Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-06-2012, 07:07 PM #64
Harribo

So it means nothing in terms of performance gains, here i was hoping for a massive efficiency increase. Anyway, my clone is efficienct enough for what i need.

Im waiting in patience to see the VX parts in action
Harribo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-07-2012, 10:34 AM #65
98Pro
Asylum 502

98Pro plays in the PSP
98Pro owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
98Pro owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
98Pro plays in the APPA D4 division
Oh you'll see gains it's just not like you'll be getting true 80fps gains because the bolt simply can't cycle at 8ms normally. IT should make it get another pod maybe a pod and a half. Because you'll be setting your gun up for effciency when you normally run stock settings. You could see gains with tuning your gun but this will make your gun actually release all the air in a shorter time and more towards the end of the cycle so you have less air lost. It'll result in a crisper shot, or it should in principle. The VX may get better I'm not sure on how it's shot's timing is compared to the GT. Really the gun could be more efficient all depending on how they mill the inside of the bolt and how long they make the power tube but that would sacrifice smoothness and shot quality where as this doesn't.
"Alright you guys are my ginger crew, you gotta act hard af" - Todd Martinez
Play SEPS!
98Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:32 PM #66
PhazedReality818

from what i understand of how macdev spools work, and i could be wrong here, the marker is supposed to dump all of the air inside, out of the bolt, through the barrel. if all of the air doesn't leave the bolt in the dwell time set, that air that didn't pass through the bolt will be vented out the solenoid, wasting the air. this should alleviate some of that
Old 11-07-2012, 05:12 PM #67
dak22

dak22 is playing at Living Legends VII
dak22 is playing at Living Legends VIII
dak22 is playing at Living Legends IX
dak22 is playing at Living Legends X
got the mod today.

Some quick impressions:

It is as pooty described in the vid, but how you lower the DWELL IS DEPENDENT ON HOW YOUR CLONE SHOOTS.

This is important because pooty's suggestion of 8 didn't work for me. It was extremely erratic for my GT.

It's best to start at stock (12) and find your desired FPS, then lower the dwell until your FPS changes, then increase it by 1. For me, this was 10.

I would shoot 280 easily with the mod but w/o it, it would be at 200 at that dwell. Going to 9 would just make my fps go haywire, regardless of the mod.

Last edited by dak22 : 11-07-2012 at 05:34 PM.
dak22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:16 PM #68
James@MacDev
secret underground lair

has been a member for 10 years
James@MacDev works for a Paintball manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhazedReality818 View Post
from what i understand of how macdev spools work, and i could be wrong here, the marker is supposed to dump all of the air inside, out of the bolt, through the barrel. if all of the air doesn't leave the bolt in the dwell time set, that air that didn't pass through the bolt will be vented out the solenoid, wasting the air. this should alleviate some of that
that is wrong, the only air dumped to shoot the ball is in the dump chamber.
pooty understands some of the science behind the workings of the gun and without letting too much go this mod can increase efficiency.

Dak22 if you are seeing erratic velocity i would check the lube on the drivetrain, try the newest militia lube and clean all the old stuff off.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:16 PM #69
srtjay

srtjay plays in the PSP
srtjay owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by dak22 View Post
got the mod today.

Some quick impressions:

It is as pooty described in the vid, but how you lower the DWELL IS DEPENDANT ON HOW YOUR CLONE SHOOTS.

This is important because pooty's suggestion of 8 didn't work for me. It was extremely erratic for my GT.

It's best to start at stock (12) and find your desired FPS, then lower the dwell until your FPS changes, then increase it by 1. For me, this was 10.

I would shoot 280 easily with the mod but w/o it, it would be at 200 at that dwell. Going to 9 would just make my fps go haywire, regardless of the mod.
Running with a dwell at 10 that bad boy must of been butter and no kick?
Old 11-07-2012, 05:31 PM #70
dak22

Quote:
Originally Posted by James@MacDev View Post
that is wrong, the only air dumped to shoot the ball is in the dump chamber.
pooty understands some of the science behind the workings of the gun and without letting too much go this mod can increase efficiency.

