Old 01-18-2013, 11:59 PM #148
ArchAngelIon
I run a field now

has been a member for 10 years
ArchAngelIon plays in the PSP
ArchAngelIon helped look for balloons
ArchAngelIon posts videos on PbNation
ArchAngelIon is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
I would throw them a counter offer of dropping the NPPL, and maybe an extra 1-2k in "loyalty fees" on top of the standard vendor fees.

Interesting to see the PSP trying to kill off the NPPL. It needs to happen, and now they are stepping up their efforts. It's so obvious the NPPL is strapped for cash with the advent of the D3-D4 pro team.......
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-19-2013, 12:39 AM #149
Sk8r_18

plays in the NXL
Sk8r_18 plays in the APPA D5 division
Sk8r_18 supports Ninja Paintball
"On this episode of Judge Judy"
Old 01-19-2013, 12:42 AM #150
FallenHero_08
KCCO

Correct me if im wrong but "and you have to pay 10k more then other paint sponsors." every paint sponsor pays to sell paint in the PSP, the face that PSP is asking valken to pay more, is there call. its none of your business what PSP asks each vendor to pay. if they as one vendor to pay more then another, they probably have reasons behind that. im sure the other paint distributors have been selling in psp for a while, maybe they are locked into agreements or contracts with psp on their prices, or maybe they signed with psp years ago, and psp feels they are justified to bump the price up in todays economy, or maybe they just want to show valken they made the wrong choices in the past, and they are going to pay more for their mistakes. they are not straight up asking for 10 grand when everyone else gets in for free.
FallenHero_08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:21 AM #151
Xfactor1331
Proving Grounds Or Die.

Xfactor1331 plays in the PSP
Xfactor1331 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Xfactor1331 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldskoopimp1 View Post
That's business happens in more then just paintball its sad but true.
NBA and ABA.
Josh Pookie Powell Fan #1
PG RISE FOREVER
Xfactor1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:31 AM #152
Xfactor1331
Proving Grounds Or Die.

Xfactor1331 plays in the PSP
Xfactor1331 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Xfactor1331 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj red dog View Post
I personally think Gino was Catfished just like that Manti Te'o fellow.
Play like you had a fake girlfriend died today
Josh Pookie Powell Fan #1
PG RISE FOREVER
Xfactor1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:14 AM #153
jerryjjackson69

jerryjjackson69 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
jerryjjackson69 owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
jerryjjackson69 owns a Planet Eclipse CSR
Neither business has publicly made any statements, everything posted by the OP and others is from personal Facebook accounts, not businesses. If what is said is true, then it sucks for Valken but it makes sense. The PSP doesn't want you to support NPPL, lots of sponsorship contracts made demands like this. As for being charged an additional 10k, that's because you showed up late the the party. Other paint vendors have already paid their way in and they are expecting certain sales, by allowing another vendor in it's causing loyal previous sponsors to lose money and their investment in being there first is depreciated. So, for a new guy to come in and get a slice of pie, it's gonna cost more to buy a chunk when the whole thing was already spoken for.

As for not allowing a vendor's truck on site, that's because you're not a sponsor. I'm sure if you pay to be a sponsor like everyone else has then you can bring your company to the event.
jerryjjackson69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:29 AM #154
swanton23
ASCENSION

swanton23 plays in the PSP
swanton23 plays in the APPA D5 division
swanton23 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
They had tents last year so they were a sponsor. And they applied for 2013 paint in 2012 so they weren't late either. And a statement was released saying psp would allow all paint sponsors in psp. Check your facts

ASCENSION
swanton23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:39 AM #155
FallenHero_08
KCCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanton23 View Post
They had tents last year so they were a sponsor. And they applied for 2013 paint in 2012 so they weren't late either. And a statement was released saying psp would allow all paint sponsors in psp. Check your facts
they were late, other companys have been paint sponsors for years, and PSP is not telling them they are not aloud, they are simply telling them how much they have to pay to bring their paint to the event. its not extortion and its not that hard to figure it out.
FallenHero_08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:30 AM #156
Celtic Paintballer

Celtic Paintballer has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
In the end it comes down to this. NPPL is a sinking ship and everyone knows it. PSP is just trying to throw Valken a life raft. Mind you that life raft comes with a $10k(supposedly) price tag, that's how the game is played. PSP saw a business opportunity and took it. Too all of those who say NPPL isnt dying, how can a league be doing well if they have to SELL pro team spots to bring in teams? Plus why is no one from Kee or GI complaining that they were not allowed to sell paint at NPPL?

And shame on Gino for making this public. Business should have be done properly and professionally. Don't go whining on facebook because you feel you have received an unfair offer.
Celtic Paintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:27 AM #157
CrazyDriver84
I Snipe with PSP Mode

plays in the NXL
CrazyDriver84 plays in the APPA D4 division
CrazyDriver84 supports Ninja Paintball
CrazyDriver84 supports Empire
If anyone thinks this is bad they should read about how Walmart treats their vendors. This is just an offer. Gino could take it or leave it or be an adult and counter offer.

The NPPL is on it's way out and this was the PSP holding out an olive branch. The branch did have a few thorns on it though.

Posting on Facebook like this is childish and will get him nowhere. PSP has all the gold and they get to make the rules.
CrazyDriver84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:24 AM #158
sithpb
last call for sin

sithpb donated to help Peyton Trent
sithpb supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDriver84
If anyone thinks this is bad they should read about how Walmart treats their vendors. This is just an offer. Gino could take it or leave it or be an adult and counter offer.

