PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-04-2006, 01:54 PM #1
sloonan

has been a member for 10 years
Upgrading a Diadem?

I am new to Diadems and I may be getting one but it has a few things I believe I need to get for it.
This Diadem comes with no eyes, eye covers, detents, or regulator.
I don't know if it possible to add eyes and eye covers?
Are detents something you just screw into the gun, I believe they are but just wanted to make sure? Also any good brands anyone can suggest?
I am looking at the Centerflag reg but is Palmers Fatty better?

Anyone that can shed some light I would appreciate it.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-04-2006, 02:48 PM #2
SSCamaro

Is this the one off of ebay?
Yes it is possible to add eyes and eye covers.
Detents prevent the paintballs from rolling forward out of the barrel and from rolling back towards the bolt, helps to prevent double feeding. As for detents I love the mac dev delrin detents but theres plenty to choose from.
Now for the regulator, I personally like the AKALMP Sidewinder, but out of those 2 choices I would go with the Palmers.
Old 08-04-2006, 02:59 PM #3
sloonan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSCamaro
Is this the one off of ebay?
Yes it is possible to add eyes and eye covers.
Detents prevent the paintballs from rolling forward out of the barrel and from rolling back towards the bolt, helps to prevent double feeding. As for detents I love the mac dev delrin detents but theres plenty to choose from.
Now for the regulator, I personally like the AKALMP Sidewinder, but out of those 2 choices I would go with the Palmers.
Yeah, its the one. I think it's a fair price.
How hard is it to add eyes/covers? Do I need an airsmith to do this? Cost?
Thanks for the info on the detents, my local shop has those for $6.
Why do you like the Sidewinder reg over the others? In your opinion do I need an LPR as well as a HPR?
Thanks.

Last edited by sloonan : 08-04-2006 at 03:02 PM.
Old 08-04-2006, 03:05 PM #4
SSCamaro

To add eyes and covers is not that hard at all, was it pre-tapped for the eye covers and eyes or no?
As for the regulator I have currently both of the ones you mentioned and others and in my 6 years experience in paintball I have found the sidewinder one of the most consistant, I also like the bob long torpedos/
Lpr- I was talking about this in another thread I believe and was thinking of making something custom for these markers. If cocker related, mac dev sonic lpr, tickler lpr, or palmers rock/micro rock.
Old 08-04-2006, 03:08 PM #5
sloonan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSCamaro
To add eyes and covers is not that hard at all, was it pre-tapped for the eye covers and eyes or no?
I don't know but I'm guessing it isn't pre-tapped
Old 08-04-2006, 05:12 PM #6
Fryloc

AM used to have parts kits, there were eyes, boards, the little rubber buttons, etc. If you an get them to talk to you they may still have that stuff.

If you are like most of us, they won't answer any emails anymore, so what I would do is get the fatty and a rock for the ram and set it to 100 psi or less. The way it was originally designed was for there to be no need for eyes, the bolt would just bounce off the paint instead of chopping.

My brother had one for a short while, no eyes , modes, or anything, just straight semi. It worked best with a force feed hopper. We tried using gravity hoppers and it chopped a lot. (blowback thru the feed neck.)
Old 08-06-2006, 03:25 PM #7
desertT1
The Burninator

which one is it? i don't see one up there without eyes. auction number?
Old 08-06-2006, 08:25 PM #8
sloonan

Yay I won, I am getting my diadem!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=200011848473
Old 08-06-2006, 10:34 PM #9
desertT1
The Burninator

okay, i do remember seeing that. nice grab, if you can't get eyes right away, you might be able to turn them off on the board and then still use it.

i think that i have a rather nice setup on my diadem. there's nothing over the top, but i have:
system x slider on/off
black cp shorty hpr
palmers micro rock lpr
splatttts bumper mod
matchstik kit

nothing special is requiredfor this marker to be great. i would have to recommend a decent hpr and a micro rock. I have put 10-15 cases through mine and have yet to chop paint...speaks a lot for the eye system on these things. congratulations and good luck.