Dak22 if you are seeing erratic velocity i would check the lube on the drivetrain, try the newest militia lube and clean all the old stuff off.
Not only am I using the new militia lube since I got it a while back, but I just placed a fresh battery an hr ago as well.

At a dwell of 10 with the mod, it shoots butter w/o any hiccups like in pooty's vid. +/- 4 w/ at 80fps difference b/w mod and no mod.

At 9 is when everything becomes unpredictable regardless of what I do.

Last edited by dak22 : 11-07-2012 at 05:33 PM.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:41 PM #71
Mid-State Baller (Banned)

Do you work on Spyders?
Mid-State Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:06 PM #72
srtjay

srtjay plays in the PSP
makes me wanna try this mod!
Old 11-07-2012, 09:36 PM #73
lewis314

lewis314 is playing at Living Legends VII
lewis314 plays in the APPA D4 division
lewis314 supports Shocker RSX
lewis314 supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by dak22

Not only am I using the new militia lube since I got it a while back, but I just placed a fresh battery an hr ago as well.

At a dwell of 10 with the mod, it shoots butter w/o any hiccups like in pooty's vid. +/- 4 w/ at 80fps difference b/w mod and no mod.

At 9 is when everything becomes unpredictable regardless of what I do.
I'm curious now. Do you know what your pressure was at.
lewis314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:38 PM #74
PhazedReality818

@ james

thanks for the response brother.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:43 AM #75
dak22

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewis314 View Post
I'm curious now. Do you know what your pressure was at.
Same pressure I usually use at a dwell of 12 for 280: about 100 psi.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:37 AM #76
Jinx18
Dynamic

Jinx18 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by srtjay View Post
Running with a dwell at 10 that bad boy must of been butter and no kick?
Why is a low dwell smoother?

Quote:
Why are you not letting to much go? It can increase efficiency by raising pressure and sealing off the dump chamber before fully emptying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak22 View Post
People need to stop saying 80fps increase. What is the fps difference between stock bolt and stock dwell and then the modded bolt and lowered dwell?

The video is very misleading as people are thinking they will see 80fps over stock. Call the mod what it is. It will eliminate bolt stick and slightly increase efficiency.

Gearbag Sale!!!!!
Jinx18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:01 AM #77
dak22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx18 View Post

People need to stop saying 80fps increase. What is the fps difference between stock bolt and stock dwell and then the modded bolt and lowered dwell?

The video is very misleading as people are thinking they will see 80fps over stock. Call the mod what it is. It will eliminate bolt stick and slightly increase efficiency.
Where did I say it would increase FPS at stock dwell?

98 pro, at the top of this page, and others beforehand explained why this isn't the case, so I didn't mention anything about it because I assumed people would read the posts.

At stock, nothing changes regardless of whether the mod is in or not. Simply put, it lets you keep stock settings at lower dwells depending on your GT. What I was trying to get at, with my impressions, is that you're going to have to play with your GT to find which dwell it works best at instead of relying on a specific number.

At my GT's preferred dwell (10), I get the 80 fps difference like the vid illustrates b/w mod or no mod. Putting it back to stock changes nothing except not needing the mod to get at the desired fps range. Putting at 9 makes it erratic to jump to any conclusion regardless.

Last edited by dak22 : 11-08-2012 at 08:43 AM.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:02 AM #78
third lobe
No Frills Just Kills

third lobe is a Supporting Member
third lobe supports DLX Technology
any update on the older clones (i.e. - v1, v2 and vx).

