LAND SHARKS

has been a member for 10 years
pbjim donated to help Peyton Trent
pbjim supports Bob Gurnsey
pbjim supports our troops
pbjim has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
pbjim is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
pbjim supports DLX Technology
upping this thread should stay at the top.

If a Mod sees this could you please think about putting a sticky on it.

Thanks in advance
pbjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-24-2006, 11:39 AM #44
Metcalfe

Metcalfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 05:21 PM #45
cocker_doctor

ok so i just traded my ego for a dm6 im in canada shipped first guy recieved it is sending the dm6 out of missouri on the 2nd if january ups now the marker the dm6 is valued at around 900 candian dollars so how would i got about getting it over border duty fee ive heard listing as warranty repair or gift which works better to get it over border without owning htem money
cocker_doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 06:02 PM #46
pbjim
LAND SHARKS

pbjim donated to help Peyton Trent
pbjim supports Bob Gurnsey
pbjim supports our troops
pbjim has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
pbjim is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
pbjim supports DLX Technology
you can say its a gift but you should send it overnite or express so it will go thur customs quicker.
pbjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 09:58 PM #47
PaulO3M
I AM CANADIAN!!!

PaulO3M is a Supporting Member
From my understanding (I could be wrong, someone correct me if I am) but marking it as a warranty repair will not work. If it was a legit warranty repair, you would have shipped it into the US first, had it repaired and then they would ship it back to you. It would therefore have customs papers showing that it did, in fact, originally come from Canada and it was just being returned and therefore is duty exempt. It might work, but I wouldn't bet on it.

You could also try marking it as a gift, but at a value of $900 CDN, it's unlikely that this will work. The only way is if by luck the customs officials don't check it. But it is possible that you won't be charged.

Where does dye manufacture their markers? If they are made in the USA then they are duty-exempt (i.e. NAFTA) and you are only supposed to pay taxes on the item (as well as a brokerage fee to UPS for handling the package across the border). So if it is made in the USA, make sure the sender clearly labels it as such, preferably ship it in the original package that says "made in the USA".

That's all I can tell you. You may very well have to pay taxes/fees on it, or you may not. It's all luck.

Paul

"Damn those Canadians! If only they used their politeness for good instead of evil!"
15 reasons to trust me on pbnation
PaulO3M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 07:15 PM #48
-=PYRO=-

bump it.
-=PYRO=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 09:26 PM #49
PaulO3M
I AM CANADIAN!!!

PaulO3M is a Supporting Member
I learned something new about shipping into Canada.

Even if you use UPS or FedEx to ship your paintball stuff into Canada, you don't need to use them as the customs broker. When UPS comes to your door with your item demanding the duty/taxes and brokerage fees, you tell them that you don't want to use them as a broker. They will then take the package back to their depot where you will have to go to pick it up. When you get there you need to ask them for the paper work (customs declaration forms) and then bring them to a CCRA (Canada customs and revenue) where you will have to pay any duty/taxes but not the brokerage fees. They will then give you some paperwork that you bring back to UPS and then UPS will release the package to you. I wouldn't recommend doing this with Canada Post since they only charge $5 for fees which is very reasonable. However, UPS charges a fee based on the value of the import, which can be quite costly. They charged me $30 for importing a $170 paintball gun kit. I could've saved that if I had known about this.

Paul

"Damn those Canadians! If only they used their politeness for good instead of evil!"
15 reasons to trust me on pbnation
PaulO3M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 08:54 AM #50
-=PYRO=-

great info paul! I did notice you used the word "customs" like thats a extra charge. There is no custom charges just taxes and broker fees. And usps/can post charges a flat fee $5 is sweet. They charge $10 if a courier was used to pu the item.
Old 07-05-2007, 05:01 PM #51
-=PYRO=-

keep it to the top!
Old 07-15-2007, 03:11 PM #52
Ethan211

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulO3M View Post
Sorry, but you're wrong.
Really? So why would the woman I spoke with at ICBC when I was picking up the transfer forms to buy a used car explicitly tell me that I should use the 'gift option' to avoid paying taxes?
This is instead of the old way of just declaring it to be worth $1, because if you declare the value as $1, that's exactly what you'll get from the insurance company when you write off your car.

