|O..........O......|
|L...............L...|
|D.................D|
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-15-2013, 06:47 PM #1787
Imnothungry
Im actually pretty hungry

i loved the first one minus the travel/mining ****. they made it better in 2 but they took away all the gun customization i loved. 3 kind of combines the best of both worlds and probably the best 3rd person shooter controls ive ever seen (gears is real good with that too)

last of us looks fun but the only games i wanted on ps3 were that and uncharted so i went 360. honestly, uncharted is reason enough to buy a ps3, those games are phenomenal.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:49 PM #1788
FL07
On High Alert

has been a member for 10 years
Meh. Guess I can't get into games like that. Only thing I can really stick with is sports or racing games. Use my PS3 mostly just for blu ray
Old 02-15-2013, 06:53 PM #1789
Imnothungry

i cannot stand most sports games outside NHL.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:00 PM #1790
Superzeus
Domer

Superzeus is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imnothungry View Post

it flat pays more but i would be living in down town chicago (probably with my cousin in Wrigleyville until i found a place) so realistically i would be making the same or less. the company is cool as **** though, casual dress, epic lunch provided, everyone is young and they have like ping pong tables and **** all over so you can take random breaks and dick around. its set up more like a modern marketing/ad agency rather than a logistics company. the main issue is i would be on the phone MOST of the time and i would rather do analysis than talk to people.

I am waiting to hear back from a few other places before I do anything. i absolutely need to find something by mid may or i will be out of the butt and into the ****

edit: is anyone good with resumes? i am using the same one from like years ago i have just updated and i kind of hate it. I hear the keep it to one page thing is sort of a thing of the past now so long as it is relevant, how true is that?
Coyote?

I manned the booth next to them at the ND career fair. Their recruiters are smooookin hot
Old 02-15-2013, 07:03 PM #1791
tater_salad (Banned)

Old 02-15-2013, 07:33 PM #1792
Imnothungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superzeus View Post
Coyote?

I manned the booth next to them at the ND career fair. Their recruiters are smooookin hot
yea i went to school with one of their recruiters, she is a freaking babe.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:19 PM #1793
SmartyJones
Best in the World

SmartyJones helped look for balloons
SmartyJones is playing at Living Legends III
SmartyJones has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SmartyJones has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
SmartyJones has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOOT3R USA View Post
I'm going to get high speed Internet installed so I can play online.

I just don't know if I want to pay 60$ a month for it
I can play online fine at 3 MB/s, when the internet is steady at least. If you can afford it and it's available I'd go for at least 4 though.

I'm hopefully switching to cable internet soon so I won't have to deal with AT&T's bull**** any more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imnothungry View Post
we are so ripped off in America when it comes to internet and cable. i game with some English and Danish dudes occasionally and dont pay ****.
Our com systems are horse **** compared to Europe. They average at least double our average DL speeds and have absolutely insane UL speeds compared to ours. The prices are cheaper too. There is no excuse for any company (let alone huge national providers) to still be using copper phone line for internet service. They need to be putting more resources into getting every company over to fiber optic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOOT3R USA View Post
Since when do FPS games come with a separate disc for multi player?

Last one I played was MW2
The larger games have this. They can't fit campaigns and multiplayer maps on the same disc any more, so they're doing that until next gen consoles when everybody has blu ray.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:19 PM #1794
mrchuck234

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartyJones View Post
Our com systems are horse **** compared to Europe. They average at least double our average DL speeds and have absolutely insane UL speeds compared to ours. The prices are cheaper too. There is no excuse for any company (let alone huge national providers) to still be using copper phone line for internet service. They need to be putting more resources into getting every company over to fiber optic.
You do realize that even with "fiber optic connections", you're still getting cat5 (copper) inside of your house. There's no such thing as a 100% fiber connection.

I worked for AT&T as a install tech, trust me.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:28 PM #1795
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

Featherlite 07 is playing at Living Legends III
Featherlite 07 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
and? the speed limitations of CAT5/5e/6 are well beyond what anything other than FIOS is able to give you, as far as I'm aware. The bottleneck is the internet providers.

Jesus smarty, 3mbps is terrible. Of course with crapcast I was at like 2. With Fios I am around 20ish on wifi and 40 if its plugged in. I think it was a little faster before though, something is slowing it down, but I am not bothered enough yet.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:29 PM #1796
Kolder
The Commish

Kolder is a Mega Moderator
Kolder is a Supporting Member
Kolder is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
Kolder is Immortal
How do you guys make it with that speed? I'd go crazy.