edit: forgot to mention that if you get the hpr, lpr, eyes, detents, covers, and a barrel if you want you will have a great setup for less than what most of us paid for ours when we got them.
Old 08-07-2006, 09:56 AM #10
sloonan

Yeah, I just picked up a CF HPR reg and a micro rock off ebay. The local store near me has the detents, drop and macroline to get it set up. I think I should be ok till I can get the eyes done. I also got a Halo B with rip and V35 board. I was looking at the Cheetah board but it's just a little over my budget.
Any mods I should be looking at it that are really worth it?
Old 08-07-2006, 08:33 PM #11
desertT1
The Burninator

bumper mod will let you shoot those really small bore paints. if you're on a budget for a while i used scortch from walmart for a while and after the bumper mod i never had a problem whereas before i would have to push the bolt forwards to clear a ball that was pressed in into to bolt too far because the balls are so small.

what's a CF reg? also if you can find them the eye covers will keep any dirt out that might get in. i live in the desert, so we have a reasonable amount of dust when we play sometimes.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:14 PM #12
sloonan

CF reg -CenterFlag Hyper Inline Regulator - It's the stock reg that came with most Diadems.
I'm actually not getting this one now, damm ebay. I might be getting a Bob Long Torpedo, hopefully. I'll find out on this one in about two days.
Until I can find someone locally to put in the eyes for me I won't have to worry about dust because they aren't pretapped yet.
And the paint I use is pretty high quality usually either Marbilizer or Draxxus.
Thanks for the info on the bumber mod, is it hard to do?
Old 08-08-2006, 01:27 AM #13
desertT1
The Burninator

honestly i would stay away from the stock regs if you can. they are made so that they shouldn't be lubed and that can lead to spikes. if nothing else, wait til you have a lpr on there to protect the solenoid.

bumper mod is a piece of cake. if you have trouble getting the circular piece off of the shaft(you'll figure out what i mean) i used cloth hockey tape with the non-sticky side facing the shaft so that i could really grip down with plyers.
Old 08-08-2006, 08:06 PM #14
Axe56
(e)rAwR!

Axe56 posts videos on PbNation
halo v35 = win on the diadem =]

feeds pleanty fast for even the 25bps... love it with mine on semi. nice choice.

torpedo or detonator for a reg is my opinion. also, all medium brand paints usually shoot well out of the diadem as well. I found xball gold shoots like a dream, as well as marbs, the pmi premium is decent as well (and a bit cheaper)
Old 09-05-2006, 04:21 PM #15
sloonan

SOOOOOO HAPPY!!!!!!!

The Diadem finally arrived. Customs was holding it up, the auction I won was from Canada.
Does anyone have a manual scanned on the Diadem or even one I could buy in print. I really want to learn all the different parts of the gun to fix it if it goes down.
Thanks.
Old 09-05-2006, 04:24 PM #16
sloonan

Oh and does anyone know where I might be able to buy eyes and eye covers?
Old 09-07-2006, 10:52 PM #17
desertT1
The Burninator

not too sure about the eyes, but if you can't find any stock ones contact "damonwills", i think that's the right name. he's the scenariodreams.com guy and does eyes. since you don't have holes for the eyes yet a shop would be able to bore holes for them to fit.

as for covers, do you have the little hole below the detents for the covers? if not, then you could also have a shop make you some covers and tap some holes for you.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:51 PM #18
sloonan

Oops sorry, I forgot to post it but it actually does have the holes pretapped.
Old 09-08-2006, 12:53 AM #19
desertT1
The Burninator

for the eyes and the eye cover screws? if it's just for the eye covers, then you can still have some made, and a hole drilled inline with the screw hole. does your board have a input for eyes? it's a four wire input just to the left and up from the led.
Old 09-08-2006, 07:28 AM #20
sloonan

I am not sure what the holes are for, they are small and a little to the right and lower then the detent holes, yeah the board has the eyes input
Old 09-08-2006, 08:40 AM #21
hopelessandsic

that should be the eye holes.