Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-11-2012, 03:57 PM #1
kingman imagine 03

03 kingman spyder imagine

I have a 03 Spyder Imagine can any one out there help me with orings or seals for it.I bought it used on ebay and just getting into the hobby with my son.The gun has a flame drop forward, twisted volumizer ,sticky grips a lapco feed neck ,sweet spot trigger, delrin bolt and 14 inch system x barrel with 32 degrees light springs.And all that and the gun just don't seem to shot right my sons Tippman 98 custom shots much better then it.Any help would be good thank you.
kingman imagine 03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-11-2012, 05:50 PM #2
oldironmudder

has been a member for 10 years
Contact kingman for orings & a spare cup seal.

Arkansas Paintball Exchange <-BST for Arkansas & surrounding states
oldironmudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:35 AM #3
kingman imagine 03

Any other info on getting orings without going to the dealer would help
Old 10-12-2012, 07:41 AM #4
stickin2j
Good clean family fun

stickin2j has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
stickin2j has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Drop zone pb
http://www.dropzonepaintball.com/Kin...arts-s/257.htm
stickin2j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:08 AM #5
kingman imagine 03

Thank you for the info stickin2j.They are 23.00 from kingman and 13.00 from drop zone paintball what a difference.
Old 10-14-2012, 11:44 AM #6
snprgy

has been a member for 10 years
all o-rings are tank sized
the striker needs to be the red softer style
and for cup seals, lapco's are softer than kingman's so they provide a better seal longer.
snprgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:15 PM #7
kingman imagine 03

snpry they are all tank size o rings.I got 100 tank orings that are duro 90 will they still work?Do you know where i can buy just the striker seals in bulk?
Old 10-15-2012, 07:13 AM #8
kingman imagine 03

any info on strikers seals
Old 10-15-2012, 11:57 AM #9
Grimm9010

I have a 2004 ,2/2003 Spyder Imagine's All 3 Rebuilt from ground up and not gonna lie the Biggest Thing when it comes to Accuracy is the Volumizer and the barrel . I have a a Smart-parts .689 Barrel 16 inch and its Damn accurate . I would Check what Size barrel Bore your using and what size paint balls and would recommend using a Spyder VS3 low Pressure Volumizer (its worked better then any after market one ive bought) and a Shocktech or Hush Bolt.
Grimm9010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:57 AM #10
Grimm9010

Oh and ANSgear.com gots a killer price on orings
Grimm9010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:29 PM #11
kingman imagine 03

And another question i have a system x 14 inch barrel its .689.Is it suppose to have a orings back where it treads into the gun itself because mine don't have one and everyone i see has an oring there?
Old 10-16-2012, 02:18 PM #12
theblindchicken
49'er

theblindchicken is an NCPA player
theblindchicken is an NCPA National Champion
theblindchicken plays in the APPA D5 division
Not all barrels have orings on them. From my experience spyder barrels usually do have a oring to provide a larger amount of friction to stop the barrel from unscrewing itself during play. They can unscrew themselves because of the loose tolerances all around the entire marker and forces caused by the markers cycling.

A simple tank oring stretched over the threads may work for a while, but may need replacing more often.

Quote:
I have a 2004 ,2/2003 Spyder Imagine's All 3 Rebuilt from ground up and not gonna lie the Biggest Thing when it comes to Accuracy is the Volumizer and the barrel . I have a a Smart-parts .689 Barrel 16 inch and its Damn accurate . I would Check what Size barrel Bore your using and what size paint balls and would recommend using a Spyder VS3 low Pressure Volumizer (its worked better then any after market one ive bought) and a Shocktech or Hush Bolt.
An aftermarket reservoir/volumizer isn't any different than the stock kingman ones. Only a few brands actually changed the inside volume from kingman's products, everyone else just changed the visual aesthetics.

Instead of a Low Pressure Volumizer, I'm pretty sure you mean a regulator that outputs a relatively low pressure compared to the older 800psi spyders. The regulator will allow for a better adjustment of the pressure on the paintball and the overall fps.
theblindchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:25 PM #13
kingman imagine 03

I was told all orings in the gun were tank orings except the striker oring i have 100 I bought from ebay and are duro 90 the black orings will they work for the rest of the gun?

Last edited by kingman imagine 03 : 10-16-2012 at 02:26 PM. Reason: forgot some words
Old 10-16-2012, 02:29 PM #14
theblindchicken
49'er

Except for the orings for the air line and the striker, pretty sure everything is tank oring sized.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:25 PM #15
kingman imagine 03

I did everything to these gun rebuild all new orings oiled everything changed out the springs to see if it would make it shot better and still shots like crap.If anyone can help it would be very helpful.It wont even shot 20 feet
Old 10-17-2012, 12:36 AM #16
theblindchicken
49'er

Then it's definitely your air system. You probably need to do a maintenance on your regulator. Or your regulator doesn't output a high enough pressure to cycle your spyder fully.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:21 AM #17
kingman imagine 03

Is the regulator the front grip where you hold on to it?
Old 10-21-2012, 07:41 PM #18
theblindchicken
49'er

Correct, although I just realized that if it is the stock grip/expansion chamber, then it wouldn't need any maintenance because it's empty to allow any liquid CO2 to fully expand into a gas. Check anyway.

Do you have the stainless steel braided hose for your airline? If so, make sure there aren't any major kinks in it as that can prevent the flow of air.

Are you using Compressed Air/N2 or CO2? Either way, I would check you tank checked out to make sure that there are no issues with the tank's output pressure.

Also, check to make sure the valve is facing the correct way (larger hole towards the barrel, smaller hole towards the striker). If it isn't, then that will restrict your airflow greatly.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:02 PM #19
kingman imagine 03

I just dropped it off at a paintball shop and he said it might be a sear?He didnt say a hammer sear or sear pin or what so i dont know.I will wait to find out if he fixes it or not.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:34 PM #20
theblindchicken
49'er

The sear is what holds the striker/hammer back when its cocked back. When you pull the trigger, one end of the sear is tilted up resulting in the lowering of the other side. In doing so, the striker is released and results in the cycling of the marker. Not too sure what that has to do with poor fps, but I don't have your marker infront of me.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:12 PM #21
kingman imagine 03

I thought the same thing blindchicken.I think he might be trying to take a newbi for a ride.But not sure