The NPPL is on it's way out and this was the PSP holding out an olive branch. The branch did have a few thorns on it though.

Posting on Facebook like this is childish and will get him nowhere. PSP has all the gold and they get to make the rules.
and if their next rules mean only using guns by dye and kee? if players let this happen with paint, that could be next.

Originally Posted by msonic:
Pistol whipped with an ego
Ego frame bends, whip unsuccessful.

Originally Posted by cookie123 :
Maybe I Like It In The ***! Sexist www.aggressivesports.net
sithpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:27 AM #159
crowntheking

crowntheking plays in the PSP
crowntheking is playing at Living Legends V
crowntheking is playing at Living Legends VI
crowntheking supports Team VICIOUS
crowntheking is Legendary
crowntheking supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by sithpb

and if their next rules mean only using guns by dye and kee? if players let this happen with paint, that could be next.
Lol. No.

Thats two unrelated things.
crowntheking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:27 AM #160
swanton23
ASCENSION

I agree. Make a petition to allow valken send it to Psp

ASCENSION
Old 01-19-2013, 09:30 AM #161
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Quote:
I agree. Make a petition to allow valken send it to Psp
The PSP doesn't have to do anything it doesn't want to do. No pro teams are going to boycott the biggest league to play in a league that's coughing up blood and on its last legs. You must be a pre-teen that knows little about business.

Valken can whine & cry until they're blue in the breasts, still doesn't change the fact that they're choosing to participate in a losing business with the NPPL. My prediction is that Gino will eventually cave in and pay the piper.
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:37 AM #162
swanton23
ASCENSION

Don't give a flying frogs *** in a windstorm about business. There's a ton of valken teams who would love to shoot their paint. I think kee paint sucks. GI is ok. Valken has a deal going now to help their teams. Something kee or GI wouldnt do

ASCENSION

Last edited by swanton23 : 01-19-2013 at 09:43 AM.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:02 AM #163
TheRedButton

TheRedButton owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Don't give a flying frogs *** in a windstorm about business. There's a ton of valken teams who would love to shoot their paint. I think kee paint sucks. GI is ok. Valken has a deal going now to help their teams. Something kee or GI wouldnt do
Cool story.
Cory Persson Fan #1

Nitro Paintball
Purdue Alumni

TheRedButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:04 AM #164
98Pro
Asylum 502

98Pro plays in the PSP
98Pro owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
98Pro owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
98Pro plays in the APPA D4 division
People who say kee paint is crap must have shot a bad batch of it. Around here I haven't seen a team win using something other than GI/DXS (i prefer DXS of the two by a long shot) or Ultra Evil in quite a while. Our regional series winners in both divisions and race-2-2 and race-2-4 all shot evil. I will admit Valken makes good cheap practice paint, KEE's practice or Econ paint like heat is... Not good, however when you get to top tier paint Valken doesn't compete.
"Alright you guys are my ginger crew, you gotta act hard af" - Todd Martinez
Play SEPS!
98Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:16 AM #165
7paintball
Service at its best.

7paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
7paintball supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8r_18 View Post
"On this episode of Judge Judy"
Hahaha, all we can really do is sit back and see what happens
Lockport, IL 60441
(815) 588-1777

We always offer discounts to the Military, Police and Fire Departments.
7paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:31 AM #166
ztbob

ztbob plays in the PSP
ztbob supports DLX Technology
this sucks i wish Valken was able to sell their paint at psp this year.

Gainesville Gridiron D2
ztbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:32 AM #167
Terry59
Hustler, Hitter, Assassin

Terry59 is a Supporting Member
Terry59 is a founding member
Terry59 works for a Paintball manufacturer
Terry59 plays in the USPL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98Pro View Post
People who say kee paint is crap must have shot a bad batch of it. Around here I haven't seen a team win using something other than GI/DXS (i prefer DXS of the two by a long shot) or Ultra Evil in quite a while. Our regional series winners in both divisions and race-2-2 and race-2-4 all shot evil. I will admit Valken makes good cheap practice paint, KEE's practice or Econ paint like heat is... Not good, however when you get to top tier paint Valken doesn't compete.
Clearly you and many here have limited experience with Valken's tournament grade paint
I attend and played both national series events last season, and the 13 years prior.
Valken's Redemption Pro was overall had consistently better than anything the competition provided to players last season.

Just wait for upcoming PSP paint prices, if your not a pro team representing one of those manufactureres, be prepared for the price hike!!!

Last edited by Terry59 : 01-19-2013 at 10:35 AM.
Terry59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:57 AM #168
Matte

Here is little point that most players are missing.
#1 Fields=teams and there are a ton of fields who shoot Valken.

I own a field and I personally think that Valken paint is the most consistant paint we have carried in a long time.With Valken I am not worried about paint quality from one skidd to the next.

Now this brings me to the PSP not allowing Valken Paint = My field is less likely to be sending teams to PSP because of the difficulty of getting Paint.

Yes these are only divisional teams, but that is what truly pays for the PSP's and their vendor's staff and operational expenses.

In the end this does not help fix the problem with tourney paintball as it does not allow players to vote with their money thus keeping two leagues alive. If Valken were allowed in PSP I could see the potential of most Valken NPPL teams choosing to play PSP at the divisional level.

No offense to any parties mentioned it just the way I see it.

Matte
Matte is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.