Also can you drop the GT can and bolt in an older clone that is not VX?
third lobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:21 AM #79
98Pro
Asylum 502

98Pro plays in the PSP
98Pro owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
98Pro owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
98Pro plays in the APPA D4 division

Leave this hee so more of you cn understand how the fun works. I know it's a dorid but it's all essentially the same.
"Alright you guys are my ginger crew, you gotta act hard af" - Todd Martinez
Play SEPS!
98Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:19 PM #80
James@MacDev
secret underground lair

James@MacDev works for a Paintball manufacturer
Quote:
Why are you not letting to much go? It can increase efficiency by raising pressure and sealing off the dump chamber before fully emptying.
the spring does not have anything to do with sealing off the dump chamber, it does not raise pressure either.

this is a good mod by pooty, we have one here at the factory and have done some testing of our own on it.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:46 PM #81
K3nDinio

Quote:
the spring does not have anything to do with sealing off the dump chamber, it does not raise pressure either.

this is a good mod by pooty, we have one here at the factory and have done some testing of our own on it.
So are you guys getting the same results or ????
K3nDinio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:16 PM #82
luckyone

luckyone owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
luckyone has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I'm just ready to send my parts in for my vx lol, its getting pretty cold in MI
Old 11-08-2012, 05:32 PM #83
Jinx18
Dynamic

Jinx18 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:

I'll clarify what I meant. I meant the owner of the marker can increase efficiency by increasing pressure and lowering dwell with this mod. The gun needs to empty the dump chamber in order to reach a desired velocity. This takes time. The dwell is set to make sure that happens. Too short and the bolt returns before all the air comes out and you lose velocity. Too long and it is wasted time. No real downside as the dump chamber is sealed so it will not continuously vent air and most everyone shoots 12.5 so the drop in max bps is not important. The spring increases bolt speed which is why you can lower your dwell and not lose velocity. It takes 12ms for the stock drivetrain to go forward and dump the air before coming back. With pooty's mod the bolt travels forward faster due to the spring force (overcoming stiction as well a pushing the bolt). That is why you can lower the dwell a couple of milliseconds. You can increase efficiency slightly by increasing pressure. There is a balance between pressure and volume to reach your velocity. You can use less air (volume) at a higher pressure or more air at a lower pressure. Generally higher pressure lower volume gives better efficiency. The faster bolt speed also makes it slightly easier to get a gain this way by releasing the air all at once/quicker than a slower bolt so more air acts directly on the ball although it is very minimal difference.

I think this mod is great for bolt stick (not really efficiency) and I would personally use it at stock dwell. I just don't like the way the mod was sold with "80fps increases". It should be an anti bolt stick mod in my eyes and advertised as such but that's my opinion and every business owner as well as consumer has a right to do what they choose.

Gearbag Sale!!!!!

Last edited by Jinx18 : 11-08-2012 at 05:36 PM.
Jinx18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:00 AM #84
tranman

tranman owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tranman owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
tranman owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
I'll clarify what I meant. I meant the owner of the marker can increase efficiency by increasing pressure and lowering dwell with this mod. The gun needs to empty the dump chamber in order to reach a desired velocity. This takes time. The dwell is set to make sure that happens. Too short and the bolt returns before all the air comes out and you lose velocity. Too long and it is wasted time. No real downside as the dump chamber is sealed so it will not continuously vent air and most everyone shoots 12.5 so the drop in max bps is not important. The spring increases bolt speed which is why you can lower your dwell and not lose velocity. It takes 12ms for the stock drivetrain to go forward and dump the air before coming back. With pooty's mod the bolt travels forward faster due to the spring force (overcoming stiction as well a pushing the bolt). That is why you can lower the dwell a couple of milliseconds. You can increase efficiency slightly by increasing pressure. There is a balance between pressure and volume to reach your velocity. You can use less air (volume) at a higher pressure or more air at a lower pressure. Generally higher pressure lower volume gives better efficiency. The faster bolt speed also makes it slightly easier to get a gain this way by releasing the air all at once/quicker than a slower bolt so more air acts directly on the ball although it is very minimal difference.

I think this mod is great for bolt stick (not really efficiency) and I would personally use it at stock dwell. I just don't like the way the mod was sold with "80fps increases". It should be an anti bolt stick mod in my eyes and advertised as such but that's my opinion and every business owner as well as consumer has a right to do what they choose.
Are you really trying to argue with a guy that helped design the clone?
tranman is offline   Reply With Quote