That's a pretty smooth trick with refusing the package when UPS delivers it, but what worked for me once [I somehow doubt I would get away with it again] was calling them up the next day and complaining, in a calm and respectful way, about their very high brokerage fee and my understandable hesitation to ship anything with them again; after about 20 minutes, the representative agreed to refund me everything [taxes and brokerage fees.]
Ethan211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 05:07 PM #53
zedducus

Ok looking at buying a gun, shipping it across the border, driving across the border 30 mins away. picking it up and brining it back. What would be the cheapest way of brining it back, other than pretending to have played with it?

n/m

Last edited by zedducus : 09-26-2007 at 05:11 PM.
zedducus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 08:06 AM #54
zedducus

sticky this please, third time i have come to use this thread
zedducus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 04:46 PM #55
gnarkillhaggard
cant be touched...

i pm'd a mod asking to sticky this
Old 10-23-2007, 03:27 PM #56
gnarkillhaggard
cant be touched...

yaah i got it stickied
Old 11-20-2007, 04:51 PM #57
1hourglass1

ya im tryin to decide if i should buy this sft shocker from long island new york
its $300 and i dont have more than 350 will i have enough to buy it im from hamilton ontario with the shipping and everything if so how should i do it
1hourglass1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 08:16 PM #58
UpDawg

Can anyone help me out?

I am buying something from someone in Canada (Calgary, Alberta), and he is confused on how to ship via USPS from Canada. I am trying to help him out, but have not found a way to do it. If anyone knows how, please let me know. Thanks.
UpDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 08:33 AM #59
Frink98

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpDawg View Post
Can anyone help me out?

I am buying something from someone in Canada (Calgary, Alberta), and he is confused on how to ship via USPS from Canada. I am trying to help him out, but have not found a way to do it. If anyone knows how, please let me know. Thanks.
He should just box it up, go to a post office, (Canadapost) they'll give him the different options for sending. He picks one, and they'll give him a customs form to fill out. He should declare whatever value you both decided on, and write: "Used Sporting Goods: Paintball" in the description tab.

Once it crosses the boarder, USPS will take over the item.
Frink98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 10:53 PM #60
nreber2

Hello having a little promblem with boarder service. Wondering if anyone could help.

Here is the story, after it being a month now my package still has not arrived. I phoned Canada post as to aquire where it is. Since the tracking number says it's been in Vancouver for the past month. Canada post then says to call the boarder service saying that it maybe hasn't gotten though.

Well I phoned them, they said that they don't have it. And when asked what was in it I replied a "paintball marker", the repersentatives says that it's a prohibited item and it's a "weapon". I'm like ok, I gotten many markers before what up with this one being a weapon ? <- he then says to send the ones I've got back. The marker is an invert mini in it's case with nothing else, and was shipped U.S.P.S. The representative then says that it should be sent back to shipper. I said ok, when will this be? The conversation pretty well ended there with him saying that it is not up to us.
And since it's been a month and got to Vancouver on the 4th, I'm pretty positive that it's lost.

Anyone have any advice or any suggestions on what to due?
nreber2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 11:34 PM #61
flipflapjack13
GWC #31

OK, something similar to this happened to me in late August. My markers were shipped USPS Global Express Mail and after 3 weeks, I still hadn't received them and the tracking said it was stuck in the Canadian Customs Agency in Vancouver.
What I did was phoned Canada Post General Inquiries and asked about my package that was stuck in Canadian Customs. The lady asked for my tracking number, I gave it to her and she re-directed me to Border Services I believe, and then they transferred me directly to Canadian Customs in Vancouver and I got in touch directly with a worker there.
I talked to him and he told me that the description of what was in the box was lost and they were holding it, so I had to fax a personal statement in on what it was and I got my marker the day after.
Hopefully this helps you out.
Old 12-12-2007, 05:52 PM #62
Paul_iz_Agg
Hey!

you forgot to never ship to first to canada , if a canadian recieves something without paying its considered a gift and the police cant do anything , so make a Canadian baller ship/pay first
Old 02-25-2008, 05:39 PM #63
outreach
karnage

outreach supports Team VICIOUS
outreach supports Pev's Paintball
outreach supports Empire
ups is evil. they charged me like 100 on a 200 gun lol. thats the end of my input which we already knew

OLD FEED BACK

"Originally posted by mouse87: clearly you're new, everyone knows that private label guns shoot a lot faster and more accurate"
"Originally posted by Joshisanalligator: buddy, we're on the internet. just be thankful there's a central topic to this argument"
outreach is offline   Reply With Quote