██████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████
Old 02-15-2013, 09:33 PM #1797
mrchuck234

Well that was kind of the point I was making; the problem isn't the wiring. It's definitely the ISP.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:35 PM #1798
Kolder
The Commish

Kolder is a Mega Moderator
Kolder is a Supporting Member
Kolder is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
Kolder is Immortal
Blame the FCC. No competition breeds complacency. Only reason I get decent speeds is the local government creating their own fiber network nearby. So Cox decided they needed to look less ****ty.

██████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████
Old 02-15-2013, 10:23 PM #1799
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

Well yeah, the cable companies have been lobbying congress for decades to fight off competition. Why innovate when you can get laws passed that force people to use your ****ty service?
Old 02-15-2013, 10:26 PM #1800
tater_salad (Banned)

I don't think mine is too bad.

Old 02-15-2013, 10:54 PM #1801
DMC_OWNER
Much bad. Very wow.

lol you think your "high speed" internet is slow?

My mom lives in ****ing bum **** egypt of NW Ohio and this is what we deal with:

I just ran the test 2 mins ago.

Xbox live won't even connect, and windows take damn near dial up speeds to open.

**** this ****ty state, and the area I grew up in.

Originally Posted by NinjaMouse:But as a poster in this thread, all I can say is good ****ing luck to whoever wants to try to knock you off the #1 spot. That will take something epic. It would be the upset of the posting season.

Originally Posted by Fat Joe: I don't feel the need to constantly point out when Im right.

#12 Michigan football record: 10-3 - Citrus Bowl Champions
Old 02-15-2013, 11:04 PM #1802
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

mine is a little slow now. though I am uptairs and behind some walls from where the router is.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:01 AM #1803
SmartyJones
Best in the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchuck234 View Post
You do realize that even with "fiber optic connections", you're still getting cat5 (copper) inside of your house. There's no such thing as a 100% fiber connection.

I worked for AT&T as a install tech, trust me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchuck234 View Post
Well that was kind of the point I was making; the problem isn't the wiring. It's definitely the ISP.
I'm talking about what comes out of the wall and into the modem. No company should be using phone line for that, they should at least be using coaxial cables. I realize they still use copper, I suppose I should have made my original point clearer.

Also, do U-verse speeds seem rather slow to anyone? The max plan is 24 mb/s for $66/month. The local cable company's basic plan is 30 mb/s for $30/month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolder View Post

I never had a problem with gaming at 3 mb/s. I would have maybe one issue a week or every other week where I would just have to restart my modem. However last year some time, the internet went out for a whole night. After calling and being on the phone with AT&T for 45 minutes, they finally tell me that they're doing work on the lines in my area to improve stability. Ever since the internet came back the following day, it's been spotty as ****. It disconnects on average 4-5 times a day, for anywhere from 5 seconds to a minute. It has pretty much ruined online gaming for me as I'll get kicked from a game and I can't get back in the game in time. It has also chosen some pretty inopportune times to crap out when I'm doing simple web browsing (ie right when I submit a form, whether it be email, finances, et cetera).

It's so frustrating, I've been on the phone with them dozens of times, and they always say the same thing. They'll either say the line looks fine or there are errors, they will do something, and it will be fine for 30 minutes and then it will be sketchy again. The worst part is I'm pissed the whole time but I can't let it out on the people on the phone or the tech guys that come out and look at stuff. They're just doing they're job and most of the time they're nice as hell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMC_OWNER View Post
lol you think your "high speed" internet is slow?

My mom lives in ****ing bum **** egypt of NW Ohio and this is what we deal with:

I just ran the test 2 mins ago.

Xbox live won't even connect, and windows take damn near dial up speeds to open.

**** this ****ty state, and the area I grew up in.
That's definitely bull****. I know my ping is high at around 90 and I get pissed when it even gets close to 100. I can't imagine having average download that slow though.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:01 AM #1804
Imnothungry

Quote:

Yall got cox down there too? **** rules, ill run my test when I get home but it taint that.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:05 AM #1805
SmartyJones
Best in the World

Quote:

From what I've seen Cox is pretty good. I have a friend in California who claims to get 300 mb/s with them. I doubt it's that fast, but anytime he downloads something for gaming he's done with the download pretty damn fast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherlite 07 View Post
mine is a little slow now. though I am uptairs and behind some walls from where the router is.
I wish Fios were available in my area. I also looked at Centurylink but their service comes to about within 2 hours of me so I'm SOL there too. I'll probably just end up getting Charter.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:10 AM #1806
Dougie v2
This is Dog Fort.

Dougie v2 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo

dat ping

Considering I don't upload stuff all that often I'm perfectly happy with my connection.

*edit for phone

Last edited by Dougie v2 : 02-16-2013 at 12:20 AM.