picture....duh duh duh.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:26 AM #69
pballler2269

pballler2269 helped look for balloons
I really want to watch this again.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:20 AM #70
KyIsBack
Flim Flam

Quote:
Originally Posted by memorex View Post

I think it destroyed Loki's will power more than anything else.

POW
Old 05-06-2012, 12:05 PM #71
slateman

slateman is a Supporting Member
slateman is a founding member
slateman is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Good movie is good. Have no idea who the red alien was at the end though

Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit
Old 05-06-2012, 12:44 PM #72
smahthers2K12 (Banned)

smahthers2K12 is playing at Living Legends V
smahthers2K12 posts videos on PbNation
smahthers2K12 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Its raining buckets today so I figured ill go and check this out
Old 05-06-2012, 09:58 PM #73
IGotAEpiphany
UNACTIVE

about The Avengers 2 villian
I dont think Thanos is the next villain for the Avengers 2... I think he will be Ironman's villain in Ironman 3
Old 05-06-2012, 10:34 PM #74
big_scott
Has a good personality.

big_scott is a founding member
big_scott supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by IGotAEpiphany View Post
I dont think Thanos is the next villain for the Avengers 2... I think he will be Ironman's villain in Ironman 3
The villain for IM3 is someone who releases a virus via nanobots played by Ben Kingsley. They haven't named the villain specifically, but that doesn't sound like the MO for a being like Thanos.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:04 PM #75
ShinDig
Party Over Here

ShinDig has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by IGotAEpiphany View Post
I hope not. I prefer the Iron Man movies to be grounded in a more "realistic" fashion. And by realistic I mean his enemies using technology to combat Stark technology like the previous films.

It's ok for the Avengers seeing as all of them together are practically invincible and need an outlandish outside force to pose a threat.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:59 PM #76
R8s

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_scott View Post
The villain for IM3 is someone who releases a virus via nanobots played by Ben Kingsley. They haven't named the villain specifically, but that doesn't sound like the MO for a being like Thanos.
According to IMDB its Mandarin.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:58 AM #77
IplayforRelentless
Quit changing my avatar!

IplayforRelentless is BST Trusted
IplayforRelentless is a Paintball photographer
IplayforRelentless supports our troops
IplayforRelentless is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
IplayforRelentless is attending Decay of Nations VI
Movie was amazing. The literal Hulk Smash had the whole theater laughing and clapping. Perfect balance between action and humor, I thought. I sort of saw this film as a Michael Bay film, sort of, but with good direction. I was really impressed by the flick Black Widow's first scene gave me a chub and I went "Oh my God" near the end, which got a pretty good laugh out of my roommate haha.
"Originally posted by -|2ain: Ima kill Dieing to live when he gets back! THEY MADE ME DO A RECTAL EXAM!!!! A ****ING RECTAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!"
"Originally posted by tremis: I love the self righteousness of the photographers with the claim that they "created" a photograph. Delusional at all? The law may ignorantly side with the photographer, but the subject has done the vast majority of the work and they dont get any credit/royalties."
I take hipster photos on Instagram - @hobbesthetiger
NJ Devils MN Wild MN Twins Chi Cubs IA Hawkeyes

Last edited by IplayforRelentless : 05-07-2012 at 05:03 AM.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:11 AM #78
tater66

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxinvision View Post
Which probably means they will tie Thanos into Thor 2 stealing the Infinity Gauntlet* (not ultimate ) and set it up how avengers was with the next round of hero movies all slightly being intertwined. Bam next avengers after that.

"Originally Posted by AR55
Must of been a pretty intense game if you had to wear headbands."
Old 05-07-2012, 11:11 AM #79
KyIsBack
Flim Flam

Quote:
Originally Posted by IplayforRelentless View Post
Movie was amazing. The literal Hulk Smash had the whole theater laughing and clapping. Perfect balance between action and humor, I thought. I sort of saw this film as a Michael Bay film, sort of, but with good direction. I was really impressed by the flick Black Widow's first scene gave me a chub and I went "Oh my God" near the end, which got a pretty good laugh out of my roommate haha.
Except Michael Bay would have had the aliens have ball sacks and stereotypically black voices and terrible actors and an awful script and the action scenes would have been incredibly dull. But there would have been way more explosions.

During the trailer for Battleship I said to my friend "Is this Michael Bay's wet dream?" That movie is basically copying Bay's formula.

POW
Old 05-07-2012, 12:41 PM #80
T1tanrush
Team Green

T1tanrush helped look for balloons
T1tanrush owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
T1tanrush supports Team VICIOUS
PM link for online watching plz ty
My tea's gone cold I'm wondering why I.. got out of bed at all The morning rain clouds up my window.. and I can't see at all And even if I could it'd all be gray, but your picture on my wall It reminds me, that it's not so bad, it's not so bad.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:08 PM #81
big_scott
Has a good personality.

big_scott is a founding member
big_scott supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by R8s

He was going to be in the movie (not the main villain) when Favreau was still attached but the new Director has come out and said he thinks Mandarin is too much of a bad Asian Stereotype and took him out of the script completely.

It's possible that they may come up with a new villain that is loosely based on Mandarin, however.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:16 PM #82
RanDoM_MoNkeY
Stump the Monkey!

Am I the only one who hopes that the series ends with Avengers 2? Thanos gets the infinity gauntlet and kills all the heros like he is supposed to. Would be epic imo.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:30 PM #83
tater66

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_scott View Post
He was going to be in the movie (not the main villain) when Favreau was still attached but the new Director has come out and said he thinks Mandarin is too much of a bad Asian Stereotype and took him out of the script completely.

It's possible that they may come up with a new villain that is loosely based on Mandarin, however.
FIN FANG FOOM!!! One can hope

^^ would be soul crushing if they had avengers 2 do that. Soul crushing, but exhilarating.

"Originally Posted by AR55
Must of been a pretty intense game if you had to wear headbands."
Old 05-07-2012, 04:33 PM #84
xxinvision

xxinvision plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
xxinvision plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by R8s View Post
Like stated above, that was true when Favreau was director, the Mandarin was set up in the first Ironman. But speculation is, based on casting and script leaks, IM3 will be based on Ironman Extremis. That is all speculation of course, I would love to see the Mandarin as the villain.
The Comeback Kids